Subject: "(DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #7511
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 08-Jul-02 08:08 PM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7511, "(DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars"

Mon Jul 8 22:07:21 2002

1 o''clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Spring on the Theran calendar Eskelian perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Lawful
Cabal:None, None
Hours:229
PK Ratio:75% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars, MistressZefarah (Guest), 09-Jul-02 03:12 PM, #28
Reply Yah well ...i told you it would be a waste of your time..., Ranger, 09-Jul-02 08:53 AM, #24
Reply y'all just don't know how to play an Astein follower. n..., Marcus_, 09-Jul-02 10:56 AM, #25
     Reply Its not just about followers its with everything, Ranger, 09-Jul-02 01:31 PM, #26
Reply shame. was exciting having a vindicator about, Abernyte, 09-Jul-02 02:55 AM, #16
Reply Chances are :, Eskelian, 09-Jul-02 03:21 AM, #19
Reply You were good up to a point, Curious (Guest), 09-Jul-02 02:15 AM, #15
Reply Well goddam., Larcat, 09-Jul-02 12:13 AM, #14
Reply Good job..., Delebrinduil (Guest), 08-Jul-02 11:16 PM, #12
Reply Pesky spear specs ;)., Eskelian, 10-Jul-02 02:40 PM, #29
Reply RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars, me (Guest), 08-Jul-02 10:03 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars, Eskelian, 08-Jul-02 10:06 PM, #11
Reply RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars, Eskelian. (Guest), 08-Jul-02 08:25 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars, Sheilica (Guest), 08-Jul-02 08:31 PM, #3
Reply You rocked., Eskelian, 08-Jul-02 08:36 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars, Algorvhal, 08-Jul-02 09:02 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars, Eskelian, 08-Jul-02 09:13 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars, Wasarbre (Guest), 08-Jul-02 09:44 PM, #7
Reply Damned it., Rathral (Guest), 08-Jul-02 09:50 PM, #8
Reply Heheheh., Eskelian, 08-Jul-02 09:58 PM, #9
     Reply Bah., Rathral (Guest), 08-Jul-02 11:29 PM, #13
Reply RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars, Lardovian (Guest), 09-Jul-02 02:59 AM, #17
Reply Swell, Deigreck (Guest), 09-Jul-02 03:11 AM, #18
Reply RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars, Orinah (Guest), 09-Jul-02 07:08 AM, #20
Reply RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars, Eskelian, 09-Jul-02 08:37 AM, #23
Reply RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars, Danical (Guest), 09-Jul-02 07:47 AM, #21
Reply Two minor things :, Eskelian, 09-Jul-02 08:14 AM, #22
Reply RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars, Kravidian, 09-Jul-02 02:36 PM, #27
Reply RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars, Brandulir (Guest), 12-Jul-02 05:03 PM, #30
     Reply Ward of blades was a god send., Eskelian, 12-Jul-02 05:15 PM, #31
Reply Why? No text, Beer, 08-Jul-02 08:22 PM, #1

MistressZefarah (Guest)Tue 09-Jul-02 03:12 PM

#7512, "RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars"
In response to Reply #0

Oh well. Eskelian was a sweetheart.

RangerTue 09-Jul-02 08:53 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
11 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7513, "Yah well ...i told you it would be a waste of your time..."
In response to Reply #0

as far as most people are concerned Astein is the imm who turns all the hours on a char into wasted time. Those 229 hours...they are just a waste of time if you have to interact with Astein. Useless imm, from what I have experienced with him and from what others have. He will be unhappy with anything your char is doing/plans to do, and dig until he finds something wrong with you. Even the smallest thing, he will turn it into the end of the world and boot/slay you for it. I would rather play a sphere Honor shifter with Balgrimnr dead and solo rank to 51 than have to spend 1 hour on an Astein char. He doesnt give a damn or put any effort into trying to see where youre trying to go with those 300 hours you put in a char. All Astein cares about is to win the 'biggest dlck' contest. All you get from Astein is a big 'f*ck you for trying'.

Marcus_Tue 09-Jul-02 10:56 AM
681 posts
#7514, "y'all just don't know how to play an Astein follower. n..."
In response to Reply #24

quit whining.

