Subject: "(DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illus" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #9707
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 17-Oct-02 09:16 PM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9707, "(DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illus"

Thu Oct 17 23:14:26 2002

1 o''clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Battle on the Theran calendar Cyradia perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:thief
Level:58
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:3863
PK Ratio:98% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply And the chimes play a low, sad tune, BattleCharmed, 19-Oct-02 10:40 AM, #32
Reply RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..., Kadsuane, 18-Oct-02 07:31 AM, #20
Reply WOW, Jede, 18-Oct-02 12:34 AM, #12
Reply RE: WOW, ATK, 18-Oct-02 01:05 AM, #13
Reply RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..., Cyradia (Guest), 17-Oct-02 10:19 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..., Yanoreth, 17-Oct-02 10:26 PM, #6
Reply You will be most sorely missed. nt, Boldereth, 17-Oct-02 10:47 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..., Damiano, 17-Oct-02 11:02 PM, #8
Reply God is dead., Igsoeh, 17-Oct-02 11:22 PM, #9
Reply Agreed n/t, Romanul, 18-Oct-02 12:11 AM, #11
Reply Nooooooooo, Delanan, 17-Oct-02 11:54 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..., Artemis, 18-Oct-02 01:46 AM, #14
Reply Peace n/t, ArChaos, 18-Oct-02 01:49 AM, #15
Reply Well phuq., Vladamir, 18-Oct-02 02:36 AM, #16
Reply RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..., Intronan, 18-Oct-02 05:36 AM, #17
Reply Hmm, Young Nastyman, 18-Oct-02 05:39 AM, #18
Reply RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..., (NOT Graatch), 18-Oct-02 07:36 AM, #21
Reply Help Wanted: Must be Evil with open schedule, Drinks Alone. (Guest), 18-Oct-02 10:59 AM, #23
Reply RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..., Jhyrbian, 18-Oct-02 11:12 AM, #24
Reply Well, damn., nepenthe, 18-Oct-02 11:18 AM, #25
Reply In Re: Trabryn..., Larcat, 18-Oct-02 11:26 AM, #26
Reply RE: Braerus, Voice of the Scarab, Scarabaeus, 18-Oct-02 12:23 PM, #27
Reply Damn you straight to hell!, Zulghinlour, 18-Oct-02 12:29 PM, #28
Reply RE:, Dallevian, 18-Oct-02 12:52 PM, #29
Reply RE:, Isildur, 20-Oct-02 12:10 AM, #34
Reply . . . ., shokai, 18-Oct-02 01:23 PM, #30
Reply ***Lets out a long drawn out Sigh***, Lokaoan (Guest), 18-Oct-02 02:12 PM, #31
Reply Congrats, Mack the Knife (Guest), 19-Oct-02 11:17 PM, #33
Reply RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..., Sebeok, 20-Oct-02 10:25 AM, #35
Reply Well. . ., Iunna, 22-Oct-02 09:06 AM, #36
Reply I cant believe this, Oddjob, 17-Oct-02 10:02 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..., ORB, 17-Oct-02 09:51 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..., Dwimmerling (Guest), 17-Oct-02 09:40 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..., A_druiD, 18-Oct-02 07:26 AM, #19
     Reply RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..., rezplayer, 18-Oct-02 08:18 AM, #22
Reply No Freaking Way, Minyar, 17-Oct-02 09:19 PM, #1

BattleCharmedSat 19-Oct-02 10:40 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9708, "And the chimes play a low, sad tune"
In response to Reply #0

Ill miss you Cyradia, all the talks we had, your pet wolf eating my Storm Warrior so far back. Memories, oh the memories. But I hope that one day you will return to the IMMstaff and continue what you started. You really are IMP material.

BattleCharmed

KadsuaneFri 18-Oct-02 07:31 AM
169 posts
#9709, "RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..."
In response to Reply #0

Damn who is gonna leak all the imm only information to me now that you are gone? Oh well I guess I still have Nepenthe to give me the hook up. Right nep? *wink* *wink* *secret handshake*

On the bright side now that you arent an imm any more we can perma group and cheat like we always wanted to.

Much Love

the PaRv

JedeFri 18-Oct-02 12:34 AM
0 posts
#9710, "WOW"
In response to Reply #0

thats all I really gotta say.........I never saw an IMM or IMP delete before and never really saw a reason why to (hence immortals NEVER die and you could keep the char and get on with your life and come back at leisure) well eh....I never ever interacted with you unless ye yelled at me for goin ooc when I first started....well good luck with whatever your gonna do (btw nice pk percentage..98%!?!? thats insane!!!)

