Subject: "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructive Hand of Daevryn, Imperial High Priest" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #59801
Show all folders

DaevrynSun 15-Jul-07 01:45 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59832, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructive Hand of Daevryn, Imperial High Priest"

I really struggled with how I should handle Waserax, not unlike the parallel struggle I had with Zesam, though the two characters couldn't have been less alike. I haven't reviewed the PBF comments but I have a feeling you'll see some of both throughout the course of his life.

First, the good: Waserax was an excellently played character. He wasn't afraid to throw down with anyone, and he wasn't afraid to be around no matter how outnumbered he was. (Further, he had a lot of success in PK -- he wasn't just a suicidal or stupid gutsy style character.) His RP was always consistent and excellent. He did a great job of rolling with any of the obstacles or challenges I threw in his way. He started with an Empire cabal that wasn't doing so hot and saw it through a lot of periods of utter dominance, his own efforts no small part of the why of it.

I was perhaps most impressed by your sportsmanship as a player, backing off from people who might be linkdead, many easy rot kills, repeat kills of people you'd whipped earlier, etc. You reach a higher standard in this department than I've ever managed as a player, and probably the game would be a better place if more of the players tried to follow your example in that respect. I can't say everything you did was perfect, but I would be hard pressed to find a PK-successful character who did better.

Where I really struggled is that Waserax, to me, wasn't really a Daevryn character. His early play and first couple empowerment talks were great -- probably the first character about which I said to myself, I think I'm going to need to tattoo this guy. But in actual play, not so much? He was relatively low on the ambition scale, more or less content to let other people be Emperor or not push for promotion as hard as he could. He gave his enemies breaks at times in ways an archetypal Daevrynite wouldn't. He was willing, at times, to be part of a winning team rather than seek personal glory/dominance/whatever -- certainly you'll find nastier politics in the office of your choice on any given Tuesday than was typical of Waserax.

At times I definitely tried to send you IC pokes and prods to grab yourself a throne (or whatever) by any means necessary, and I would have really liked to see you stretch your comfort zone as a player to achieve those things, but at the same time I couldn't usually bring myself to bust on a character that I thought was excellently RPed and generally great in play.

Commentary, questions, disagreements, accusations of deadbeat-dad-dom? Toss 'em my way, I'm curious to see what your take on it all was.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructive Ha... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 15-Jul-07 07:29 PM
Reply Good job., Lyristeon, 17-Jul-07 12:19 AM, #26
Reply Not Waserax but, incognito, 16-Jul-07 04:30 PM, #27
Reply I will start a Shaman thread in Gameplay real soon. -nt..., Mek (Guest), 16-Jul-07 06:12 PM, #28
Reply RE: Good job., Isildur, 16-Jul-07 10:47 PM, #29
Reply RE: Good job., ORB, 16-Jul-07 11:22 PM, #30
Reply Stand up char all the way around., Vhloughvang (Guest), 16-Jul-07 01:44 PM, #25
Reply You were by far my favorite..., Zesam, 15-Jul-07 07:16 PM, #21
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Vryaeth (Guest), 15-Jul-07 07:02 PM, #20
Reply Nicely done., Twych (Guest), 15-Jul-07 11:36 AM, #17
Reply Excellent Character, Quezzumpliet, 14-Jul-07 02:13 PM, #12
Reply Gratz on a great character, Zulghinlour, 13-Jul-07 09:47 PM, #2
Reply RE: Gratz on a great character, Isildur, 13-Jul-07 09:55 PM, #3
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Isildur, 13-Jul-07 09:43 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Xin (Guest), 13-Jul-07 10:13 PM, #4
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Soayel (Guest), 13-Jul-07 10:38 PM, #5
     Reply RE Log Post Deletion, Niheriva (Guest), 13-Jul-07 11:05 PM, #6
     Reply RE: RE Log Post Deletion, Isildur, 13-Jul-07 11:17 PM, #7
          Reply YES JOIN THE DARK SIDE!!!, drovis (Guest), 14-Jul-07 09:21 AM, #8
     Reply Nice Job, Khasotholas, 14-Jul-07 01:16 PM, #9
     Reply Hunsobo greet High Priest., Hunsobo (Guest), 14-Jul-07 01:35 PM, #10
     Reply Oh and the vote..., Hunsobo (Guest), 14-Jul-07 01:37 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Hunsobo greet High Priest., Isildur, 14-Jul-07 10:14 PM, #14
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Zarilia (Guest), 14-Jul-07 08:27 PM, #13
     Reply What I saw was good, Victoria2 (Guest), 15-Jul-07 03:38 AM, #15
     Reply Great Character!, Kastellyn, 15-Jul-07 10:59 AM, #16
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Daevryn, 15-Jul-07 01:45 PM #18
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Isildur, 15-Jul-07 06:21 PM, #19
     Reply Two questions, one for Innis, one for the peanut galler..., Isildur, 15-Jul-07 07:50 PM, #22
     Reply Was around you a bit as Felenera...., Tac, 16-Jul-07 08:37 AM, #23
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Waserax Urgazar the Destructiv..., Ktaar (Guest), 16-Jul-07 12:04 PM, #24
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #59801 Previous topic | Next topic