Subject: "(CON) Yror the Weaponsmaster" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #9197
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 21-Sep-02 12:16 AM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9197, "(CON) Yror the Weaponsmaster"

Sat Sep 21 02:15:02 2002

12 o''clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Grand Struggle on the Theran calendar Yror perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:289
PK Ratio:44% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON) Yror the Weaponsmaster, Krals (Guest), 24-Sep-02 01:06 PM, #30
Reply I'm kinda sad, Jareiah (Guest), 23-Sep-02 10:02 PM, #27
Reply Doh! Take care too. nt, Yror (Guest), 25-Sep-02 05:37 PM, #39
Reply It was fun, Yror (Guest), 21-Sep-02 02:06 AM, #1
     Reply RE: It was fun, Sloryas, 21-Sep-02 02:43 AM, #2
     Reply RE: It was fun, Yror (Guest), 22-Sep-02 07:26 PM, #18
     Reply RE: It was fun, Uncle Vinny, 21-Sep-02 04:46 AM, #3
     Reply RE: It was fun, Yror (Guest), 23-Sep-02 08:33 PM, #19
     Reply RE: It was fun, Marivor (Guest), 21-Sep-02 05:55 AM, #4
     Reply RE: It was fun, Yror (Guest), 23-Sep-02 08:36 PM, #20
     Reply RE: It was fun, Lardovian (Guest), 21-Sep-02 06:40 AM, #5
     Reply RE: It was fun, Yror (Guest), 23-Sep-02 08:43 PM, #21
     Reply Awww, Blimbali (Guest), 21-Sep-02 09:36 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Awww, Yror (Guest), 23-Sep-02 08:51 PM, #22
     Reply Thanks for being a pal - I'll get in someday. nt, Koaeb (Guest), 21-Sep-02 09:41 AM, #7
     Reply Hee hee hee, Yror (Guest), 23-Sep-02 08:54 PM, #23
     Reply RE: It was fun, Rorimac (Guest), 21-Sep-02 11:28 AM, #8
     Reply RE: It was fun, Yror (Guest), 23-Sep-02 09:01 PM, #24
          Reply RE: more on my role..., Rori (Guest), 24-Sep-02 10:00 AM, #29
               Reply Re: Alignment, Yror (Guest), 25-Sep-02 05:25 PM, #37
     Reply ..., Valarath (Guest), 21-Sep-02 12:53 PM, #9
     Reply RE: ..., Yror (Guest), 23-Sep-02 09:15 PM, #25
     Reply Liked Lannie, loved Yror., Karhon (Guest), 21-Sep-02 12:57 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Liked Lannie, loved Yror., Yror (Guest), 23-Sep-02 09:29 PM, #26
          Reply Nope, I had no idea that Lannie was Yror., Karhon (Guest), 25-Sep-02 01:48 AM, #33
               Reply Re: Lannie vs. Yror rp-wise, Yror (Guest), 25-Sep-02 05:34 PM, #38
     Reply Hehehe... someone called me a ballsy bastard! :P, KoeKhaos, 21-Sep-02 01:31 PM, #11
     Reply I'll post that log after Nourn is gone. Was a good fig..., Yror (Guest), 25-Sep-02 04:31 PM, #34
     Reply RE: It was fun, Falax (Guest), 21-Sep-02 09:22 PM, #12
     Reply RE: It was fun, silfror (Guest), 21-Sep-02 11:30 PM, #13
     Reply You were by far my favorite interviewee. nt, Yror (Guest), 25-Sep-02 04:32 PM, #35
     Reply RE: It was fun, Bryvac, 22-Sep-02 12:28 AM, #14
     Reply Gah, Gorach, 22-Sep-02 05:05 AM, #15
     Reply And I thought I was your favorite bard?, Arnora (Guest), 22-Sep-02 06:37 AM, #16
     Reply Wow..., Barendd (Guest), 22-Sep-02 11:41 AM, #17
     Reply A great story, Simyar, 23-Sep-02 10:08 PM, #28
     Reply Glad you liked it., Yror (Guest), 25-Sep-02 05:22 PM, #36
     Reply what happened, Gralith (Guest), 24-Sep-02 06:41 PM, #31
     Reply RE: It was fun, Rustanviel (Guest), 24-Sep-02 09:09 PM, #32

Krals (Guest)Tue 24-Sep-02 01:06 PM

#9198, "RE: (CON) Yror the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #0

Yror!
I had a lot of fun running around with you in game.
It was hard sneaking all those potions around you
you wake up at odd times *grin*

Oh well I'm sure we'll run into each other again
I really only have one style of play and that’s Krals
like so I'm sure you'll see my reincarnations from time to time.

