Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of the B..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #99863
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 04-Jun-11 09:20 PM
Member since 28th May 2024
16887 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99863, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of the Battlefield"

Sat Jun 4 21:17:08 2011

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Hraustr perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:201

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of t..., Syther (Anonymous), 05-Jun-11 11:41 AM, #12
Reply So, vill you be my voman?, Asteria (Anonymous), 05-Jun-11 10:19 AM, #7
Reply RE: So, vill you be my voman?, Igsoeh, 05-Jun-11 11:12 AM, #9
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of t..., Igsoeh, 04-Jun-11 10:54 PM, #2
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of t..., Grelgich (Anonymous), 05-Jun-11 08:40 AM, #4
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of t..., Igsoeh, 05-Jun-11 11:44 AM, #13
Reply Thanks for bringing this character, Vanku (Anonymous), 05-Jun-11 09:15 AM, #5
Reply RE: Thanks for bringing this character, Igsoeh, 05-Jun-11 11:14 AM, #10
Reply What I think you might be missing, incognito, 05-Jun-11 04:53 PM, #16
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of t..., Sivyh (Anonymous), 05-Jun-11 10:13 AM, #6
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of t..., Igsoeh, 05-Jun-11 11:40 AM, #11
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of t..., Chulun (Anonymous), 05-Jun-11 10:41 AM, #8
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of t..., Igsoeh, 05-Jun-11 11:46 AM, #14
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of t..., Zun (Anonymous), 05-Jun-11 01:09 PM, #15
Reply You were surprisingly tough., Eljassir (Anonymous), 04-Jun-11 10:29 PM, #1
     Reply RE: You were surprisingly tough., Igsoeh, 04-Jun-11 10:56 PM, #3

Syther (Anonymous)Sun 05-Jun-11 11:41 AM
Charter member
#99881, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

You'll certainly will be missed. You were a strong presence in the village, and a solid BattleRager. Having people like you in the village certainly makes my job much easier. I hope you get another character going quick because your strong grasp of roleplay helps others in their pursuit of their own. Glwyn.

Asteria (Anonymous)Sun 05-Jun-11 10:19 AM
Charter member
#99876, "So, vill you be my voman?"
In response to Reply #0

Nice char, loved our chats on the eastern road.

GLWYN!

IgsoehSun 05-Jun-11 11:12 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
201 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99878, "RE: So, vill you be my voman?"
In response to Reply #7

Yep, good talks indeed. Enjoyed them, Hraustr was always looking for a woman to keep a farm for him. Of course he couldn't do it, because he was a warrior, but a woman could, cause you know, that's their job and stuff. He was looking for something from his home, being the last of his people and all that. Good luck going forward.

IgsoehSat 04-Jun-11 10:54 PM
201 posts
#99865, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #0

Good run. Definitely enjoyed this character, after I got over the whole "accent being a chore" deal. It got so bad that to do it effectively in the game I was almost speaking with a pseudo-norwegian accent around the house. As I type this right now I have to resist the urge. This was the first character I was so extreme with speech patterns. I basically power-ranked to hero because I figure I got the mid ranks down pretty good, and needed more work on hero PK. That went off without a hitch except for a holdup in the "red zone" for human warriors. Lost a bunch of con there, and then made hero with 12 con, I think. I have the feeling my limited gear knowledge still plays a big part, and the fact that I found myself relying on flail too much. I think I would have gotten more mileage out of something besides Fires. Honestly, sometimes it seems to get worse when your health gets low. I understand some of that is usually by that point in a fight you are maledicted, but even when not maledicted, it seemed to get worse. As for Soul, well 200hp is 200hp, which I'm pretty sure allowed me to pull off some kills. Please let me know if you thought the accent was over the top, sometimes I felt it was, but I don't know, just tried to stick with it.

IMMS

Twist- I know I was crossing the line, but that was part of the RP. I tried to challenge you for the last death, but I guess you weren't online... Bummer. Thanks for being a cool imm, as usual.

Borkhad- Thanks again for all the talks. You will be missed as an Imm, but I hope we'll see you as a mort!

Iunna- I was going to start trying to bring you into Hraustr's RP slowly, and even went to your shrine to pray once! But alas, it was not meant to be. Thanks for the xp and the talk! Oh, and sorry I wasn't real talkative when you dropped in on the village, I think I was in the middle of disciplining my five year old while that was going on, put's a kink in the old RP.

Malakhi- I was going to blow your mind with this upcoming RC. I promise. Thanks for the talk and keep plugging, always been a fan of yours since the way back when we were morts together, I can't even remember on which character.

BATTLE
No one character was more Hraustr's friend than any other, I had a wide range of play times so was able to interact with pretty much all of you at least once or twice. Will keep it short, if you have anything more to say, just let me know.

Olum- Good couple fights, can't believe I forgot the sword, but in the end I think this is better, my con was just too low. Good luck coming up.

Ghurn- Good times, good exploring, that dragon was a disaster eh? Haha.

Zun- Glad I recommended you, glad you got inducted. Definitely liked Zun, good luck coming up.

Judicael- Liked the banter, another one I am glad I recommended.

Dnrandrim- Well done, was bummed when you deleted.

Baluth- Enjoyed our traveling as well. Good luck going forward. big Baluth fan.

Gry- Few interactions, enjoyed them. I always feel nigh invincible with a battle bard next to me. That night we killed Mharl and then took the key by steamrolling Baxyac was a high point for me.

Syther- Sorry I lost my con so fast... Haha. Like you as commander, hope to have another villager under you.

Jokuu, Graggs, Gruus, Adangar, the rest- Good luck, you guys all seem solid. Keep Gruus out of the pig trough! Haha.

Enemies.