ATKFri 18-Oct-02 01:05 AM
59 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#9711, "RE: WOW"
In response to Reply #12

Belive it or not, but there is mortal characters with more than 98%.

ATK
"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."

ATK

Cyradia (Guest)Thu 17-Oct-02 10:19 PM

#9712, "RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..."
In response to Reply #0

I spent my immortal career defending our staff and being an idealist. I reached a point where I no longer felt that I could defend the entire staff, nor felt that it was something I wanted to belong to any longer. The months leading up to this decision have drained me of any emotional involvement, so I bow out easily now.

I would like to thank those few and far between players that I really enjoyed interacting with. You made it fun.

Good luck Zulg. Sorry I couldn't save the quote for you.

He stopped. This had sometimes happened to him before, that in the midst of cresting anger, he had seen the futility of what he was doing and saying. He had seen the emptiness of anger itself, and realized in a moment of utter practicality that he could not continue like this, that if he did, nothing would be accomplished except his own misery. -Rice

YanorethThu 17-Oct-02 10:26 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
896 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9737, "RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..."
In response to Reply #5

I'll miss your ideas for new toys for immortals, not to mention all the other stuff you did.

Yanoreth

BolderethThu 17-Oct-02 10:47 PM
197 posts
#9736, "You will be most sorely missed. nt"
In response to Reply #5

nt

DamianoThu 17-Oct-02 11:02 PM
0 posts
#9735, "RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..."
In response to Reply #5

I am not going to try and pry into why you did what you did. But regardless, I was Todrael constantly seeking your empowerment over the last week and a half, I am sorry that you deleted, I had a char empowered once by you before, but unfortunately it didnt work out as I had planned, I Was hoping to make this one better. I Really dont know what to say It really stuns me to see someone whom I know has put much effort and time into the game I like...just up and go..As I said I am sure you had your reasons, but darn Cyradia, this stinks
good job with thieves, and everything else you have had your hand in coding up to date.

Todrael/Selfren/Penz/Narin/others.

IgsoehThu 17-Oct-02 11:22 PM
201 posts
#9733, "God is dead."
In response to Reply #5

Shitty, just plain shitty. Oh well, good luck in life and all, thanks for the help you gave me long ago just before I started Igsoeh. I guess this makes my current character moot. Oh well. Like I said, good luck and good job.

RomanulFri 18-Oct-02 12:11 AM
114 posts
#9734, "Agreed n/t"
In response to Reply #9

n/t

DelananThu 17-Oct-02 11:54 PM
6 posts
#9732, "Nooooooooo"
In response to Reply #5

Now my 3 year old competition with Jhyrbian to see who can get your tattoo/induction in the fewest questions will remain forever unchallenged at 3.

Seriously, we had our disagreements, but you added a lot to CF via your contributions, and it's a loss to see you go.

ArtemisFri 18-Oct-02 01:46 AM
4 posts
#9731, "RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..."
In response to Reply #5

Well I am sure I speak for everyone when I say that You shall be missed very much by all the mortal characters also. A very sad sight to see you go. Even though I never interacted with you, I liked the feeling of "Damn!" whenever I saw you around. Just sorry I never got the chance to roleplay with you. Take care..

ArChaosFri 18-Oct-02 01:49 AM
352 posts
#9730, "Peace n/t"
In response to Reply #5

VladamirFri 18-Oct-02 02:36 AM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#9729, "Well phuq."
In response to Reply #5

I totally didn't see this coming. You were always one of my favorite immortals, I never saw you do anything that was less than top notch roleplaying. In all sincerity I think you leaving is a huge blow to the CF atmosphere, and a real loss to the IMMstaff. I always loved our interactions, and found you to be top notch in all things. I REALLY am going to miss you. Damn this sucks.

IntronanFri 18-Oct-02 05:36 AM
25 posts
#9728, "RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..."
In response to Reply #5

I doubt many people realize how much you contributed. I'll miss your complete lack of bs attitude, how much you aided the game, and how you helped me along as an imm. Thanks, and good luck.

Int

Young NastymanFri 18-Oct-02 05:39 AM
22 posts
#9727, "Hmm"
In response to Reply #5

1st paragraph is pretty damning.

Oh well, nice job on thieves and I'm sure you'll be missed.

Graatch (inactive user)Fri 18-Oct-02 07:36 AM
Charter member
#9726, "RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..."
In response to Reply #5

Very interesting.