- Krals -

Jareiah (Guest)Mon 23-Sep-02 10:02 PM

#9199, "I'm kinda sad"
In response to Reply #0

That you forgot about me!

I know I'm not around much anymore, but I thought we had some decent fights. Take care Yror!

Jareiah

Yror (Guest)Wed 25-Sep-02 05:37 PM

#9200, "Doh! Take care too. nt"
In response to Reply #27

Yror (Guest)Sat 21-Sep-02 02:06 AM

#9201, "It was fun"
In response to Reply #0

Overall I enjoyed it. Was a mace/spear spec, with Chilling Embrace and Trapping Beneath Thunder. Was able to pull OBLIT critical hits as a scout in Ragers on gnomes, svirf, drow, and elves. Was nice. I planned the race and specs and stuff basically to be a pure mage fighter. Then when I had to decide the second legacy, I decided to screw any defensive stuff. Who wantes to live forever? Yror was really good at fighting magic user classes. I felt guilty fighting unshifted shapeshifters, and stuff like that. Yror sucked for fighting warriors. Any warrior worth his salt could take our Yror on a one on one fight easily. The only regret I have is the spear spec. I had hopes for it being more defensive than it was. I definitely wish I had picked polearm, axe, or whip instead. Bryvac with two swords tanked a lot better than Yror. Yror tanked almost as good with a weapon and shield as with the spear. I wasn't that impressed. Maybe needed to get Yror some haste or something.

I started getting tired of Yror a long, long time ago. The friends in the village were the main reason I stuck it out, and I had some crazy idea that Yror might get promoted one day. I thought I played the scout role decently. Good alignment in Ragers is definitely a challenge. Yror was probably a little too reckless, but then again, it was a killjoy to be told over cb "Your hesistation will be your downfall" during the middle of a raid. That was a lousy thing for an Imm to say, in my opinion. What are our options after that has been stated? We accept defeat because our Imm leader has declared it so? We ignore our Imm leader and go forward?

On to the good byes.

BATTLE

Bryvac: I'm glad you were there at the end. You're an awesome rager with a ton of heart. Wish I had the chance to face you in the Rites. I'm pretty sure you would have won anyway, but wanted to see how I did. I think you're doing a great job leading too. Be stricter on those applicants!

Valarath: I don't think you ever did pay me that gold piece. What can I say? You show incredible dedication and nothing seems to faze your determination. I know you're having a blast, and don't be too hard on yourself. Pay attention and learn. You're doing great. It is amazing to have grouped with you at such a low level then you were there the whole time. At one point I was wondering if the Imms were going to book us for perma-grouping, hehehe. Get some sleep! P.S. I've had a giant rager with polearm and I loved it. Wish I had gotten a chance to show you where a few nice ones were. I don't see why you don't wield a polearm when you're just wandering around. Charge set is so sweet.

Nourn: You crazy dwarf. Nourn seemed a little slow to catch what was going on in big fights some times, but I have to admit I loved the character. Whips will definitely keep people away. I know you were complaining about them when you first learned, but it is nice to see them working for you now. It was also fun when me and Bryvac poured water all over you. Congrats on being General.

Rustanviel: Oh wow did you make everything better. Me, you and throw in a berserker and it was scary. I get the feeling you were a fairly recent Rager as well. Your expertise is especially valuable in the village, and you do what you do very well.

Gruktik: Yror tried to stay away from evils in the village for the most part, but it was obvious you were damn tough. I am also extremely glad to see you finally beginning to level. You are a strong warrior and good Rager.

