Subject: "(AGE) Rio the Perfect Crime, Honored Blade of War" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6945
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 12-Jun-02 12:48 AM
Member since 05th May 2024
16829 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6945, "(AGE) Rio the Perfect Crime, Honored Blade of War"

Wed Jun 12 02:47:26 2002

4 o''clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness on the Theran calendar Rio perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:659
PK Ratio:66% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AGE) Rio the Perfect Crime, Honored Blade of War, Tahren (Guest), 30-Jun-02 08:45 PM, #28
Reply Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..., Rio (Guest), 12-Jun-02 11:38 PM, #4
Reply RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..., Intronan, 13-Jun-02 04:45 AM, #5
Reply RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..., Abernyte, 13-Jun-02 05:04 AM, #7
Reply RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..., Rhowyn (Guest), 13-Jun-02 06:17 AM, #8
Reply RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..., Abernyte, 13-Jun-02 06:48 AM, #9
     Reply I think I get it..., Rio (Guest), 13-Jun-02 07:33 AM, #13
          Reply I think what Ab is trying to say is that, Goapa (Guest), 13-Jun-02 10:26 AM, #14
               Reply having known Rio through a number of characters, for me to know (Guest), 14-Jun-02 07:01 AM, #20
                    Reply I was impressive, go me!, Vladamir, 14-Jun-02 03:05 PM, #24
Reply RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..., Intronan, 13-Jun-02 07:08 AM, #10
Reply Satanic Reverses, ArChaos, 13-Jun-02 12:09 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Satanic Reverses, Intronan, 14-Jun-02 07:18 AM, #21
Reply RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..., Abernyte, 13-Jun-02 05:01 AM, #6
Reply RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..., Intronan, 13-Jun-02 07:10 AM, #11
Reply RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..., Abernyte, 13-Jun-02 07:22 AM, #12
Reply RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..., Thralkoz, 13-Jun-02 01:30 PM, #18
Reply RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..., HammerSong, 13-Jun-02 12:13 PM, #16
Reply This had to have been when you rolled Rio..hehe, Gabe, 13-Jun-02 01:28 PM, #17
Reply RE: This had to have been when you rolled Rio..hehe, GEEZ!! (Guest), 15-Jun-02 06:46 AM, #26
Reply Replies and corrections, Rio (Guest), 14-Jun-02 06:42 AM, #19
Reply RE: Replies and corrections, Gabe, 14-Jun-02 08:31 AM, #22
Reply Finally!, Grollaski (Guest), 14-Jun-02 02:31 PM, #23
Reply RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..., Loborguz, 15-Jun-02 12:13 AM, #25
Reply well done, v_vega, 16-Jun-02 06:10 AM, #27
Reply I'm truly impressed with you being a rager!, Belaran/Caeth (Guest), 12-Jun-02 08:08 PM, #3
Reply RE: (AGE) Rio the Perfect Crime, Honored Blade of War, Gabe, 12-Jun-02 09:45 AM, #2
Reply Managed to get most of it logged., Klushakov (Guest), 12-Jun-02 12:58 AM, #1

Tahren (Guest)Sun 30-Jun-02 08:45 PM

#6946, "RE: (AGE) Rio the Perfect Crime, Honored Blade of War"
In response to Reply #0

Rio was a good character - here's to getting a good connection in your area and continuing your addiction! *raises a mug of finely tempered steel*

Rio (Guest)Wed 12-Jun-02 11:38 PM

#6947, "Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..."
In response to Reply #0

The long ride is finally over. Many of you waited for this moment (though the reason of this escapes me). I agree that it is a bit unusual when a character is around for 2 years, but it went this way, and I didn't want to delete Rio only because some guy would want it. Nevertheless, there is a bit of history.

My previous hero character was master who fought ragers actively. On public forums and IRC channels I've constantly heard unstoppable whining how ragers are underpowered. Well, maybe berserkers were okay, but scouts and defenders were out of question. So I rolled a thief. It was during the times the Village was disbanded. Soon the Village was re-assembled and Aniedra took over the leadership. She inducted me, and I started playing scout. Around 30th rank is was rather challenging: most of enemies were transformed masters with
damage reduction wands. But resist and spellbane helped me to avoid death. Most of my deaths were due to the bad link.

<bitching>
I can stand the usual ping I play - 400-500 ms. But not when cable modem losts carrier. If you hadn't experienced it, trust me: it REALLY sucks.
</bitching>

That's about the time I started to hunt solo, which became a habit soon. I was grouped mostly during raids. I tried to hunt only mages, and stay away from attacking warrior-types due to my role. Of course, it wasn't possible not to attack Scion warrior raiding your cabal, but I tried to avoid attacking them not in a raid situation.

