Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Ryasyn Elwade the Master Chef of L..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #72264
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 20-Sep-08 01:36 AM
Member since 05th May 2024
16829 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72264, "(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Ryasyn Elwade the Master Chef of Love, Rayihn's Favorite Couturier and Prude"

Sat Sep 20 01:35:26 2008

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Ryasyn perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:503

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply "You age died, bozo.", Ryasyn (Guest), 20-Sep-08 04:10 PM, #7
Reply Great, what the hell did you go and do that for?, Greikyn (Guest), 20-Sep-08 05:15 PM, #11
Reply I did it just to spite you., Ryasyn (Guest), 20-Sep-08 11:18 PM, #18
Reply Thanks, Eiyanna (Guest), 20-Sep-08 06:01 PM, #12
Reply Oh Noes!, Tubnic (Guest), 20-Sep-08 07:45 PM, #14
Reply You suck too!, Lerzion (Guest), 20-Sep-08 10:25 PM, #15
Reply RE: You suck too!, Ryasyn (Guest), 20-Sep-08 11:13 PM, #17
Reply Oops, forgot two., Ryasyn (Guest), 20-Sep-08 11:11 PM, #16
Reply RE:, Neltouda, 21-Sep-08 07:59 AM, #19
Reply RE:, Tubnic (Guest), 22-Sep-08 04:01 PM, #29
Reply We're both sarcastic bitches, Rayihn, 21-Sep-08 10:38 AM, #20
Reply You don't get to know. It's a secret., Ryasyn (Guest), 21-Sep-08 05:35 PM, #24
Reply That's ironic., Borom (Guest), 21-Sep-08 11:12 AM, #21
Reply I, High Empress Metechancellommander WarProvost of Thar..., Erelia (Guest), 21-Sep-08 11:55 AM, #22
Reply Almost forgot! For the record, orphans aren't people, a..., Erelia (Guest), 21-Sep-08 11:59 AM, #23
Reply I really liked, Ahtieli (Guest), 21-Sep-08 06:37 PM, #25
Reply RE: I really liked, Ryasyn (Guest), 21-Sep-08 07:39 PM, #26
Reply You're welcome., Twist, 21-Sep-08 08:37 PM, #27
Reply No More Suffering, Beroxxus, 22-Sep-08 09:29 AM, #28
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Ryasyn Elwade the Master Chef ..., Celenai (Guest), 20-Sep-08 01:19 PM, #6
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Ryasyn Elwade the Master Chef ..., Ryasyn (Guest), 20-Sep-08 04:16 PM, #8
Reply I really enjoyed our little talks!, Kreo (Guest), 20-Sep-08 10:14 AM, #5
Reply *sniff*, Saerali, 20-Sep-08 09:58 AM, #4
Reply RE: *sniff*, Ryasyn (Guest), 20-Sep-08 04:20 PM, #9
     Reply RE: *sniff*, Saerali, 20-Sep-08 07:44 PM, #13
Reply Great job, Zanarlok (Guest), 20-Sep-08 09:18 AM, #3
Reply xoxoxo, Etielise (Guest), 20-Sep-08 03:04 AM, #2
Reply RE: xoxoxo, Ryasyn (Guest), 20-Sep-08 04:39 PM, #10
Reply Your PBF is bought. Proper farewell to follow. nt, Etielise (Guest), 20-Sep-08 01:55 AM, #1

Ryasyn (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-08 04:10 PM

#72283, ""You age died, bozo.""
In response to Reply #0

This character was just downright awesome. My first hero, first con/form quest, first sort of religious, and first title(s). And I learned how to get to a TON of the more awesome places in CF. Defensive/Air shifters are great at exploring, and I think I got some pretty good forms. Even if I secretly lusted after the mongoose.

I started this character back when I had some time in the summer, but I'm kind of glad I finally kicked it since being a freshman in college can actually take time away from games. Who knew?

Anywho, on to the goodbyes. Since I was around for so damn long, I don't really remember everyone I met and talked to, so I'm going to stick to the "landmark" ones. If you feel overlooked, post something.

And I'm not listing everyone who already posted. God you guys move quick.

Imms:
Rayihn/Shar: Thanks for all the immteraction, and the help with getting Ryasyn's manlies back. I still don't know if I was doing the religion right, but you didn't seem too upset about me just bringing you stuff and asking questions. I really like your style, almost enough to try an empowerment character!

Neltouda: Very awesome imm. Alot of the fun of this character came from the "quest" to find you and all. Thanks for the con/form quest, too. Of course, it would've been nice to know that drinking from the leftover container puts you to sleep for like...eight hours.