Tobeldest: I have to admit I was a little jealous when you got made Drillmaster, when I hadn't seen much of you at all previously. Then you started showing up more often and I felt better. I did feel honored when Nwayreth (sp?) was comparing me to you. You were practically a legend even before I was inducted. Keep up the good work.

Gyasi: Man, you were my bud for a long time. I loved having a thief on and you seemed pretty competent. I kept getting a feeling you'd be much stronger with a non-thief in your hands. Sorry I got you killed that time north of TV.

Esile: I remember before I was inducted we had a few brief interactions. Right alongside Gruktik, you were another strong but evil warrior that I tried not to have to much to do with, but couldn't help but admire.

Birota: I have to admit I didn't think you'd make it to Hero when I interviewed you. But then again, I haven't seen you in a long time. So was I right to question your dedication in the beginning?

Huraz: Yeah, I'm pretty much an old, old school rager who had gotten pretty rusty. Thanks for helping me get back into the swing of things and giving me that chance, even though I was a level 40 warrior wanting to be a scout.

Martinian: From a player standpoint I wanted you to be in because you were competent and might help me accomplish that honesty thing, but from a character standpoint, Yror didn't care for you. I admit that the village should be pretty far from any democracy type ruling, but when everyone else is wondering if your character's attitude is going to be with you when you return, you have to agree that your character had become bad for morale. Yror didn't like it from a personal and storm giant point of view. Thought you misrepresented the race, and this in turn reflected poorly on Yror. Yror actually had it out with Valarath once too over Valarath's deceptions, but I have to admit Yror forgave him a lot quicker than Yror would forgive Martinian. No hard feelings.

To the new ones: Aerayana and company: Good luck.

To the old ones: Koogar, Ukzar, etc, Sorry, it's been a while.

NEXUS

Cobelidor: You were a fun enemy. Where'd you go?

Arathian: Wish I had a chance to fight you when you didn't have 5+ levels on me. You probably would have still won.

Ased: What happened to you? Yet another Nexus warrior that disappeared.

Valkore: I really have a hard time understanding you, and english is my first language. I feel sorry for any foreigners that have to try to understand a word you're saying. I hope being understood isn't a vital part of your role.

Ghaelkik or whatever: You were cool.

Rhelvin: You were cool.

Sphinf: I wrote my thoughts on your good bye. It was deleted by the Imms. I think I was too bitter. You pushed my buttons like no other. The fight in Galadon was not a gang bang. I'll leave it at that.

Fristapoln or something: I remember talking to you as Krogum. Don't worry, your secrets are safe with me.

Kalaegatha or something: Uh, this wasn't my first Rager?

The rest: Uh, I get this funny feeling that some of you know each other OOC. Crazy, huh?

WARLOCK

Crimthann: To me, you were exactly what a Warlock should be. Excellent job. You were one of the few that brought up the inner conflicts in Yror.

Finduthilas: Sadly, I don't think you deserve that title. That raid was doomed from the start: "Everybody focus on Gralith" was the plan as we were fighting the angel. Not even bothering to see what shields or anything. Bah. Got me twice with Immolate? I think it is a wonderfully powerful spell, but I do think underwater should do more to fight it. Sorry about being angry that day. Yror was becoming less fun to play.

Shila: I felt sorry for you.

Lardovian: Rarely saw you.

Gralith: You were one of my favorite nemesis for a while. What happened?

Unalim: hehehe, you ballsy bastard.

Renzor: I was pretty astonished how quickly you went down that time in the Golden Tower.

Sloryas: Good job. Where'd you go?

SCION

Urden: After I hit hero, can't say I really feared you alone. You and Falax? That's a different story... Falax could probably kill me solo.

SYLVAN

Alysrith: I still chuckle when I remember that time I was in my mid 40s and in the past running down the overgrown road, almost dead, trying to get away from Rheaven when I see you and yell "Scion coming!" to have you jump out and start fighting him.

Simyar: Hope you enjoy the story. I had the idea for a while, but didn't sit down to actually write anything until just then.

Stelsenia or something: Thanks for the compliment about the truck, but I think thats an OOC comment

Kaplan: You crazy fool! You made it onto my role, then I stopped seeing you.

