Subject: "Bahamuth has vanished during his adventures." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #89987
Show all folders

Bahamuth (Guest)Sun 17-Jan-10 06:20 AM

#89987, "Bahamuth has vanished during his adventures."

My second invoker hero, first was about 5-6 years ago (or even more). I went earth/frost paths with 10 affinity, and 3 3 3 3 3 were in other elements. After getting my most powerful spells I figured that it was a totally wrong choice, but it was too late to change anything. Funny, but despite 3 affinity in air path, my first shield was airshield.

Invokers are fun to play, but I had very little way of keeping foes from fleeing, except for quicksand, which can be is easily avoided by everyone, except for non-arial ragers. So, my invoker was kind of a support class - and I expected something else.

I've got bored with him at the end and though that after a month of holidays I will find new strategy and will be more effective, but seems it will not happen. I am not upset, though - 10/10 affinity in earth/air was burdening me everytime I've logged in

Another reason why my interest in CF waning - I've explored every single area except for ST and Hell. It's sad to see that no new areas are being builded; I remember time in POS, where I've been helping some dragon imm to create new area - it took something like two weeks to make a quite complicated, big area, and one more week to set mobs. Now, CF reminds me a deathmatch level from the quake3 game, where we know every turn, every hideout and can run blind from one continent to another in a minute. Probably this is why I am (and other players) are leaving for a year or two - so

I don't remember most of you anymore, except for:

Tinsalaop - the best, but I wrote in your tpoic;

Lamanee - same as Tinsalaop

Dzintiry - very nice, interesting character to fight, and knew how to make me run. If not you, I would eat most of the imperials alone. Good luck with your next!

Esteludu - we had interesting travels, no doubt. Liked your character.

Most likely I forgot someone because of the long time of absence. If so, I will be glad to hear from you!

Good luck to everyone, and see you later.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DurNominatorSun 17-Jan-10 12:00 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#89990, "Did you really have a Bahamuth in the fields."
In response to Reply #0

I shudder.

This was the first hit Google presented to me with keyword "Bahamuth" after asking "Did you mean Bahamut?".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahamut

Other similar beast with probably same origins with the name, with the missing h in the end in place, but different vowels:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behemoth

Sorry I'm harping about this, but I just saw the connection immediately.

Bahamuth (Guest)Sun 17-Jan-10 05:57 PM

#90003, "RE: Did you really have a Bahamuth in the fields."
In response to Reply #1

In short - yes Do you mind it? There is a Scarabaeus, why can't I be a Bahamuth?

SplntrdSun 17-Jan-10 06:20 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90004, "Technically you can, but your logic is faulty"
In response to Reply #2

Scarabaeus was made a long long time ago, when naming standards were much more relaxed. You're correct in that your name would have fit in fine back then.

Nowadays it will stand out.

Splntrd

Bahamuth (Guest)Sun 17-Jan-10 07:36 PM

#90008, "RE: Technically you can, but your logic is faulty"
In response to Reply #3

But it did not, especially after something like Macaca or gnome Demetrius. So, I don't see it as a problem. There were worse names. For evil mage name was fine, especially since it was pointed in the roile, why he have such name.

SplntrdSun 17-Jan-10 09:12 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90010, "RE: Technically you can, but your logic is faulty"
In response to Reply #4

Sure; there are worse names, and yours is certainly acceptable. I was just explaining why it might stand out especially to some people, and why citing "Scarabaeus" in your defense doesn't really apply.

It didn't really bother me.

Splntrd

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #89987 Previous topic | Next topic