RangerTue 09-Jul-02 01:31 PM
11 posts
#7515, "Its not just about followers its with everything"
In response to Reply #25

i would like to tell you what happened but ill leave it up to Eskelian to do so if he wishes. I'll just say what Astein did is ##### and he knows it...but its like I said...read last 2 sentences of my above post.

AbernyteTue 09-Jul-02 02:55 AM
973 posts
#7516, "shame. was exciting having a vindicator about"
In response to Reply #0

Even if you only came close to catching me, you still made me sit up and pay more attention.

-----Abernyte

EskelianTue 09-Jul-02 03:21 AM
2023 posts
#7517, "Chances are :"
In response to Reply #16

That if I only came close to catching you, it meant that I was too lazy to try . I routinely would have airforms give me heads up, even made it an objective of the character to establish a small network of spies to betray people's locations. If you didn't hide in that fly-only or underwater-only area for hours and hours at a time, chances are our pathes would clash at one point or another. That being said, 99.9% of people head to the same places, cabal HQ's, shrines, remove areas (you know how many people I tracked down to Icewind dale?!?!?!), etc and so forth. It got silly after a bit, and I wonder why they just didn't get the damn flag removed and save themselves the trouble of sitting around hiding for hours at a time. I'm sure a few criminals enjoyed the chase, and there were those that until I reached their range there was no real way for me to keep them in combat or kill them (like Shalven who would routinely school my guards given the opportunity).

Curious (Guest)Tue 09-Jul-02 02:15 AM

#7518, "You were good up to a point"
In response to Reply #0

And that point was when you chased a criminal into the Sands of Sorrow.. killed him.. then spent the next 10 minutes trying to find your way out so you flagged the criminal you just killed for 'aiding other criminals' by you being lost in there allowing the criminals to roam free. That was terrible and cruel. Since then I lost all respect for you as a person.

LarcatTue 09-Jul-02 12:13 AM
495 posts
#7519, "Well goddam."
In response to Reply #0

You had my complete respect. I interacted with you a fair bit with both Widdengrub and Krathar. You can roleplay like a motherf.....

Anyways, well played, sorry I broke character with Krathar that one time. I don't really do that much, and I was embarrassed about it afterwards. Made me take a break (which I'm still on). Realised I was caring too much.

Anyways, you sure can play the damned game.

-Larcat

"New payment options w/ Iron Realms"

Delebrinduil (Guest)Mon 08-Jul-02 11:16 PM

#7520, "Good job..."
In response to Reply #0

Always had my number, heh, except that once we fought without your guards. Well done, and keep the char's coming.
Del

EskelianWed 10-Jul-02 02:40 PM
2023 posts
#7521, "Pesky spear specs ;)."
In response to Reply #12

Yah, spear specs were a bitch. I never perfected my things, and fought you back before my defenses were even mastered, let alone strip/eyejab/disarm. Strip is very hard to get through on spears, and disarming a spear with a sword isn't much better when your disarm is around 80 or so, hehehe. Damn spear specs. Luckily, manacles/shackles sure seemed to make that easier. And yeah, tricking you outside the Inn was pretty mean since I knew you couldn't detect invis at the time, but you wound up causing me to flee anyway .

me (Guest)Mon 08-Jul-02 10:03 PM

#7522, "RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars"
In response to Reply #0

No offense but I'm glad to see you not hero, as I didn't think you deserved it. At all.

EskelianMon 08-Jul-02 10:06 PM
2023 posts
#7523, "RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars"
In response to Reply #10

Desserved hero? Entschuldigung?

Eskelian. (Guest)Mon 08-Jul-02 08:25 PM

#7524, "RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars"
In response to Reply #0

Well, it was fun, my most fun character, right until the end. I put months into this character, defining what I would do. In the end, I had conceived several alliances with various factions, working towards a great epiphany that was, all in all, fucked up by Astein. Of course, I'm not going to go into that. I had thought of perhaps hoping to Imm with this character, in fact had thought up a religion and tattoo and everything. That being said, I won't be returning to the game for a while if at all.

Goodbyes:

Immortals:

Bria : You were awesome, what can I say? I was a bit disappointed when you took Astein's place in making me Vindicator posing as Astein, namely because I think Astein was 10x the ##### for it. That being said, you were probably one of my favorite people to interact with.

Savraeth,Ilraeth : It was interesting, but I never did manage to get back in contact with you folks.

Dugruain : I liked ya, reminded me of a gruff constable through and through.

