Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Massok Gaelen the High Wizard of th..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93445
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 29-Jun-10 02:00 AM
Member since 05th May 2024
16829 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93445, "(AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Massok Gaelen the High Wizard of the Arcane, Meter of Mind"

Tue Jun 29 01:57:40 2010

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Massok perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:440

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thumbs Up!, Nnaeshuk, 02-Jul-10 12:22 PM, #4
Reply which is great if your goal is not to restore the balan..., laxman, 02-Jul-10 03:34 PM, #5
     Reply RE: which is great if your goal is not to restore the b..., Isildur, 02-Jul-10 05:05 PM, #6
Reply Good leader..., Twist, 29-Jun-10 02:12 PM, #2
Reply Liked Massok, lasentia, 29-Jun-10 08:02 AM, #1
     Reply Perhaps an item caused premature age death?, Kirslamix, 29-Jun-10 06:13 PM, #3

NnaeshukFri 02-Jul-10 12:22 PM
Member since 13th Apr 2010
141 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93495, "Thumbs Up!"
In response to Reply #0

Massok was probably the one and only member of Nexus that I had any respect for. From everything I saw, you did a wonderful job. Thanks for having a bit of respect for folks when the balance would tip and at least give them a heads up.

laxmanFri 02-Jul-10 03:34 PM
Member since 18th Aug 2003
1867 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#93497, "which is great if your goal is not to restore the balan..."
In response to Reply #4

I think massok was a great char. you were good in the sense that you didn't try to micromanage the cabal and were a reliable person to have at your side among a cabal of players who are tradiationally as unreliable as the fortress.

As for the whole warning thing... I get the sportsmanship and I have done this before. If your goal is to correct the balance by killing people (the only thing that actually has a measureable effect on it) then giving them a heads up is somewhat counterproductive.

That said I don't think lieing about the balance or just jumping your groupmate when it swings is good long term either but the whole announce to your range when you are hunting them thing... bleh

IsildurFri 02-Jul-10 05:05 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#93498, "RE: which is great if your goal is not to restore the b..."
In response to Reply #5

Here's the deal. As a non-nexus guy I didn't want to attack (or avoid) Nexus unless I had to. If I knew a Nexus guy would tell me the balance had changed, then I could treat him as a "friendly" until such time as he informed me he wasn't. If I didn't think he was the type to inform me, then I had to treat him as a constant enemy, because at any given time he could be trying to kill me.

If I had been evil, then, and a nexus character refused to give me a heads up when the balance changed, then I'm going to treat that guy as a permanent enemy and (unlike a goodie) I'm going to hunt him down and kill him whenever I had the opportunity. Were I to do this, he'd probably be like, "But I'm your friend right now! Light tips!"

Thing is, that amounts to him only telling me what the balance is when it benefits him. Basically "I'm going to keep you in the dark about the balance when it allows me to gain the element of surprise, but if you start coming after me when light tips, I'm going to tell you light tips in order to get you off my back."

To me, as the non-nexus guy, that's not acceptable. If you're not willing to give me a heads up then you're on the perma-enemy list. If I'm good-aligned then maybe I just avoid you at all times and assume you're out to kill me. If I'm evil then maybe I hunt you down and kill you, regardless of where the balance sits, every time I see you.

TwistTue 29-Jun-10 02:12 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#93452, "Good leader..."
In response to Reply #0

...and good job making that thing that I told you to make happen, happen. Sorta. Sometimes.

lasentiaTue 29-Jun-10 08:02 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#93447, "Liked Massok"
In response to Reply #0

Every interaction I had with Massok was a fun one for me, and you pulled off a pretty good older guy RP later on which was nice to see, that you RP'd the age as you got older.

And only 440 hours for a leader most of your life? That seems a little low actually for age death, even as a human, I thought leaders got more hours, or is it just they lose con slower but the rest does not change? Or was it something else? Either way though, think you did a great job with the char.

Hope to see you out there running around with another soon.

KirslamixTue 29-Jun-10 06:13 PM
Member since 20th Nov 2006
52 posts
#93460, "Perhaps an item caused premature age death?"
In response to Reply #1

Thats what i'm guessing anyway

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #93445 Previous topic | Next topic