Subject: "(AGE) Eleke the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8571
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 12-Aug-02 12:30 PM
Member since 06th May 2024
16831 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8571, "(AGE) Eleke the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu"

Mon Aug 12 14:29:08 2002

7 o''clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Grand Struggle on the Theran calendar Eleke perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:495
PK Ratio:81% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AGE) Eleke the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Rhowyn (Guest), 14-Aug-02 06:21 AM, #17
Reply Mandatory farewells, Eleke (Guest), 13-Aug-02 01:09 PM, #4
Reply RE: Mandatory farewells, Thralkoz, 13-Aug-02 02:13 PM, #5
Reply Well .., Gorach, 13-Aug-02 02:50 PM, #6
Reply A very well played character..., Nydeikon (Guest), 13-Aug-02 03:51 PM, #10
Reply Nice job Eleke., Wasarbre (Guest), 13-Aug-02 05:48 PM, #12
Reply You chump!, Llohuir, 13-Aug-02 06:58 PM, #13
Reply RE: Mandatory farewells, ulfin (Guest), 13-Aug-02 07:21 PM, #14
Reply Qwitzleh..., Larcat, 13-Aug-02 09:33 PM, #15
Reply RE: Mandatory farewells, tilaen (Guest), 14-Aug-02 07:17 AM, #18
Reply RE: Mandatory farewells, Thalongrim (Guest), 14-Aug-02 12:30 PM, #19
Reply Thalongrim immed? Wtf? n/t, ArChaos, 15-Aug-02 02:16 AM, #22
Reply RE: Mandatory farewells, Isildur, 14-Aug-02 12:32 PM, #20
Reply C-ya, Kalraak (Guest), 14-Aug-02 03:25 PM, #21
Reply You generalize a little too much, however..., Danical (Guest), 15-Aug-02 07:04 AM, #23
Reply RE: You generalize a little too much, however..., Eleke (Guest), 15-Aug-02 11:09 AM, #24
Reply RE: Mandatory farewells, Dugruain, 16-Aug-02 02:05 PM, #25
Reply I have to say this for ya, Tynnyn (Guest), 13-Aug-02 08:17 AM, #3
Reply Eh, why someone would post with MY name, I don't know, ..., Tynnyn (Guest), 13-Aug-02 03:08 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Eh, why someone would post with MY name, I don't kn..., Eleke (Guest), 13-Aug-02 03:19 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Eh, why someone would post with MY name, I don't kn..., Falax (Guest), 13-Aug-02 03:44 PM, #9
     Reply woops strike that, and put it down here under the right..., Tylinn (Guest), 13-Aug-02 04:12 PM, #11
Reply hmmm, Kaz (Guest), 12-Aug-02 06:18 PM, #2
Reply RE: hmmm, Cercanopuno (Guest), 13-Aug-02 11:15 PM, #16
Reply It's a shame we never had that talk in the Inn..., Karhon (Guest), 12-Aug-02 04:47 PM, #1

Rhowyn (Guest)Wed 14-Aug-02 06:21 AM

#8572, "RE: (AGE) Eleke the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu"
In response to Reply #0

I had a lot of respect for you. I never knew why you were never titled or recognized in some way, you seemed to do well.

Rhowyn

Eleke (Guest)Tue 13-Aug-02 01:09 PM

#8573, "Mandatory farewells"
In response to Reply #0

Where to begin? I rolled this character in January, after being told by Iillien that 100 and something hours were nothing, and not enough to understand the working of Scion or to criticize people. I think 495 is enough. The first half of my character's life, Scion was in the ditch. It was awful. The 'bandwagon' hadn't started around Dullameh yet, so he was just about the only Scion presence at hero. Took me a while to rank up, as my entire range would be enemies almost every day, and that hinders quite a bit. More mob deaths than i've ever had on any other character didn't help, either. I was constantly in a hole around 40k. When Scion finally did grow in strength, I became real happy, as I was expecting good cabal warfare, with many people on both sides. However, when Scion was at its pinnacle, there were no enemies. People put their good aligns on the backburner to roll Scions or other characters (a lot of those goodies later showed when Scion wasn't quite as powerful). It was funny, but boring having your entire pk range be 10 Scions, a Herald or two, and a couple uncaballed people. Hell trips galore, but not very much killing, as no enemies were about. Then TLB 1 and 2 struck, and Silent Tower, followed by Hell, were closed. I really should have deleted my character then, as I lost all interest in doing anything with him, and I think it was painfully obvious to everyone else that I was just 'going through the motions'. Hell was what I wanted to go to, but that wasn't possible. Scion is now in a weakened state again, but I have no doubt that it will be in power again in about a month. Now then, on to some other things.