Anyway, I managed to rank to hero, which was a bit annoying (ranking a thief was never easy). Then I went to US for a business trip.
At first I was shocked. I've never played with ping about 100ms. After I got used to it, I started PKilling actively. After a couple of weeks my PK score was like 33-1. I played almost each day, PKilled, interacted, explored the Silent Tower, got title, then veteran position. At this moment Trewyn decided to retire, and I decided to take part in Rites. To my surprise, I was granted
leadership. After that, I started playing even more, interviewed applicants, participated in quests and all that jazz. Good link is a god-granted gift.

After 3 long months I returned to Russia only to find my computer stolen. I couldn't play for a large period of time and the cabal went downhill. By the time I understood I can't dedicate enough time to the cabal (the only time I could play was very inconvenient for US time zone players - when CF has like 20 players online). So after discussing it with Thror I stepped down and continued to play as some sort of living relic. It still was a blast for me, but probably very dull from outside. I expected to age-die, but it seems I had prolonged lifespan. Started dying much again. It's a pain when you fight something, type "where" and see some Hejduk, type flee;flee;hide and wait... After 5 seconds you see 'Help! Hejduk is bashing me!', and "flee" comes when your health is exactly equal to your mana. At such moments I seriously considered quitting playing with such link. But good moments overweighted frustration caused by link deaths. So after a year I finally age-died

In case somebody is interested - my role:

Added Wed Jan 10 21:55:43 2001 at level 51:
Excerpts from a diary left by a nameless thief.

"Finally! I've learned how to write. 38 years old. Not bad, eh?
Never held a pen before. My nimble fingers visited a thousand of
purses, touched a million of shiny coins, borrowed many artifacts
from backpacks of famous heroes. I will master the art of writing,
as I have mastered almost all of my abilities..."

Added Wed Jan 10 22:16:19 2001 at level 51:

"...waging the war against Fortress of Light worries me more and more.
They keep coming back, and take the lifes of the villagers. Granted,
usually not the best of my brethern fall to the hand of ignorant
honorless horde, but one day they killed Trewyn! And all that time
the mages manage to hide behind warriors, paladins, healers, bards...
Hell, I joined the village to slay mages, not warriors! I don't care
if my less intelligent brethern want bloodshed. I will avoid the fights with simple servants, unless they will attack the village directly."

Added Mon Jan 22 00:43:38 2001 at level 51:
"... too long I tolerated their unprovoked attacks upon me. No more!"

Added Tue Jan 30 19:40:50 2001 at level 51:
"...no matter how hard I try, I cannot forget what happened that day
in the mansion on the beach of a sea. Burning house, my father, lying
in the pool of blood, my mother... My little sister, choking with
blood... Four muscular villains, quickly and skillfully devastating
everything that was my life... And three hooded figures, watching
this nightmare silently. The eyes of one of the villains, who finally
noticed me, stiffened in horror under the tree... My prayers to the
heavens, prayers for retribution... Heavenly voice in my head, telling me I would have to pay a price for that... Seven columns of roaring flame on the places where the murderes just stood. The new feeling overcoming me... Slowly taking me over, much like the urge... Picture slowly forming in my mind, my path in life, my destination... I cannot find the rest until the last age is eliminated. I can't find the rest even during the moonlight. I must fulfill my destination..."

Added Sat Mar 17 20:49:07 2001 at level 51:
"...cannot believe that my brethern agreed to follow the Drow blindly.
Nevertheless, the facts say they did. Our valiant defenders let him
pass. I feel something terribly wrong is going on. Though I really
dislike to descend to Underdark, I feel I must investigate this.
Even if I strongly dislike the whole situation. For the future of the
Village, I will do it, regardless of the price I will personally pay for this."

Added Tue Jan 8 18:12:11 2002 at level 51:
"...even at the time when the moon is high, I cannot find the soulful
harmony. Visions of my family arise before my eyes... When is it going to finish?.. Only the Divine Ones may answer this question. But they won't. Like pawns on a chess board we move, following the will of the almighty Players. Probably I am getting insane, but... I like this game!"

Added Fri Apr 5 16:16:18 2002 at level 51:
"...today I fell to the hordes of Scions. Banshee's howling getting louder, but another event which occured along couldn't pass unnoticed. Attempts to reveal my location allowed me to reach mastery in the last skill I sought perfection in. Now I can bear this title without being ashamed for my incompetence in combat abilities! Little joys of the dying thief... All that left from a former Leader, and then Commander of the Village..."

Added Sat Jun 1 06:15:25 2002 at level 51:
"...Death itself spoke to me this day. My long and interesting life
comes to its end. Looking back, I feel no regret. Of course, many
things could have been done differently, but pitiful are those who
mourn their past. Continual study and dedication to one's cause brings the pleasure into the life. And who knows what is over this mysterious edge which is called "Death"...

