Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Gahdak Ember the Mountain of Flames..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #81469
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 15-Jun-09 08:56 PM
Member since 19th May 2024
16858 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81469, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Gahdak Ember the Mountain of Flames, Beast of Battle"

Mon Jun 15 20:52:46 2009

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Gahdak perished, never to return.

Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:206

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Gahdak Ember the Mountain of Fl..., Lornkanamas (Guest), 16-Jun-09 11:18 AM, #15
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Gahdak Ember the Mountain of Fl..., Pojoyeh (Guest), 16-Jun-09 02:37 AM, #8
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Gahdak Ember the Mountain of Fl..., Taichabel (Guest), 16-Jun-09 12:21 AM, #6
Reply Oh yea..., Taichabel (Guest), 16-Jun-09 01:36 AM, #7
     Reply Thanks!, N b M (Guest), 16-Jun-09 04:26 PM, #17
Reply Woah, Gahdak (Guest), 15-Jun-09 09:16 PM, #2
Reply Knew it was you NbM., Aeinrez (Guest), 15-Jun-09 10:57 PM, #3
Reply Respected you more then you know., Adeglicfh (Guest), 15-Jun-09 11:12 PM, #4
Reply Ditto., Malakhi (Guest), 15-Jun-09 11:30 PM, #5
Reply You truly were a beast!, Arrna (Guest), 16-Jun-09 02:59 AM, #9
Reply RE: Woah, HammerSong, 16-Jun-09 09:34 AM, #10
Reply RE: Woah, N b M (Guest), 16-Jun-09 04:24 PM, #16
     Reply Was that the wolf?, Dakazhul (Guest), 16-Jun-09 06:16 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Was that the wolf?, Susu (Guest), 16-Jun-09 09:27 PM, #19
     Reply RE: Woah, Shifter. (Guest), 16-Jun-09 11:05 PM, #20
Reply Hey man, you were awesome, Bartis (Guest), 16-Jun-09 09:41 AM, #11
Reply RE: Woah, Lohik (Guest), 16-Jun-09 09:55 AM, #12
Reply Beastful Char, Dolce (Guest), 16-Jun-09 10:19 AM, #13
Reply Farewell, Gahdak Ember., Woldrun (Guest), 16-Jun-09 11:13 AM, #14
Reply Just a couple small things, Byren (Guest), 16-Jun-09 11:39 PM, #21
Reply RE: Woah, Yean, 17-Jun-09 12:06 AM, #22
Reply RE: Woah, Kale (Guest), 17-Jun-09 12:09 PM, #23
Reply Much Respect nt, Dierj (Guest), 17-Jun-09 04:09 PM, #24
Reply Me'n pops sure did like ya., Iunna, 17-Jun-09 09:03 PM, #25
Reply You plowed through con fast!, Ghrummin (Guest), 15-Jun-09 09:07 PM, #1

Lornkanamas (Guest)Tue 16-Jun-09 11:18 AM

#81526, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Gahdak Ember the Mountain of Fl..."
In response to Reply #0

We did not interact too much, but I enjoyed the times we did. You stuck to those honor guns and it seemed you would truly never try to kill me unless I was healing up one of the Maran. I remember this time when I sat outside the guild in Voralian, you surprised the helloutta me, completely off guard. You had the perfect opp to destroy me. You just came to me, snorted, and left. Very cool. When I would see someone I needed to aid fighting you, I would always sigh in regret. But Gahdak knew it was my job and we began a bit of mutual respect at the time, in game. Was hoping to deepen our RP in that way, but I will be around a long, long time, so maybe on your next char.

Pojoyeh (Guest)Tue 16-Jun-09 02:37 AM

#81503, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Gahdak Ember the Mountain of Fl..."
In response to Reply #0

Enjoyed our fights. Was looking forward to more confrontations, I guess we play at very different times since I hardly saw you a ghost much when I was about. GLWYN.

Taichabel (Guest)Tue 16-Jun-09 12:21 AM

#81491, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Gahdak Ember the Mountain of Fl..."
In response to Reply #0

Good character, not sure how many times we fought, but you seem to tear up my crocodile regardless of its regen. One thing I will say about all the Villagers, they are great enemies to have. They always keep coming and are relentless, but make for interesting logins.