The assassin class: I love, it is a great, balanced class. Sure, there are some combos that you cannot kill unless you are a Rager assassin, but assassinate more than makes up for that, and it can definately kill them. I think kote and kan need to be looked into, because miss WAY too often. I know it has been that way for a while, but come on, i've been in duels against other players and missed kote or kan 4 times in a row (both perfected, done with and without shield to see if that makes a difference). And once you miss kote two or three times in a pk situation, it is time to get out of the fight. Also, I think you should be able to vanish while the hunt is called upon you, as that is not a magical means of transportation, which is what the hunt is supposed to block.

SCION cabal: "The cabal with no goal/purpose." That has been stated by many, and i'm going to state it now as well. When there is one evil cabal (not counting Scarab here, as it has been too weak over the last year to amount to anything) there needs to be more immortal interaction. From what I have seen, if you are not a Chancellor, you don't get anything. Yes, I know there are some 'super duper secret quests' going on right now for Scion, but when they only involve the Chancellors (that position is a revolving door, that doesn't help) to the rest of the Chasm it appears nothing is going on at all, and it is very, very disheartening. It also doesn't help that Silent Tower was closed, as that figured into the 'super duper secret Chancellor quest' if I remember right. In short, I know you are both busy fixing bugs and working on code, but please, Zulghinlour and Valg, pleeeeaaaase make an effort to interact/work with more of the cabal. That would change the outlook of Scion a great deal, and improve the cabal immeasurably.

Now onto the farewells.

Scion:

Dullameh - I ranked with you as Bauui, and worked with you a lot with this character. Your skills (pk) have increased since I played Bauui. I'm glad you immed, because you were playing your character nothing like you did several months ago, and it seemed you were disenchanted lately. I have more I would like to say to you, so I would like you to drop me an email.

Krivohan - Quite the killer, and you had a great form combo. I enjoyed killing/defending with you, and i've seen you solo defend against several people and use some tactics I had never thought of. Good job.

Urden - Geez, those login/logout times you have are a real pain in the butt, but I understand, as early in my character I had to do the same thing often. I despised your character at first, but now I think quite highly of you. You are going to have a rough time leading Scion for a while, but I have no doubt you are up for the task.

Dahlisyn - You had a great character going for yourself, you seemed to be very skilled, and I thoght you were going to be a force on the mud for some time. Then you deleted out of the blue. That was a giant waste, however I understand you having to do so.

Dranolian - I liked you, you were great to have around, and you knew what to do in a pk situation. I didn't have to sit there and tell you what spell to cast every time something needed to be done, and that was great. I wish you had not went out in a rage delete, and I never witnessed any of those logouts during raids that were mentioned, and I doubt you would do that. I would like for you to drop me an email.

Tilaen - I think that is how the name is, the invoker Chancellor that was around before Dahlisyn. I was there when you deleted, and I think you were trying to get me to talk you out of it. Thing is, I had just smoked a huge blunt of kind bud, and I don't know why I had logged on, I was nearly incapacitated and couldn't even form sentences to talk you out of it. I just sat there thinking "man, i'm going to get kicked out". It was quite amusing.

Mordan/Orinah/Stargher/Rhevaen/The Fifth Beetle - I liked your characters, a break would be a good thing for you, but yes, when you return it needs to be for team evil again. I think I can truthfully state that I liked Mordan more than any other Scion. I would like for you to drop me an email.

Mesharrah - It was great having a competent healer about, you automatically almost tripled the strength of any group we were in. Good job Wiggletits.