Practice list:

detect hidden 100%(100%) dagger 100%(100%)
mace 100%(100%) spear 100%(100%)
sword 100%(100%) backstab 100%(100%)
dirt kicking 100%(100%) disarm 100%(100%)
dodge 100%(100%) enhanced damage 100%(100%)
hand to hand 100%(100%) kick 100%(100%)
parry 100%(100%) trip 100%(100%)
second attack 100%(100%) third attack 100%(100%)
fast healing 100%(100%) haggle 100%(100%)
hide 100%(100%) meditation 100%(100%)
peek 100%(100%) pick lock 100%(100%)
relock 100%(100%) sneak 100%(100%)
steal 100%(100%) scrolls 1%( 1%)
recall 100%(100%) dual backstab 100%(100%)
circle 100%(100%) spellbane 100%(100%)
resistance 100%(100%) truesight 100%(100%)
lore 100%(100%) shield block 100%(100%)
blackjack 100%(100%) dual wield 100%(100%)
knife 100%(100%) cheap shot 100%(100%)
rogues awareness 100%(100%) pen 100%(100%)
critical hit 100%(100%) discern spell 100%(100%)
spell evasion 100%(100%)

Now farewells.

Battle:

I loved this cabal.

Thror: thank you for all the exciting stuff which happened - countless quests,
Immteractions (tm) and simply your signs of attention to my character. I am
sorry I didn't keep my promise I gave you. Again, my big THANK YOU for the things you do to make the game enjoyable for us. Some things were more successful than other ones, but the effort you put in all this is always noted and appreciated. My special thanks for the Village revamp. I don't know how significant was my opinion during the changes, but many things changed exactly as I wanted them to change. Needless to say, it was a blast. I enjoy the new
Village way more than the old one.

Intronan: excellent player, brilliant immortal. Fron the moment I gave you a brief overview of scout abilities to the moment I interacted with you as a Commander of Crimson Fields. If the rumors I heard about player behind you are correct, I am not surprised - you always were one of the best. I am sure your future will be even more fruitful than your past.

Kastellyn: didn't know you much as Rio, but enjoyed the interaction we had. Good luck.

Vaelyn and Tastagro: my good friends. I enjoyed the time we spent together.
Praerid: I enjoyed both the fight we had in my youth and our times in the Village.
Aniedra: thank you for inducting me. You told be to make the Village proud of myself. I tried
Vizarsh: solid, interesting character and very good leader.
Tarakh: very interesting character and excellent leader.
Trewyn: excellently roleplayed character and possibly the best leader I can possibly imagine. You taught me a lot of things about leadership. Thank you.
Hyshrawr: strong assassin without any doubt. Very well done.
Torakkel: perfect tactician. I often used you as an example of warrior.
Tahren: bravo! My good friend, you held the whole Village on your shoulders while I was absent. You did not give up, regardless of the odds you faced.
Sharisalk: stellar roleplay and good leadership. Well done.
Loborguz: very well done. Did not like you at first, but had to change my attitude quickly.
Manarei: perfect assassin and truly evil character. Excellent.
Goapa: my favorite thief in the Village. I really liked you.
Chalin, Ysaertvo, Gungnir, Tarosh, Kraern, Sharvin, Tobeldest, Aylkar, Jezzan,
Sehvoor, Nerylana, Shamus, Kolun and many others:
interesting persons and strong warriors.

Enemies: too much of them to list here. I'll try to recollect the most notable though...

Scarab:

strange coincidence. Those of you who hunted me soon found themselves
thrown out or denied. Examples: Visimir, Moridin(sp?), and even Drucyrus. Those who did not attack me - Phinitz, Qxorlarran - stayed as long as they wished to. Isn't it funny.
Qxorlarran: fought you in early 20th when you were ranking with mages, but was at peace with you at hero ranks. Surely inresting character, though you didn't talk much
Drucyrus: I didn't understand why you've turned on me after a long period of peaceful relations.
Phinitz: I enjoyed our short interactions. It was also interesting to see you in action.

Sylvan:

Haven't fought you much. Hunted Masters you in my young years. It's hard to hunt camoflaged mages. I surely died alot during that war caused by burning down the Dwarf Forest.

Plyate: you were a good friend and a very interesting character.

Nexus:

Petriec: two thumbs up. An example of how a thief could be played. Hands down, the best thief I ever met. I really enjoyed our shady deal. A shame it didn't work out completely, it could be a really interesting turn.
Vahlen: I've never considered you as a special opponent. Your tactics seemed straightforward, and you were quite agressive against even neutral ragers, which I couldn't understand. Perhaps things were quite different from inside, so good job with immorting.
Nydeikon: I didn't like you for a number of reasons I'm not going to list here.
Tiberianus: couldn't do anything against even a half-competent air/offense transmuter. So I tried to avoid you.

