Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rhaehen Mouening the Master of..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #81343
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 13-Jun-09 05:48 PM
Member since 15th May 2024
16851 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81343, "(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rhaehen Mouening the Master of Binding"

Sat Jun 13 17:47:38 2009

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Rhaehen perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:conjurer
Level:41
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:238

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I liked you from what I saw, Nian, 15-Jun-09 05:07 PM, #19
Reply RE: I liked you from what I saw, Habbs, 15-Jun-09 05:26 PM, #20
     Reply That's only partially what I mean, Nian, 16-Jun-09 12:49 PM, #22
          Reply RE: That's only partially what I mean, Habbs, 16-Jun-09 01:56 PM, #23
Reply We had a lot of good interactions., Aeinrez (Guest), 14-Jun-09 09:36 PM, #16
Reply RE: We had a lot of good interactions., Habbs, 15-Jun-09 05:28 PM, #21
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rhaehen Mouening the Maste..., Susu (Guest), 14-Jun-09 04:52 PM, #12
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rhaehen Mouening the Maste..., Habbs, 14-Jun-09 05:36 PM, #13
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rhaehen Mouening the Maste..., Liethkim (Guest), 14-Jun-09 11:08 AM, #8
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rhaehen Mouening the Maste..., Habbs, 14-Jun-09 11:25 AM, #9
Reply It was fun, and I'll likely be back with the same type ..., Habbs, 14-Jun-09 09:38 AM, #4
Reply From my point of view you were too much obsessed with y..., Dervish, 14-Jun-09 05:39 PM, #14
     Reply Probably, Habbs, 14-Jun-09 05:54 PM, #15
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rhaehen Mouening the Maste..., Elenia (Guest), 14-Jun-09 08:48 AM, #3
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rhaehen Mouening the Maste..., Habbs, 14-Jun-09 09:41 AM, #5
     Reply Awesome! Here's some help!, Elenia (Guest), 14-Jun-09 12:01 PM, #10
          Reply this no longer works txt, Artificial, 14-Jun-09 01:45 PM, #11
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rhaehen Mouening the Maste..., Castiel (Guest), 13-Jun-09 09:34 PM, #2
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rhaehen Mouening the Maste..., Habbs, 14-Jun-09 09:44 AM, #6
Reply The delete your fortress day sure is rolling..., Arrna (Guest), 13-Jun-09 09:11 PM, #1
     Reply RE: The delete your fortress day sure is rolling..., Habbs, 14-Jun-09 09:54 AM, #7
          Reply RE: The delete your fortress day sure is rolling..., Fortplayer (Guest), 14-Jun-09 09:45 PM, #17
               Reply RE: The delete your fortress day sure is rolling..., Habbs, 14-Jun-09 10:08 PM, #18

NianMon 15-Jun-09 05:07 PM
Member since 05th Jun 2009
77 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#81453, "I liked you from what I saw"
In response to Reply #0

But the main thought was: Wow, he's STILL level 36?

I think you wasted a lot of (non-sleek) opportunities. One piece of advice: if you're stuck, ask!

The Fortress is the best Cabal for that, and I should know

Anyway, see you with the next!

HabbsMon 15-Jun-09 05:26 PM
Member since 06th Mar 2008
198 posts
#81454, "RE: I liked you from what I saw"
In response to Reply #19

Lol, yeah, I know a lot of people thought I was level sitting, and I got some comments from enemies on it, but I was almost 100% trying to explore that whole time, and I think the only time I grouped in that span was a random time to hunt or defend against a group. I regretted doing it looking back, and is most of the reason I deleted...all the wasted time and loss of con with nothing to show for it.

I thought I did ask (felt like too much), but now that you mention it, I guess every time I was asking I was specifically asking about the sleek instead of non-sleek barriers until the very end, and then when I did start to ask about them everyone had no clue where to even start looking for those...I still haven't got the faintest on how many of those there could be out there, previously I was under the impression that there were only a small handful and that they were almost never in...prompting the sleek system.

I'm already looking forward to trying another fort conjie. It really suits the playstyle I like....I just need to get better at timing my conjure so that I have the servitors ready to roll for a raid instead of just finishing up as you guys have the codex or scepter

NianTue 16-Jun-09 12:44 PM
Member since 05th Jun 2009
77 posts
#81536, "That's only partially what I mean"
In response to Reply #20
Edited on Tue 16-Jun-09 12:49 PM

I offered to help you (rank) at many times, but you pretty much chose to just sit there. I assume that was the case in general.

