Subject: "Hey Scar. The Goblins skill skirt = Terrible." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #52044
Show all folders

Zrog (Anonymous)Thu 10-Oct-13 07:39 PM
Charter member
#52044, "Hey Scar. The Goblins skill skirt = Terrible."

To the point I won't bother practicing it again in it's current form.

If it could at least do the same damage as circle then it'd be worth it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Hey Scar. The Goblins skill skirt = Terrible., Daevryn, 10-Oct-13 08:40 PM, #1
     Reply Hahahahahah, Tac, 10-Oct-13 09:36 PM, #2
     Reply Very cool. Shame i'm deds end goners! n/t, Zrog (Anonymous), 10-Oct-13 09:55 PM, #3
     Reply powering upskirt, Scarabaeus, 11-Oct-13 11:27 AM, #4
          Reply Awesome title. Excellent lack of proper spacing., Tac, 11-Oct-13 12:12 PM, #5
          Reply How do you test new skills/spells/sups/items etc?, Frequentplayer, 11-Oct-13 07:29 PM, #6
               Reply advice, Scarabaeus, 11-Oct-13 07:54 PM, #7
                    Reply I don't believe I ever reported a bug with anything exc..., Frequentplayer, 11-Oct-13 08:41 PM, #8
                         Reply Unless you use a proxy for every login, Anti-Hero, 11-Oct-13 08:49 PM, #9
                              Reply Perhaps., Frequentplayer, 11-Oct-13 09:04 PM, #10
                                   Reply Lately, Tsunami, 11-Oct-13 10:46 PM, #11
                                   Reply Giving up never helps, Anti-Hero, 11-Oct-13 11:40 PM, #12
                                        Reply Neither does beating your head on a wall. n/t, Frequentplayer, 12-Oct-13 12:49 PM, #13
                                        Reply I wouldn't bother, unless you're going to properly prof..., blackbird, 14-Oct-13 08:44 AM, #14

DaevrynThu 10-Oct-13 08:40 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52049, "RE: Hey Scar. The Goblins skill skirt = Terrible."
In response to Reply #0

I was going to give you coal, but then I looked at the skill and found this comment in the code:

// I have no clue what that last number does

Annnnnd that number's the damage multiplier.

I'll adjust it.

TacThu 10-Oct-13 09:36 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52051, "Hahahahahah"
In response to Reply #1

That's awesome.

Zrog (Anonymous)Thu 10-Oct-13 09:55 PM
Charter member
#52052, "Very cool. Shame i'm deds end goners! n/t"
In response to Reply #1

grrrr

ScarabaeusFri 11-Oct-13 11:27 AM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#52068, "powering upskirt"
In response to Reply #1

There should be a way you could give him coal AND fix the skill. I think it's interesting that the testers never realized the damage wasn't multiplying!

TacFri 11-Oct-13 12:12 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#52075, "Awesome title. Excellent lack of proper spacing."
In response to Reply #4

That is mostly all.

You should get better testers. RP focused Imms (most of them) do not thae best testers make. Find some twink players to test stuff.

FrequentplayerFri 11-Oct-13 07:29 PM
Member since 31st Jul 2013
228 posts
#52095, "How do you test new skills/spells/sups/items etc?"
In response to Reply #4

I know the centaur race has some bugs for instance but sine so few people play these races I don't know that they get attention.

ScarabaeusFri 11-Oct-13 07:54 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#52097, "advice"
In response to Reply #6

Testing varies according to availability. Sometimes we test things ourselves, sometimes we delegate.

Here are some pro tips (see what I did there?) for reporting potential bugs:

• Flooding me with notes saying centaurs are broken and then deleting when you don't get an immediate response is less effective than posting an issue on the Bug Board. Notes vanish with time, Bug Board posts haunt us forever.

• Consider the proverbial relationship between flies and honey (notwithstanding arguments to the contrary) when reporting a potential issue.

• Keep in mind that some code issues are more complex than they appear prima facie and we might have something to discuss on this side of the fence before implementing a fix.

FrequentplayerFri 11-Oct-13 08:39 PM
228 posts
#52098, "I don't believe I ever reported a bug with anything exc..."
In response to Reply #7
Edited on Fri 11-Oct-13 08:41 PM

And I won't use the bug board because of (Perhaps irrational) fear of IP tacking done by some Imms.

I get what you're saying though. I simply prefer to be direct.

Anti-HeroFri 11-Oct-13 08:49 PM
Member since 19th Sep 2013
64 posts
#52100, "Unless you use a proxy for every login"
In response to Reply #8

I think it's safe to assume the immortals that can watch IP addresses can get it anytime they want, and likely have it already. Especially the more high profile players. Don't do anything out of line and I seriously doubt they give much of a damn about it.

Not using the bug board because of IP watching is probably a lost cause. Especially when they could get it from the normal posts you make, and your characters in particular are generally not a big secret to the playerbase, so who really cares? Just report the bugs so the rest of the mud can become a smoother running machine for it.

FrequentplayerFri 11-Oct-13 09:04 PM
228 posts
#52101, "Perhaps."
In response to Reply #9

Honestly, I've been pretty disillusioned lately and have given up trying to RP as it get's no returns. So I suppose it really doesn't matter if the whole mud knows who is behind the curtain.

TsunamiFri 11-Oct-13 10:46 PM
Member since 25th Mar 2008
1509 posts
#52102, "Lately"
In response to Reply #10

har har

Anti-HeroFri 11-Oct-13 11:40 PM
Member since 19th Sep 2013
64 posts
#52104, "Giving up never helps"
In response to Reply #10

Ignore the bitching on the forums, play your character, live his role, enjoy yourself, roleplay, and everything else falls in to place. It's just a game, you can work to enrich it or make it more sour to spite people, but in the end that never helps.

FrequentplayerSat 12-Oct-13 12:49 PM
228 posts
#52115, "Neither does beating your head on a wall. n/t"
In response to Reply #12

sfgbwgfb

blackbirdMon 14-Oct-13 08:44 AM
Member since 04th Sep 2009
178 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#52142, "I wouldn't bother, unless you're going to properly prof..."
In response to Reply #12

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #52044 Previous topic | Next topic