Nepenthe: THANK YOU for the Silent Tower - by far, the most interesting area in CF. I understand players who roll character specifically to explore it.

Enbuergo: also a blast, a shame I haven't interacted much with you.
Grollaski: you were a person to lighten me up. Using your wide assortment of curse words. Very well done.
Khadii: one of the few I can call a friend, the one I found so much in common with. Take care, friend.
Ethrysan: excellent roleplay! Another living spark.
Uglurmish: "Be the condor!" interaction inspired me much. Thanks!
Balrahd: formidable opponent. You've always managed to rally forces of good, get them killed and escape No offense, but that's how it looked from my perspective.
Anterrabae: I enjoyed our interactions. I bet I loved Silent Tower as much as you did
Reddyn: enjoyed our fights, and especially their outcome Killing a lich gave me an ego boost.
Stoslav: fighting you was always a thrill.
Keniston: damn you for banning me from the Inn
Tikar, Hejduk: scary.
Astirath: I am proud to be the one who applied the infamous "trip, trip, trip" to you. Your poem was the best and I swear to remember it.
Zeglufin: very dangerous foe. I am proud of killing you.
Daemelin: another one I feared of.

Olin: thank you for the last IMMteraction

To others I forgot, sorry, 2 years is a damn long time
Sorry if I messed up something, English is my second language.

My e-mail is: ibd@orcsoftware.spb.ru. I would be honored to hear your opinion about my character, or just to speak of something not related to CF. CF community consists of many talented and creative persons which I enjoy interacting with.

Boris (AKA Calessin)

IntronanThu 13-Jun-02 04:45 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
25 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6960, "RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..."
In response to Reply #4

I liked Rio a lot. Any bitching about having you delete him, or kicking him from Battle I never listened to. I liked the idea of having a great link from the past in the present, if only for brief moments. When I saw you fight... you did great. I remember raiding Nexus with you and seeing one of the all time great cheap shot attacks to take down who was defending. Good roleplay, good fighting skills, and even when not a leader, you just naturally seemed to roleplay someone to be admired, and followed. Great job.

AbernyteThu 13-Jun-02 05:04 AM
973 posts
#6963, "RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..."
In response to Reply #5

I liked the idea of having a great link from the past in the present, if only for brief moments.

How can you say that when ragers have been kicked out for turning up more often than Rio did!?

-----Abernyte

Rhowyn (Guest)Thu 13-Jun-02 06:17 AM

#6965, "RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..."
In response to Reply #7

How can you say that when ragers have been kicked out for turning up more often than Rio did!?

-----Abernyte

My guess is that Rio's roleplaying ability gave him a 'get out of jail free' card with the Imms. Villagers with average to poor roleplaying don't get the same consideration when Imms decide who stays and who goes.

Just another reason to really play a character, rather than yourself.

Rhowyn

AbernyteThu 13-Jun-02 06:48 AM
973 posts
#6966, "RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..."
In response to Reply #8

He may have turned on the RP after gaining some stature in the village but there was little to none to begin with, and yes I know characters evolve but a solid RP should never be reason enough to let some, fly-by-night,visit once in a blue moon when ragers are back in power, thief from being kicked out when issues were raised to a recent leader about numbers in the village being at a max and people would need to be kicked out. He should have been first choice if everyone was being treated on an even field.

-----Abernyte

Rio (Guest)Thu 13-Jun-02 07:33 AM

#6967, "I think I get it..."
In response to Reply #9

>reason enough to let some, fly-by-night,visit once in a blue
>moon when ragers are back in power,

I think that's the difference you don't seem to catch. The part of playing once in a blue moon is true. The part about playing only during fair weather is false. I played when I could, not when the odds were great. I played only one character at time, started my CF session when OOC matters allowed me to do so and stopped it due to the same reasons. I didn't quit due to death and eq loss, or because a lich logged in. I think it may be the reason I wasn't kicked out.

I understand your frustration regarding to my character, but try not to spill it on everybody else. Have a nice day.

Rio

Goapa (Guest)Thu 13-Jun-02 10:26 AM

#6968, "I think what Ab is trying to say is that"
In response to Reply #13

when the village filled up during your lifetime your space should have gone to a more dedicated and showing up villager. You took a position away from a villager that showed more and fought more than you did.
Ragers have been kicked out for showing up more than you did on many many occasions, yet for some reason you were given very special treatment and allowed to stay in. That is why Aber and a lot of other rager players are a little bitter because I think all of them (well at least me) have had a character booted because of lack of playing for various OOC reasons. I let Goapa time delete not because I could not get to the public library to log him in just to keep him around but because I could not play a fair amount of time, I gave up my "spot" in the village to other people who deserve it more than me.

