Subject: "Daichyl Ti Beraam the Deft Shadow of the Mist, Captain ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #66974
Show all folders

BeerWed 05-Mar-08 12:52 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66974, "Daichyl Ti Beraam the Deft Shadow of the Mist, Captain of the Brigade"

Well, that's it. I'm quite done. I have been waiting for the role contest and see how my role felt like to the Immortals and decide if I delete or not. But today was a bit bitter, I have been bored for a while now having other ideas to play with and so I decided to pull the plug.

So, to those who knows me, it may be a surprise being that I've had a hero goodie. Captain of the Brigade too. I'm an Imperial player (May have showed when I'd say 'Let's go gather back the Codex' on the cabal channel...that was kinda embarassing) and well, I've NEVER had any goodies over 40's...well one but I was a newbie back then and I did not practice dodge on that storm giant axe spec...it was back when Strohm was about and Entropies too. My first hero assassin too so it also showed. I never was able to assassinate someone...but then, sometimes I never had foes that I could stalk. But that's no excuses. I've learned a lot about how to gear a goodie so it's cool. I've explored a few places too.

So how did I decide to roll this one? After Zevsa, I didn't play much and felt like I should play something unusual to me. I've been watching those Naruto's and I wanted to have some sort of ninja who uses techniques and not skills and who fights with the heart, not with words. I wasn't the type to taunt although in the end, I might have done it once or twice.

I wanted to join the Fortress at hero but I decided to give it a go and I was successful. First Fortie since my VERY FIRST character...which was a servant of the dawn. I was surprised to be made Maran as I died to Igbah and I was also surprised to become the Captain when I'd see people like Acvilar or Hiajist or Tondumalanas who would rarely die while I'd be the punching bag. Of course, I never learn to prep before fighting and I could have avoided some deaths. Yeah.

At the end, I was trying to reach Baerinika and become an Initiate, perhaps have a tournament Assassins/Thieves/Warriors only related to my role of being a fighter. (I'll buy the PBF when I have time for it)

A special thanks to the Imms who make that game great. Thanks Enlilth for bringing me those laughs when you'd throw those elves in your pit. Hah.

If you say something, I'll answer back. Don't feel like making a huge post and forgetting possibly anyone.

Yuber/Sakard/Vortigern/Melchisedec/Zevsa/I forget plenty

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Daichyl Ti Beraam the Deft Shadow of the Mist, Capt..., Corsix (Guest), 08-Mar-08 01:33 PM, #28
Reply Good times were had dying with you at that demon..., Riv (Guest), 06-Mar-08 10:47 PM, #24
Reply Hiajist died more than you ever imagine. Just that you'..., Hiajist (Guest), 05-Mar-08 09:04 PM, #17
Reply RE: Daichyl Ti Beraam the Deft Shadow of the Mist, Capt..., Enlilth, 05-Mar-08 03:01 PM, #8
Reply Well, Beer, 05-Mar-08 06:01 PM, #13
Reply Damn impressive to play a char this far from your comfo..., A Player (Guest), 05-Mar-08 02:19 PM, #6
Reply RE: Daichyl Ti Beraam the Deft Shadow of the Mist, Capt..., Tondumalanas (Guest), 05-Mar-08 02:13 PM, #5
Reply Enjoyed our battles..., Dragrahl (Guest), 05-Mar-08 01:40 PM, #4
Reply Bah, Beer, 05-Mar-08 05:59 PM, #12
Reply RE: Daichyl Ti Beraam the Deft Shadow of the Mist, Capt..., PSTYX, 05-Mar-08 01:20 PM, #3
Reply This makes me wonder something about Captain..., _Magus_, 05-Mar-08 02:51 PM, #7
     Reply RE: This makes me wonder something about Captain..., PSTYX, 05-Mar-08 04:56 PM, #9
     Reply Like Rayinn said, Beer, 05-Mar-08 05:58 PM, #11
     Reply Not really, Rayihn, 05-Mar-08 05:56 PM, #10
          Reply RE: Not really, Isildur, 05-Mar-08 08:24 PM, #14
          Reply You could transform your leader weapon into what you wa..., Beer, 05-Mar-08 08:30 PM, #15
          Reply RE: You could transform your leader weapon into what yo..., Isildur, 06-Mar-08 02:28 AM, #21
          Reply They already do that, but..., Lhydia, 05-Mar-08 08:53 PM, #16
          Reply I agree., Cerunnir, 05-Mar-08 09:20 PM, #18
          Reply Not all Leaders...., Firata (Guest), 05-Mar-08 11:32 PM, #19
          Reply RE: Not all Leaders...., Isildur, 06-Mar-08 02:31 AM, #22
               Reply Battle gets leader weapons, CraftedD (Guest), 07-Mar-08 11:30 AM, #26
          Reply I concur, ORB, 06-Mar-08 12:49 AM, #20
          Reply By the way, Beer, 06-Mar-08 08:35 PM, #23
               Reply RE: By the way, Rayihn, 07-Mar-08 07:24 AM, #25
                    Reply That means a lot, Beer, 07-Mar-08 05:45 PM, #27
Reply Down goes Fraiser, Sovusk (Guest), 05-Mar-08 01:14 PM, #2
Reply RE: Daichyl Ti Beraam the Deft Shadow of the Mist, Capt..., Vyborny (Guest), 05-Mar-08 01:04 PM, #1

Corsix (Guest)Sat 08-Mar-08 01:33 PM

#67056, "RE: Daichyl Ti Beraam the Deft Shadow of the Mist, Capt..."
In response to Reply #0

You were fun to hang around, and I liked being able to actually find a use for all of those weapons that I seem to find in my possession for one reason or another. I wish I could've seen you a bit more, but school can be a bitch. My times have (finally) stabilized now, but everyone is deleting left and right. Bah.