Taichabel (Guest)Tue 16-Jun-09 01:36 AM

#81499, "Oh yea..."
In response to Reply #6

That time in the Island, when you spared me when i lost connection tells me what a class act you are. I seen...Gahdak has arrived. Then my UPS: *beep* while my PC stayed on, my DSL modem wasn't on the battery back up. Fully expected to log back in at the pit, in fact first command after connecting back was stand, and boy was I surprised to see..you are already standing. Its players that do stuff like that that outshines out the griefers anyday and make this game worth coming back to.

Which that kinda thing of seems pretty common among most of the Villagers.

N b M (Guest)Tue 16-Jun-09 04:26 PM

#81548, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #7

I try to treat people like I hope to be treated in return.

Yes it is an rp game, it is its own little world, your enemies need to die and loose their shinies to fullfill your own rp.

But at the end of the day its a game and an escape, why try to ruin it for other people when I hope they get as much enjoyment out of it as I do.

Anyway, I started that fight with an impale and almost put you down in two rounds, you didn't do a thing so I ripped out of there with a flee just in time, good thing I missed the impale too cause you would have probably bled out!

keep rocking on.

Gahdak (Guest)Mon 15-Jun-09 09:16 PM

#81472, "Woah"
In response to Reply #0

Well that was an awesome ride, but man do I need to start rolling cookie cutters, for some reason I have this fixation with putting together characters that Shouldn't work, but somehow in the end they usually do. Gahdak was a blast and this combination was great, I could get back on my feet with just my trusty tree and some ragesteel. Interacted with hella people through out the course of his 200 hours (seems like way more), a lot of awesome people playing the game lately, and then there are a couple real dbags that try to ruin it for everyone. My advice is to just avoid these people and if you can't, well, best them and try to show them that respect can be fun too, not everyone needs to be stripped to prove a point and not every fight has to be in a group of 3+ to have fun.

Anyway, goodbyes (gonna be short and sweet, I apologize but the wife is harassing me to watch a movie with her)

Iunna! Holy crap, your religion is great, and I would have completely missed out on it if it wasn't for the comeback quest for Thror and us coming to your shrine, that totally just opened the door and to find a religion in that way (instead of writing a role around an imm's religion) is completely fullfilling. Sorry I went out so soon but tonite just wore on me and that was that

Thror, Ugh! sorry I let you down, but thank you for that completely random appearance out of no where and the sudden driving interaction, all you imm's take note, this is what is thrilling and fun.

Woldrun, Keep kicking man, keep on kicking, words can't express.

Malakhi, Lohik, Kale, You guys were Gahdak's best friends, all three of you influenced the growth of the character in many ways, thanks for rocking. Malakhi you better get Drillmaster, you or Ghrummin, (imho you should have got it in the first place, #### susu and her beak)

young villagers, keep on trucking, don't let the dbags get you down.

Dolce, you were great, sorry I con died man, our continued talks were getting interesting. Bring some positive influence.

Same for you Mummy, bring that good influence, your vindicator sure isn't.

Loved fighting the nexans, you guys and your damned defensive forms (Komodo dragon gave me hell), I could generally take all of your offensive forms out, but man, those healing forms.

Arrna, dude, I liked interacting with you and Humbert the most of all out of any fortressite in a long time. Reign in your paladins though bud, some of them piss on the 'code' and it just is hurtful to watch.

Ugh! wifes giving me dirty looks.

Sulzaen, I absolutely love interracting with and fighting you, you were glorious fun to be around (side note, please please please for the love of god, Learn how to use the shift key!)

Yeah, running out of time, I always hated how people would say write to me and I will respond, so screw that.

If you don't want to say something don't worry, I enjoyed all the positive interractions (and even some of the negative as long as they were in character) I had with almost everybody and am not so much forgetting people as just being lazy.

Rock on, I am gonna roll up something else that shouldn't work sometime soon.

NbM (Chris)

Aeinrez (Guest)Mon 15-Jun-09 10:57 PM

#81477, "Knew it was you NbM."
In response to Reply #2

Good, tough as nails character. I hope it was the RP when you constantly complained I wouldn't fight you alone. It really cracked me up that you would rout me solo then complain I wouldn't come die to you.

I love me some fire berserkers, so great job. I really thought your combo was intesting too (goddamn stun and trapping + pugil).