UNCABALED

Gorach: Gorach! That first time we grouped, we were what, level 5? That was crazy. Of course you were a Hero like 2 weeks later. I still enjoyed traveling with you. Was hoping to start trying to convince you to join Ragers after the Ice Drake thing fell through.

Phoden: Ha! Got ya!

Marwis or something: You and your water form were the only mage I didn't feel confident fighting solo. Those goring tusks are nasty.

Krals: Loved this guy. We were two peas in a pod

Kalavania: Wish you had leveled up. Yror was a sucker for a pretty face.

Chakmal: You got me so many levels. Thanks. I enjoyed those days about as much as any other, even though I probably ended up dying to mobs as much to pks. I enjoyed it.

IMMS

Valg: ???

Some of my more recent characters:
(ENTROPY) Krogum
(MARAN) Lannie

Yeah, this was my competitive character after playing those two RP-centered characters. Thats not to say that I didn't roleplay with Yror. I had a fairly good role and I thought I played it well, but the character was designed for pking moreso that RP, like Krogum and Lannie. I had about 8 more deaths left there at the end, but I had had enough.

Anyway, I need a break from CF. I tried to quit after Krogum and ended up coming back. So rather than saying this is for good, I'll just say I'm going away for a while and I might be back and I might not. Sadly, I already know three more characters I want to play.

If I miss anybody, I'll try to get back to you.

SloryasSat 21-Sep-02 02:43 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9235, "RE: It was fun"
In response to Reply #1

Its fun fighting you, you're probably one of the many ragers that actually talk to me. I'm still around, just that the log in time is different with you thats all. =D Anyhow, kudos to you, you're one of the ragers that I actually make note to myself to becareful of. Sorry about the couple of times with you end up being full looted by vultures. Anyhow, see you around in the field.

Yror (Guest)Sun 22-Sep-02 07:26 PM

#9236, "RE: It was fun"
In response to Reply #2

Yeah, it seems like there are quite a few people that I used to see with some regularity that I stopped seeing. Being that there are certain times of the day I simply don't ever mud, I think there are quite a few people I just never come across.

The equipment thing wasn't so bad. I kind of enjoy trying to tackle big mobs from time to time. Being full looted three or four times a session gets old real quick. I didn't really have that problem with Yror. Of course, with the legacies I had, Yror could be pretty dangerous half equipped with a heavy weapon.

Uncle VinnySat 21-Sep-02 04:46 AM
0 posts
#9233, "RE: It was fun"
In response to Reply #1

Yeah sorry about the first time rager comment, It waas meant for Uzkar

And nahI don't know many from the nexus OOC (frankly I dont want to either)

Actually I loved Krogum and his rp

and I was PYNONA the crazy healer that interacted with Lannie
I liked you char yet not your name

anyways
Have fun in whatevers next, perhaps you'd let me in to what you are looking forward too
and oh please don't say another rager

Like Ol'Maus says : If you don't feel like pkin' ROLEPLAY !

Yror (Guest)Mon 23-Sep-02 08:33 PM

#9234, "RE: It was fun"
In response to Reply #3

Yeah, you weren't one of those I had in mind with regards to the OOC Nexus ring.

Glad you liked these three characters. I enjoyed Krogum the most, by far. I remember Pynona. Lannie tried to get her drunk to made amends for attacking her in the Emerald.

I actually love hanging out with people who like to RP (*tip Zandrumial, Mayesha*), but I'm not much for letting people know who I'm playing. Try to throw in different accents, grammar, etc. I do feel kind of bad about Yror because I had a level 29 uncaballed named Yrom about 6 months ago. I just loved the name "Yrom" yet didn't have the heart to use the same name. Anyway, I'm trying to quit CF for good. It should be a lot easier after a pretty much imm-ignored char like Yror than one as much fun as Krogum. It does suck because I have a char concept in mind that is about as original as Krogum, but in a more serious manner. Arrgh. Wish me luck in staying away.

Marivor (Guest)Sat 21-Sep-02 05:55 AM

#9231, "RE: It was fun"
In response to Reply #1

Heh, Marivor...not Marwis anyways I enjoyed our fights as well seeing as you were the only rager who had the balls to fight me on water thanks alot for the fun ass fight...

