Subject: "(Deleted) Vyborny" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #67087
Show all folders

Vyborny (Guest)Mon 10-Mar-08 11:02 PM

#67087, "(Deleted) Vyborny"

So I logged on today, and there was no orb in the Fortress. Okay I thought. But then I type a who PK and 5 out of 8 people in my PK range are Imperials. A shaman, healer, warrior, assassin and bard. I think to myself that I have no chance in hell, so I hold out for a while. Two and a half hours later, some of them start to log off, probably due to boredom of sitting at the Palace jacking each other off, and waiting to gank the #### out of me. The several taunts thrown at me for being a coward during this wait period wasn't exactly cool either. Really, I should have just said screw it and just logged off long before, but I had a few hours to kill, so eh, whatever. No one has fun as 1 against 5 enemies of the same cabal (unless you're 3000hp, 200 dam roll AP). And when you have 5 allies, no one has fun either. But I decided to stay anyway, and I finally get the opportunity to make an attempt at a retrieval with two people (a warrior and transmuter). But of course, I would get assassinated in the process, even after I thought I was being cautious. I would really like to express my dislike for assassinate. Or any other one shot ability. But of course, they will remain in the game until the game dies. Personally, I don't like playing the game like some sort of paranoid crack addict that constantly has to teleport, recall or run to areas where assassins can't hide. But that's not the worst of it. No, getting full looted by an army of undead by an out-of-range necromancer, who was ordered to do so by a "superior" of another sect. Then I am taunted further by these Imperials by them saying they dropped all my armor at the Throne room. It's a suicide run, I know, but I try anyway. I die. And as though that wasn't enough, some Imm has to chime in and start taunting me as well. End rant.

So I'm writing this and posting my own deletion so that I don't reactivate, because I tend to do that on occasion.

Other than that, I mostly enjoyed the character and several of the people I met.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (Deleted) Vyborny, Armin (Guest), 12-Mar-08 12:44 PM, #14
Reply All Fortress members are tagged with a vuln_assassinate..., DurNominator, 12-Mar-08 12:03 PM, #13
Reply They never got me!, Mek (Guest), 12-Mar-08 02:07 PM, #15
Reply Fook, Ortmarraak (Guest), 11-Mar-08 11:14 AM, #9
Reply RE: Double Fook, Vyborny (Guest), 11-Mar-08 03:42 PM, #12
Reply Ugh, Rayihn, 11-Mar-08 06:18 AM, #7
Reply RE: Ugh, Vyborny (Guest), 11-Mar-08 03:31 PM, #10
Reply RE: (Deleted) Vyborny, Lyristeon, 11-Mar-08 05:03 AM, #6
Reply Vyborny, Istdinen (Guest), 11-Mar-08 01:39 AM, #5
Reply RE: Istdinen, Vyborny (Guest), 11-Mar-08 03:40 PM, #11
Reply RE: (Deleted) Vyborny, Mizfara (Guest), 11-Mar-08 01:03 AM, #3
Reply RE: (Deleted) Vyborny, Vehldriss (Guest), 10-Mar-08 11:23 PM, #2
Reply Were you sphere Anger or Rage? And what was up with th..., Vrtainen (Guest), 10-Mar-08 11:21 PM, #1
     Reply Sphere combat., Vyborny (Guest), 11-Mar-08 01:28 AM, #4
          Reply RE: Sphere combat., Mizfara (Guest), 11-Mar-08 07:40 AM, #8

Armin (Guest)Wed 12-Mar-08 12:44 PM

#67130, "RE: (Deleted) Vyborny"
In response to Reply #0

Dude, that sucks. I know how it is though, you know how hard I suck at this game. I took a few years off, come back and have no idea what I'm doing and still trying to relearn. So, through my own personal suck and being killed by several people (As well as one shotted with assassinate, ambush and the other suprise attacks when weakened) I can understand why.

I really liked this character through, pretty cool. I figured you or Miz would be the next Captain.

Hate to see you go dude.

DurNominatorWed 12-Mar-08 12:03 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67129, "All Fortress members are tagged with a vuln_assassinate..."
In response to Reply #0

My Fortie got assassinated too, and I personally witnessed (as my character) Gryshilniar getting assassinated by an Imperial assassin.

Mek (Guest)Wed 12-Mar-08 02:07 PM

#67132, "They never got me!"
In response to Reply #13

Or did they? Hell if I can remember.

Ortmarraak (Guest)Tue 11-Mar-08 11:14 AM

#67104, "Fook"
In response to Reply #0

Dude, I'm sorry about that - I hate lowbie looters too. I had no idea he'd been stalking you for so long.

Life as a goodie is hard rightnow, I feel your pain. If it makes you feel any better, I died trying to keep the vanquisher from returning...

GLWTN

Vyborny (Guest)Tue 11-Mar-08 03:42 PM

#67113, "RE: Double Fook"
In response to Reply #9

You weren't supposed to die while I was suiciding myself!

Yeah, I knew Vehldriss was stalking for quite a long time. But I saw him in Balator and figured that would throw off the stalk count. I guess it didn't complete negate it. Oh well.