As to IC stuff, having a random thief show up once in a lifetime of the more dedicated villager really brought contempt to the face of a lot of IC people. Their mindset is basically, "Who is this twit who just awakens from his hut for a day or two then slumbers for a 25 years while I am out here gettin killed and raped for the cause, where is his dedication?".

Anyway, I'm not pissed nor do i have any hard feels at all but thought I could show some light on the situation. As far as I know you were a pretty good rager and very good at what you did. But honestly Goapa didn't really know you either IC because you didn't show up very much. We did have our interactions but I think the first was your recommendation at level 25ish then I didn't see you again until well into Hero level (and it took Goapa a long time to hero).

Keep is truckin and keep the mages at bay!

Go

for me to know (Guest)Fri 14-Jun-02 07:01 AM

#6969, "having known Rio through a number of characters"
In response to Reply #14

You talk about him "taking" a place that another villager could use.

Firstly, I think it is factored into the equation determining the number of places that some turn up more than others. So if Rio turned up more frequently along with all other villagers, the limit on numbers would be set lower.

Secondly, I don't think Rio would be the first to go if someone was booted to make way for another worthy. Every cabal has its share of people from time to time who don't deserve to be in, so don't take this as an attack on the village, but there are others who have never shown themselves worthy of being a villager. Rio was not on that frequently but the times he did show weren't particularly influenced by swings in power. And when he was around he did himself credit from what I saw.

Someone asked me recently, and this will allow those who can be bothered to work out who I am, if I had something against the village. The answer is no, but when I played a villager recently I was disgusted by what some of the cabal got up to, so I deleted and rolled up a villager killer who went after the cowards and shallow rp'ers. Since then I swore I'd not play another until things improved. Every time I think they're getting better because of a few impressive villagers (say Meushen, Grolgthus, Goapa, Lobo, etc) I witness something that puts me off again (no names mentioned).

I love the village, but I can't bring myself to put up with the few who spoil it, because to me the ethos of a villager is something not really open to compromise, and too many seem to try to compromise it to the greatest extent they can get away with.

VladamirFri 14-Jun-02 03:05 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#6970, "I was impressive, go me!"
In response to Reply #20

>Every time I think they're getting better because of a few >impressive villagers (say Meushen, Grolgthus, Goapa, Lobo, etc) I >witness something that puts me off again (no names mentioned).

Thanks. My $0.02 on Rio(From my villagers point of view). When he was around, he was a good addition to the village, reliable, and willing to die for the cause. (From my other characters point of view) He was a multikilling prick, who would drop the same naked person 3 or 4 times in a row (One of my big BIG pet peeves on a mud where each death permanently negatively affects your character).

From a players perspective, I have to say I didn't think his use to the village outweighed his lack of ability to log in. I've seen people who were useful additions, not just to the village but to other cabals, booted for being on more than he was. Yes when he was there he was useful, yes in the past he had "paid his dues" in time and effort. However, how useful is a soldier in an army thats AWOL 99% of the time? You can't count on them to be there, and that more than anything is why I think he should have been retired to the Old Villagers home long before his death.

All in all, when he was around he played well and with heart, even if he was dropping the same naked person over and over. Thats just ruthlessly killing the enemies of the village. It's not MY style, and I don't like it, but I can see the motivation behind it. Whats done is done, for good or ill he was a villager till the end, and I think that, more than anything is what he should be remembered for. It's pointless to rehash his playing times and usefulness vs. time online.

IntronanThu 13-Jun-02 07:08 AM
25 posts
#6964, "RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..."
In response to Reply #7

Here's the thing... I can't offer you any logical, sound argument to support my view. Sometimes, with a player, you just have to go by feel. My view (right or wrong) was (to paraphrase Mo Green) that Rio had made his bones while I was in diapers. He put in enough time and effort to receive special consideration. Any argument you present to me about him not showing enough to remain a villager... I can't defend against... I'll just say that I still liked having him in the village, and I believe most villagers agreed.

ArChaosThu 13-Jun-02 12:09 PM
352 posts
#6961, "Satanic Reverses"
In response to Reply #5

Raise the double standard

(name -those- lyrics)

IntronanFri 14-Jun-02 07:18 AM
25 posts
#6962, "RE: Satanic Reverses"
In response to Reply #15

Raise the double standard
(name -those- lyrics)

I can't. Shokai would be the music guru... I'm the blind squirrel who finds the occasional musical nut.