Anyway, I recall standing in Scar's shrine entrance having killed Coprophagus (sp?) and eventually dying and all the gear crumbling because it touched the floor. This was when you were a mortal little pissant of course and we were a bunch of hero goodies.

Like I said though, very interesting. I'm sure one day we'll hear the story behind your departure and the awful things going on behind the scenes that you refer to. Until then, enjoy your free time.

Drinks Alone. (Guest)Fri 18-Oct-02 10:59 AM

#9725, "Help Wanted: Must be Evil with open schedule"
In response to Reply #5

Just wanted to say thanks for your character(s).

Should you find yourself out in the Pacific Northwest,
I'd love to buy you a beer.

Good job.
DwE. }>

What Would Keniston Do?

JhyrbianFri 18-Oct-02 11:12 AM
917 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9724, "RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..."
In response to Reply #5

Will miss having you around. You were always cool about inducting my thirtieth and fiftieth scarabs.

Keep in touch.

jhyrbian@cyberbeach.net

nepentheFri 18-Oct-02 11:18 AM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9723, "Well, damn."
In response to Reply #5

I wish there was something I could say to defend the staff from the implied accusations in that post, but I don't think there is anything I can say that's not likely to spark a huge angry debate. Frankly, I don't want to look back in a year or five and remember our time together on CF that way.

Mostly, I'd like to remember the fun of giving you quests and things to do in your pre-imm days, the cool/stylish interviews I had for Scarab and the like from mortal-side over the years, the stuff we collaborated on, and generally just how cool it was to have you around.

I suppose that area never will get written, now. Alas, the beach.

Take care of yourself, grasshopper, and try not to be a stranger.

LarcatFri 18-Oct-02 11:26 AM
495 posts
#9722, "In Re: Trabryn..."
In response to Reply #5

Did you ever have a tatted follower? I was kicking ideas around in my head about roles for the religion. CF kind of needs that sort of populist thing kicking around.

"New payment options w/ Iron Realms"

ScarabaeusFri 18-Oct-02 12:23 PM
Member since 19th Feb 2011
1524 posts
#9721, "RE: Braerus, Voice of the Scarab"
In response to Reply #5

I suspected this was on the horizon; it's a shame when you put a lot
of work into something and then leave in disappointment. But, as a
fellow (worn out) idealist, lo siento.

You're the only person I've ever imm'd (I think), and you deserve
recognition for being able to put up with me for however many years
we ended up working together. We disagreed about a lot of stuff, but
became friends anyway, and I did enjoy working with you (though I'm
sure I never said that enough). Ultimately, the most important thing
to me was knowing that you cared, whether we saw eye-to-eye or not.
And I know you cared.

ZulghinlourFri 18-Oct-02 12:29 PM
9792 posts
#9720, "Damn you straight to hell!"
In response to Reply #5

This leaves me the only surviving member of Team 56. We grew up together through the immortal ranks. Time to go pour a 40 out for my dead homies.

We talked all the time, became bitter and jaded, and continued on. I can't say I'm surprised, but it still frustrates me that you left. I'll miss ya being around.

Good luck with everything you do. I'm sure you're already feeling better now that the albatross is no longer hanging around your neck.

Zulg

P.S. Damn you for taking my quote!

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

DallevianFri 18-Oct-02 12:52 PM
1620 posts
#9718, "RE:"
In response to Reply #5

It's funny how things work out. I can't say I'm surprised, though. I've respected you ever since the first time you replied to an email about empowerment in the wee days of newbiedom, and grew to love you after the fourth empowerment. Thanks for all the effort and hardwork, and especially for thieves.

What will Jhyrbian play now?

IsildurSun 20-Oct-02 12:10 AM
5969 posts
#9719, "RE:"
In response to Reply #29

Ragers.

shokaiFri 18-Oct-02 01:23 PM
519 posts
#9717, ". . . ."
In response to Reply #5

You put in a lot of hard work, and you did a lot of good for CF as a whole. We butted heads a lot towards the end, but I suppose we each see things through different eyes.

It occured to me after I posted, I didn't say thanks you. Didn't want to leave that unsaid, thank you for all the work you've put in over the years.