Had you been more responsive, I'm sure people would have grabbed you by the arm and said: Let's go find you some sleeks.

HabbsTue 16-Jun-09 01:56 PM
198 posts
#81540, "RE: That's only partially what I mean"
In response to Reply #22

I see what you mean, and didn't intend to come off as sitting on my hands...I just stuck with a foolish notion that with enough patience, exploration, and talking with others I would be able to find them. But a few days of it turned into a few weeks, and then into a good month or more of not letting myself try to rank and beating my head into the landscape of thera trying to test more locations.

I had a pretty good start to this character, and was pretty sure that if I did rank up a lot without barrier that I would get tooled at every turn like I did with Greae by the likes of Djabree, Waris, Satebos, and Kharnial, and that happened even with having barrier when I needed it then. Trying to avoid getting myself into one extreme took me to another I guess.

Aeinrez (Guest)Sun 14-Jun-09 09:36 PM

#81414, "We had a lot of good interactions."
In response to Reply #0

I was always impressed with how you reacted to the bad news of playing CF.

I will say I was worried you'd do the old delete;delete after you got nabbed by the Hamsah guards then assassinated by Susu. I even mentioned it to Ailinilia and a few others trying to keep your morale up.

Good luck with your next.

HabbsMon 15-Jun-09 05:28 PM
198 posts
#81455, "RE: We had a lot of good interactions."
In response to Reply #16

Yeah, that was not a good day. I'd forgotten about the hamsah guard thing and Susu getting me the same timeframe. I knew it pissed the hell out of me OOC at the time that I let it happen by not looking and I made a comment to her about it.

Thanks....sounds like you mostly play evils, so if I go for an evil before my next fortie maybe we will be on the same side again, if not maybe I'll be able to try and face you.

Susu (Guest)Sun 14-Jun-09 04:52 PM

#81399, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rhaehen Mouening the Maste..."
In response to Reply #0

I thought you played a good maran mage. The only thing that piqued me a bit was when you commented after the first time I assassinated you "Good, now you can stop trying and go kill other people" as though somehow you were less a mage than anyone else. It sorta sounded a bit like the player's annoyance, though I could be wrong. Needless to say a mage is a mage is a mage, good neutral or evil, and just because you wouldn't hunt me doesn't mean I wouldn't hunt you, precisely like the marans hunt evil villagers despite evil villagers not hunting marans (nonmage marans that is).

Other than that though, everything I saw and heard I thought was well played. Hope you have more fun with the next. Try a villager. We haven't had a village conjurer in a long time!

GLWYN

HabbsSun 14-Jun-09 05:36 PM
198 posts
#81402, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rhaehen Mouening the Maste..."
In response to Reply #12

Hah, I regretted making a comment as soon as said it, and it was mainly because I was about 15 minutes past deciding to log off and go to bed since it was pushing 2-3 in the morning for me I think.

I didn't hold it against you go come after me ooc of course, but ic he didn't get why. I was really pissed at myself for not checking if you were there before I left and sleepy and annoyed-with-myself were typing before I could reign them in.

You were a persistent one, and actually trained me well in looking for other assassins that I would fight.

Liethkim (Guest)Sun 14-Jun-09 11:08 AM

#81382, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rhaehen Mouening the Maste..."
In response to Reply #0

Aw... Its a pity to see you go like this. One of my previous characters was also barred from that specific area explore, but I managed to still find (risky) ways to worm my way through the heavily guarded front gate. Sleek wands arent the be all and end all, there are plenty of nonsleek ABS that are almost always in. Had I known you were looking, I would've been glad to help you out.

GLWYN!

HabbsSun 14-Jun-09 11:25 AM
198 posts
#81384, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rhaehen Mouening the Maste..."
In response to Reply #8

Yeah, I was looking for the non-sleeks pretty hard in the last days, but was running into brick walls on it. The few I was given information were out each time, or I was looking at the wrong place for the two of them, and one was a neutral mob that I didn't really have much justification killing sporadically to see if it was in.

Would have gladly accepted the help, but I felt bad constantly asking everyone that I cam across if they could help me with it, since I know I pestered a lot of you.

