Subject: "(DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8543
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 12-Aug-02 12:05 AM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8543, "(DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques"

Mon Aug 12 02:04:01 2002

4 o''clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Old Forces on the Theran calendar Malgaris perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:invoker
Level:46
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:221
PK Ratio:85% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I guess I did miss a few farewells.., Malgaris (Guest), 12-Aug-02 06:00 PM, #19
Reply RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques, Malgaris (Guest), 12-Aug-02 12:15 AM, #1
     Reply You were my favorite Scion..., Falax (Guest), 12-Aug-02 01:05 AM, #2
     Reply RE: You were my favorite Scion..., Malgaris (Guest), 12-Aug-02 05:30 PM, #16
          Reply Uhm..there aren't 220 hours in less than a week. 24 x 7..., Vladamir, 12-Aug-02 07:49 PM, #20
     Reply RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques, doriah (Guest), 12-Aug-02 01:58 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques, Ulthur, 12-Aug-02 06:42 AM, #6
          Reply RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques, doriah (Guest), 12-Aug-02 09:50 AM, #8
               Reply Nope, Ulthur, 12-Aug-02 10:25 AM, #9
               Reply RE: Nope, doriah (Guest), 12-Aug-02 11:32 AM, #11
                    Reply RE: Nope, Satrian (Guest), 12-Aug-02 11:38 AM, #12
                         Reply RE: Nope, doriah (Guest), 12-Aug-02 12:11 PM, #13
                              Reply RE: Nope, Satrian (Guest), 12-Aug-02 02:52 PM, #15
               Reply RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques, ORB, 12-Aug-02 10:36 AM, #10
               Reply Zharradam was Displacer. Mijzu was Yeti. I was there. n..., (NOT Graatch), 12-Aug-02 12:52 PM, #14
                    Reply RE: Zharradam was Displacer. Mijzu was Yeti. I was ther..., Malgaris (Guest), 12-Aug-02 05:36 PM, #18
     Reply RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques, warrior (Guest), 12-Aug-02 03:24 AM, #4
     Reply Zharr, as an invoker..., Abernyte, 12-Aug-02 04:18 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Zharr, as an invoker..., Malgaris (Guest), 12-Aug-02 05:33 PM, #17
          Reply RE: Zharr, as an invoker..., Abernyte, 13-Aug-02 02:54 AM, #22
          Reply RE: Zharr, as an invoker..., *ORB* (Guest), 13-Aug-02 05:27 AM, #23
     Reply RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques, Simyar, 12-Aug-02 07:48 AM, #7
     Reply Dam., Dahr (Guest), 12-Aug-02 09:24 PM, #21

Malgaris (Guest)Mon 12-Aug-02 06:00 PM

#8544, "I guess I did miss a few farewells.."
In response to Reply #0

Scion: Apart from the two already mentioned:

Gales, seems you stopped showing up but you were good to have around even though you died a lot

Dranolian, you could have shown me where all the rods were you bastard! I could have used them. Thanks for all the slows, I thought you did an excellent job.

Rhevaen, I'm glad I caught you on a day that you wanted to rank..the only problem was gaining too many ranks before I went to practice. You also caught me experimenting on various spells against foe during a raid. I had no idea(/rough idea) what spell was best against certain races so I simply tried them all. Getting advice from a healer on what to cast was amusing.

Urden, you play your role well I guess/hope. I didn't really like you IC but I gave you credit for that fact.

Ragers:

Valarath ya bugga! I'm glad at the end you couldn't see me because I couldn't be bothered trying to controll fireball/fireball you to death when a) you'd bane most of them b) they'd do MUTILATES and less to you and c) you'd hit me four times a round for MUTILATES.

Nourn you had an uncanny way of getting yourself absolutely decked, then dying. Liked you though, damn spell evasion coupled with spellbane is really nasty for an invoker. That's why I usually ganged you

Uzkar, that really annoyed me when you ran to Thrym I completely forgot about him too. Oh well, I made up for it by killing you infront of your leader, muahaha. Enjoy ragers while they are in power.

