Subject: "Any thoughts on making the 25 int of elves mean more?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #17623
Show all folders

....Sun 29-Apr-07 09:44 AM
Member since 14th Apr 2003
8 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17623, "Any thoughts on making the 25 int of elves mean more?"

Gnomes get 6 pracs/level with the 25 wisdom which is an improvement over the 5/level you get with the 24 (at least last time I checked.) What do you think about letting elves who have a 25 int practice a skill to 80% with a single practice so that there is actually a point to it being 25 instead of 24?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Purely a guess, but Aim and Precise aim may have an Int..., Quixotic, 29-Apr-07 11:27 AM, #1
     Reply That is just dancing around the question, ...., 29-Apr-07 11:33 AM, #2
          Reply It isn't dancing. Do you think they'd train it to 25 i..., Quixotic, 29-Apr-07 11:41 AM, #3
          Reply Skill improvement rates. (n/t), Valguarnera, 29-Apr-07 01:12 PM, #4
          Reply To quantify this:, Daevryn, 29-Apr-07 02:10 PM, #6
               Reply Would it be possible with a dark elf?, ...., 03-May-07 09:02 AM, #7
          Reply RE: That is just dancing around the question, Daevryn, 29-Apr-07 02:08 PM, #5

QuixoticSun 29-Apr-07 11:21 AM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
829 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17624, "Purely a guess, but Aim and Precise aim may have an Int..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sun 29-Apr-07 11:27 AM

High intelligence helps your character against fiends, increases your learning rate and your mana per level, and as a warrior gives you an incentive to get Striking (see recent logs). From a roleplay perspective, it allows you to use complete sentences with polysyllabic words, allowing your character to legitimately publish some smooooove poetry to win the hearts of those sexy ladies with the pointed ears.

The benefit to practicing you mentioned is easily circumvented if you are patient, and so I see your suggestion as a non-proposal.

The questions I would ask are, "Immortal-coder-pk gods, do you train your intelligence to 25 when you play an elf?" and "What is your reasoning?"

....Sun 29-Apr-07 11:33 AM
8 posts
#17625, "That is just dancing around the question"
In response to Reply #1

I know everything that intelligence does, and all those things are useful. But the difference between 24 and 25 for those things? Basically none. There is no real practical use for having the intelligence actually go up to 25.

QuixoticSun 29-Apr-07 11:41 AM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
829 posts
#17626, "It isn't dancing. Do you think they'd train it to 25 i..."
In response to Reply #2

Those who code and pk can see the numbers and make a valid determination if it is worth the train. They (hopefully) also play the race and see firsthand if those numbers have practical value or are merely time-sink issues.

ValguarneraSun 29-Apr-07 01:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
#17627, "Skill improvement rates. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #2

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

DaevrynSun 29-Apr-07 02:10 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17629, "To quantify this:"
In response to Reply #4

Taking a seven-path elf invoker from creation to caballed, heroed, having done some exploration and seen some PK action, and with all spells in around 100 hours is definitely possible. I don't think it so much is with a human or arial.

....Thu 03-May-07 09:02 AM
8 posts
#17670, "Would it be possible with a dark elf?"
In response to Reply #6

the 2 counter points you used as not being possible only went to 23 int. There is a jump in usefulness between 23 and 24. It just seems like that same jump is not there between 24 and 25 for intelligence as it seems to be for other stats.

DaevrynSun 29-Apr-07 02:08 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17628, "RE: That is just dancing around the question"
In response to Reply #2

>I know everything that intelligence does, and all those
>things are useful. But the difference between 24 and 25 for
>those things? Basically none.

I would say this is incorrect. It's worth training.

That being said, is that extra point of int that an elf has on a dark-elf more important than the extra point of dex that the dark-elf has on any class with dodge or evade? I'd say no, but they have other racial perks.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #17623 Previous topic | Next topic