Keep on truckin man.

P.S. I could have killed you all the times we fought but I let you flee Impale/Boneshatter is nasty.

Yror (Guest)Mon 23-Sep-02 08:36 PM

#9232, "RE: It was fun"
In response to Reply #4

Yeah, your water form was much tougher for Yror's fighting style than Phoden's squid. I kept forgetting to wear a shield when fighting you, but I don't think it would have mattered much. Those goring tusks are just impossible to get around. Great fight.

Lardovian (Guest)Sat 21-Sep-02 06:40 AM

#9229, "RE: It was fun"
In response to Reply #1

Well, the fact that we didn't see eachother very much could be the simple fact of differing playingtimes.

As for fighting you... macespecs are a pain as the only thing they tend to do is hitting you in the head hoping to outdamage you, which they usually manage to pull off if decently dressed.

Ah well, I hope you'll be back sooner than later

Lardovian

Yror (Guest)Mon 23-Sep-02 08:43 PM

#9230, "RE: It was fun"
In response to Reply #5

>Well, the fact that we didn't see eachother very much could
>be the simple fact of differing playingtimes.

True enough. There are certain times of the day I don't mud.

>
>As for fighting you... macespecs are a pain as the only
>thing they tend to do is hitting you in the head hoping to
>outdamage you, which they usually manage to pull off if
>decently dressed.

If you're talking about that last fight in the Golden Tower, I was trying to hold you still long enough for Nourn to get there, and to keep you from getting to the archmage. And my spam nearly got me killed right away. Usually when fighting any shapeshifter form as a mace spec I'd throw a boneshatter out in the beginning. Especially against an offensive. Except during raids and I think we've got enough firepower on our side.

I'll post that log sometime later, maybe after you and Nourn are gone.

>
>Ah well, I hope you'll be back sooner than later

You're supposed to be wishing me luck as I try for the third time to throw off this addiction!

Blimbali (Guest)Sat 21-Sep-02 09:36 AM

#9227, "Awww"
In response to Reply #1

I have alot of friends in the village but I liked you the most. Any time information that I felt would benefit you and the village came my way, I would always bounce it off you. You helped me get the sapling a time or two from Scions, I helped you get the head once which as I remember was a TON of fun. Untill the healer with the shawtabies broke me into tinybits.

Blimbali miss Thror, Thror dead, Blimbali sad.

Yror (Guest)Mon 23-Sep-02 08:51 PM

#9228, "RE: Awww"
In response to Reply #6

>I have alot of friends in the village but I liked you the
>most.

There have been (and still are) some awesome ragers in Battle during my time playing Yror. I'm flattered. Really.

>Any time information that I felt would benefit you and
>the village came my way, I would always bounce it off you.

I really do appreciate this. As a scout, Yror tried to encourage everyone to pass information to him and it was wonderful when you'd help out.

>You helped me get the sapling a time or two from Scions, I
>helped you get the head once which as I remember was a TON
>of fun. Untill the healer with the shawtabies broke me into
>tinybits.

Yeah, I think Ragers have some of the best brawls.

>Blimbali miss Thror, Thror dead, Blimbali sad.

As an aside, I picked up the talking in third person from a brief interaction I had with that storm giant shaman named Kadeem a few months back. Thought it sounded cool and might be nice if it became a sort of storm giant culture thing. So glad I had a character with a short name, hehehe.

Koaeb (Guest)Sat 21-Sep-02 09:41 AM

#9225, "Thanks for being a pal - I'll get in someday. nt"
In response to Reply #1

Yror (Guest)Mon 23-Sep-02 08:54 PM

#9226, "Hee hee hee"
In response to Reply #7

Dude, I was looking through an old log of mine, back when I was a rager wannabe, and guess who I saw running through the ruins of Thalos? hehehehe, YOU! You've stuck it out, thats for sure. Good luck on getting in.

Rorimac (Guest)Sat 21-Sep-02 11:28 AM

#9221, "RE: It was fun"
In response to Reply #1

well, I never got to know you how i would of liked to... you seemed like a hell of a rager.. I guess it came down to our hours never linning up realy.. i played for hours some days hoping to see ya and when i did we didnt talk much but you beat ass pretty well take care man and good luck in the fields..