Yror, Barponrye, Kirshaw et al, I think I made a Scion mage at the wrong time really.. there were always about 4 ragers in range and all willing to kick the crap out of me. Six shields just doesn't cut it. Without rods I was very hesitant to fight you all. I enjoyed that brawl we had in the White Tower though.

Huraz, you are truly what a rager should be. Nuff said.

Warlocks:

Finduthilas, I remember seeing you as a level 1 and thinking how similar that name is to the mage on Dragonlance. Then I saw you about a day later at level 20 in Warlocks with tome. Then at 33 the next day. Then at 41 the following day. Then 51. Tome must make things so easy..I was willing to trade you 2 thin silver bracelets for one tome but you refused. Biotch.

Maaedt, you look like you are really struggling with this character. I was Tvakos also, when you kept greasing me in the white tower and I kept killing you. Get to 38 already, shields are good.

Imander, counter is almost as bad a spellbane. Each spell I'd cast on you when you raided was doing four MUTILATES back to me. Meaning it'd have been better for me to not cast anything and just lash. Oh well, I guess taking your Grumoire would have solved that problem.

Sylvan: Found you more annoying than anything. If you don't want me practicing in Prosimy then suggest a better place.

Entropy:

Banshio, I doubt you'll be a baron for much longer, infact I doubt you and Kono will be granted access much longer. Permagrouping was outlawed ages ago. I was going to enjoy walking about improved invis and kill you in quicksand with a striped rod but that never eventuated did it.

Random people:

Amora, you're a good player and you know it. Neither of us were ever going to be able to kill the other. We just had to accept that fact. Liked your playing style though.

Kor-something Orc guy. Felt bad for multikilling you at the end but I had to boost my PK ratio. Same goes for Sarendylson.

Malgaris (Guest)Mon 12-Aug-02 12:15 AM

#8545, "RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques"
In response to Reply #0

Well, what can I say? This was my second invoker ever and my first one was back in '96. I started this invoker not knowing anything about them really, knew no wand/rod locations, and still don't know how to beat a rager. Spellbane is sick. At one stage I had 18 spells in a row baned back at me with deathblows. I certainly didn't delete because of this though.. I had a lot of fun going around improved invis and killing people 9 ranks lower.. but I guess it gets boring. I tried to spruse things up by praying to Valguarnera but he was unresponsive. The Chasm numbers were falling and I was basically the only one around. That didn't bother me either really. I never defended (sorry Doriah) 85% PK ratio is alright I guess considering I died a lot a low levels. Invokers are really boring for the first 150 hrs though. They are good from 150-200 hours, then they get boring again. No I didn't die at the end, I stood at market square, yelled that everyone should come, and then rem all drop all'ed. A level 1 got it all muahaha

Farewells:

Dahr and Falax: Liked you both and you both have it rough with the numbers against you.

Uhm, that's about it really..

I just had to try an invoker before I left.

Past Characters: Augustus, Trodden, Crewso, Vidar, Richard, Palan, Adrigondra, Hakansash, Deknash, Sihesar, Zharradam, Pierache, Raag, Imhotep, and many, many, many, many, many more.

Falax (Guest)Mon 12-Aug-02 01:05 AM

#8564, "You were my favorite Scion..."
In response to Reply #1

For many reasons. At first I loathed you...you would practice all the time and never offer shields or anything when we were struggling against the village. Then when you got your mastery out of the way, I realized that you were awesome. When you were around, I didn't have that sense of despair that usually accompanies my play time. You knew what you were doing, and how to win, and I had a lot of respect for that.

When I heard that I was annoying you, that time you left me to group with Kanawha, I was truly upset OOC because I looked up to you. Now who's left? Just Dahr and I, for the most part. Sigh.

I wish you hadn't done this.

Malgaris (Guest)Mon 12-Aug-02 05:30 PM

#8565, "RE: You were my favorite Scion..."
In response to Reply #2

<i>For many reasons. At first I loathed you...you would practice all the time and never offer shields or anything when we were struggling against the village. Then when you got your mastery out of the way, I realized that you were awesome. When you were around, I didn't have that sense of despair that usually accompanies my play time. You knew what you were doing, and how to win, and I had a lot of respect for that.</i>

Well, invokers involve a lot of time as you know. I shouldn't have joined Scion until I was about 40 and had a full set of spells. I wrote my note at around 25 and just left it at that, then Urden speaks to me out of the blue about a week later and said that I was patient and that I should come to the Chasm. He inducts me, even though I didn't really want him to yet ( ) and I spend the next 100 hours or so trying to master spells in far off places while defending, it got quite annoying. People (not you) would say 'Shield me?' I'd feel like saying 'F-ING LET ME GET THEM FIRST!'. So if I was a bit dismissive at first, that is probably why.