AbernyteThu 13-Jun-02 05:01 AM
973 posts
#6956, "RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..."
In response to Reply #4

Never liked Rio after he made hero. He was bareable as a lowbie except for the sometimes lack of assurance in his abilities in PK attempts on our ranking group in aridhol a good few times, gave me the impression of being a bit whiney! Then I started seeing better ragers getting looked over for Vet positions (no, not myself I was a Vet at that time) and this whinet thief had one and when you made leader I deleted my applicant as I would not suffer an interview with you. Your choicest times of being around when the village was fine and numbers were on were far too coincidental for me and I wanted you out. Thralkoz, Dragendor, Lohrn and Grubbin all agreed on this but never did the oppertunity come up, shame really. I liked your master more than your rager, I did enjoy fighting against him with a few characters. Atleast now your gone and hopefully, if you make another rager you will turn up more in the bad times aswell as the good. I just hope you dont get placed on the pillar as it would send out the wrong message to new ragers.

-----Abernyte

P.S. I bare no grudges, unlike many High Court Judges.

IntronanThu 13-Jun-02 07:10 AM
25 posts
#6958, "RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..."
In response to Reply #6

P.S. I bare no grudges, unlike many High Court Judges.

Morrissey is SO 80's! But still, great song.

AbernyteThu 13-Jun-02 07:22 AM
973 posts
#6959, "RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..."
In response to Reply #11

Yeah, I blame my older brother he was the Smiths/Morrissey fan.

-----Abernyte

ThralkozThu 13-Jun-02 01:30 PM
0 posts
#6957, "RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..."
In response to Reply #6

I saw him maybe once when I held my position as leader. That one brief time did change my views on the Character. You have a winning personality and loaded me up with enough Sh*t so I wouldn't boot you. Most of all we kicked the hell outta like three warlocks in that brief time, luckly I respect anyone who can kill with the best of them. Good Fighter is really all I can say about Rio, but thats 90% of CF, so well done.

HammerSongThu 13-Jun-02 12:13 PM
679 posts
#6955, "RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..."
In response to Reply #4

Excellent job as a Battlerager. The fact that you would often hunt alone and manage to do extremely well impressed me. I watched you a few times, out exploring the silent tower on your own, very gutsy. Coupled with the fact that you could compliment a group and knew exactly how to turn the tide of a battle, I would imagine that you've got the knack to being a battlerager. Great job, regardless of the skeptics, I think you knew how to manage your time and what you could afford to do while online.

Best of luck.

On a side: Rio approached me way back when, about things OOC, regarding his time contstraints. I've been known to be lenient towards individuals who approach me like he did, understanding that sometimes things outside of this game take precedence. No, Rio didn't favor the good times. Yes, I often thought about booting him, but a gut feeling told me he's probably doing his best to show up.
Many of our playerbase have a life outside of the game. Military,
wives and children, careers. The most I can do is go by gut feeling,
the measure of dedication and RP, as well as the fact that the player expresses that they have a limited time schedule. Easy on the flames.

GabeThu 13-Jun-02 01:28 PM
182 posts
#6953, "This had to have been when you rolled Rio..hehe"
In response to Reply #4

Ismail disappears.
MORE BLOOD! MORE BLOOD! MORE BLOOD!!!
The bellowing of a ram startles you.
Your pierce EVISCERATES a grizzled ram!
A grizzled ram is covered with bleeding wounds.

The edges of a grizzled ram's being stretch and twist and he returns to normal.
Nallokin is covered with bleeding wounds.

You feel as though you are being watched.

Your pierce MASSACRES Nallokin!
Nallokin parries your pierce.
Nallokin parries your pierce.
You dodge Nallokin's smash.

Your axes get tangled up before you can try your move.
Your brutal attack misses Nallokin.
You get in one more shot on Nallokin as he flees.
Your parting blow MANGLES Nallokin!
Nallokin leaves up.
Nallokin has fled!

u
Large Intersection

n
High Road

Calessin is here.
(Translucent) Ismail is here.
An archer is here, watching the forests for any movement.
A cityguard is strolling through here, keeping the peace.
Calessin yells 'Help! I am being attacked by Vintak!'
Your pierce EVISCERATES Calessin!
Calessin has some small but disgusting cuts.

n
Ismail leaves south.
Calessin has some small but disgusting cuts.

Your pierce DISMEMBERS Calessin!
You parry Calessin's punch.
Calessin is covered with bleeding wounds.

pincer
No way! You are still fighting!
A luminous archon has arrived.
A luminous archon sings praises to the light, blessing Calessin.
A fire elemental has arrived.
You yell 'Help! I'm being attacked by a fire elemental!'
You parry a fire elemental's flaming bite.
You dodge a fire elemental's flaming bite.
The cityguard screams 'PROTECT THE INNOCENT!! BANZAI!!
You parry the cityguard's slash.

You drive your axes into both sides of Calessin's body.
Your brutal attack DISMEMBERS Calessin!