Kalraak - I have a feeling I am going to see your name on the battlefield soon, and that would be a shame. I know it sucked losing your clothes like that. You are a solid character, and one I liked working with.

Jaslanna - Just so you get mentioned . It was nice having you around, and who knows, you may be the next lich. That last death was bad.

Dwoggurd - By being around you I just felt that 'Russian vibe', and knew you were one. You used more preps than me, and for that I gotta congratulate you. You were a beast, and I liked running with you.

Maelgwyn/Kadsuane - You did your best to anger me, ic and ooc. I was glad about what happened to your axe. I don't see why you had to go around telling people that I stalked you while you were defending against a raid, because that was a flat out lie. I've got a boring log of it if I need to post it. The duergar axe spec never showed up.

Fauaqi/Hralled/Zauvoult/Alaenyth/other Scions etc. etc. - Too many to list for space, know that I liked all of your characters.

NEXUS:

Nydeikon - When you died, so did any decent conversation to be had. I enjoyed running around with your character, we had some good times. I would like for you to drop me an email.

Kazahando - I liked you as well, you were useful to have about and when you actually went for me that time in Arkham, I knew you were quite dedicated to the Rift.

Sphinf/Thalongrim - Great job with the imming, Thalongrim. I liked you quite a bit, and your skills seemed to increase after a while. Sphinf, you should log on more, quit the Rift, and join Herald. That is your true calling. I liked you.

HERALD:

Iunna - It was fun interacting with you, and you almost made my character want his own lizard doll.

TRIBUNAL:

Rocheval - You were quite corrupt, as that situation with Gorach showed. I got a big kick out of it when we got you in the sewers.

Dugruain - Believe it or not, the exact same pair of quickling skin gloves that I *DID* loot from you when you were mortal, were in my inventory when I age died. Now if only I could keep a better piece of gear that long. Funny, huh?

Nraglathoc - You were a hoot, and play a good fire giant.

WARLOCK:

Never had a single conversation with any of you, for some reason. Odd.

MARAN:

Halning - You fought Scion when we were at the peak of our strength, you showed great dedication, and you were quite willing to die for your cause. I liked you a lot, and I wish you had better allies at that time than Aliera, for your sake.

Karhon - I would have age died right when we started that talk in the Inn. I logged off right after we got done talking, and when I logged on in the Arkham bank, I took one step west, and age died at the pit. That would have been humerous, wouldn't it? I had a good deal of respect for you for some reason.

The ganging circus clowns (Ice Drakes):

Wasarbre - Though I never liked you due to those attempted gangs on me with Villagers, I gained a measure of respect for you due to your sticking it out during tough times. You handled that looting in the stunted forest very well, and that caused me to notice you a bit more.

Gorach - Do you ever do anything without a large gang? I hated you, though I can see you thinking of yourself as a supporting member of a large group, instead of a solo killer.

Doriah - My one interaction with you was this:
Doriah tells you 'you will find, that the only reason you have held that pendantfrom me so long is that you have had the power of many with you, or you can run like the wind.'
That summed up what I thought of the Ice Drakes. You never got that pendant, either.

ENTROPY:

Samtuka - Haha, though you were annoying I would actually laugh out loud, and have a big grin on my face from interacting with you.

INVOKERS (they count as a body):

Brindelbik - How dare you delete right when I was starting to turn you into my private invoker! You knew your stuff, you were funny, and I loved gathering gear/PKing with you.

Ransleyr - You belong under Entropy, but i'm too lazy to scroll up and place you under Samtuka. You were useful to have around, though it seems you are a relative newbie. Sorry for ordering you about so much, I am a natural asshole.

Qwitzleh - What happened to you, dirty old man? I missed you.

Ulfin - I'm too lazy to put you under Entropy also. You seemed like a newbie, but darn it, you were an affable one. You were funny, and I later felt bad about pking you that one time. I tried to make up for it later.

RAGERS:

Koogar - Watch out for snakes.