<i>When I heard that I was annoying you, that time you left me to group with Kanawha, I was truly upset OOC because I looked up to you. Now who's left? Just Dahr and I, for the most part. Sigh.
</i>

I'd probably been MUDing for 30 hours straight and had every right to be annoyed at everyone because it took me about 10 hours to get the last few percent on nova. It was on 98% for (and I'm not shitting you, I ended up praying about it at the end) 6 hours without moving. You're a good guy Falax and glad you were on my side. Keep truckin' it.

<i>I wish you hadn't done this.
</i>

Sorry Falax, but it had to be done. I racked up 220+ hours in less than a week, which was intentional, because I knew deep down that if I could delete an invoker with seven shields and two masteries then there was no hope for me in the future. We made a good team though even though we didn't exploit it enough. You take the blows, I rip people up. I just couldn't do anything against ragers. Valarath was 6 ranks lower and he baned everything. Nourn was at one stage 9 ranks lower and I couldn't get many off on him either. I gave up trying to cast on hero ragers in the end. It's really hard to out hit a rager with an invoker since every spell came back at you for a *DEMO or *DEV.

VladamirMon 12-Aug-02 07:49 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#8566, "Uhm..there aren't 220 hours in less than a week. 24 x 7..."
In response to Reply #16

n/t

doriah (Guest)Mon 12-Aug-02 01:58 AM

#8553, "RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques"
In response to Reply #1

if you were zharradam then I can say I expected a helluva lot more outta the one that got the yeti and all. i HATED fighting that yeti.

Conjurers are not that great, I know so many things I could do.. maladictions, sick twisted things, that most people dont know about.
I just recently, finally, learned the location of wither, noone say a thing, so that is really the only thing I use. heh. So with this, it shouldnt be too hard to kill me, especially with an invoker. Ask urden, he is a beast against me.

With most of you, if you just stick together like back in the day, ##### when scions were in power, before just recently, you did it all the time, now you aer breaking up and dying. ahh.

anyway, now there are only two scions left who log on for any length of time that does not jump the urden train.. what is left of it anyway. hehe. Alaenyth and Varlys.. varlys is dying fast though. You did have the guts to stick around and fight some, I give you props for that.
##### being up for a day and a half.. think I am going to bed.
bye

UlthurMon 12-Aug-02 06:42 AM
44 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8554, "RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques"
In response to Reply #3

Zharradam was a displacer beast. If my memory serves, it would have torn the yetti a new one.

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

doriah (Guest)Mon 12-Aug-02 09:50 AM

#8555, "RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques"
In response to Reply #6

no.. when arolin and zharradam were running around as the enforcers of the tower, zharradam was definately the yeti.
the displacer beast was another that came up the ranks when they were gettin pretty old.
i fought the displacer beast as two characters, it wasnt that hard to kill. Now that wolverine, killed me every time.

UlthurMon 12-Aug-02 10:25 AM
44 posts
#8559, "Nope"
In response to Reply #8

Zharradam was definitley the displacer beast. I had a rager hero with Ghim, and it used to kill four or five of us at once, and leave without being very hurt. Maybe someone had the form later, and they toned it down? The yeti was Mijzu, or Mizju, or something like that.

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

doriah (Guest)Mon 12-Aug-02 11:32 AM

#8560, "RE: Nope"
In response to Reply #9

heh, me too. ##### I ranked with ghim before he was leader and all.. it was the yeti that con killed me. The lich didnt help. But still, I was always seeing them two together, yeti and arolin.. oh well. Displacer beast never did do much against me hmm.. odd that it was that fierce.
oh well.. my mistake

Satrian (Guest)Mon 12-Aug-02 11:38 AM

#8561, "RE: Nope"
In response to Reply #11

Hey Doriah, from ranking up while Arolin and Zhar were in power, Zhar had the displacer beast. Mitzju (spelling?) who was the leader after me had the yeti. Also, by the time the yeti was around, Arolin (the character) was long gone.