A fire elemental's flaming bite MASSACRES you!
You deliver a blow of deadly force!
Calessin deflects your pierce with her shield.
Calessin is gushing blood.

pincer

Jagaub has arrived.
Your pierce === OBLITERATES === Calessin!
Calessin is convulsing on the ground.

Jagaub leaves north.

You drive your axes into both sides of Calessin's body.
Your brutal attack MASSACRES Calessin!

Calessin is DEAD!!
Calessin's head is shattered, and her brains splash all over you.
A luminous archon slowly fades away.
The cityguard is in perfect health.

Jagaub has arrived.
The cityguard is in perfect health.

get all corpse

The gods protect Vintak from a fire elemental.
Your pierce *** DEMOLISHES *** the cityguard!
Your pierce *** DEMOLISHES *** the cityguard!
The cityguard is DEAD!!
You receive 0 experience points.
The cityguard's eye pops out of its socket.
I see nothing like that in the corpse.
A fire elemental yells 'Help! I am being attacked by Vintak!'
Your pierce *** DEMOLISHES *** a fire elemental!
A fire elemental is covered with bleeding wounds.

Nallokin has arrived.

Your pierce MANGLES a fire elemental!
A fire elemental dodges your pierce.

The snow stops falling.

You yell 'Die, Nallokin, you sorcerous dog!'
Nallokin utters the words, 'parh dudasabru'.
You feel a slight tightening of your muscles, but it goes away.

You get a plain steel sword from the corpse of the cityguard.
You get a blue vest with a white circle from the corpse of the cityguard.
You get a hooded lantern from the corpse of the cityguard.
You get a silvery ring from the corpse of the cityguard.
You get a pair of blue gloves from the corpse of the cityguard.

A fire elemental spits out a ball of flame!
The gods protect Nallokin from a fire elemental.
The gods protect Jagaub from a fire elemental.
A fire elemental's fireball MASSACRES you!
A fire elemental's fireball *** DEMOLISHES *** an archer!
Your pierce misses a fire elemental.
The gods protect a fire elemental from an archer.
A fire elemental is gushing blood.

Jagaub gets a leather backpack from the corpse of Calessin.
Jagaub gets a braided circlet of dusty red crystal from the corpse of Calessin.
Jagaub gets a pitch-black ring from the corpse of Calessin.
Jagaub gets a wide bronze belt from the corpse of Calessin.
Jagaub gets a pitch-black ring from the corpse of Calessin.
Jagaub gets a staff of elemental power named 'Earth' from the corpse of Calessin.
Jagaub gets the Great Crown of the Svirfnebli from the corpse of Calessin.
Jagaub gets a pair of armguards from the snow worm from the corpse of Calessin.
Jagaub gets a shield from the hide of a snow worm from the corpse of Calessin.
Jagaub gets 49201 gold coins from the corpse of Calessin.

Lsoigo has arrived.

ber

You get a little madder.
You yell 'Die, Nallokin, you sorcerous dog!'
You deflect Nallokin's spell!
Your spellbane maims Nallokin!
You MANGLE Nallokin!

Calessin has arrived.

Calessin leaves south.

flee
Temple Square

A fountain is here, gushing blood.
You flee from combat!

w
High Road

The corpse of the cityguard is lying here.
The severed eye of the cityguard lies here.
The corpse of Calessin is lying here.
The splattered brains of Calessin are lying here.
Vitellius is here.
Lsoigo is here.
(Translucent) Nallokin is here.
Jagaub is here.
A raging tower of flame hovers just above the ground.
An archer is here, watching the forests for any movement.
Vitellius yells 'Help! I am being attacked by Vintak!'
Your pierce MANGLES Vitellius!
Vitellius has a few scratches.

Calessin has arrived.

Vitellius entangles your feet and sends you to the ground!
Vitellius's lash scratches you.

flee

A fire elemental has arrived.
You yell 'Help! I'm being attacked by a fire elemental!'
A croaking challegha demon has arrived.
You yell 'Help! I'm being attacked by a croaking challegha demon!'
You parry a croaking challegha demon's suction.
A fire elemental's flaming bite DISMEMBERS you!
A croaking challegha demon's suction MUTILATES you!
You dodge a croaking challegha demon's suction.
Vitellius parries your pierce.
You parry Vitellius's slice.
Vitellius's slice wounds you.
Vitellius has some small but disgusting cuts.

Calessin gets the cobbler's shoes from the corpse of Calessin.
Calessin gets an ivory bracelet from the corpse of Calessin.
Calessin gets an ivory bracelet from the corpse of Calessin.
Calessin gets the staff of healing medicine from the corpse of Calessin.
Calessin gets a bone breastplate from the corpse of Calessin.
Calessin gets a sleek black rod from the corpse of Calessin.
Calessin gets the cape of lightning from the corpse of Calessin.
Calessin gets a pair of spiked gauntlets from the corpse of Calessin.
Calessin gets an ice-cold broach from the corpse of Calessin.
Calessin gets a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt from the corpse of Calessin.
Calessin gets a seashell ring from the corpse of Calessin.
Vitellius has some small but disgusting cuts.

flee

You dodge a croaking challegha demon's suction.
A croaking challegha demon's kick injures you.
Your pierce Vitellius!
Vitellius is gushing blood.

