Subject: "(DELETED) Vreksoek Vrybroek the Natural Bloodlust, Nigh..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #69214
Show all folders

Vreksoek (Guest)Tue 17-Jun-08 12:00 PM

#69214, "(DELETED) Vreksoek Vrybroek the Natural Bloodlust, Nigh..."

Helluva fun ride. I've played several rangers in the past, but this was my first time in outlander, and I've got to say I love the cabal-- such internal dynamics and opportunity to interract with so many different types of characters..great experience.

When I rolled up Vreksoek, It was really just to give the plainsrunner build a try. Long story short, it's a very cool niche, but I missed snare. Someone else could definitely be more deadly than I with it though (Where are all the Fortress plainsrunners wink wink?). I honestly have to say that I enjoyed playing him from day one, through the mid ranks, all the way to the end.

So I planned on sticking with Vreksoek for the long haul, but just felt like it was time to give him a rest. It felt selfish to keep him alive when there are others who can surely put in more time. I feel the leader position is something that should require consistent times, and it's not fair to anyone in the cabal or waiting to apply to be missing for a week here and there.

So. I never really expected to get any sort of leader position and I certainly wasn't shooting for it, but I really am grateful to the Imms for giving Vrek a shot. Some of my favorite times were speaking with applicants and inducting people, which surprised me because I thought this would be the most painful part. I tried to make induction pretty simple and as interesting as I could make it without it being a chore. I hoped it was alright, as I've never done it before.

So onto goodbyes... in no particular order and I know I'm missing a bunch...

Firstly, Thanks to the Imms. Great game, and I loved the title, thanks for that. Not many immteractions, but the couple I had were cool. I liked the "blood" echoes.. at least I hope those were for me .

Additionally, thanks to pretty much all the players who hands down make this game one of the most addicting and unique games around and who always kept me having fun.

OUTLANDER:

Throkk: Awesome character. My mentor early on. Vrek "adopted" some things RP-wise from you so thanks. And I appreciated you showing me some ropes and especially for inducting Vrek. I enjoyed the totem thing and Vrek held onto that damned buckskin dress until the very end muaha. That thing was central to his whole being. (and it's a testament to the coolness of folks for never being full-looted).

Macha: Highborn. You always seemed to be everywhere. Vrek really liked Macha and didn't mind he was an elf because you just helped him so damned much . I'm not quite sure if it's within the correct scope of RP for the Nightreaver and the Sunwarden to be on such decent terms, but you never really told me who I should or shouldn't kill so I had absolutely no problems with you. I couldn't figure out if you were just messing with me when you would always juice me up with all your spells ~every~ time I ran into you, or you were just being nice... but I appreciated it. You made Vrek a beast at mid levels with all the quickenings wink wink. Really cool personality too. Cool, Calm and Collected. Keep truckin!

Nizi: I really liked Nizi. When you first came up for some reason I thought you were new- perhaps it was your carefree RP. But then I realized I was very very wrong. When you were around it was like insta-army no matter what. Very cool little guy with fun RP and a cool mix of free-spiritidness and tenacious killer. The only question I have is what happened that one night when we got the scepter and you just disappeared without placing it.... or was I just really high and hallucinated the whole thing?

Telda: I said a little on your goodbyes and I'll echo that here. Fun character who seemed to enjoy himself and those around. You really made Outlander nasty when you were on. And I always enjoyed talking with you. And when you'd drop down and give me an aura potion was nice too .

Jhoqu: How could I almost forget! One of the finest RP-ers I've ever encountered. Faithfully unselfish. And deathful. You showed me those aura talismans which helped me out immensely. I loved the "beastkin" thing, and how you immediately enhanced the RP of all those you came into contact with. I hope I run into another of your characters someday.

Seyrianna: The first time I met you I woke you up from being slept meaning to remove my spear and hold a gem or something but I didn't and ended up smacking you a bit with a spear.. ouch. You replied perfectly: "I bet you enjoyed making me bleed like that". Whoops. Anyways, you seemed unselfish, consistent, and sort of the protector-of-the-herd type. As with Macha, I wasn't too sure how close to get to Sey, but I'd like to think we got along fine.

Naboueh: I think my first unduct. I knew Throkk meant to induct you so I wanted to make it painless for you. You're RP was hella cool so it was a no brainer. It's refreshing to interact with a fire giant who acts like a fire giant. You seem like quite a brute I think you could make a cool Nightreaver if you wanted.