I'm curious what your legacies are. The polearm/mace thing can be really powerful if in the right hands and right legacies. Even some edge choices can really up the power of this combo. It's always one of those things that I'd like to do, but end up doing something else instead.

RayihnTue 11-Mar-08 06:18 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67097, "Ugh"
In response to Reply #0

Ok, the lisp got on my nerves, but besides that I liked this character. I was about to Maran you and was looking at you for Captain, so I'm extra disappointed to see this. Well, good luck on your next. I can admit in your shoes with Empire as strong as it is right now, I wouldn't want to face those odds either.

Vyborny (Guest)Tue 11-Mar-08 03:31 PM

#67110, "RE: Ugh"
In response to Reply #7

I really, really wanted to take this character places. But alas, I guess it was just not meant to be. There were a few more role ideas and tidbits that I thought would have really helped round the character out, too. *sigh*

Thanks for the encouraging words.

LyristeonTue 11-Mar-08 05:03 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67095, "RE: (Deleted) Vyborny"
In response to Reply #0

I just read this rant and I just have to say, bleh. You sat in Galadon for nearly an hour and let the assassin stalk you until no end. I am sorry, but, assassinate isn't the "one shot deal" you think it is. But, when you sit in one place and LET an assassin stalk you for that long, you have nobody to blame but yourself.

There are always going to be power swings on occasion. When things aren't going your way, go someplace where they aren't and explore, work on skills, do some quests, try to figure out some quests, etc. Don't sit in one easily recognized place and wait for the beating.

Looting is part of the game. When you die, expect or accept that your gear is forfeit. If communication doesn't get your gear back, then so be it. Committing suicide against lousy odds is not going to help you keep your gear. In fact, the more people that are involved, the less likely you are going to get much back at all because each piece might have a use for that many people.

Istdinen (Guest)Tue 11-Mar-08 01:39 AM

#67094, "Vyborny"
In response to Reply #0

This is a real kick in the gut. I was really digging running around with you. I hope this hasn't soured you entirely to the thought of another Fortie. For what it is worth I thought you handled the few bad situations we managed to find ourselves in with grace and dignity.

Good luck with your next choice.

Vyborny (Guest)Tue 11-Mar-08 03:40 PM

#67112, "RE: Istdinen"
In response to Reply #5

I kept thinking I was going to log on and finally see you as an Acolyte. Your play times generally seemed to match with mine, so you really helped fill the slow times in the wee hours of the night (or morning, depending on where you live I guess?). You are a very competent healer (I'd be surprised if you said it was your first). And you do the two things healers do well, and should do well: Stay alive and keep people alive.

Istdinen for Cardinal!

Mizfara (Guest)Tue 11-Mar-08 01:03 AM

#67091, "RE: (Deleted) Vyborny"
In response to Reply #0

That sucks, dude. We didn't get to run around that much, but I liked Vyborny. You seemed to really know what you were doing. Basically, against those odds, there's almost zero chance of you retrieving unless you can do it sneaky-like, or unless Team Empire really drops the ball. Or maybe if they're all stuck in Hell or something.

You know what you need to do now. Roll an Imperial, and reform it from the inside.

Vehldriss (Guest)Mon 10-Mar-08 11:23 PM

#67090, "RE: (Deleted) Vyborny"
In response to Reply #0

After I heard that you were being suicidal for your equipment, I went back to the palace and removed them from the Throne room. I was going to tell you to stop littering your body at the throne and pick them up, but alas, you quit out.

All in all, I thought your character was kinda cool. With you and one of the paladin, I couldn't even come close to assassinating you, because of your legacy.

Also, that last assassination...you were in galadon for the better part of a hour. I must've had at least 30 stalks on you, and I'm fairly certain that you were aware I was stalking you.

Anyways, good luck on your next one.

Vrtainen (Guest)Mon 10-Mar-08 11:21 PM

#67089, "Were you sphere Anger or Rage? And what was up with th..."
In response to Reply #0

Other than those questions, I got nothing to say except wow you really beat my ass that last time in Hamsah. I mean, really beat my ass.

Vyborny (Guest)Tue 11-Mar-08 01:28 AM

#67092, "Sphere combat."
In response to Reply #1

And I just wanted to add some flavor to the character, so I gave him a lisp. Sometimes it was a hinderance though, but all in all, enjoyable.

I ran into you couple times when you were already injured, usually resulting in your death. It was really just bad timing more often than not. As a dark-elf village applicant, I'm sure you have people gunning for you all the time. But I could tell you wanted a fair fight, and so you brought it to me. Unfortunately for you, a mithril vulnerability isn't an easy thing to cover.

Hang tough, because people are going to want your head.

Mizfara (Guest)Tue 11-Mar-08 07:40 AM

#67100, "RE: Sphere combat."
In response to Reply #4

It was impressive how well you kept that up. It's bad enough when the game does it for you (e.g. minotaurs) but having to cook up that accent on your own, for every say or tell...that's dedication.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #67087 Previous topic | Next topic