Subject: "Shifter Forms" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #38504
Show all folders

Wondering about something (Anonymous)Sun 19-Jun-11 04:20 PM
Charter member
#38504, "Shifter Forms"

I remember there being something about certain forms being linked so that if you recieved something as a second tier form then it removed a certain other shape as the first tier form. Is there a list somewhere that shows it, or is that a secret info?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Shifter Forms, Zulghinlour, 19-Jun-11 07:40 PM, #2
Reply Throwing out the polar bear/pachyderm complaint., TMNS, 19-Jun-11 09:12 PM, #3
     Reply Bounced off the rim and Valg got the rebound..., Zulghinlour, 19-Jun-11 09:14 PM, #4
          Reply Another thing to think about..., Stunna, 20-Jun-11 10:15 AM, #7
          Reply There are no pairs across foci, Zulghinlour, 20-Jun-11 10:39 AM, #8
               Reply you might not be, Dallevian, 20-Jun-11 01:51 PM, #9
                    Reply I'm also not going to optimize for..., Zulghinlour, 20-Jun-11 02:25 PM, #10
                    Reply this. nt, Splntrd, 20-Jun-11 02:31 PM, #11
                    Reply You can't stop me., Dallevian, 20-Jun-11 02:33 PM, #12
                    Reply Why not? nt, Stunna, 20-Jun-11 04:27 PM, #14
                    Reply No, double dip foci is good. It is a choice yu make an..., Abernyte, 21-Jun-11 05:12 AM, #15
                    Reply I laughed really hard at this., Stevers, 21-Jun-11 11:05 AM, #16
          Reply Happy to hear Valg still has some involvement in CF. :)..., Splntrd, 20-Jun-11 04:24 PM, #13
Reply It was basicly that you will not get the same form twic..., Zephon, 19-Jun-11 04:31 PM, #1
     Reply Tell that to my baboon/orangutan/howler monkey shifter,..., Straklaw, 19-Jun-11 11:29 PM, #5
          Reply Heh, before this change was put in, just as new offense..., Abernyte, 20-Jun-11 04:16 AM, #6

ZulghinlourSun 19-Jun-11 07:40 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38508, "RE: Shifter Forms"
In response to Reply #0

>I remember there being something about certain forms being
>linked so that if you recieved something as a second tier form
>then it removed a certain other shape as the first tier form.
>Is there a list somewhere that shows it, or is that a secret
>info?

I don't believe there is a list, nor is it really secret information, more like common sense.

If you get turtle, you won't get armadillo, since the forms are basically identical.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

TMNSSun 19-Jun-11 09:12 PM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38510, "Throwing out the polar bear/pachyderm complaint."
In response to Reply #2

For the last time. I swear

ZulghinlourSun 19-Jun-11 09:14 PM
9792 posts
#38512, "Bounced off the rim and Valg got the rebound..."
In response to Reply #3

Dribbled three times up the court, heaved up a half-court shot and it swished for the game winner. Go Team Immortal.

StunnaMon 20-Jun-11 10:15 AM
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#38515, "Another thing to think about..."
In response to Reply #4

Some of the 3rd and 4th tier forms are redundant across foci. I can't remember what the specific combo was but I want to say I once got 3rd tier forms that were grizzly and polar bear. They did almost exactly the same thing. I think that grizzly bear has been reassigned since then, but none the less it's something to think about?

ZulghinlourMon 20-Jun-11 10:39 AM
9792 posts
#38517, "There are no pairs across foci"
In response to Reply #7

And the infrastructure in place for it doesn't really allow it either, so there'd be an overhaul necessary for that. As it stands, I'm not that worried about cross-foci redundancy.

DallevianMon 20-Jun-11 01:51 PM
1620 posts
#38520, "you might not be"
In response to Reply #8

but after having two off/off shifters both with cold forms for 2nd tier and a util/util with two monkey forms...I'm not too happy about shifters.

That's 3 out of four shifters I've tried to make that have been screwgied, especially considering that I wanted to sit in the 30s and pk with all of them. Bad redundancy.

ZulghinlourMon 20-Jun-11 02:25 PM
9792 posts
#38522, "I'm also not going to optimize for..."
In response to Reply #9

Redundant focus choices (util/util & off/off) which you have opted for. You are the minority here, and honestly I'd be more inclined to not allow you to choose the same focuses for both.

SplntrdMon 20-Jun-11 02:31 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38523, "this. nt"
In response to Reply #10

a

Splntrd

DallevianMon 20-Jun-11 02:33 PM
1620 posts
#38524, "You can't stop me."
In response to Reply #10

I'm going to roll up 100 shifters with redundant foci. Mwuahaha.

And they're all going to be Zulgh followers.

StunnaMon 20-Jun-11 04:27 PM
1048 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#38526, "Why not? nt"
In response to Reply #10

sd

AbernyteTue 21-Jun-11 05:12 AM
973 posts
#38528, "No, double dip foci is good. It is a choice yu make an..."
In response to Reply #10

~

SteversTue 21-Jun-11 11:05 AM
Member since 01st Mar 2010
152 posts
#38530, "I laughed really hard at this."
In response to Reply #9

A monkey shapeshifts into.... a monkey?

SplntrdMon 20-Jun-11 04:24 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#38525, "Happy to hear Valg still has some involvement in CF. :)..."
In response to Reply #4

a

Splntrd

ZephonSun 19-Jun-11 04:31 PM
Member since 21st Mar 2007
488 posts
#38505, "It was basicly that you will not get the same form twic..."
In response to Reply #0

So if you get the bear as your 2nd tier form you will not get it as your 1st tier.
Same thing, badger & wolverine are very similar and you cannot get them both.

I can think of some examples beyond these but I dont think they are nessicary.

StraklawSun 19-Jun-11 11:29 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
#38513, "Tell that to my baboon/orangutan/howler monkey shifter,..."
In response to Reply #1

First and last time I played a util/util shifter, let me tell you. Not only were 3 of my last 4 forms near identical, but I just don't LIKE the way the monkeys play either, heh.

Even had an Imm tell me in the desc room that I had an "interesting" form set. So I powerleveled up as quick as I could to see what awesome formset I had

AbernyteMon 20-Jun-11 04:16 AM
973 posts
#38514, "Heh, before this change was put in, just as new offense..."
In response to Reply #5

I had a shifter defense forms of Araile Lizard, Tuara Lizard, Sand Lizard and then Diamondback. It meshed well with Ram but defensively I lacked options, heh.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #38504 Previous topic | Next topic