Everyone else:
Renkaide: I love how wild you are. It was great to find another person whose idea of good debate at a religious event is to run in naked and screaming, with religious texts written all over. Great fun to exasperate serious wives, too.

Erelia: Sorry we never got the chance to make you Empress. I'm not sure where all your random babbling comes from, but it's just AWESOME. It never occurred to me earlier that me and you could've gone killing stuff instead of just sitting around chatting with Ryasyn acting annoyed.

Ilish: The last time I ever saw you was when we were traveling and there was a crash and I lost all my equipment and items because I had just died, around the fifteenth level or so. If you hadn't been there and encouraged me to just redress, I probably would have given up on Ryasyn right there. It was worth mentioning.

That's really all I can remember right now. But like I said, post something and I'll reply to it.

Oh, and to whatever imm it was last night/this morning (Think it was Twist.), thanks for the help. It would've really sucked to have ended the character doing charades as a falcon.

Greikyn (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-08 05:15 PM

#72287, "Great, what the hell did you go and do that for?"
In response to Reply #7

So it's Friday night and I'm not on late like I usually am on the weekends, and you go and age die! Way to go!

Congrats on your first age-death, I've had one of those and for awhile there you're just so scared that its going to come any minute and you really don't want it to because the character's still fun, as I'm sure it was for you... And then BAM! It sucks. Sorry for all the smacking, I only did it because it was an easy/lazy/quick way to spite you and I'm not as witty with the comebacks and torturous sarcasm as you are. Congrats on your first hero too, I remember mine, also a Herald, though yours was largely more successful than mine was.

I can honestly say that I'm going to miss you big guy, the Inn just wont be the same without you. And you know something? To this day you still never made me any damn food, aside from that parfait, prick!

Take care and hopefully see some incarnation of you again in the future. Good luck with college!

Ryasyn (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-08 11:18 PM

#72324, "I did it just to spite you."
In response to Reply #11

Pirate gnomes could be one of my favorite roles by now. The smacking was kind of annoying, but I took it in stride, consdiering how annoying I could be, myself. I just got back by never making you food.

Feel special though, I sewed my first stuff for you.

Eiyanna (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-08 06:01 PM

#72291, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #7

Thanks for the all the random items here and there. Too bad we didn't interact enough, but there were times where I wanted to strangle you. Hahaha! Anyhow, good luck with your next!

Tubnic (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-08 07:45 PM

#72299, "Oh Noes!"
In response to Reply #7

Awesome character dude. I know the feeling about school taking up a ton of time, that's always been my biggest problem too. We started off leveling together at level 20 or so, and you were a pain in my side ever since with your "We gotta find you a woman with giant bosoms!" Was cool heroing with you too.

AIM: PaulTR88
Yahoo: JackFrost315
MSN: Niris88@Hotmail.com

give me a buzz sometime, want to pick your brain about a few things

Lerzion (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-08 10:25 PM

#72316, "You suck too!"
In response to Reply #7

Seriously, I really liked Ryasyn and I'll miss the fun we had. I have enjoyed all the herald events where I've had to be the "voice of truth and reason." among all of those stinking mages. Anyway, I liked you and your witty comments. I still hope your children grow up to be villagers!

Ryasyn (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-08 11:13 PM

#72323, "RE: You suck too!"
In response to Reply #15

Sorry man, I forgot ALOT of people. You were pretty fun to have around at the events, though I'm still surprised you didn't try killing me or anyone else.

In fact, I think you only got me once, around the mid-30s ranks. Regardless, I lived in constant fear of you. But I came up with a way to check if you were about. I'd just constantly run around Galadon and the Eastern Road yelling about Lerzion having fleas. Don't know if you ever heard.

Ryasyn (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-08 11:11 PM

#72322, "Oops, forgot two."
In response to Reply #7

Rukhtanshi: Very awesome Commander. I liked how you would come to kill me, but chat before or afterwards. It was always great to 'siege' you.

Ahtieli: We didn't talk much, but I just feel like you should know. I had finished my con quest like...two days after I got it. I had been lying the whole time to avoid pk. It worked!

NeltoudaSun 21-Sep-08 07:59 AM
Member since 28th Jul 2008
161 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#72336, "RE:"
In response to Reply #7

You mouthy SOB! I swear Ryasyn must have liked pain, because it seemed like you were always giving me an opening for the smite. You'll be able to rest comfortably about the death of this character, knowing that a limerick has been placed in the Lyceum about his missing man bits. Great job with the character over all; it was always fun to interact with you.