Yror (Guest)Mon 23-Sep-02 09:01 PM

#9222, "RE: It was fun"
In response to Reply #8

Yeah, there were a number of Ragers on the opposite playing time than me. You did slaughter (I wish I had logged it, you smoked me) me when Huraz wanted me to fight you to test whether I was worthy of an interview or not. Luckily I was able to play it off as not that essential to Yror, seeing as Yror wanted to be a scout and not a berserker.

As for not talking to you much, Rager or not, Rorimac was evil. Yror's whole reason for wanting to be a Rager was because he thought Magic was the means that the Shadow used to control people, to get them to submit to the Shadow. The role seemed pretty solid, and Yror had a number of debates with people about it. So back to the point, Yror was willing to fight alongside evil when required, but the rest of the time he didn't want to get too close. Huraz was pretty much the only one that Yror respected, and it was because of his strong leadership.

Rori (Guest)Tue 24-Sep-02 10:00 AM

#9223, "RE: more on my role..."
In response to Reply #24

I wish we did interact more then.. for my out look was i was not evil... i was by blood but I felt that the true evil in the land was the magic and that all races and creed have nothing to do with it... i was against predjuice and racial bias... it was like the maran were tricked into believeing that magic was not the evil it was in fact the dark drow or the dark dwarf... and that magic was the true evil in the land... I tryed to explain my self to all the maran and paladins that hunted me all the time but not many wanted to listen.. warsarbe did and i respected him for that I even was going to go before the drake and speak of my beliefes but I never got a chance to.. I think the only one who realy understood me was delebrinduil.. he rocked but yea man you didnt get that slaughtered for a non rager warrior heh, ne way good luck with stuff and if you wana get in touch with me... SIECIKSuc is my aol im' handle... later man

Yror (Guest)Wed 25-Sep-02 05:25 PM

#9224, "Re: Alignment"
In response to Reply #29

Thats cool about the evil thing, but considering Yror didn't interact with Rorimac much, I am curious if you did play him evilly, even though he didn't consider himself evil?

Valarath (Guest)Sat 21-Sep-02 12:53 PM

#9219, "..."
In response to Reply #1

Just got up
Checked Dio's graveyard quickly, saw the two new posts, sighed when I saw Aeryana had deleated, and moved to the log board. Did one of thoes comedic double takes and ended up knocking over the glass of water I had used to take my two asprin with scramblin back to click the graveyard link.
Hell man, I just can't belive after yesterday, I was tipsy (second time Ive played when drinking Anything in cf history) and real real angry at myself. I had thought of big long speech to talk with you about today. I am sorry about yesterday, I really really am.

I am a terrible leveler. Without you, I would have deleted pre 30 and pre battle, no doubt. How many ranks did I get with you? Way over half, I know it. I didn't think it was possible to rank that much at the worms. It was great. Then we went to Saugians, never seen that much experiance. We had Chakmall as our third for the longest time, and he would Always find a way to die. (I don't think im ever going back to keep of barovia) Even when you were hero you would come try to help Drag me up a couple ranks time after time. Some of the most memorable times Ive had. Thanks.

You rocked, and you took down a damn lot of mages. Thank you for being so damn patient with me, and teaching me so much. Just be sure to check my goodbye post when I'm gone, ok? That will clear some things up.

Thank you again man...
Good luck.

Yror (Guest)Mon 23-Sep-02 09:15 PM

#9220, "RE: ..."
In response to Reply #9

>I am sorry about yesterday, I really really am.

No big deal. I was getting tired of playing him, and after 289 hours it was time to call it quits. I felt as though I had gone as far as I could with Yror. Didn't think I was going to get a title, tattoo, nor any sort of elder position in the village. Yror was sphere Dedication, but he was also a character that sought to accomplish (as per Valguarnera's religion).

