Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gvantulak J'sirlynl the Grand Mist..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97608
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 21-Feb-11 11:40 PM
Member since 26th Apr 2024
16813 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97608, "(AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gvantulak J'sirlynl the Grand Mistress of Artistry, Empress of Thera"

Mon Feb 21 22:38:03 2011

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Gvantulak perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:601

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Classy.nt, An ally (Anonymous), 02-Apr-11 03:56 PM, #23
Reply poop nt, Oldril (NOT Player), 29-Mar-11 05:02 PM, #21
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gvantulak J'sirlynl the Grand ..., Mundin (Anonymous), 01-Mar-11 09:23 AM, #15
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gvantulak J'sirlynl the Grand ..., Insa (Anonymous), 23-Feb-11 09:56 AM, #13
Reply I'll remember three things about this char., Ghrim (Anonymous), 22-Feb-11 01:10 AM, #2
Reply RE: I'll remember three things about this char., dolt, 22-Feb-11 07:53 AM, #3
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gvantulak J'sirlynl the Grand ..., dolt, 21-Feb-11 11:46 PM, #1
     Reply Great job!, Dallevian, 22-Feb-11 10:57 AM, #4
     Reply Good job, oldtimer, Nnaeshuk, 22-Feb-11 12:31 PM, #5
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gvantulak J'sirlynl the Grand ..., Ebele (Anonymous), 22-Feb-11 02:57 PM, #6
     Reply Great Empress, very well done., Norington (Anonymous), 22-Feb-11 08:27 PM, #7
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gvantulak J'sirlynl the Grand ..., Lam (Anonymous), 22-Feb-11 10:05 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gvantulak J'sirlynl the Grand ..., Isildur, 22-Feb-11 11:06 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gvantulak J'sirlynl the Grand ..., Lokain, 23-Feb-11 01:29 PM, #14
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gvantulak J'sirlynl the Grand ..., MRSK, 22-Feb-11 11:41 PM, #10
     Reply Holy crap! I remember this char from when I had Dronst..., TMNS, 23-Feb-11 01:31 AM, #11
     Reply Good job!, Gaplemo, 23-Feb-11 01:56 AM, #12
     Reply I liked Gvantulak!, CkathCawr (Anonymous), 23-Mar-11 05:29 AM, #16
     Reply Why in the hell would a character this old and steady n..., Mekantos, 25-Mar-11 04:00 AM, #17
          Reply Never saw her rp, ever. Some shady logins. nt, Artificial, 25-Mar-11 11:17 AM, #18
               Reply Ahh -nt-, Mekantos, 25-Mar-11 01:35 PM, #19
               Reply RE: Never saw her rp, ever. Some shady logins. nt, Gvantulak (Anonymous), 29-Mar-11 04:40 PM, #20
                    Reply I wish I knew Hralpelk's player, he was awesome. nt, Artificial, 29-Mar-11 05:26 PM, #22

An ally (Anonymous)Sat 02-Apr-11 03:56 PM
Charter member
#98332, "Classy.nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Oldril (NOT Player)Tue 29-Mar-11 04:59 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Tue 29-Mar-11 05:02 PM

no text

Mundin (Anonymous)Tue 01-Mar-11 09:23 AM
Charter member
#97699, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gvantulak J'sirlynl the Grand ..."
In response to Reply #0

Farewell my lifelong friend, we had a lot of fun together, be it exploring the darkest corners of Thera, killing ragers in my younger years or sitting around the inn getting drunk while discussing Theran politics.

Insa (Anonymous)Wed 23-Feb-11 09:56 AM
Charter member
#97634, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gvantulak J'sirlynl the Grand ..."
In response to Reply #0

You were really cool as an Empress. I'm glad I got to spend some time with you before that happened. Thanks for the fun!

Ghrim (Anonymous)Tue 22-Feb-11 01:10 AM
Charter member
#97610, "I'll remember three things about this char."
In response to Reply #0

That with my comeback character after I heard there was a purge, I remember fighting you when you were an blade. You seemed to get noticeably better from that moment to my limited battles with you as Ghrimriddor.