Tubnic (Guest)Mon 22-Sep-08 04:01 PM

#72396, "RE:"
In response to Reply #19

Speaking of that Limmick, you can thank Eti for writing it, and me for submitting it Good luck with your next, man

RayihnSun 21-Sep-08 10:38 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#72340, "We're both sarcastic bitches"
In response to Reply #7

I think that's why we got along so well!

I wanted to ask out right but I wasn't sure I'd get a straight answer, so I have to ask..why did you decide to follow Rayihn? I can't tattoo anyone outside my spheres, which you certainly were. I had a lot of fun bantering with you with Sharri and even more fun coming up with silly titles for you. Hope you liked them all, some of them were more funny than flattering. Having you and Destim there at the same time was great stuff.

Definetly try an empoweree! I really let my hair down with those!

- Ray

Ryasyn (Guest)Sun 21-Sep-08 05:35 PM

#72355, "You don't get to know. It's a secret."
In response to Reply #20

But really, after declaring you the goddess of penis, I figured since I already had my foot in the door, I could RP a change of heart from the gluttony thing. I was also curious about your religion, having never really looked into it.

And Neltouda wasn't around yet, so there's that too.

Borom (Guest)Sun 21-Sep-08 11:12 AM

#72342, "That's ironic."
In response to Reply #7

Our last conversation went something like:

"Keep on bein' the Best Herald, mate."
"Even my skeleton will be the best!"
"Damn well better. Yer bluddy old."

And you probably took those Herald Secrets to your grave. Bastard.

Erelia (Guest)Sun 21-Sep-08 11:55 AM

#72343, "I, High Empress Metechancellommander WarProvost of Thar..."
In response to Reply #7

I'm going to miss you as long as I can remember who you were, which is going to be about two weeks.
I very much enjoyed Ryasyn, always fun running around the Inn with you, and just listening to you respond to others. The big important thing now, though, is being able to tell Etielise we were secretly lovers! I'll wait to do it at the perfect moment, like the funeral or something, I'll make sure to give her your fair and just opinions.

MAKE ANOTHER!

PS.

Babbling schmabbling.

Erelia (Guest)Sun 21-Sep-08 11:59 AM

#72345, "Almost forgot! For the record, orphans aren't people, a..."
In response to Reply #22

I said nothing!

Ahtieli (Guest)Sun 21-Sep-08 06:37 PM

#72358, "I really liked"
In response to Reply #7

our little chats here and there. Especialy one after I killed you. I liked it so much that I made sure not to hunt you again, since shapeshifters have a lot of trouble fighting me as well as Inn folks who usualy are not good in pk, after all you are not my enemies.

Good luck with your next. Sad you did not find last item. Or you did?

Ryasyn (Guest)Sun 21-Sep-08 07:39 PM

#72359, "RE: I really liked"
In response to Reply #25

The chats WERE fun. The one after I died horrified poor Ryasyn. All about bones in the bed and whatnot.

I left a good bye to you in one of the messages above. I found all my items like...two days after I got the quest. I lied to you constantly to avoid pk.

TwistSun 21-Sep-08 08:37 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#72362, "You're welcome."
In response to Reply #7

I imagine the logs look a little funny, me transfering you to my room and slaying you and then purging and then restoring you and then transfering you to Olin.

But yeah, age dying in-form does sorta suck.

I also am the one who did the globals about the Inn Bouncers having the 3-minute funeral procession and such.

BeroxxusMon 22-Sep-08 09:29 AM
Member since 25th Apr 2003
176 posts
#72380, "No More Suffering"
In response to Reply #7

Well, looks like I can't put you through anymore suffering. Ryasyn, I felt did a great job in reacting to most things thrown at him. He was a solid character, and as others said, mouthy! I hope you enjoyed Ryasyn and I wish you well on your next character.

Celenai (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-08 01:19 PM

#72276, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Ryasyn Elwade the Master Chef ..."
In response to Reply #0

What a great character, I'm really going to miss you. When you were first applying to be a Herald I was thinking, this guy really has a sharp wit but he's so sarcastic I bet he'll insult everyone who walks through the door. And I was nearly right, but it didn't even matter. A truly infectious character.

Ryasyn (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-08 04:16 PM

#72284, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Ryasyn Elwade the Master Chef ..."
In response to Reply #6

You have the weirdest playing times, I swear. But we did have alot of fun in what was, for me, from like...midnight till four in the morning. You were always a big help when I wanted to go kill stuff, or just got bored and wanted to chat with someone.

I tried to be as little sarcastic as I could with others and just be a "help everyone" goodie, but once Ryasyn started getting older, the sarcasm just poured out.