Satrian

doriah (Guest)Mon 12-Aug-02 12:11 PM

#8562, "RE: Nope"
In response to Reply #12

well sheesh. Do you know how long ago that was?
hehe. oh well.
I remember satrian.. the name at least..
wasnt it an empire muter?
god.. my memory sucks.
except with my villager at the time, I usually had warders because i was still pretty new. heh.
damn you kah for keeping killing my characters.
damn you taceoleus for making half-elves a lesser race in the eyes of the empire, while I had a half-elf.
damn you wolverine for killing my one character that had both unicorn pendants and both rings of regeneration and a cube of force..

Satrian (Guest)Mon 12-Aug-02 02:52 PM

#8563, "RE: Nope"
In response to Reply #13

I was a transmuter Lion leader of Masters for a little while at least. Best moment that I can recall from playing Satrian was raiding the village, arriving late to have Ghim flee out from the battle at the destructor into me. Of course, since I was prepping, I was in human form...attacked anyway and hit him for one mauls that killed him First time I fought against Ghim as Satrian (and the fact that I he was a friend irl made it even funnier) hehe, ah the good ole days of masters.

Satrian

ORBMon 12-Aug-02 10:36 AM
993 posts
#8558, "RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques"
In response to Reply #8

Trust me Zhar was the displacer beast. Mitzu the one armed was the Yeti and he came later on.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

Graatch (inactive user)Mon 12-Aug-02 12:52 PM
Charter member
#8556, "Zharradam was Displacer. Mijzu was Yeti. I was there. n..."
In response to Reply #8

n/t

Malgaris (Guest)Mon 12-Aug-02 05:36 PM

#8557, "RE: Zharradam was Displacer. Mijzu was Yeti. I was ther..."
In response to Reply #14

Why didn't you get a form Graatch? Maybe that photo with the toilet roll next to the computer had something to do with it Well, I was really starting to feel the pain of your last 2% on shapeshifting through this character. Some spells wouldn't move and I went default affinity. Nova was the worst, closely followed by drown.

warrior (Guest)Mon 12-Aug-02 03:24 AM

#8552, "RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques"
In response to Reply #1

I was looking forward to clash with you again now that you had reached my range again. Do you remember the time you chased me into Thryms?

You were skilled and fast, but i had fun even though i got shafted often. Good luck on the next one.

AbernyteMon 12-Aug-02 04:18 AM
973 posts
#8548, "Zharr, as an invoker..."
In response to Reply #1

YOU SUCKED!

-----Abernyte

P.S. almost as bad as my mages, whenever they happen.

Malgaris (Guest)Mon 12-Aug-02 05:33 PM

#8549, "RE: Zharr, as an invoker..."
In response to Reply #5

I'm getting old, I'm allowed to suck. Ask Nepenthe!

In all seriousness, I didn't die once I got into hero range but at the same time, I didn't kill many people either. I couldn't do diddly against ragers. Invokers are pants against them. At least I didn't die to a big, hairy scotsman!

AbernyteTue 13-Aug-02 02:54 AM
973 posts
#8551, "RE: Zharr, as an invoker..."
In response to Reply #17

You dont know how close you were though

-----Abernyte

*ORB* (Guest)Tue 13-Aug-02 05:27 AM

#8550, "RE: Zharr, as an invoker..."
In response to Reply #17

Pants? I guess that's an aussie saying? You could have always ice needled them to death. Thought you would have went out wih a bigger bang, but good luck quitting.

SimyarMon 12-Aug-02 07:48 AM
0 posts
#8547, "RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques"
In response to Reply #1

You never got up to playing with the big boys. I was waiting for you to come in range. I wanted to give you a welcome to the big leagues, but you never made it. Ah well, thats how life goes sometimes. Yeah, I know you could fight some heroes, but you couldn't fight all of us.

Simyar

Dahr (Guest)Mon 12-Aug-02 09:24 PM

#8546, "Dam."
In response to Reply #1

Sorry to see you go. You knew what you were doing.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8543 Previous topic | Next topic