Subject: "Wise Recovery" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #26866
Show all folders

RadeWed 16-Sep-09 03:03 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
157 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26866, "Wise Recovery"

Does Wise Recovery essentially swap out your wisdom/con for the stat that determines your healing rate? Is your healing rate limited to whatever your rate would be if you had maximum con?

It just dawned on me that if that's the case, essentially every elf should take this cheap edge no matter what.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DaevrynWed 16-Sep-09 06:24 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26868, "RE: Wise Recovery"
In response to Reply #0

>Does Wise Recovery essentially swap out your wisdom/con for
>the stat that determines your healing rate?

Yup.

>It just dawned on me that if that's the case, essentially
>every elf should take this cheap edge no matter what.

Well, yes and no.

It would make pretty much every elf regenerate HP faster. Or every gnome. Etc.

But there's still an opportunity cost to buying it. It's not that cheap -- probably there's some other edge that's useful to your character that costs about the same. Also, some characters may not care a lot about their HP recovery rate.

SplntrdWed 16-Sep-09 04:37 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26883, "RE: Wise Recovery"
In response to Reply #2

I know we've talked about it before, but I wonder how the regen rates compare?

Does a character with 25 WIS + Wise Recovery regen at the same rate as a character with 25 CON?

Splntrd

DaevrynWed 16-Sep-09 05:55 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#26884, "RE: Wise Recovery"
In response to Reply #3

In most cases, yes. The exceptions would be if something else that modified HP regen cared about one of those stats -- the orc toughness skill, for example.

CerunnirWed 16-Sep-09 03:26 AM
Member since 21st Oct 2003
294 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#26867, "I think this edge is good."
In response to Reply #0

I dont have any proof, but my theory is that it swaps con with wis if your con is lower than your wisdom. However there is a drawback in that it only works if your "calm", if this means calm as in able to sleep or calm as in able to enter a guild I do not know.

In regards to if it increase your regen to your max con, or to your wisdom score I have no clue about. But aslong as your con is lower than ma which it will always be after your character grows a bit older) , its always a good edge.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #26866 Previous topic | Next topic