Mharl- Good fights, I did much better this time against you than with Zaahir or obviously than Volundr. You are tough tough tough. Really enjoyed the fights.

Chulun- Monster. I was kicking dirt in your eyes because I just couldn't stand against you with a flail, had to use my swords. Enjoyed our fights, even though I think I only got you maybe once. I definitely had you close a bunch of times, but most of those times you got me.

Baxyac- I don't know how it was that you missed the guardian calling out, but I'm pretty sure you thought I was a dagger/sword spec so I can only imagine the surprise when I entwined you. Good fights in any case.

Tavlin- Personally responsible for a large amount of my con. Don't think I ever pinned you down. I took repel henchmen and seven winds just for you and Zhincala.

Zhincala- Don't know where you went. Was looking forward to fighting you at hero, but... Oh well.

Silja- Another one I was looking forward to at hero. Especially after you beat the #### out of me as Alilor.

Volker- God damn man, you are insane. Four villagers at the giant, and you barrel through us to get the Scepter back. Nuts.

Zorg- Good RP, hate fighting a porcupine.

Keller- Good fights.

Sarto- Enjoyed the fights, don't think I ever got you.

Rhone- Glad you didn't actively hunt me. Like a good version of Volker almost.

Cotzibue- Good fights, well laid trap. Would have full looted you if I got you.

I know I'm forgetting a bunch. Thanks for the fights, thanks for most of you being class acts while staying within role. See you out there with the next one!

Igsoeh Darkstorm
Aelisoc Venator
Jeir Govanion
Eled ibn Llibani
Istilion Ar-Ostoeldarin
Kale Jast
Kyrilos Divumarchos
Zaahir al-Salil and now
Hraustr Halvard

Grelgich (Anonymous)Sun 05-Jun-11 08:40 AM
Charter member
#99869, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #2

Well, I can tell you I hated seeing you online. It meant that there would quickly be four more villagers on. When someone is consistent as a character they inspire more people to be online and that is a good thing. We had some good fights, obviously most of them while I was bonded but that's the name of the game with Nexus. Sorry to see your con go so fast but I can tell you as an enemy, we often went for you first. Being entwined at the Destructor is not the most happy place to be. Anyway, good luck with your next.

IgsoehSun 05-Jun-11 11:44 AM
201 posts
#99882, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #4

Yeah I kind of figured that was happening. Flail specs are gnarly in any raid situation. In some ways, I wanted to be the guy when people raided the said, "####, this could go bad quick." Maybe I did that a little too well? Haha. Wolverine is just mean. Good job!

Vanku (Anonymous)Sun 05-Jun-11 09:15 AM
Charter member
#99870, "Thanks for bringing this character"
In response to Reply #2

Great story at the inn, F you for that stuff at the inn heh. It got me banned and them imms would not reply to me when I tried to get back in. My character's rp grew tremendously his first 60 hours because I went to the eternal star and hung out alot. BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

We didn't get a one on one at hero really, but do you think I was stronger than the Chancellor?

IgsoehSun 05-Jun-11 11:14 AM
201 posts
#99879, "RE: Thanks for bringing this character"
In response to Reply #5

Yeah don't worry, I ended up banned too. I think you were close, but definitely did not seem as careful or well prepared. I would assume that is the chaotic part. I think arial transmuter has the potential, the way malleability works. I enjoyed your Vankhu, and I got the scales when you raged! Haha, even if I did lose them two or three times after.... Good job.

incognitoSun 05-Jun-11 04:53 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#99892, "What I think you might be missing"
In response to Reply #5

Is that the Chancellor intentionally doesn't use his strength most of the time.

He's intentionally allowing fights to be closer so that he can get more kills. Either that, or he doesn't have barrier much of the time.

Sivyh (Anonymous)Sun 05-Jun-11 10:13 AM
Charter member
#99875, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #2

And....no revenge for me. Dammit.

IgsoehSun 05-Jun-11 11:40 AM
201 posts
#99880, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #6

Yeah, I was glad you missed, and sorry you got in the way that time in the lands, those were meant for Cotzibue. An entwined assassin with (I'm assuming) litte to no prep against a thirsting villager is... eewww. Good luck an keep trucking!

Chulun (Anonymous)Sun 05-Jun-11 10:41 AM
Charter member
#99877, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #2

What a suprise, boy did ye go all de way... always good to see a character fight till de end... we have some good battles back and forth and being a flail user myself, I always was weary of you entwining.. but I haven't seen much of that.. not sure if there are some reason for that.. anyhow, what ah have seen from you is good things.. and I thanks you for the good battles.... glwyn

IgsoehSun 05-Jun-11 11:46 AM
201 posts
#99883, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #8

Because when I entwine, you bash and drum me, and I get my ass kicked. Haha.

Zun (Anonymous)Sun 05-Jun-11 01:09 PM
Charter member
#99885, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Hraustr Halvard the Legend of t..."
In response to Reply #2

Wow, I didn't expect that you were close to con dying. I really, really like Hraustr. I have to agree with Syther on the RP thing. You are excellent at it. I've never heard anyone pull that accent off and be successful until I listened to you. You helped my character grow in many ways from the recommendation to orcs. Well done and I certainly hope you come back to Battle!

Eljassir (Anonymous)Sat 04-Jun-11 10:29 PM
Charter member
#99864, "You were surprisingly tough."
In response to Reply #0

Always good battles. Way to die like a champ.

Hope to see more from you in the future.

IgsoehSat 04-Jun-11 10:56 PM
201 posts
#99866, "RE: You were surprisingly tough."
In response to Reply #1

Yeah, forgot to list you in goodbyes. Great fights. Close, and tough. Wish entwine would have worked faster most of the time. Especially outside the fort. See you out there.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #99863 Previous topic | Next topic