Jayundar: Probably my favorite inductee to interract with from an RP standpoint. I felt bad about making you wait so long from the first time I spoke with you so I wanted to come up with a special induction thing... I hope you liked it. I really looked forward to seeing more of you but either our times never meshed or maybe I just stopped playing as much I never ran into you. Keep trucking I hope to hear good things about you.

Jhailou: Swamp cat. You were someone who everyone was telling me I HAD to speak with, but it was during a time when I wasn't around much. When I finally spoke with you I found out you were as neat as I heard about. When you told me you found "the highest branch in the tree" as your spot I smiled. I was going to post a note/pray recommending either yourself or Naboueh as Nightreaver before I deleted, but felt I just wasn't around enough of late to make that call.

All other inductees: You were all really awesome, and I thank you so much for your enthusiasm and for making it fun to interview and to speak with you.. I didn't know that the process would be so easy from the other side, and the only reason for this was all of your cool attitudes and thoughtful RP.

Apologies to those I nver got a chance to finish inducting.. Cryso I was always looking for you .

EMPIRE:

Kostyan: I don't think I need to say anything that isn't self evident. You really had my number. I would come at you prepped with aura/shield/stone skin and you would whoop on me whether I was using a spear, mithril sword, shield, no shield, whatever. I finally got wise and I think once did pretty alright for a few rounds against you by just serpent striking with all my prots up ... I think that could have worked... but then you do the stun thing. Damnit you had me covered six ways from sunday. You never looted me though, and I sensed respect from your character. I maybe am one of the few who got a kick out of your terse imperial RP. I got to see firsthand that there really is a skilled player behind chuck, not just stsf-in-a-box ;P.

Kornuel: Darned tough, we had a few scraps and you killed me a couple times. I knew I'd need to catch you by surprise if I ever got you but I don't think it ever really amounted to much from my side. Not nearly as scary as Kosy though .

BATTLE:

Jalenkan: Classy and honorable. I was always a bit confused when you would offer to help with the scions or ask about coordinating retrievals, being that you're and elf and I'm Nightreaver. But that also goes to show that you aren't just playing a pigeonholed white-hatted dude with pointy ears and that's cool.

Djabree: Don't feel bad about that fight in Galadon, Vrek was prepped to the teeth as I was just about to raid the Spire. Normally that entwine+boneshatter would have ended my day in seconds.

TRIBUNAL:

Inglor: Pesky pesky pesky. Cool old Elf though I always knew you would never give up and would most of time whoop me around with your guards and blinding my face technique. I don't think I saw another Tribunal with even 1/10th of the logevity and tenacity you had.

Takezenallan: Yet another stsf guy whom I could barely touch. Well done.

Well, I'm surely forgetting a ton of folks, but my memory ain't so good as it used to be and it was a long ride.. Thanks again all for the good times. I'll defintely be seeing y'all around in one form or another.

Hreah!

- Vreksoek Vrybroek the Natural Bloodlust, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Jayundar (Guest)Mon 23-Jun-08 12:11 PM

#69390, "eep"
In response to Reply #0

Sorry for the late reply, I thought I had already!

I wish I had seen more of you, but I was inducted during a day I had off from work so our normal hours did not overlap much.

My only regret is that others did not get to experience such an awesomely rp'd induction ceremony. Thanks for making it special for me!

Mizfara (Guest)Tue 17-Jun-08 12:25 PM

#69216, "RE: (DELETED) Vreksoek Vrybroek the Natural Bloodlust, ..."
In response to Reply #0

We had a couple good fights early on, but then our times never matched up again. That time near Evermoon Hollow, after you ambushed and I marked, I thought to myself, "Man am I going to roll this guy". Boy was I wrong. Those wasps are nasty. I ended up teleporting to Arial City and made it to the healer with about 15 hp left.

Also, funny story: that time I chased you from Silverwood to the Virgin Forest, I didn't realize you had insected me until I was already three steps into the maze. At which point it occurred to me, "Yeah, I guess he lead me in here on purpose." Figured I was toast for sure, but somehow managed to find my way back out before you got to me.

By all accounts Vreksoek was a great character, though we didn't get to interact all that much. Keep 'em coming.

Kostyan (Guest)Tue 17-Jun-08 12:14 PM

#69215, "Well done"
In response to Reply #0

Awesome char. I respected you from IC and OOC side. Class act. Thats why I never took anything from you.

And by the way. You almost got me three of four times

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #69214 Previous topic | Next topic