Tobeldest - It annoyed me how you got your 'Bold' title immediately after ganging me with three goodies when I played Bauui. That always stuck in the back of my head, and having the 'Bold' barbarian go against Village policy and call in Tynnyn, Shaitarak, Gorach and Simyar in an even 5 on 5 retrieval attempt just brought back that bad memory.

Shamus - I didn't like you, and you know why. I started to warm up to you but then you pulled that second stunt. I'm tempted to post the logs of them.

Yulithe/Thralkoz - You helped pump my pk ratio as Yulithe, and I avoided Thralkoz (don't like giant Villagers). He was a bit meaner than Yulithe.

Rorimac - You seemed like a decent sort.

Huraz - From what I can tell, you are a solid leader. Keep up the good work.

Rhuean - You were a great tactician, and you were always the first target in any big fight or raid because of that. I had a lot of respect for you.

Sorry if i'm missing anyone, but this character was around for a long time, and this post is rather long. Also, I do apologize for being an overt a--hole through the first part of my character's life. I did mellow out in the end. I'm going to call it quits for a bit, i'm not going to say i'll never be back, because I know I will be.

Oaken

email: aarontompkins@hotmail.com

ThralkozTue 13-Aug-02 02:13 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8588, "RE: Mandatory farewells"
In response to Reply #4

I liked Eleke with both Yulithe, and Thralkoz. Yulithe was my first character back after...maybe 2, 3 years. Wear a staff and spam trip or throw *smirk* We always had little talks and they were entertaining. Glad you always stuck it out. Sure am glad I don't have to watch my back anymore...

GorachTue 13-Aug-02 02:50 PM
0 posts
#8587, "Well .."
In response to Reply #4

Gorach - Do you ever do anything without a large gang? I hated you, though I can see you thinking of yourself as a supporting member of a large group, instead of a solo killer.

You're right about that, as a soldier I was a 'typical' supporting group member.. and as Warsinger I had a very good excuse to always travel in a group :p.. as a leader I am trying to hunt on my own more though (giving the good example and all).. On the other hand .. it might have been otherwise before I hit hero level, but I didn't see you thát much on your own either (hunting I mean).. if I saw you, you were always around this one or that one .. but then again, who am I to talk about that .. anyways, after that 'trap' in Arkham when I was fighting Alaenyth (on my own }>, and I think I could have actually won that one) I wanted you dead so much (it wasn't really a trap though, because I saw you and Dwoggurd coming, but I was thinking 'what the heck, perhaps I can finish it off before they arrive - biiiiiig mistake ).. never got a chance though.. Anyways, good luck on your next one eh .. and make sure it's a scion eh, I'm getting a bit bored with all of you dying/deleting :p

By the way .. what was that incident you were talking about with Rocheval ? Was that the you-are-wanted-because-you-fiended-soandso-outside-town-but-he-ran-to-the-healer-so-he-has-to-be-protected-and-so-you-used-your-area-song-in-town incident ?

Nydeikon (Guest)Tue 13-Aug-02 03:51 PM

#8586, "A very well played character..."
In response to Reply #4

From what I experianced, you did a great job. I always thought we were close IC, but still never let you "that" close, if you know what I mean. You played a manipulative, conniving evil bastard well. I knew never to trust you TOO much, but still felt we had some sort of bond, I guess you could say. I really, really did enjoy your character. The talks, the travels, the prepping, the hunting, everything was great. I'm really glad you stuck with it and aged died Eleke, it really shows alot (as someone else said below) of dedication. Anyways, good luck in life and cf and all that stuff.

That dead Whil guy.

Wasarbre (Guest)Tue 13-Aug-02 05:48 PM

#8585, "Nice job Eleke."
In response to Reply #4

I didnt mean to gang you with ragers....it just seemed to work out that way...seriously.

I always kept a macro...'com wrath eleke'...if I saw you...you got a wrath. heh

Anyhow, I liked your charactor. Interacted with you with Vomalice and Tsaicenfeng. I didnt like you with Vomalice, because well, you started threatening me one time, and I honestly didnt do anything to you in game. I was trying to help you an you misunderstood what I was doing.