Thanks for the help back when I was trying to get inducted. I hadn't tried to get into any cabals for a while, so I guess I forgot all the answers to the interview questions, which, as I said many times, you pretty much gave me word for word.

Kreo (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-08 10:14 AM

#72273, "I really enjoyed our little talks!"
In response to Reply #0

Even though I was evil and you good we did get along quite well.

A very cool char, looking forward to your next!

SaeraliSat 20-Sep-08 09:58 AM
Member since 11th Jul 2008
16 posts
#72272, "*sniff*"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I knew this was coming of course, and nice work sticking it out to age death! Some of what I'd like to say will have to wait till Saer bites the dust too, of course, but you definitely had an influence on her...whether that's good or bad I'll leave for later to comment on *cough* You absolutely had me cracking up IRL sometimes. I'll tell you what, absolution only works *so* far. It will not cover moustaches.

Nice work - Saer will miss you! And thanks for all the help at various times. See you out there, I hope.

Ryasyn (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-08 04:20 PM

#72285, "RE: *sniff*"
In response to Reply #4

Thanks! This was my first age death, too. Not sure if I mentioned it in the first post.

I liked that Saerali was kind of a proper priest, which made playing Ryasyn even more funny when we got into arguments about morality, felarials, moustaches, and the rest.

It really would have been a GREAT picnic with that.

P.S.: I totally was at a loss for words after you missed one of my events and sent a tell that was like, "I'm really, really sorry! ". So I tried to shrug it off while giggling like a little girl at your expense.

SaeraliSat 20-Sep-08 07:44 PM
Member since 11th Jul 2008
16 posts
#72298, "RE: *sniff*"
In response to Reply #9

lol...yeah, Saer is just a bit too serious for her own good at times, not to mention weird. Made for some funny moments with Ryasyn turning everything into a joke. And think of the lost picnic opportunities! Next time I'm bringing invisible ink...

Zanarlok (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-08 09:18 AM

#72270, "Great job"
In response to Reply #0

It was alway fun to see you in the Inn. I enjoyed all the events that the Heralds held. Will not be the same anymore.
Good luck with your next.

Etielise (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-08 03:04 AM

#72266, "xoxoxo"
In response to Reply #0

Congratulations on age death! I've only done that once and it was totally premature. You probably think yours was, too, though. Anyway, there's a portion of this farewell that I'll have to save for when Etie's dead, too, but that won't stop me from saying thanks. Though a lot more has come from the character, I made Etie with only one intention in particular, and you managed to fit that niche. I got a lot of good laughs from the rabid disapproval practically everyone seemed to have (though typically in jest) of our characters' relationship. Perhaps the thing I enjoyed most about that aspect was its progression--from Ryasyn being a punk kid who frustrated Etie to no end, to them being just a little sweet on each other, up until they were inseparable lovers simmering in a stew of innuendo (what a riot). And in spite of all the crap I gave you at first, I was pretty much laughing my ass off from the start. It's hard to RP stern when you can't keep from snickering IRL! Ryasyn brought a lot of fun and wackiness into Etie's life and into the Heralds. And...suddenly I'm out of words. There's probably a lot more to say. I'll get my thinking cap on for Etie's death thread.

As an aside, I can tell you aren't exactly new to the game, but I hope I helped a little with some area knowledge. I'm still learning, myself, probably ever will be. CF is a big game, inhabited by many things.

Damn. Now that you're dead, I'm probably going to have to start leaving the Inn again.

Ryasyn (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-08 04:39 PM

#72286, "RE: xoxoxo"
In response to Reply #2

Thanks for the PBF, I really appreciate it! I'm not sure how I would feel about myself afterwards if I used that five dollars for it instead of something like laundry or food.

The progression from my end was different, but still pretty funny. I'll be honest, when I first got the Ryasyn Treatment, I stopped and thought, "Wait a second. I'm writing a book report in the middle of summer. This is now how a game is played." So after all that I lived in terror of being a crappy Herald and getting booted for a while, then I just started pushing buttons to see how far I could go.

Which is pretty far, as it turned out. You were pretty wacky yourself, which made me want to one up you by being even funnier. Thanks for showing me the way to Trothon, and a bunch of other places. Going out and killing stuff with you was just as fun as rping and trying to figure out new and interesting ways to make people think Ryasyn and Etttie were just an old pair of introverts.

Etielise (Guest)Sat 20-Sep-08 01:55 AM

#72265, "Your PBF is bought. Proper farewell to follow. nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #72264 Previous topic | Next topic