Second, that you were one of the longest lived Emperor's in recent history. Kudos. Being a leader is a tough, thankless job sometimes, though I'd imagine Emperor powers helped make that easier on you.

Finally, I'm going to assume you never expected to be the catalyst for such pendulum swinging that went on through the life of this character. I was shocked how often after you'd log on how many enemies of yours would log off, and how many of your allies would log on. Nothing ever seemed shady from you, but from others...

Good job, hope you enjoyed the character.

Oh, yeah, I never wanted a truce. But, in a way, it helped the Battle cabal to get back on its' feet, so who knows.

doltTue 22-Feb-11 07:53 AM
Member since 27th Dec 2007
96 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#97615, "RE: I'll remember three things about this char."
In response to Reply #2

Thanks commander. I wasn't too big a fan of the truce either but was hoping it would lead to something more with the drows. however, it did lead to a village insurgence which is always good since usually means more fighting.

It was amazing how things would swing when I logged on and there wasn't much I could do about it, and it never happened early on in my life in my favor which is funny since my playing times never really changed.

Then again in the times pre Hanord emperor, I rarely saw the emperor and any swings that happened then

doltMon 21-Feb-11 11:45 PM
Member since 27th Dec 2007
96 posts
#97609, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gvantulak J'sirlynl the Grand ..."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 21-Feb-11 11:46 PM

Well I finally did some of the things on my bucket list for CF after 14+ years of
playing. I always found myself to be quite noobish, and I am sure it showed as a leader.
However, when I became Empress, I wanted to do things that I think every Empress
should do which is at least attempt to go get her items (Codex, fetish, scepter,
key or head). I didn't want to play an Empress that was a complete ass, as I hated
getting demoted for little mistakes, as often people did not promote as quick. Although,
just about everyone who asked for a promotion from me, that did something half worthwhile
would get a promotion. I generally tried to keep a council that I could monitor and I let
them make promotions to elites, so that is part of the reasons for my decision on
leadership positions.

I was surprised to have been voted Emperor, and was actually just trying to find a way
to save my War Master spot, but I guess I was just the fortunate party in that the
shadow lord and high priest did not trust each other.

With a Sphere of Dedication, the only way I thought fit to go out was with
an age death, although I haven't had a character last long enough for age death
since Kaerk. I expected to have lost all my con even before making leader.

Things checked off the bucket list
1.) Had my first ever leader (War Master and then Empress)
2.) Age Die another character
3.) Learn where at least one talisman of A/S was
4.) Learn where preps in general were
5.) Go to the inferno (got to make 3 trips)
6.) Get a tattoo

Goodbyes:

Faolai/Hanord : Thanks for all the direct and indirect help that you gave this character. I learned so much
from just travelling with you. I also found it amusing Faolai would tell me the "truth" and yet I always wondered
how much of it was true. If you had stayed around I was pretty sure you were a shoe in for Emperor, and actually
thought about wearing some firebrand stuff.

Zasowaski: I think that is the right spelling. Truth be told, I only promoted you to War Master since it appeared
that you had some friction with the high priest or maybe priests in general as you appeared not to care for the next
high priest either, and since I could sense Jharazoul was planning to overthrow me, at least according to most of my
blades and shadows Although, like me, I think you have gotten better since when you first became an oath. Although, show up more.

Pandol: Not sure how you got acid control so I guess you took more risks than I was aware of. The sad thing is the
only person that ever wanted your position was Cawr, and I did not want to give a position to someone that had to use
a blade to get 30+ charges. But truth be told, I kept you around since I figured you would be loyal to me as I think
I was the only one whoever promoted you.

Lam: You were one of the few that I was willing to demote the War Master and promote you, but I just could not
stand minotaur speak.

Khendel: It was always fun fighting you and I enjoyed our interactions from early until late in life when we
were the old geezers fighting.

Targrala: I actually was going to make you War Master until I got a note from probably every elite blade
saying that they did not want to serve under you and that you were conspiring to take my spot. You were
by far the strongest PKer we had, and gvantulak figured you were conspiring with the priest.

Zubei: Thanks for the War Master chance, despite the fact I lost in the Arena to Targrala, since I forgot to turn
off trustcabal and none of my songs affected hi,. I really learned a lot from hanging around with you. I did not see the jerk
that most people complained about. I was actually shocked to see you delete so early as Emperor.