My favorite memory of you was when you assasinated the anti=paladin...I knew once he insulted you..he was dead..Nice job, you rock!

Wasarbre

LlohuirTue 13-Aug-02 06:58 PM
23 posts
#8584, "You chump!"
In response to Reply #4

Knew you were always lurking around. Didn't get speak with you much cept the time I was in jail. You were hidden and trying to 'help' me out. Nice that you stuck out till the end.

Another time, bud.

ulfin (Guest)Tue 13-Aug-02 07:21 PM

#8583, "RE: Mandatory farewells"
In response to Reply #4

ya punk!, but it was part of ulfin's char, not to be newbies, but naive, to really not understand and for the most part, not care what happened around him, as long as though it didnt hurt him

Kraenesk

LarcatTue 13-Aug-02 09:33 PM
495 posts
#8582, "Qwitzleh..."
In response to Reply #4

Is road tripping w/ his lady friend out west. His char auto-deleted.

"New payment options w/ Iron Realms"

tilaen (Guest)Wed 14-Aug-02 07:17 AM

#8581, "RE: Mandatory farewells"
In response to Reply #4

hmph, is that all you had to say about me?
You never really impressed me. As an assassin you could have done soo much more it was disgusting, but it seemed you wouldnt ever fight unless the odds were so much in your favour that you could do nothing but overwhelm the one foe you would fight with about five others, or had a healer by your side healing you constantly.

I saw you fight with ranking and all, and I knew you would be able to handle yourself very well in other situations, you just never even tried it looked like. I made a comment like that with another character of recent, just seems you took it wrong. heh

Thalongrim (Guest)Wed 14-Aug-02 12:30 PM

#8579, "RE: Mandatory farewells"
In response to Reply #4

Good job. I always enjoyed seeing Eleke about, I knew I was either going to get some equipment or get tell. You always seemed to be ready to join Nexus to go hunt ragers somewhere, and we always needed good allies. I remember our one fight during the Nexus/Scion war (Part 2) and how we were both sitting there and had to just because we were at war. I always considered you one of my best friends in char and am sad to see you go. Again, well done.

ArChaosThu 15-Aug-02 02:16 AM
352 posts
#8580, "Thalongrim immed? Wtf? n/t"
In response to Reply #19

WTF

IsildurWed 14-Aug-02 12:32 PM
5969 posts
#8578, "RE: Mandatory farewells"
In response to Reply #4

I liked Eleke. I was surprised when I found out who was playing him, since after interacting with you as Oaken I'd pretty much decided you're a complete #####. At least your CF characters aren't dicks...that's something.

That was a shitty death for you in Tar Valon. Gratz on not going ballistic. I'm not sure I would have handled it as well.

Kalraak (Guest)Wed 14-Aug-02 03:25 PM

#8577, "C-ya"
In response to Reply #4

I liked Eleke from the time when I first met you, talking #### to some scion mage for trying to treat us guards like dogs. I knew right then we had the same ideals on guards being half of the cabal not just slaves to some mages. If I remember right you assassinated that guy Beyond that you were definetly my favorite assassin out there. Countless times I remeber fighting people in places where I thought I was on my own, and you'd step out of the shadows to give me unexpected aide. I thought it was fresh to have this assassin who didn't always want to group with me but still kept an eye on what I was doing to get my back.. without me even knowing he was there. Also you always had the inside information on what was going on with the chancellors, with gear, and with enemies. By the book on my idea of how an assassin should be

Great job, hope you come back soon to give us scions some help.

-Kalraak

Danical (Guest)Thu 15-Aug-02 07:04 AM

#8575, "You generalize a little too much, however..."
In response to Reply #4

Your comment that no goodies ever showed up, or you didn't have any foes was a little to generalized. You included no Sylvan's in your farewell, which doesn't really bug me, but there were a few of us who constantly continued to show up through the "evil" times with Scions leading the war. Seeing as I play one character at a time, I know I was one of them, and I remember a few times you being upset that you didn't get your assassinate off on me.