HabbsSun 14-Jun-09 09:38 AM
198 posts
#81377, "It was fun, and I'll likely be back with the same type ..."
In response to Reply #0

I deleted because a sum of a lot of little things, and one big thing, the sleek wand being the latter. I ate a crapload of mob deaths trying to find the sleek black, and reading the thread on gameplay and learning that they could possibly be in area explore areas really got me since there are locations I had no idea where they were still much less how to get around in them. I sucked it up and was going to shift gears and level up more and hit area explores, but then I learned that if you go up to a certain place with a weapon once you are screwed for life, so I figured that if my wand was in there, I was screwed.

I'll be back to the fortress with mostly the same setup, but I probably will go human. The learning rate is really the only perk that I've seen, and that is a tough bill to try to overcome the higher pk range, iron vuln, and lower con. Although sneak is damn nice as well.

I've got a new mage going that I'll use to learn even more locations and I've run course with that and learned some more I'm sure I'll be back and won't waste as much con next time.

Thanks to everyone in Fort, you guys are great and I wish I could have helped more. The ONLY enemy I can recall trying to fight me alone are Dten (excluding ragers I had no reason to fight anyway) as if a healer has much to worry about, and everyone else would run like hell until they had a gank squad that could burn me down. That is why I wanted to sleek black so backly, so I could possibly have enough time to take one of the gankers down with me and make Maran.

I know I probably needed more levels to get looked close at for Maran, but I didn't want to be another guy that leveled to hero and finally got Maran X weeks later just because he "put in his time", I wanted to know I earned it this time by doing well, and if I was going to have to face ganks to do it I was going to need barrier.

Anyway, rambling over. I don't have any specific goodbyes, but will respond to folks that post.

Thanks for the fun all!

DervishSun 14-Jun-09 05:39 PM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#81403, "From my point of view you were too much obsessed with y..."
In response to Reply #4

While you were pretty lucky having amber and sienna in easy spots. This was more than enough to steamroll lots of people.

Be ready for your next char to get worse.

HabbsSun 14-Jun-09 05:54 PM
198 posts
#81405, "Probably"
In response to Reply #14

I didn't have any clue how hard it was going to be to find it. The main problem I ran into was that I thought I could will myself into finding it with keeping at it and it cost me a lot of con and I lost a lot of my role in that because I kept at it too long.

Add to it that all I could ever find for a fight was a gank, and thinking that if I might have had my black I could have stood at least a chance and I burned out on that character.

One thing that probably pushed me to deleteing outside the game was the thread on the gameplay about finding sleeks in area explore places and realizing how much damn con I wasted try to get to spots I'd heard of when there were places like those that I had no chance of being able to get into until I heroed or was led through them by someone that knew the way and how to get around inside.

My next character is another mage, and I'm planning on some cursory checking in easy to get to places, but after that I'm powering to hero and doing some in depth exploring and pulling at the eat of every mage I see to find out what they might know that I don't already.

After that, another Rheahen will probably be reincarnated with new identity, and if I can't find the sleeks I'll just use what I can and go with it. I could have dones the same with this character probably, but I was down to 11 con and burned a lot of trains on it already, so I figured I'd just get a fresh start and use a character I can kill every mob that moves to find stuff with.

Elenia (Guest)Sun 14-Jun-09 08:48 AM

#81375, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rhaehen Mouening the Maste..."
In response to Reply #0

Hiya Rhaehen. Thanks for the sleek rod information, it's really a huge boon to have someone tell you the locations because most of the time I've passed by places / killed mobs that are supposed to hold wands which are just not assigned to my char. I'd rather be able to learn the entire sleek rod location system with one character instead of over 20+ mage characters.

If you liked conjurer's playstyle, I do suggest you try human conjurer goodie and start pking with the angel at 27. It's brutal enough to kill even rager berserkers if you're geared and prepped. I know I learned a lot about pking from such a character in the past.

HabbsSun 14-Jun-09 09:41 AM
198 posts
#81378, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rhaehen Mouening the Maste..."
In response to Reply #3

Was glad to help, especially with all frustration I felt looking for mine.

I love the playstyle of conjurers...love it. I'll probably do human next time with big time hopes to get my hands on something to give me sneak, since I saw that as a huge help to be able to walk in on someone and have a moment for the servitors to come before attacking. Not sure enough of myself on gear to know if there is just the 1 pieace that can give that though.

Elenia (Guest)Sun 14-Jun-09 12:01 PM

#81385, "Awesome! Here's some help!"
In response to Reply #5

You seem like you want to focus on PK. I very very strongly suggest you go Chaotic Good. There is quite a large difference between chaotic and orderly when using angels. Gear purely for hp/saves, and your defenses will be pretty decent (mainhand parry, shield block) and in Fortress you'll have 25% dam redux against the people you're supposed to fight (free protection).

