Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectHey Scar. The Goblins skill skirt = Terrible.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=52044
52044, Hey Scar. The Goblins skill skirt = Terrible.
Posted by Zrog on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To the point I won't bother practicing it again in it's current form.

If it could at least do the same damage as circle then it'd be worth it.
52049, RE: Hey Scar. The Goblins skill skirt = Terrible.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was going to give you coal, but then I looked at the skill and found this comment in the code:

// I have no clue what that last number does

Annnnnd that number's the damage multiplier.

I'll adjust it.
52051, Hahahahahah
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's awesome.
52052, Very cool. Shame i'm deds end goners! n/t
Posted by Zrog on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
grrrr
52068, powering upskirt
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There should be a way you could give him coal AND fix the skill. I think it's interesting that the testers never realized the damage wasn't multiplying!
52075, Awesome title. Excellent lack of proper spacing.
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That is mostly all.

You should get better testers. RP focused Imms (most of them) do not thae best testers make. Find some twink players to test stuff.
52095, How do you test new skills/spells/sups/items etc?
Posted by Frequentplayer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know the centaur race has some bugs for instance but sine so few people play these races I don't know that they get attention.
52097, advice
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Testing varies according to availability. Sometimes we test things ourselves, sometimes we delegate.

Here are some pro tips (see what I did there?) for reporting potential bugs:

• Flooding me with notes saying centaurs are broken and then deleting when you don't get an immediate response is less effective than posting an issue on the Bug Board. Notes vanish with time, Bug Board posts haunt us forever.

• Consider the proverbial relationship between flies and honey (notwithstanding arguments to the contrary) when reporting a potential issue.

• Keep in mind that some code issues are more complex than they appear prima facie and we might have something to discuss on this side of the fence before implementing a fix.
52098, I don't believe I ever reported a bug with anything except respectful tones.
And I won't use the bug board because of (Perhaps irrational) fear of IP tacking done by some Imms.

I get what you're saying though. I simply prefer to be direct.
52100, Unless you use a proxy for every login
Posted by Anti-Hero on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think it's safe to assume the immortals that can watch IP addresses can get it anytime they want, and likely have it already. Especially the more high profile players. Don't do anything out of line and I seriously doubt they give much of a damn about it.

Not using the bug board because of IP watching is probably a lost cause. Especially when they could get it from the normal posts you make, and your characters in particular are generally not a big secret to the playerbase, so who really cares? Just report the bugs so the rest of the mud can become a smoother running machine for it.
52101, Perhaps.
Honestly, I've been pretty disillusioned lately and have given up trying to RP as it get's no returns. So I suppose it really doesn't matter if the whole mud knows who is behind the curtain.
52102, Lately
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
har har
52104, Giving up never helps
Posted by Anti-Hero on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ignore the bitching on the forums, play your character, live his role, enjoy yourself, roleplay, and everything else falls in to place. It's just a game, you can work to enrich it or make it more sour to spite people, but in the end that never helps.
52115, Neither does beating your head on a wall. n/t
sfgbwgfb
52142, I wouldn't bother, unless you're going to properly proffer prolific professional help and prophecies to this reprobate.~
Posted by blackbird on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM