Subject: "Anmessht is gone" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #96534
Show all folders

Anmessht (Anonymous)Thu 16-Dec-10 06:11 PM
Charter member
#96534, "Anmessht is gone"

I'm sure some people will attribute this to losing my set to an ugly full loot, but that is far from the case. This was my first serious attempt at a mage, ever. I've always liked playing with shapeshifters so I thought I'd try one out. I had one previously who didn't make it into serious forms so I figured I'd try to stick one out. For me, it was frustrating because there wasn't much differentiating in my fights. The repetition got to me was all and there wasn't any real excitement or drive to play except for learning new magic-y things that I didn't know existed.

I mean, sure if you were dexy I was going to tendonslash you. Caster or bard, I'm going to bite and hope to hell I get your throat. Aside from that though it was zap;zap;zap, bite;bite;bite, shift croc to heal and rinse/repeat.

That said, what originally has always scared me away from mages was wands. And I learned them with this character. They really aren't that bad. Thank you to Csesok/Mharlndarn/Kharten for helping me out with that. It's hard for me to delete a croc/tiger(SUCH a nice form combination) but I'd rather devote time to something I find fun.

All of Scion was classy.

Zanneel you had your moments where I doubted you but then you'd just destroy people all of a sudden and I would have quit out in frustration after some of the deaths you ate. You make evil conjie look tough but I'm not sure I can stomach one.

Mharlndarn I really liked you. Your rp was perfect and part of the reason for this delete is I think you liked me to; and I didn't want to get chosen for Advisor if I wasn't into it. I hope your plan goes well, I didn't delete with the things I was supposed to gather so hopefully they find their way to you. Enjoy the staff!

Kharten You and I had a rough start. But know that I had nothing but respect for you, and I really was just trying to learn the ins and outs of mages. You were very helpful, and I'm glad I was able to help you get back on your feet after that hamsah incident. You're also 100% monster status. So keep doing your thing.

Disori You and I met briefly, but we clicked. Put the tiger with anyone else and it's very one sided. Keep doing your thing too.

Silona, that was pathetic. I think our score ended something like 7-2 me. And if you look at how little I ever looted any of my enemies compared to the total full loot you gave me it was laughable. I was almost tempted to stick around to repay the favor over a few times but in the end it's just not worth it.

Poerlouge, You were just..a well done chaotic bard. And god damn were you good at finding me. I like to think due to my form combination I was pretty tough and I honestly think that you account for over half of my deaths. You had this knack for just showing up when I was incapacitated in some form or another.

Rager was pretty classy but at the same time I felt like it was lacking. I think without leadership Rager really suffers so I hope a Rites is soon.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Sad to see you go., Disori (Anonymous), 24-Dec-10 02:34 PM, #18
Reply Liked you, Kirslamix, 22-Dec-10 05:13 AM, #17
Reply You know what I wasnt even going to reply to you but I ..., Silona (Anonymous), 19-Dec-10 11:38 AM, #15
Reply RE: You know what I wasnt even going to reply to you bu..., Anmessht (Anonymous), 19-Dec-10 07:04 PM, #16
Reply RE: Anmessht is gone, Kalcova (Anonymous), 18-Dec-10 07:19 PM, #14
Reply I liked ya!, Nnaeshuk, 17-Dec-10 01:52 PM, #9
Reply RE: I liked ya!, Anmessht (Anonymous), 17-Dec-10 02:16 PM, #10
Reply Your impale lags?, MRSK, 17-Dec-10 07:40 PM, #11
     Reply Silly, silly, Nnaeshuk, 17-Dec-10 07:46 PM, #12
Reply Well this is disheartening..., Csesok (Anonymous), 17-Dec-10 10:16 AM, #4
Reply RE: Well this is disheartening..., Anmessht (Anonymous), 17-Dec-10 12:56 PM, #8
Reply I really wanted to fight you more., Cawr (Anonymous), 17-Dec-10 07:01 AM, #3
Reply RE: I really wanted to fight you more., Anmessht (Anonymous), 17-Dec-10 12:50 PM, #5
Reply RE: Anmessht is gone, Lyristeon, 17-Dec-10 04:50 AM, #2
Reply RE: Anmessht is gone, Anmessht (Anonymous), 17-Dec-10 12:52 PM, #6
Reply RE: Anmessht is gone, Vourecourl (Anonymous), 17-Dec-10 04:28 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Anmessht is gone, Anmessht (Anonymous), 17-Dec-10 12:54 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Anmessht is gone, Vourecourl (Anonymous), 18-Dec-10 02:47 AM, #13

Disori (Anonymous)Fri 24-Dec-10 02:34 PM
Charter member
#96740, "Sad to see you go."
In response to Reply #0

You're right we did click when we first met. Really sad to see you go though. Hopefully we meet up again soon.

KirslamixWed 22-Dec-10 05:13 AM
Member since 20th Nov 2006
52 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96701, "Liked you"
In response to Reply #0

Interacted with you with a few chars, really enjoyed what I saw and heard from you.

Too bad you lost hear, and I hope to see you back real soon! I think Scion could still use a player like you though.

Best of luck.

Silona (Anonymous)Sun 19-Dec-10 11:38 AM
Charter member
#96608, "You know what I wasnt even going to reply to you but I ..."
In response to Reply #0

Your saying it was pathetic for me to loot you when I killed you, well I hate to be the one to break it to you. Everything I looted from you was #### that was mine no more than two real days before that. The fact that you looted it all over three deaths of me and I looted most of it back to one death of you, well chief that really dont make me feel to bad at all. You see me as pathetic, I see me as someone who just killed the guy who had been beating his ass and got most of his #### back ( I say most cause I still didnt get it all)
I think you walked away with my shield my bracelet my boa and a couple other things as well. So for all I care man go cry into a pillow and tell your mommy how mean I was to you I dont give a ####. I thought your shifter had awesome forms with awesome cabal powers. You kicked my ass about six to sevem times I kicked yours twice I think. I thought you where doing an awesome job and was sure to become advisor was my guess. But after reading your post here and you saying how little you ever took from me I had to respond. Well when your done crying about how I looted you role another and get your ass back in the game chief, looting is part of it

Anmessht (Anonymous)Sun 19-Dec-10 07:04 PM
Charter member
#96618, "RE: You know what I wasnt even going to reply to you bu..."
In response to Reply #15

Think and act as you will. The tone and clarity of your post speaks for your temper.

As I said before, I've eaten full loots before. It doesn't bother me that much. I do think it was a dirty move to pull given the following points:

A) After I killed you, you said that you would make sure to treat my corpse with the same respect. That doesn't matter much in the long run, but it is part of the reason I took that risk against you and Poer.

B) After every death you took, you bitched to me and others nonstop about the gear that was lost. After you looted me, I hardly bitched at all. It's just not that big of a deal. Do I think less of you because of it? Yes. Do I think you care a bit too much? Yes. Am I going to lose sleep over it? Not at all. On to the next one.

Anyway, case closed.

Kalcova (Anonymous)Sat 18-Dec-10 07:19 PM
Charter member
#96600, "RE: Anmessht is gone"
In response to Reply #0

Gotta admit that when I looked at the forums today and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw you delete but at the same time disappointed, very nice combo croc/tiger. Especially in Scion, also disappointed because I wanted to fight that combo when I finally hero'd but looks like I'll have to wait for another baddie shifter to come along. Hope to see you soon and that you roll something fun.

NnaeshukFri 17-Dec-10 01:52 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96569, "I liked ya!"
In response to Reply #0

Of course, I can't tell you how often I wanted to just go down and impale you. If I had though, you'd probably have been out of form and the impale lag might have killed you. Le sigh. Oh well, I, as the player, enjoyed the eeeevil tells you sent me. Nnaeshuk just wouldn't have it. Next time, expect impaling! Believe it or not, I was a fan of yours.

Nae-nae

Anmessht (Anonymous)Fri 17-Dec-10 02:16 PM
Charter member
#96571, "RE: I liked ya!"
In response to Reply #9

At times I'd be sending you those tells pre-raid or somesuch, and I'd be thinking 'Man I hope now isn't the straw that breaks a camel's back.' Glad you enjoyed them though, I certainly had fun trying to subvert the purity and holiness that was Nae-nae.

MRSKFri 17-Dec-10 07:40 PM
Member since 06th May 2008
204 posts
#96588, "Your impale lags?"
In response to Reply #9

Damn I promise to roll fort warrior if you teach me lagging impale

NnaeshukFri 17-Dec-10 07:46 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
#96589, "Silly, silly"
In response to Reply #11

It lags the impaler, not the impalee. I was suggesting that an unshifted shifter might not last two rounds in that situation.

Nae-nae!

Csesok (Anonymous)Fri 17-Dec-10 10:16 AM
Charter member
#96562, "Well this is disheartening..."
In response to Reply #0

Was fun traveling around together and refreshing to have a compitent
companion at times..Still boggles me where your sienna was or if you
ever found it..Would of like to hit the Hero ranks with you, but as
the case, I think you understood why I stayed behind...

Csesok

Anmessht (Anonymous)Fri 17-Dec-10 12:56 PM
Charter member
#96567, "RE: Well this is disheartening..."
In response to Reply #4

I enjoyed you as well, I was constantly looking for someone offensive to rank up with who knew their #### and you were that guy. I hope you like the few little things I gave to you. I had planned to gather a shield of black pitch soon and hand it off to you but I never got around to it. And yeah, I never found my sienna. But in my explorations(And I did a lot) I found a whole bunch of generic shield that was ALWAYS in, so that makes me happy.

Cawr (Anonymous)Fri 17-Dec-10 07:01 AM
Charter member
#96551, "I really wanted to fight you more."
In response to Reply #0

The best fight though was in Morton the other day. Nice trick you tried to pull there, I was however trying to do "the same" but backwards after you started your thing. I'm really curious to how your mana was after you fled. You must've had some nice saves at taht point because nothing would stick on you.

Anmessht (Anonymous)Fri 17-Dec-10 12:50 PM
Charter member
#96564, "RE: I really wanted to fight you more."
In response to Reply #3

Yeah, I was really in depth checking for magic-y things around the mobs there and hadn't typed where in god knows how long, so you got the complete drop on me so I just mcgyvered something that you didn't fall for.

As for my saves, unless I was fighting rager I typically used Primal Tenacity, which is a defensive greater enliven that gives you a whole bunch of saves to everything. So that + croc's saves + my gear = equalled VERY nice saves.

LyristeonFri 17-Dec-10 04:50 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#96549, "RE: Anmessht is gone"
In response to Reply #0

Damn. I thought you were doing an awesome job. You were a steady presence and a scion tiger can be nasty. Having the crocodile to heal with is nice, unless you are dealing with a bard.

Without going into too much detail, I think full loots of Scion players may have a tone of "guilty by association". Don't get me wrong. I happen to be one of the imms who thinks that if you die, you have lost your set if someone else wants it. When I play, I tend to take the things that I need/want as well, and leave the rest. But, if there is someone who has a history of being a full loot/sac guy, some players are going to take it out on them or their cabal mates.

GLWYN

Anmessht (Anonymous)Fri 17-Dec-10 12:52 PM
Charter member
#96565, "RE: Anmessht is gone"
In response to Reply #2

Thank you, yes I felt like I was doing well but it just wasn't that fun or interesting to me. I did have a hard time deleting those forms.

And I agree with the association bit. All in all it's not a big deal though, so on to other things I figure.

Vourecourl (Anonymous)Fri 17-Dec-10 04:28 AM
Charter member
#96547, "RE: Anmessht is gone"
In response to Reply #0

Was hoping to develop more RP with you, you were a good fight the odd times we skirmished. GLWYN.

Anmessht (Anonymous)Fri 17-Dec-10 12:54 PM
Charter member
#96566, "RE: Anmessht is gone"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks. I liked our little rp as well, it was very fun. And a good change from some of the trash talking that resonated in the Fortress.

I really enjoyed that raid. You all came when I had a very nice set of gear + multiples of every wand(and I had to gather generic barrier/shield for most of this characters life so that was rare to have)

Luckily the archmage is nasty and my forms were tough so I could hold off for a little bit. I was curious how close you were at any point during that raid. You had JUST hit convulsing when you got out the first time.

Vourecourl (Anonymous)Sat 18-Dec-10 02:47 AM
Charter member
#96596, "RE: Anmessht is gone"
In response to Reply #7

Don't think I was ever in much danger, probably gushing or so. Scion is always a hard raid, and why the most fun usually when defended. Although the thieving nightwalkers really does ruin it for me and all my chars since I don't play shifters.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #96534 Previous topic | Next topic