>I am a terrible leveler. Without you, I would have deleted
>pre 30 and pre battle, no doubt. How many ranks did I get
>with you? Way over half, I know it. I didn't think it was
>possible to rank that much at the worms. It was great.
>Then we went to Saugians, never seen that much experiance.
>We had Chakmall as our third for the longest time, and he
>would Always find a way to die. (I don't think im ever
>going back to keep of barovia)

I have to admit, this was one character I really enjoyed leveling with. I really enjoyed all those mob deaths. Really. Keep of Barovia was tons of fun. Maus, Elemental temple, great fun. I will confess that I got sick of worms, but that is what led to all those other places! Yay! I wouldn't be surprised if overall Yror died more to mobs than to pks.

I think one of the great things about leveling with Yror was the fact you were there. We both played a lot of hours, and about the same time. That made leveling a breeze, even if we sucked as tanks.

>
>You rocked, and you took down a damn lot of mages. Thank
>you for being so damn patient with me, and teaching me so
>much. Just be sure to check my goodbye post when I'm gone,
>ok? That will clear some things up.

Yeah. Valarath was like Yror's little brother. I've got some thoughts about your role and its quirks, but I figured I'd leave that in the game.

Karhon (Guest)Sat 21-Sep-02 12:57 PM

#9215, "Liked Lannie, loved Yror."
In response to Reply #1

Enjoyed grabbing you the sahuagin spears, sorry to hear you were disappointed in the spec though. Had fun that time in Organia, never explored with a rager before, it made things interesting. RP with goodie villagers is always fun for me with Karhon, cause of the villager-killing-goodie-mages factor. Hope you enjoyed the ten or so total hours we hung out.

Yror (Guest)Mon 23-Sep-02 09:29 PM

#9216, "RE: Liked Lannie, loved Yror."
In response to Reply #10

Seeing as you were one of the few that had any interaction with both Lannie and Yror, I have to ask: Did you have any suspicion that they were played by the same person?

>Enjoyed grabbing you the sahuagin spears,

Gotta love avg 31 no-remove spears. *droool* Was crazy running around a few times with two of them. Muahahahaha.

> sorry to hear you were disappointed in the spec though.

I still enjoyed it.

> Had fun that time in Organia, never explored with
> a rager before, it made things interesting.

Yeah. I was lucky that I didn't get plagued. That would have put about a real life hour break in the exploring. Also thanks for letting me read the room descriptions. That place is awesome. It fit perfectly with Yror's role too. I thought about putting something in my role about having slain the Shadow Conqueror of the nightmares, but never got around to it.

>RP with goodie villagers is always fun for me
>with Karhon, cause of the villager-killing-goodie-mages
>factor.

Same here. You were one of the few that tried in a non-violent way to persuade Yror to stop. Like that time you gave me the spear, but with the condition that I couldn't use it to harm any of the Light. Made things interesting.

>Hope you enjoyed the ten or so total hours we hung out.

Definitely.

Karhon (Guest)Wed 25-Sep-02 01:48 AM

#9217, "Nope, I had no idea that Lannie was Yror."
In response to Reply #26

And Yror was definitely an improvement, even rp-wise, I'd say.

Yror (Guest)Wed 25-Sep-02 05:34 PM

#9218, "Re: Lannie vs. Yror rp-wise"
In response to Reply #33

I'm surprised you thought that Yror was an improvement rp-wise. Yror was a little more unusual, and a lot more 'in your face' RP, but I honestly considered the RP shallow compared to Lannie. I tried to play Lannie more like a 'real' person, with sighing hopes and dreams, sometimes suffering from lack of confidence and emotional vulnerabilities. Yror seemed less dynamic than Lannie. Yror had his set way he would act, whereas Lannie could have very possibly been lured to become evil had anyone bothered to fuel his anger toward elves. I guess Yror's RP was more open and easily communicated, and Lannie was too subtle. Oh well. Thanks for the input.

KoeKhaosSat 21-Sep-02 01:31 PM
400 posts
#9213, "Hehehe... someone called me a ballsy bastard! :P"
In response to Reply #1

You were always a pain in the ass. I loved it! I could never kill you, I think the closest is when I was in the village, killed Nourn and had you and Huraz Convulsing... then I died haha. Was fun though. Good luck on next, not sure if I will have one.. though I think I will considering my past.. I just need to get over the assholes and become more.. uhm.. paranoid? If I ran more I wouldn't get so upset maybe. cya in the fields probally.