Jagaub drops a shield from the hide of a snow worm.
Vitellius is gushing blood.

flee
Temple Square

A fountain is here, gushing blood.
You flee from combat!

GEEZ!! (Guest)Sat 15-Jun-02 06:46 AM

#6954, "RE: This had to have been when you rolled Rio..hehe"
In response to Reply #17

complex running around and whacking that I would never comprehend...

Rio (Guest)Fri 14-Jun-02 06:42 AM

#6951, "Replies and corrections"
In response to Reply #4

To avoid starting flame war, I'll try to cover all the questions here.

"...to make the game enjoyable for us.": read "...to make the game enjoyable for me.". I was wrong in speaking for others.

I played rarely not because I didn't want to play, but due to numerous OOC factors. One of them is cable modem vs. phone line conflict, another one is my career I try to focus on.

As for playing "just to keep the character from autodeleting", it's simply not true. I played 2-5 times per month, about 3 hours avg. per session.

Thror and Intronan: thank you for the support. I understand that my staying in the Village till the end was a privelege, not a right, and appreciate you let me play character even as rarely as I did. I really tried to stay in touch with the character and do what I had to do. I enjoyed every moment of playing Rio.

Klushakov: I'm going to post logs on Dioxide log board, but mostly combat logs. You are welcome to post things you logged from your view.

Gabe: How many times Vintak died to Calessin, 5 or 6?

Caeth: I remember our interactions and enjoyed them as well. Good job!

I'm not going to roll another character in nearest future, but I'm not going to quit CF either. I hope ADSL will appear in my district soon, so I'll be able to play more often and much more reliable.

Rio

GabeFri 14-Jun-02 08:31 AM
182 posts
#6952, "RE: Replies and corrections"
In response to Reply #19

hah! Vintak died to everyone, so I am going to throw caution to the wind and say you probably took about 3 con on your own...

Gabe

Grollaski (Guest)Fri 14-Jun-02 02:31 PM

#6950, "Finally!"
In response to Reply #4

The credit I fucking deserve for all my gnome squashing foul language! After Goapa stole my shield, there were only two villagers I really interacted with (being you and Sevhoor). I really liked your character, and it really bothered me that people thought you should delete after you put so much time in as leader, and as a mortal. Thumbs up.

Great job!

LoborguzSat 15-Jun-02 12:13 AM
0 posts
#6949, "RE: Goodbye, cruel world, it's over, walk on by..."
In response to Reply #4

I liked Rio and I never had any problems with your being around so infrequently. We spent some time together but not much so I don't feel qualified to comment on your rp, but you never broke into ooc or anything else blatantly wrong, and you certainly fought well.

I say good job and you deserve to be pleased.

v_vegaSun 16-Jun-02 06:10 AM
49 posts
#6948, "well done"
In response to Reply #4

Praerid: I enjoyed both the fight we had in my youth and our times in the Village.

i didn't think anoyone would remember him... hehe. well our chars saw alot of each other before we got inducted and less afterwards, then i moved to ireland, where i had no internet connection but somehow i tried to keep the char so i could play some on a internet café once or twice a week, this didn't go that well and i had thror uninducting and inducting me while i was defending some master invoker (rather annoying to have you're power set back to 70%)... i fellt i was a waste of space in the village as it where so i decided to delete... for some reason i haven't tried a rager since then. anyway don't listen to thoose who whined about how much you logged in... Rio was a solid char and you did the best of your situation.

/v_vega

Belaran/Caeth (Guest)Wed 12-Jun-02 08:08 PM

#6971, "I'm truly impressed with you being a rager!"
In response to Reply #0

Remember you got me as Caeth a couple of times. Good playing there and for a Rager to die old age, it seems you know your skills and ways pretty well enough to survive. Well done!

GabeWed 12-Jun-02 09:45 AM
182 posts
#6972, "RE: (AGE) Rio the Perfect Crime, Honored Blade of War"
In response to Reply #0

You gave Grummore a run for his money.

Klushakov (Guest)Wed 12-Jun-02 12:58 AM

#6973, "Managed to get most of it logged."
In response to Reply #0

Do you want me to paste it for you?

I'll email it after Klushakov is gone. I just don't feel lik editing it.

That was the only time I ever spoke with you and I wonder what I missed.

Fair well

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6945 Previous topic | Next topic