Adeglicfh (Guest)Mon 15-Jun-09 11:12 PM

#81478, "Respected you more then you know."
In response to Reply #2

I really had respect for you, and was really pissed about the mistake made, not that you died from it or anything, and wasn't about how I got punished, but the fact I did it to you, who I respected as player and as a villager. You were deadly, I knew when fighting you it was either get the sleep off or a forget.. Either way I had to land that opening spell. or just retreat heal and repeat.

Can't to see your next.. maybe a Tribunal?

Malakhi (Guest)Mon 15-Jun-09 11:30 PM

#81479, "Ditto."
In response to Reply #2

Really liked Gahdak. It's sad with you and Susubienko passing in the same day. It's like all the "old school" guys I came up with are now gone. Good times.

Good job, Man. I can't remember us ever playing on the same side before, but again I really liked Gahdak.

Arrna (Guest)Tue 16-Jun-09 02:59 AM

#81505, "You truly were a beast!"
In response to Reply #2

Our first fight though, was soooo awesome. SO much luck on my part.

Anyways, I enjoyed our interactions. When I learned you were one of Iunna's as well, I tagged down a bit on hunting you. Leaving it for when I ran into you. (Or when none else were online and I was bored in RL.)

About those paladins etc... That's the hard thing about the fortress... I can get one million complains about a paladin from enemies and what not. SO? Who am I going to trust? My evil enemy or my goodly paladin who follows a code and "shouldn't" lie?

That makes the choice easy in 100% of the situations, as I must always trust the good guy. BUT, it really sucks when you have an OOC feeling that the paladin is just full of crap. That goes for other goodies as well. That's what I find the hardest of leading the fortress...

Good luck with your next!

HammerSongTue 16-Jun-09 09:34 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
679 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81518, "RE: Woah"
In response to Reply #2

Woldrun lost a very dependable, capable Barbarian this day.

While I don't necessarily agree with the way you went out, I will say that you played a big role in rekindling "addictive-like" habits with this game.

You had a great sense of RP that made you a lovable character but you could also erupt into volcanic fury given the right circumstances. You were competant with PK while also true to the core principles of Battle.

Our interactions were great, although the ones with Iunna definately had more substance. Thanks for making those efforts.

On another note (and I would like your perspective). It seems like there is so many instances of non-looting that when you are full-looted it almost seems traumatic to characters. Do you think that the expectation that your enemy will not or should not loot your corpse has a significant impact on RAGE deletes?

It seems like you went on a bit of a suicidal rampage when you got full looted. It took away from a great character.

N b M (Guest)Tue 16-Jun-09 04:24 PM

#81547, "RE: Woah"
In response to Reply #10

>>On another note (and I would like your perspective). It seems like there is so many instances of non-looting that when you are full-looted it almost seems traumatic to characters. Do you think that the expectation that your enemy will not or should not loot your corpse has a significant impact on RAGE deletes?

Dude, I fully expect to get full looted when killed, especially near the village, it wasn't really that that drove me up the wall. More so it was the circumstances behind one of the two characters whom came at me, didn't earn a thing, and proceeded to talk poo. More on that when they delete, but I was pretty well disgusted by how that all went down and the weeks leading up to it, what I would see from an obviously off played char.

Anyway, thanks for everything!

Dakazhul (Guest)Tue 16-Jun-09 06:16 PM

#81552, "Was that the wolf?"
In response to Reply #16

The last one in the battlefield wasn't necessary obviously, I had no idea you were so close to con-death. Even when he swooped in on you, I think I would have had you there in the forest regardless as the horde was tracking you. Anyways there were a couple of times when you nailed me unprepped with a deathblow pugil that literally took of 700 hps, which is about 3/4 of a hero Orc hps. Hopefully no hard feelings, Orcs get shafted pretty hard by pretty much every Susubienko out there who just wants to rack up some easy kills, its why Orcs and Battle are always fighting... some of them just think easy pks.

- Chieftain Out

Susu (Guest)Tue 16-Jun-09 09:27 PM

#81569, "RE: Was that the wolf?"
In response to Reply #18

Uh, you attack me, you think I'm not going to kill you back?

Don't go blaming anyone but yourself for your deaths pal. You want to make me and the village in general an enemy, that's your choice. Don't whine about it when you pay the price.

Shifter. (Guest)Tue 16-Jun-09 11:05 PM

#81576, "RE: Woah"
In response to Reply #16

Just would like to point out that your version of the events is wrong.

I killed you, and didn't say anything. You sent me some tell like "Seriously??" then told me that I couldn't kill you alone. I acknowledged that I couldn't kill you alone then you called me pathetic and put me on ignore. Feel free to post the log.