Hralpelk: I enjoyed the interactions we had, and respected the fact you stayed around despite being anathema'ed.

Mujarin/Omork: Thanks for the Hell trips. It was really quite enjoyable and definitely a hell of an experience,
and I wasn't going to be an ass and demand everything despite pushes from people in the party.

Behnistek: Thanks for playing with me in Empire O'Clock times whenever that really consisted on just you and me
trying to get the codex back. It was quite an enjoyable time despite being widely outnumbered by the Fort. I actually
learned a lot from your deaths.

Mundin: Thanks for being a good support character. Although we did not travel as much later when we were both more
leaders in our cabal, it was great when we would get together to fight villagers.

Balta: You were definitely a character that kept me on my toes, but I enjoyed our little skirmishes, as more often than
not they ended up a draw, but I like the fact you were willing to fight.

Adarmar: You are right..Flee is overpowered. Thanks for drilling that in my head, too bad I had already gone through about
15 con before I really learned it.

Scovey: Not sure why you quit coming around, but I enjoyed the "nerd" thief, and the clever ways you had of getting coins.

I had many interactions with a ton of characters, so sorry if I missed some. I am sure I made people mad by sticking around
and not being able to play at all hours of the day, but I do have a job. I also am not the type to log on for 10 minutes see a
bunch of opposition and then log off and back on 30 minutes later.

DallevianTue 22-Feb-11 10:57 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1618 posts
#97616, "Great job!"
In response to Reply #1

I remember fighting you with one char in the early ranks and then again as Marin in hero range. I later had 2 midbie imperials during your reign. All in all, I thought you did a fantastic job of being a generally cool emperor, easy going, and good for the game.

No you weren't uberelite but that should never be a prereq for emperor (or empress). Way to stick it out and consider me impressed with the accomplishments. You're a better player now so bring it.

NnaeshukTue 22-Feb-11 12:31 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
#97618, "Good job, oldtimer"
In response to Reply #1

I'd see you around and just couldn't believe that you'd been around that long. I saw a lot of growth with this character. Good job there. I liked to picture you walking around with a walker :p

Nae-nae

Ebele (Anonymous)Tue 22-Feb-11 02:57 PM
Charter member
#97620, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gvantulak J'sirlynl the Grand ..."
In response to Reply #1

Weldone on a very good character. I had most fun mixing your drinks. I guessed that the color of Empire would be "Blood Red". And thats why the drink.

It was always fun RP (talking) with you and telling jokes. I loved how you got people to celebrate your birthday and get you gifts. That was one of the best events ever.

GLWYN

Norington (Anonymous)Tue 22-Feb-11 08:27 PM
Charter member
#97621, "Great Empress, very well done."
In response to Reply #1

You were a team player and I enjoyed your interactions. Very pleasant, and a classy player. I'm glad you got to experience the Inferno and see a lot. I think all players should be so lucky as to experience it once.

Hope to see you around in the fields! Good luck with your next!

Lam (Anonymous)Tue 22-Feb-11 10:05 PM
Charter member
#97623, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gvantulak J'sirlynl the Grand ..."
In response to Reply #1

Dang, you sure last a long time you old geezer.. This character must last a year and that is a long time to stay at something! I think I must have play quite a few char over Gvantulak's life and all thought well of ye, in both ally and enemies' eyes. I saw ye have evolved much throughout its life and became quite powerful later on, even saw you once with the shawbies or something like dat.. personally I don't like long live character because it is just too looong, like an old record.. but you're okay in my book, glwyn

IsildurTue 22-Feb-11 11:06 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#97624, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gvantulak J'sirlynl the Grand ..."
In response to Reply #1

It's hard to believe you only had 601 hours. I went back and checked my PBF: apparently I killed you in the Fortress as Ageryn on February 27, 2010. That is nuts.

You seemed like a good sport, generally speaking, which counts more in my book than anything else.