Don't, don't and don't be tempted by the archon style. It's safe, but it's really too easy for a skilled player to anticipate when it is safe to flee. The angel is different, it can pillar for unspeaks (did it before a few times on my old conjie) and can bash, disarm, etc. Only use the archon if you have some very nasty trick up your sleeve (like elem capsize on someone not flying on the water).

So: Human Chaotic Good (owl is best if you want to kill everyone, including hiders. search on QHCF for jhyrbian's name-generator for conjie pets it will guarantee you the familiar you want). Fortress. And then just ask mages in the Fort for help with wands.

ArtificialSun 14-Jun-09 01:45 PM
Member since 22nd Apr 2008
1180 posts
#81389, "this no longer works txt"
In response to Reply #10

>So: Human Chaotic Good (owl is best if you want to kill
>everyone, including hiders. search on QHCF for jhyrbian's
>name-generator for conjie pets it will guarantee you the
>familiar you want). Fortress. And then just ask mages in the
>Fort for help with wands.

Immortal stated it is now purely random.

Castiel (Guest)Sat 13-Jun-09 09:34 PM

#81365, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rhaehen Mouening the Maste..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, we did not travel much but I really like you, from the time of our first talk! Thank you for recommendation, I had really hard time getting into the Fortress, but you make it easy for me.

I did not understand why did you stay out of hero range, cause with angel you can fight better then me even without sleeks.

HabbsSun 14-Jun-09 09:44 AM
198 posts
#81379, "RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Rhaehen Mouening the Maste..."
In response to Reply #2

I really didn't intentionally stay out of hero range. I king of made a vow to myself IC that I would not intentionally rank up with a group until I found the sleek black, and was foolish to stick to that. I leveled from 35 to 41 completely solo, and mostly through exploration and then finishing off a level when I was up over 50% or more anyhow. I was feeling bad with how many people I turned down to group for learning, but I had a pipe dream for a long time that I could find the black before I got to hero.

Arrna (Guest)Sat 13-Jun-09 09:11 PM

#81362, "The delete your fortress day sure is rolling..."
In response to Reply #0

... I suppose you gave up on your sleeks? You should have heroed and continued to search for them. If nothing else so that you'd learn a few more sleek locations.

Other than that you seemed to be solid. A shame to see you go.

HabbsSun 14-Jun-09 09:54 AM
198 posts
#81380, "RE: The delete your fortress day sure is rolling..."
In response to Reply #1

I'm glad to hear you think I was solid, I totally felt like a waste of skin there towards the end.

The sleek black was the biggest reason, and I completely intended go to hero anyway and learn all I can, but then when I found out I'd inadvertantly locked myself out of one of the area explores that was the last straw when it was the same day that I learned sleeks can be in those areas now.

I used up tons of edge points just before hearing about the sleek attune edges, so that was another frustrating point. I shifted gears back to going for more talks with Padwei, which had been on hold some when I started the sleek search, but I felt like a begger going back to her after so few talks in such a long time. I needed the imm xp for edge points and each pray felt like shaking a tin can on the street.

I was glad to see you get Marshall, and wish I could have made Maran, earning that, instead of getting it given by default after toiling at hero forever was another goal I had and missed out on with this character.

I'll be back with fortress, likely as another conjurer once I do more wand work, hopefully in particular with the non-sleek barriers.

Fortplayer (Guest)Sun 14-Jun-09 09:45 PM

#81415, "RE: The delete your fortress day sure is rolling..."
In response to Reply #7

Don't think you were a waste of skin, I think you tried hard.

Padwei's tough. She doesn't hand out rewards like candy unlike some others.

HabbsSun 14-Jun-09 10:08 PM
198 posts
#81416, "RE: The delete your fortress day sure is rolling..."
In response to Reply #17

>
>Don't think you were a waste of skin, I think you tried hard.
>
>Padwei's tough. She doesn't hand out rewards like candy unlike
>some others.

I have no complaints at all with Padwei, I talked to her once and added stuff to role related to her, she gave me some imm xp for the talk and I assume is who lastnamed me. If I could go back in time I would pick up from right there and do things different and stick to leveling up and talking more with her, as that is right where I started the sleek searching, and it consumed the rest of his life...by the time I looked to abandon it enough time had passed I had kind of left the role behind too much to really get into it again like I would had wanted.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #81343 Previous topic | Next topic