I'm not sure how I "didn't earn a thing". Your character would beat mine in a straight up fight over 99% of the time. Luckily, there's more to CF than arena style battles.

I feel like there's a disturbing trend that if there is someone you killed a lot, but they never/rarely killed you, they were a "challenging, favorite enemy to fight", and if someone killed you a few times and took some of your stuff they are the scum of the earth. I'd wager the mummy who you said you respected as an enemy probably killed you less than twice.

Bartis (Guest)Tue 16-Jun-09 09:41 AM

#81519, "Hey man, you were awesome"
In response to Reply #2

Gahdak was one of my favorite villagers. We got to spend more time around each other as younger villagers, but, you still made a huge impression on Bartis and all I can say is fantastic work. You truely were a Beast!

Lohik (Guest)Tue 16-Jun-09 09:55 AM

#81520, "RE: Woah"
In response to Reply #2

I had a feeling this was coming, just didn't expect it so soon. Really enjoyed Gahdak - you definitely lived up to your title.

It's a bummer to see you go, not really sure what else to say!

GLWYN!

Dolce (Guest)Tue 16-Jun-09 10:19 AM

#81524, "Beastful Char"
In response to Reply #2

Your RP was great, you were a monster to fight, and you were willing to converse with me (one of your enemies) regarding any number of things.

I think IC and OOC we share alot of the same mentalities, and it was an honor playing with you.

Woldrun (Guest)Tue 16-Jun-09 11:13 AM

#81525, "Farewell, Gahdak Ember."
In response to Reply #2

Very good char. Great berserker. I find that I almost always like an NbM-played char, be it enemy or ally. I think we both play the game in much the same way.

Sorry I was apparently completely oblivious to your impending con-death, while trying to organize the thing(s) that I've been dealing with. Then again, Woldrun would've wanted to talk you out of being suicidal or whatever you were, and it sounded like you sorta just wanted the char to be done, so maybe it isn't such a bad thing that I was oblivious.

Good luck with the next!

Byren (Guest)Tue 16-Jun-09 11:39 PM

#81579, "Just a couple small things"
In response to Reply #2

I didn't like you with my last villager, and I didn't
like you with this villager. At no point have I crossed
the IC border, but even starting with a clean slate,
there were too many instances where you simply let the
player supercede the character, and act like a total child.

All I can say is, Spanking your ass in the circle of
rights and killing you at 100% hp's when it was said
and done, made everything worth it.

I thought you had a nice character, a nice build, I
even recommended your for Drillmaster over Susubienko,
but after seeing how you would act the moment you thought
OMG I'm RIGHT YOUR WRONG!!!! and then getting it stuffed
back in your face with nothing more than bash, was priceless.

GLWYN, but try not to be such a #### next time.

YeanWed 17-Jun-09 12:06 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#81583, "RE: Woah"
In response to Reply #2

Didn't get to watch you a whole lot, but props to a good char..I liked what I saw.

Kale (Guest)Wed 17-Jun-09 12:09 PM

#81599, "RE: Woah"
In response to Reply #2

Once again great job. Was a blast runnning with you, hope we end up on the same team again. I learned some stuff from you and think you learned a few things from me, so that was good too. Good luck with the next.

Dierj (Guest)Wed 17-Jun-09 04:09 PM

#81623, "Much Respect nt"
In response to Reply #2

nt

IunnaWed 17-Jun-09 09:03 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
#81632, "Me'n pops sure did like ya."
In response to Reply #2

You did burn through the con pretty fast, but I'm glad we got the
chance to interact and do all that good stuff. I definitely thought
you were a pretty cool character and sorry about not getting the
chance to do your backstory stuff you were hoping for.

Your Song:
Oh she knows
She takes his hand
And prays the child will understand
At the door they watch the men go by
In the clothes that daddy wore

Mother's pride
Baby boy
His father's eyes
He's a soldier waiting for war
Time will come
He'll hold a gun
His father's son

-George Michael, Mother`s Pride

Ghrummin (Guest)Mon 15-Jun-09 09:07 PM

#81470, "You plowed through con fast!"
In response to Reply #0

Shamanman?

Such a steady presence in the Village. I loved our duels (especially the ones I won). That's also an incredibly effective combo.

Come back again!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #81469 Previous topic | Next topic