Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [None] Corvalah Drave'cor the Spectre" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #92039
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 28-Apr-10 12:44 PM
Member since 06th May 2024
16831 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92039, "(AGE DEATH) [None] Corvalah Drave'cor the Spectre"

Wed Apr 28 12:40:47 2010

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Corvalah perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:122

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply So ends my Herald Mummy, Corvalah, 01-May-10 06:10 AM, #13
Reply RE: So ends my Herald Mummy, lasentia, 01-May-10 08:37 AM, #14
     Reply No!!!, Dervish, 01-May-10 11:37 AM, #15
Reply You were great, lasentia, 28-Apr-10 02:44 PM, #2
Reply Ah, pity you failed :( n/t, Dervish, 28-Apr-10 12:45 PM, #1
     Reply I know from experience, Jafel, 29-Apr-10 04:23 PM, #3
          Reply RE: I know from experience, Daevryn, 29-Apr-10 04:39 PM, #4
               Reply So people can't just rank up and have the same chance t..., Lhydia, 29-Apr-10 04:50 PM, #5
               Reply RE: So people can't just rank up and have the same chan..., Daevryn, 29-Apr-10 05:02 PM, #6
                    Reply RE: So people can't just rank up and have the same chan..., sorlag (Anonymous), 29-Apr-10 06:29 PM, #8
                         Reply RE: So people can't just rank up and have the same chan..., Daevryn, 29-Apr-10 07:23 PM, #9
                              Reply RE: So people can't just rank up and have the same chan..., wareagle, 29-Apr-10 11:41 PM, #10
                              Reply RE: So people can't just rank up and have the same chan..., Hutto, 30-Apr-10 11:44 AM, #12
                              Reply Counterpoint, Valkenar, 30-Apr-10 06:57 AM, #11
               Reply I am with you on this., Jafel, 29-Apr-10 05:50 PM, #7

CorvalahSat 01-May-10 06:10 AM
Member since 30th Apr 2010
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92092, "So ends my Herald Mummy"
In response to Reply #0

I had this role for like 4 or 5 years and kept working on it over never got around to using it. Finally decide i'm gonna try a herald mummy probably the funnest character i've had in 10 years for some strange reason. I've played quite a few evil heralds over the years and for some strange reason they are wierdly fun. (Disclaimer: Not advocating it it's a very difficult road). My parents were elves so i didn't kill elves and my barrier ended up being on an elf go figure. I wonder if some imm set it like that on purpose? Just found it very coincidental LOL. He was a Historian wanting to rule the world through the Inn by living forever and figuring out what everyone did wrong. Hell he even had goodies willing to listen to stories and histories. I had a suprising number of people trying to see me mummy I had all i needed in 10 hours. Lich was a lot more difficult must say. Part of me wants to just play another herald necro because i had so fun but i think one is enough for now.

Lasentia you were my favorite great char.

Etristisat thanks tons for all the help.

Lamayinn you know what you did sorry no soul

Uial you were cool to the one time i got to see you there needs to be more heralds!

Braell you were the herald i saw the most of very helpful all around interesting role.

Enlilth i had big plans for this character if i had survived. I went in earlier than i wanted to because of not being able to get something again alone thanks for being cool gonna follow you in the future for sure.

lasentiaSat 01-May-10 08:37 AM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92099, "RE: So ends my Herald Mummy"
In response to Reply #13

Looking forward to what you conjure up next, if this one was any indication it should be a good char for the game. The Inn can always use another herald, but go with what will be the most fun for you, those are the chars that make it fun for everyone else. It is pretty obvious to see when someone is enjoying their char or not, and those that are are great to interact with.

DervishSat 01-May-10 11:37 AM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#92103, "No!!!"
In response to Reply #14

PK caballed chars FTW!

lasentiaWed 28-Apr-10 02:44 PM
Member since 27th Apr 2010
987 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92044, "You were great"
In response to Reply #0

Maybe 122 hours is a little too soon to get mummified, I don't know, but I really enjoyed this character a lot and had a bad feeling when I did not see you for a while that it didn't take (I don't know if there is a forced waiting period). And the whole herald angle you were going for had some really great potential I thought.

I would say try again with the necro since you know how to play them clearly, but nah, do something where you make that kind of rp investment you don't bet it all on a roll.

Hope to see you out there with something just as good.

DervishWed 28-Apr-10 12:45 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#92040, "Ah, pity you failed :( n/t"
In response to Reply #0

nt

JafelThu 29-Apr-10 04:23 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
40 posts
#92056, "I know from experience"
In response to Reply #1

If you try to mummy with less than 200 hours you are going to have a pretty damn good chance to fail. I did something similiar a number of years ago where I tried to mummy in like 94 hours. Epic fail. Heard later that the chances were piss poor without imm intervention and at 90something hours that just wasn't gonna happen. Not saying it's not possible just highly unlikely.