LokainWed 23-Feb-11 01:29 PM
Member since 03rd Jul 2009
173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#97636, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gvantulak J'sirlynl the Grand ..."
In response to Reply #9

Yeah, I agree with everything Isildur. You were exactly the kind of emperor cf needed at the time. Evil, but not incredibly heavy handed. Congratz on an age death, shows your dedication.

MRSKTue 22-Feb-11 11:16 PM
Member since 06th May 2008
204 posts
#97625, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [EMPIRE] Gvantulak J'sirlynl the Grand ..."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Tue 22-Feb-11 11:41 PM

>>>Targrala: I actually was going to make you War Master until I got a note from probably every elite blade
saying that they did not want to serve under you and that you were conspiring to take my spot. You were
by far the strongest PKer we had, and gvantulak figured you were conspiring with the priest.

Ugh. I won't ever try to take Emperor spot myself. I didn't want or need it. But you are right if Jharazoul would cause the vote I'd vote for him. So it was fair play. I give my big thumbs up for sticking it out to age death and to how much you've learned. My only complaint is that you didn't have enough playtime for being leader. But that's just how it is. By the way I don't think trustall would change much in those fights for War Master Fire giant bash spec with axes is overpowered combo in cage fight vs bard. Your only chance would be for happy sleep...but even then I think you'd loose. But it would at least prolong the fight. Also it was obvious that Zubei wished you as War Master way more than me. But it was just as how it was with Ahtieli wishing that felar warrior to take War Master spot instead of Danishef's mino. You either make decision with your power word or suffer the consequences. In my case Zubei found the reason for demotion fast enough

>>>Adarmar: You are right..Flee is overpowered. Thanks for drilling that in my head, too bad I had already gone through about
15 con before I really learned it.

You are wellcome

TMNSWed 23-Feb-11 01:31 AM
Member since 10th Jun 2009
2670 posts
#97629, "Holy crap! I remember this char from when I had Dronst..."
In response to Reply #1

I've quit twice since then!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang. That's a long lived char. Reminds me of a Rioko type. Guess it's the bard things. Maybe I should try one one of these days.

GaplemoWed 23-Feb-11 01:56 AM
Member since 06th May 2010
618 posts
#97630, "Good job!"
In response to Reply #1

Solid all around. Glad you stuck with the char and rode it out, and everything played out well for you. I am glad you enjoyed the hell trips, and it was nice to get to keep some things. I made sure to try and keep you happy, and actually never had it in for you when you were Empress, I enjoyed your casual agressive style and willingness to try new things. Was fun being in your Empire.

CkathCawr (Anonymous)Wed 23-Mar-11 05:29 AM
Charter member
#98022, "I liked Gvantulak!"
In response to Reply #1

Sad to see that I'm not in your goodbyes. I remember promoting Gvantulak to elite blade over a year ago as Ckath. I really liked our interactions, Ckath's rp didn't lend itself too well to try and help people to get better at PKing.

Then as Cawr our hours didn't match very well. Anyways, good char, good run! I hope you come back with something cool again and make use of all the knowledge your gained with Gvantulak.

Good luck!

MekantosFri 25-Mar-11 04:00 AM
Member since 06th Dec 2003
796 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98047, "Why in the hell would a character this old and steady n..."
In response to Reply #1

asf

ArtificialFri 25-Mar-11 11:17 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#98050, "Never saw her rp, ever. Some shady logins. nt"
In response to Reply #17

nt

MekantosFri 25-Mar-11 01:35 PM
Member since 06th Dec 2003
796 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#98053, "Ahh -nt-"
In response to Reply #18

asf

Gvantulak (Anonymous)Tue 29-Mar-11 04:40 PM
Charter member
#98136, "RE: Never saw her rp, ever. Some shady logins. nt"
In response to Reply #18

You can criticize my rp all you want since I wasn't the annoying type blabbering over the cabal channel, but the shady logins is a wild stretch considering I pretty much always logged in at the same time for my entire life well before Emperor. I did not have any control over the fact that when I logged on, everyone else logged off xyz char and logged on their imperial.

If you want to pick shady logins you could look at liosthen and Hralpelk.

ArtificialTue 29-Mar-11 05:26 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#98140, "I wish I knew Hralpelk's player, he was awesome. nt"
In response to Reply #20

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #97608 Previous topic | Next topic