Go back to previous topic
Forum Name Gameplay
Topic subjectWise Recovery
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=6&topic_id=26866
26866, Wise Recovery
Posted by Rade on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Does Wise Recovery essentially swap out your wisdom/con for the stat that determines your healing rate? Is your healing rate limited to whatever your rate would be if you had maximum con?

It just dawned on me that if that's the case, essentially every elf should take this cheap edge no matter what.
26868, RE: Wise Recovery
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Does Wise Recovery essentially swap out your wisdom/con for
>the stat that determines your healing rate?

Yup.

>It just dawned on me that if that's the case, essentially
>every elf should take this cheap edge no matter what.

Well, yes and no.

It would make pretty much every elf regenerate HP faster. Or every gnome. Etc.

But there's still an opportunity cost to buying it. It's not that cheap -- probably there's some other edge that's useful to your character that costs about the same. Also, some characters may not care a lot about their HP recovery rate.
26883, RE: Wise Recovery
Posted by Splntrd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know we've talked about it before, but I wonder how the regen rates compare?

Does a character with 25 WIS + Wise Recovery regen at the same rate as a character with 25 CON?
26884, RE: Wise Recovery
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In most cases, yes. The exceptions would be if something else that modified HP regen cared about one of those stats -- the orc toughness skill, for example.
26867, I think this edge is good.
Posted by Cerunnir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I dont have any proof, but my theory is that it swaps con with wis if your con is lower than your wisdom. However there is a drawback in that it only works if your "calm", if this means calm as in able to sleep or calm as in able to enter a guild I do not know.

In regards to if it increase your regen to your max con, or to your wisdom score I have no clue about. But aslong as your con is lower than max(which it will always be after your character grows a bit older) , its always a good edge.