Subject: "This has come up before.." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Code Changes Topic #163
Show all folders

JavaWed 17-May-17 01:32 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#168, "This has come up before.."

But why are areas "how new immortals cut their teeth"? Seems to me that, considering areas aren't really a -need- right now, there might be more efficient ways of bringing new Imms along.

What's the risk to allowing them to actively manage the cabal a little earlier? Or even a religion for that matter? As long as you vet them prior to them joining the staff, and keep at least a decent eye on them early on I don't see much risk. Worst case, maybe a poor leader gets picked or a trash paladin gets tatted. So what? Those are easily correctable. More likely result? Cabals other than Tribunal get some love and the playerbase stops congregating in the Spire.

It just seems like the current system is outdated and only in place because that's how it's always been. Status quo is rarely, if ever, valid justification for a process.

Just a thought.

I do want to say, I really do appreciate this type of status update. From an outside perspective, CF really looks leader-less and direction-less lately even if we know that isn't actually the case. More communication on the way ahead definitely helps clear that up. Hopefully this becomes a regular thing.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicStatus Update [View all] , Scarabaeus, Wed 17-May-17 10:03 AM
Reply Seven new immortals?, Kstatida, 18-May-17 08:26 AM, #8
Reply Thank you sir (n/t), Bemused, 17-May-17 07:54 PM, #7
Reply This has come up before.., Java, 17-May-17 03:41 PM #5
Reply I suppose I've never directly responded before, Scarabaeus, 17-May-17 04:14 PM, #6
     Reply Thanks for the response, Java, 18-May-17 02:18 PM, #9
Reply This is great., Iunna, 17-May-17 12:12 PM, #3
Reply RE: Status Update, Jhyrbian, 17-May-17 11:02 AM, #1
     Reply outing/annoying, Scarabaeus, 17-May-17 11:10 AM, #2
          Reply RE: outing/annoying, Tac, 17-May-17 01:32 PM, #4
Top General Discussions Announcements Code Changes Topic #163 Previous topic | Next topic