DaevrynThu 29-Apr-10 04:39 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#92057, "RE: I know from experience"
In response to Reply #3

You can get an excellent change without immtervention; that being said, a character who mostly powers to the mummy quest isn't going to have one.

Someone like a Palmer who didn't rush to it and had accomplished a lot by the time he did the quest had a good chance to succeed without immtervention.

Also, I don't think anyone actually remembers how to adjust mummy success chances anymore.

LhydiaThu 29-Apr-10 04:50 PM
2382 posts
#92058, "So people can't just rank up and have the same chance t..."
In response to Reply #4

gr

DaevrynThu 29-Apr-10 05:01 PM
11117 posts
#92059, "RE: So people can't just rank up and have the same chan..."
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Thu 29-Apr-10 05:02 PM

It might to you, but as I've said a hundred times, the game is not meant to begin at hero.

Edited to clarify: It's not simply about the number of hours, or number of PKs, or anything like that.

sorlag (inactive user)Thu 29-Apr-10 06:29 PM
Charter member
#92062, "RE: So people can't just rank up and have the same chan..."
In response to Reply #6

Because I think nit-picking is the best, are you also saying that a necro who powers to 51 and THEN spends a significant amount of time PKing, exploring, observing, etc., etc. has just as good of odds as someone who "played it slow" sub hero, or is that actually a factor that some people simply throw away and cannot make up for?

DaevrynThu 29-Apr-10 07:23 PM
11117 posts
#92063, "RE: So people can't just rank up and have the same chan..."
In response to Reply #8

>Because I think nit-picking is the best, are you also saying
>that a necro who powers to 51 and THEN spends a significant
>amount of time PKing, exploring, observing, etc., etc. has
>just as good of odds as someone who "played it slow" sub hero,
>or is that actually a factor that some people simply throw
>away and cannot make up for?

Technically, you can only power to 47.

But sure, if you want to do that and then make your mark, I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work just as well. Without enumerating every relevant factor (if I could even remember every relevant factor), they're the kinds of ducks that a veteran character will tend to have in line and a 20 hour hero (not that Corvalah was that) won't.

Thematically, risking permanent death for the sake of immortality (and being enough of an expert in necromancy to succeed) is more an old man's wager than a young man's.

wareagleThu 29-Apr-10 11:41 PM
Member since 19th Aug 2007
201 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#92068, "RE: So people can't just rank up and have the same chan..."
In response to Reply #9

Ugh, how much I want to have hints on relevant factors. I gave a wrong item with my necro so that's a wash. But I sure love that class and would love to give it a go with a little more insight about mummification.

Come on, vague hints will suffice!

HuttoFri 30-Apr-10 11:44 AM
234 posts
#92073, "RE: So people can't just rank up and have the same chan..."
In response to Reply #10

Here's one vague hint I caught, in case you missed it:

"(and being enough of an expert in necromancy to succeed)"

ValkenarFri 30-Apr-10 06:55 AM
1203 posts
#92071, "Counterpoint"
In response to Reply #9
Edited on Fri 30-Apr-10 06:57 AM

>Thematically, risking permanent death for the sake of
>immortality (and being enough of an expert in necromancy to
>succeed) is more an old man's wager than a young man's.

That's true, but risking losing 2/3 con per death looks a lot better if you still have a bunch of con. Why bother mummying if you're down to say, 6 con? You'd be dead in a week and have wasted your time? Unless you want mummy as a rich-get-richer scheme, you have to look at it from the perspective of a 50% PK ratio, since that's (obviously) the average. And if you have a 50% PK ratio and do a lot of PKing, you're going to be low on con at the same time you're exposing yourself to needing a 66% PK ratio just to stay on par.

Either that or you're talking about being super conservative so that your 50% PK ratio reflects a 5-5 record or something. So I suppose the alternative is that mummying is a very conservative old man's wager.

JafelThu 29-Apr-10 05:50 PM
40 posts
#92060, "I am with you on this."
In response to Reply #4

I am saying that with super low hours the chances aren't very good without immtervention. Which is pretty much what you said. I also understand that even without immtervention the chances can be improved substantially. I was just saying I feel his pain on the low hours cause I tried it just to see what a mummy was about and like him failed.

The way I approach it is.. if I know I am putting the hours in I am always going to try for lich. Personally I'd never waste 300+ hours for a mummy, but that's just me. Maybe that's a flaw in how the becoming is done and maybe it's just me being me. I would expect the mummy process to be easier and it's doubtful I would put that much into a char just to become a mummy when I could lich instead.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #92039 Previous topic | Next topic