Trabryn : Shame I didn't get a chance to interact with you, it would have been fun.

Spire : A lot of newbies here, but I tried to be helpful in my own way. If I ever *do* come back, it will not be to the Spire. It was interesting in its own merit, but as you can imagine I've become a bit jaded.

Deigreck : You were great, not much more I can say other then that, was thinking of making you like my right hand man or something of that sort.

Ralio : I have the overpowering belief that I know who you play for some reason. Either way, you weren't doing too bad for someone who is new to the game. Hang in there and tough it out.

I'll respond to the rest on an individual basis if you reply to this post. I'm going to post my role and desc if I can find them here, or tomorrow at work.

Feel free to contact me at Eskelian@hotmail.com, might as well have some use out of that account .

Death_Claw

Sheilica (Guest)Mon 08-Jul-02 08:31 PM

#7540, "RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars"
In response to Reply #2

Sorry to see you go.

Was fun the few times we were grouped. I was looking forward
to seeing you hero.

I know this has been said before but rping dosen't seem
to count for much any more.

Hope to see you back though.

EskelianMon 08-Jul-02 08:36 PM
2023 posts
#7541, "You rocked."
In response to Reply #3

Thanks a lot for the time grouped, you were definately a huge aid. For some reason, every time we went to that mountain someone died, but I don't think I ever died there, heh. Ironic eh? Turned out to be a huge waste of time however even bothering to rank, sorry for that.

Eskelian De'Eventorok, Ex-Vindicator

AlgorvhalMon 08-Jul-02 09:02 PM
0 posts
#7538, "RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars"
In response to Reply #2

I'm sorry to see you delete. I enjoyed our relationship, even when I was flagged. I'm still flagged, actually, and was hoping you'd have leveled enough that we could actually fight. And still be friends.

I thought you were an excellent tribunal and vindicator and all around character. I'm sure you'll be back. And I may email you to hear the whole story.....

EskelianMon 08-Jul-02 09:13 PM
2023 posts
#7539, "RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars"
In response to Reply #5

Yeah, I liked you quite a bit, but Eskelian the character was kind of using you for ranking priviledges . You certainly played a good Maran, and that trap I set up in Galadon with Urden was pretty devious, one of the more devious ones that I can think of to date. Having played a couple paladins before I knew what was going down, so I had a bit of an upper hand in that area. Fighting you would be interesting indeed.

Wasarbre (Guest)Mon 08-Jul-02 09:44 PM

#7537, "RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars"
In response to Reply #2

Damn, that sucks. I was looking forward to seeing you hero. Didnt get to interact much with you, but you had my respect. You'll be back.....muahahaha

Rathral (Guest)Mon 08-Jul-02 09:50 PM

#7534, "Damned it."
In response to Reply #2

Damned it, neighter you nor Lobengula remebered me.
I always figured you were Rathrals friend, and i really appricated the yellow snacks.

You killed me so many times.

The first time I met you at the inn I had you targeted incase you attacked me, friend jacked ranger who had attacked me, and instead of spamming bash ranger, i spammed bash eskelian. I dunno if you remmember that one, but that was my fault.

Next time, you teamed up with Cassliosn, because you thought I was ganging him. After all the times he had gang banged me, the regearing and frustration after he and several friends decided to type the words 'bash rathral' or 'trip rathral' over and over again... I almost got vengeance. I had him convulsing, but I couldnt take both your blows.... I was so close...
(Cassliosn became my bitch by the end of the week tho)

The Next time, I had Faquai on the run. After fighting him with Sanc and Invoker shields on him, I was about to smash him. You killed me, because you thought I would rather die to you than to him.

I'll miss you man. Peace out and luck with next

Remember when we fought Kang? Wow, that sucked.

EskelianMon 08-Jul-02 09:58 PM
2023 posts
#7535, "Heheheh."
In response to Reply #8

I liked Rathral, he was a funny little guy. I killed you because you were a criminal tho, not because I thought you'd rather die to me then him. I killed you because I thought you were running away from Fauqi. I remember that figth with Kang and Fauaqi, it was nasty. In the end I fought Fauaqi later and killed him, and beat on Kang in Hamsah but never did manage to kill him. Good luck becoming a Villager, .

Rathral (Guest)Mon 08-Jul-02 11:29 PM

#7536, "Bah."
In response to Reply #9

You know I would have turned myself in, asked Yeitrai to tell you that I was going to after I got done with Faquai.