Here is my feeling toward you. With Weswin I thought you were pretty weak as I beat you around quite a bit, but as time went on you really got into your character and made a great showing as a Scion. With Danical I respected you much more and was always happy to have you about to fight. I think we had a few good ones there. Anyway, you did a good job, and you stuck around like many others don't.

Great work,
Aaron

Eleke (Guest)Thu 15-Aug-02 11:09 AM

#8576, "RE: You generalize a little too much, however..."
In response to Reply #23

Yes, I realized that I forgot to add Sylvan to the list after I had already posted it. I had almost forgotten Ragers, also. I would say you were the only Sylvan of worth, Daomael popped up only during the full moon, and Alysrith just kind of hid in the bushes. As for Weswin, sorry, but I never fought him with this character. I think you deleted him while I was low ranked, or possibly around the time I rolled, so you are thinking of another assassin. I thought Danical was decent, a summoner always makes things more interesting.

DugruainFri 16-Aug-02 02:05 PM
71 posts
#8574, "RE: Mandatory farewells"
In response to Reply #4

"Dugruain - Believe it or not, the exact same pair of quickling skin gloves that I *DID* loot from you when you were mortal, were in my inventory when I age died. Now if only I could keep a better piece of gear that long. Funny, huh?"

wanted eleke y

*mutter*

Good Luck with the next.

Duggy

Tynnyn (Guest)Tue 13-Aug-02 08:17 AM

#8589, "I have to say this for ya"
In response to Reply #0

I've had several goodies since you were around, and you were the most annoying scion. I'm almost positive it was in your role. You were arrogant, lippy, and a pain in the rear. At the same time, no one could keep ya in a fight, and you were dangerous. I would say Eleke was the ultimate rub your nose in it character. So well done, and can't wait to see your next. How about team goodie?

Tynnyn

Tynnyn (Guest)Tue 13-Aug-02 03:08 PM

#8590, "Eh, why someone would post with MY name, I don't know, ..."
In response to Reply #3

That last post was definately not me. I share some of th'same feelin's, eh, but not all of them. You would hardly ever fight me, and when you did it was with Urden (and then amora came, that last time in the chasm.) Well anyways sad to see another foe go, and good luck. We're winnin' th'war!

The real Tynnyn

Eleke (Guest)Tue 13-Aug-02 03:19 PM

#8592, "RE: Eh, why someone would post with MY name, I don't kn..."
In response to Reply #7

By never fighting you do you mean when you would stupidly attack the nightwalker while yelling out "Come out coward!" when we didn't have the sceptre and you had people waiting one south of the nightwalker to come up and gang? Sorry to disappoint you, but i'm not an idiot.

Falax (Guest)Tue 13-Aug-02 03:44 PM

#8593, "RE: Eh, why someone would post with MY name, I don't kn..."
In response to Reply #8

I fell for that trick the other day They didn't get me though.

Anyway, good as any place to leave my thoughts.

I ranked with you and that other Scion, a human assassin with the titanium spear, in the mid 20s I believe. I was impressed by your skill, and later turned from neutral to evil and joined Scion. I was also shocked to see you still around after I quit for 4-5 months.

You were impressive, and it's a real shame to see you go when we need you most. Join us again the future, will you?

Tylinn (Guest)Tue 13-Aug-02 04:12 PM

#8591, "woops strike that, and put it down here under the right..."
In response to Reply #7

sorry about that Tynnyn.

Kaz (Guest)Mon 12-Aug-02 06:18 PM

#8594, "hmmm"
In response to Reply #0

Probably my favorite scion. Sorry to see you go after putting so much effort in.

Kaz.

Cercanopuno (Guest)Tue 13-Aug-02 11:15 PM

#8595, "RE: hmmm"
In response to Reply #2

Always liked having you eye against the village sneak team, anyhow, well played. Hope you have fun with your next.

-cerc-

Karhon (Guest)Mon 12-Aug-02 04:47 PM

#8596, "It's a shame we never had that talk in the Inn..."
In response to Reply #0

When you told me how old you were last night, I basically knew there was no way we'd get the chance. I honestly enjoyed interacting with you, what little we did. It's good to see a scion age delete. Shows dedication.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8571 Previous topic | Next topic