"Last call!
It's closing time
I'm on the road to god don't know
My brain's the burger and my heart's the charcoal
It's closing time

- Modest Mouse

Lokaoan (Guest)Fri 18-Oct-02 02:12 PM

#9716, "***Lets out a long drawn out Sigh***"
In response to Reply #5

I can already feel the desperation of trying to find another imm to interect with on the level that you gave me, and the desperation that is going to be going around all over CF. Let me just say, first of, you were stunning, in your roleplay, what little things that I knew that you contributed to the game.. never had an imm so I dont know bout a lot of stuff, but the stuff I did know about just scratched the surface im sure, and that is enough to blow away a lot of imms. And I know a few of the things you are talking about that are ##### and shouldnt happen, but the few I know about are minor mistakes and everyone is human, even the immortals (wink), but im certain that my knowledge of such doesnt scratch the surface there either.

anyway, Thanks

and know that you will be greatly missed

Your faithful follower Lok

Mack the Knife (Guest)Sat 19-Oct-02 11:17 PM

#9715, "Congrats"
In response to Reply #5

I'm not trying to start a flame war by congratulating you, incidentally. This game is good enough to be very much like a drug, and it harms some more than others. I sincerely wish you the best from this point on... may you enjoy life "post-CF" as much as I have.

I like to think we were pretty good friends a few years back. Through sheer stupidity and juvenile acts, I burned a lot of bridges while I was still playing this game, and lost out on a number of contacts I would, in retrospect, have like to have kept. You were one of those, and I never got a chance to apologize.

There are a lot of interesting people on the immstaff here at Carrion Fields, and I never gave myself the opportunity to know them. Shame on me.

SebeokSun 20-Oct-02 10:25 AM
940 posts
#9714, "RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..."
In response to Reply #5

Remember our conversation about being broken and hoping to recover?
While I think I'm far past any decent chance of it, I think you'll
be able to. Maybe this is the start of it. Thanks for everything,
it meant a whole lot more than you could imagine.

You said I'm going to buy this place and burn it down
I'm going to put it six feet underground
You said I'm going to buy this place and watch it fall
Stand here beside me baby in the crumbling walls
Oh I'm going to buy this place and start a fire
Stand here until I fill all your hearts desires
Because I'm going to buy this place and see it burn
And do back the things it did to you in return

Said I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war
If you can tell me something worth fighting for
Oh I'm gonna buy this place is what I said
Blame it upon a rush of blood to the head.

-Coldplay

IunnaTue 22-Oct-02 09:06 AM
473 posts
#9713, "Well. . ."
In response to Reply #5

I just wanted to say thanks for giving me a chance to prove myself. Good luck with all that life stuff.

OddjobThu 17-Oct-02 10:02 PM
345 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#9738, "I cant believe this"
In response to Reply #0

Well...fess up missy! Spill it! Whats this all about!

POSTER'S DISCLAIMER: "Of course....I don't play anymore, but its just my 2 cents."

ORBThu 17-Oct-02 09:51 PM
993 posts
#9739, "RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..."
In response to Reply #0

This is a shame. I still have my fond memory of you spitting on me Good luck in life, you'll be missed.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

Dwimmerling (Guest)Thu 17-Oct-02 09:40 PM

#9740, "RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..."
In response to Reply #0

I'll sum it up like this

dwimmerling: holy ****ing #####
dwimmerling: oh my god
dwimmerling: cyradia deleted
friend: what?
dwimmerling: you ****ing heard me
dwimmerling: check the site
dwimmerling: deathangel post
dwimmerling: almost 4k hours
dwimmerling: oh my ****ing christ
friend: *boggle*
friend: heh
friend: damn, never got a chance to try a scarabite

Thanks, for everything.
Take care.

wow

I was working myself up to where I was good enough to play a follower of you

A_druiDFri 18-Oct-02 07:26 AM
5 posts
#9741, "RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..."
In response to Reply #2

I second this, I was working my way into played a scarab conjie, guess ##### happeneds and I should quit messin around and get my plans going before another Imm deletes an my ideas are stuck in the cold.

Good luck on whatever you do,
-druiD-

rezplayerFri 18-Oct-02 08:18 AM
0 posts
#9742, "RE: (DEL) Cyradia the Demon Goddess, Destroyer of Illu..."
In response to Reply #19

bleh...me too...this sucks. Even beyond the idea that we can't be scarabs. Cyradia just made a BUNCH of stuff...I had the feeling watching from the outside that she was shaking things up like they needed, but moreso, making it OBVIOUS to us ignorants... So we knew things were happening, rather than just noticing a slight difference...but, bleh...I ramble...
Great job, you'll be missed, sorry to see you go, forget the Imm stuff, become a player again...

MinyarThu 17-Oct-02 09:19 PM
504 posts
#9743, "No Freaking Way"
In response to Reply #0

How come? I still remember the emails we had when I was trying to make it into scarab with a char. That didn't go well. Ah well, sorry to see that you are leaving.

Aaron

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #9707 Previous topic | Next topic