Damn elf!

Lardovian (Guest)Tue 09-Jul-02 02:59 AM

#7533, "RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars"
In response to Reply #2

Now this, I did not expect at all I can say. It would have been interesting to see it all unfold but I guess we'll never see that happen now *sigh*

Anyway I think you played a good cop from the little I saw which in truth was not much beside the talks we had.

Good luck and all that

Lardovian

Deigreck (Guest)Tue 09-Jul-02 03:11 AM

#7532, "Swell"
In response to Reply #2

Had fun interacting with you and would have liked to see how things played out a bit more. C'est la vie.

Orinah (Guest)Tue 09-Jul-02 07:08 AM

#7530, "RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars"
In response to Reply #2

Well damn, this does rather blow. Know the story with Astein, ya, have to agree with you, but hey, an imm is an imm, ain't jack to do about it. Had fun with you, shame we didn't remain in each other's range for long, the shackles and swords together with me would have been a blast. As for that taking a break...ya, we all take breaks. We all say "I'm never coming back." and if that were true who would be posting all this crap?

EskelianTue 09-Jul-02 08:37 AM
2023 posts
#7531, "RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars"
In response to Reply #20

You know, I was initially going to flame Astein for the whole thing, but in truth I have the feeling that he'd get a chuckle out of that if anything. My biggest qualm was that he didn't even attempt to roleplay with my character despite countless attempts, instead he'd come down and bust my chops on some irrelevant ##### or another. Ironically when there is nothing to bust chops on, there is always something that you can make up on the spot to suit the situation. He may have been head of debate team and 4.0 in college, but when he gets on CF that little boy who got his ass kicked in highschool shows up. I think Nepenthe mentioned that over the internet people fail to get their asses kicked like they would in real life for screwing people over, and I think that in this scenario it doesn't only apply to players but to certain Immortals as well. I think that's about enough ranting for me, I tried to make the best out of the whole thing for all 229 but every time I tried to get a good entertaining roleplay with Asty all I got was a kick in the ass for bothering. So I think I'll stop wasting my time and move on for the time being.

Danical (Guest)Tue 09-Jul-02 07:47 AM

#7528, "RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars"
In response to Reply #2

Well, I can remember hearing something about you making a new char that I wouldn't like. I remember the first time Danical met you. It was in the freaking chasm of all places. I was sitting there, playing the summon/kill game with some others and you come along and bloody shackles me. Then, if thats not enough, I end up not being able to get out and I'm like. Vindicator who...what, ARGH! DANG IT! I was so ticked, I had never even seen you until that day. And I know you said you were ranking, but i know you could have done more and actually "fought" me. Oh well, I deleted him before I had the chance to summon you to the river. Hey, if you get the chance, I want ot know more about what happened that screwed you up. Can you post it on dioxides?

Aaron

EskelianTue 09-Jul-02 08:14 AM
2023 posts
#7529, "Two minor things :"
In response to Reply #21

1) I hate heroing/ranking. Always have, always will . Was close though, real close.

2) I'm not going to post it, namely because I didn't have the logger on (just woke up from a nap and turned on the comp, was trying to wake up to some CF and left the damn logger off).

Yeah, I always love it when one minute you're like , "Grow up kid, begone.", then about five minutes later you're asking me if you should bother returning for armor .

KravidianTue 09-Jul-02 02:36 PM
0 posts
#7527, "RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars"
In response to Reply #2

I can't believe I let Veissa die to Makivante.

I must be losing it .

Brandulir (Guest)Fri 12-Jul-02 05:03 PM

#7525, "RE: (DEL) Eskelian the General of Unlawful Wars"
In response to Reply #2

I'm still amazed at how crappy you were as a tank . Was cool to have a Vindicator running around, even if it was only for a little while. Someone to actually put a little fear into the criminals. Being a Magistrate is just so damn boring, and even when you flag people, nothing ever comes of it.

Oh well...I thought you did a fine job, good luck with life without CF. (It'll be calling to drag you back in shortly)

EskelianFri 12-Jul-02 05:15 PM
2023 posts
#7526, "Ward of blades was a god send."
In response to Reply #30

Legacies are some good stuff, good times indeed.

BeerMon 08-Jul-02 08:22 PM
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7542, "Why? No text"
In response to Reply #0

no

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #7511 Previous topic | Next topic