Yror (Guest)Wed 25-Sep-02 04:31 PM

#9214, "I'll post that log after Nourn is gone. Was a good fig..."
In response to Reply #11

I got pretty lucky in that fight.

Falax (Guest)Sat 21-Sep-02 09:22 PM

#9212, "RE: It was fun"
In response to Reply #1

There were a lot of villagers that annoyed me on an OOC level.

You definately weren't one of them.

Great character.

silfror (Guest)Sat 21-Sep-02 11:30 PM

#9210, "RE: It was fun"
In response to Reply #1

ahh it was awesome talkin to you. First real contact in the village. Glad I interacted with you was alot of fun. SEe ya in the fields

Yror (Guest)Wed 25-Sep-02 04:32 PM

#9211, "You were by far my favorite interviewee. nt"
In response to Reply #13

BryvacSun 22-Sep-02 12:28 AM
0 posts
#9209, "RE: It was fun"
In response to Reply #1

Well, I can honestly say that Yror rocked ass, I'd log on and we'd go do everything, kill everything, and just have fun, was awesome having you around, and I know your going to be missed.
luck to you
Bryvac

GorachSun 22-Sep-02 05:05 AM
0 posts
#9208, "Gah"
In response to Reply #1

I just realized I forgot to mention you, and all the other ragers, in my farewell note .. Of course I remember you, how can I ever forget a trip back to Galadon on the back of a giant .. kudos to you, you were great.

Arnora (Guest)Sun 22-Sep-02 06:37 AM

#9207, "And I thought I was your favorite bard?"
In response to Reply #1

You where alot of fun.... Man I laughed alot when we travelled together.... I liked your style above all...Cheers

Barendd (Guest)Sun 22-Sep-02 11:41 AM

#9206, "Wow..."
In response to Reply #1

I remember thinking, "This guys must not know what he's doing..." Then fighting you at hero with a different character and thinking "I really respect this guy now. You can email me if you'd like to know who my other character was, but I don't wanna broadcast it here. Anyhow I thought you did a job well done and I'd like to congratulate you on a character well-played. My email address is kssmith@okstate.edu

Latez.

SimyarMon 23-Sep-02 10:08 PM
0 posts
#9204, "A great story"
In response to Reply #1

I was a great story that I have saved on my computer now. I thiink should honestly post it underneath my post so everyone can read it. I'm not sure exactly the tie in for love, but I thought it was pretty cool, though I guess yo ucould say the warrior was showing love for them. Anyway, it was nice, the more I think of it, the more I like it. Like how you put me in at the end. Simyar never has hated ragers, just doesn't like them if they kill the natural things. And of course, the duergar, drow, and half-drow. But, SImyar liked you a good bit. Anyway, keep up the good work and good chars.

Simyar D'Arelin

Yror (Guest)Wed 25-Sep-02 05:22 PM

#9205, "Glad you liked it."
In response to Reply #28

I think it could have used some revision, but pretty good for a first draft. I actually didn't bother to save myself a copy. Just wrote the note and sent it. Oh well.

Gralith (Guest)Tue 24-Sep-02 06:41 PM

#9203, "what happened"
In response to Reply #1

Gralith is my first character past level 25 since I started playing cf again (this last month) after a 8 year hiatus. I have lost a whole ton of con with him and I need to find some wands before I can compete. So I made another character to find wands with and when I find a few I'll be playing gralith more. The problem is the barrier wands apparently are all maxed out so I may find locations but there will never be a wand there so I can't know for sure where they come from. Anyway it was a lot of fun fighting you even though I got torched more times than not. Have a good break from CF, and I look forward to matching swords (or spells) with you again!

Rustanviel (Guest)Tue 24-Sep-02 09:09 PM

#9202, "RE: It was fun"
In response to Reply #1

You did a hell of a job...
Tob, Bryvac and I were fighting Fistanthilus, and all I could think
was man, I wish Yror was here, he wouldn't be able to run around like
this if Yror was here. The first time I saw you Oblit on a critical,
I almost pooped myself.... well, not literally. You were a good friend, and will be missed.
Grant

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #9197 Previous topic | Next topic