Subject: "The orc village." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3524
Show all folders

VladamirSat 17-Jan-04 03:52 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#3524, "The orc village."

Does anyone else think it should be not be possible to be summoned from/flown into, simply for balance? Orcs don't get guilds or cabals. Both guilds and cabals cannot be flown into, and guilds cannot be summoned from. Seeing as how no orc can go park themselves into a guild for safety, nor can they go park themselves in a cabal, wouldn't it just be more balanced to make their village work this way?

The way it stands now, any jerkoff with an invis potion can just waltz right on in, any air shifter can flap on down, and anyone with summon can just yank you on out. Orcs don't have any of the safe havens other races/classes potentially have, nor are they capable of having them because of their restrictions. Think we could get a teeny bit of orc loving to even things out?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ValguarneraSat 17-Jan-04 06:26 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3526, "RE: The orc village."
In response to Reply #0

Well, there have been a couple of recent changes that address this sort of thing. For one thing, movement through the village is a big pain for non-orcs, and fairly easy travel for orcs, since they're used to it. Also, there are layout changes which help you avoid attackers who are on foot.

There's some other things I want to encourage through the area team, though I'm not sure I'd want to go as far as you suggest.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

VladamirSun 18-Jan-04 12:55 AM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#3535, "Yeah I agree 100% with you on my idea being a little mu..."
In response to Reply #2

I really just didn't have a whole lot of other ideas, and wanted to provoke some discussion. Like Isildur said, I wouldn't mind seeing some (not all) of the orcs, maybe guards and tribesmen, detect invis. Maybe an alchemist who is captured and imprisoned by the orcs can sell potions, possibly even a captured healer or something. I just know as it stands now, orcs get the shaft pretty heavily compared to others who can be caballed.

IsildurSat 17-Jan-04 05:29 PM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3525, "RE: The orc village."
In response to Reply #0

If the orcs in the village could see invis I'd say it's more than balanced. Guild guards can be killed. Breaking into the orc village incurs the risk of getting spinebroken, and isn't posible for people below a certain rank.

Maybe there should be a mob with a teleport potion in the village, or someone who sells them.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #3524 Previous topic | Next topic