Riv (Guest)Thu 06-Mar-08 10:47 PM

#67041, "Good times were had dying with you at that demon..."
In response to Reply #0

I really enjoyed the makeup of the "party."

Also props for the talk we had in Mirkwood, er, Ar'something. I found you asleep and went back and forth about 5 times wether or nor to "amb dai onslaught"....So glad I didn't. I almost did it again when you were caught in my snare, but I could barely type the words

Heh, I remember Yuber too, good times. See you in the fields.

Hiajist (Guest)Wed 05-Mar-08 09:04 PM

#67013, "Hiajist died more than you ever imagine. Just that you'..."
In response to Reply #0

EnlilthWed 05-Mar-08 03:01 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2008
187 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66990, "RE: Daichyl Ti Beraam the Deft Shadow of the Mist, Capt..."
In response to Reply #0

Awww. Enjoyed poking at you. Hope you had fun, seemed kinda newish to me, but I felt like bothering someone, and none of my guys were around. I guess you won out? I can't make things splat in color yet darnit, but just go back and imagine all the splats in red. Beyond that spent a bit here and there watching you, and generally liked what I saw.

Someone really outta slap around that slacking bastard who's supposed to be running the March role contest. Geesh, what a worthless slacker.

-- Try an Enlilth follower today! Enlilth, now with 40% more chewey caramel in every bite. --

BeerWed 05-Mar-08 06:01 PM
322 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#67003, "Well"
In response to Reply #8

Doesn't help that english isn't my first language and that I tried something waaaaaay over my head. I'd play a shammy and I'd feel like home but what's the fun in that???

I'll post that RP log when I attacked you. That was really funny. I might enjoy myself returning to my old habits with you around now hah!

A Player (Guest)Wed 05-Mar-08 02:19 PM

#66988, "Damn impressive to play a char this far from your comfo..."
In response to Reply #0

Says alot about the player.

Good luck with the next.

Tondumalanas (Guest)Wed 05-Mar-08 02:13 PM

#66987, "RE: Daichyl Ti Beraam the Deft Shadow of the Mist, Capt..."
In response to Reply #0

Captain. I'm sorry to see you go. I logged in today and almost immediately got a call from a friend that I was going to be needed and he was coming to pick me up. I made him wait till he yelled at the top of his voice and I just had to go. All the chaos, oh my.

I will sorely miss you. It seems all the leaders have up and deleted and now there is going to be a huge slug in the Fortress. You were very well played for a first time assassin and thankfully I never got the lets get back our codex.

Good Fortunes, See you in the fields.

Tondu.

Dragrahl (Guest)Wed 05-Mar-08 01:40 PM

#66983, "Enjoyed our battles..."
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed our near-daily fights. I think we two had some mutual respect for one another, even though I knew you'd come at me at nearly every chance you got.

Of course, you were not really my enemy, but I'd rather make myself available to you for battling instead of you catching me unaware - BTW, if you would have asked for other locations for our fights, I would have obliged - I'm surprised you didn't.

Take care.

BeerWed 05-Mar-08 05:59 PM
322 posts
#67002, "Bah"
In response to Reply #4

I wanted a duel and I was overconfident most of the time which cost me in Arkham heh.

That was fun fights but boy was that annoying running for weapons all the time.

PSTYXWed 05-Mar-08 01:20 PM
Member since 06th Feb 2008
62 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66977, "RE: Daichyl Ti Beraam the Deft Shadow of the Mist, Capt..."
In response to Reply #0

God you were a beast once you got Captain. I started to have a lot of trouble fighting you. Veesa had a few tricks up his sleeves but never got to try them out. Anyway I enjoyed our interactions all the way up to the time I deleted. I didn't expect to see you here so soon. It looks like everybody is calling it quits. Guess I'll see you all back in the hero range soon.

_Magus_Wed 05-Mar-08 02:51 PM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66989, "This makes me wonder something about Captain..."
In response to Reply #3

Do they get any unique abilities beyond having a leader weapon that would make them stronger in combat?

I always thought Captain and Maran were virtually the same.

Just a random, miscellaneous question.

PSTYXWed 05-Mar-08 04:56 PM
Member since 06th Feb 2008
62 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#66994, "RE: This makes me wonder something about Captain..."
In response to Reply #7

no idea but after he got captain it seemed like kote and kan didnt do jack #### to him. even after I landed those he was still serving me up pretty good. maybe it was all about perception but I don't think I was able to kill him once after he got captain, whereas before I had a much easier time. could have been an edge, or the stats on his leader weapon. idk.

BeerWed 05-Mar-08 05:58 PM
322 posts
#67001, "Like Rayinn said"
In response to Reply #9

+ I geared more for str and dex in the end as well as HP. I didn't care about hit and dam and still was always over 30 for each.

RayihnWed 05-Mar-08 05:56 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#67000, "Not really"
In response to Reply #7

You get leader weapon, which is a better version of lightforge. I also generally throw some XP to the poor sap, which does equate to edge points, so maybe it was an edge that did it.

IsildurWed 05-Mar-08 08:24 PM
5969 posts
#67009, "RE: Not really"
In response to Reply #10

This isn't really a complaint, but I didn't think my leader weapon was that great when I played Nhiala. It was a av27 or so sword that wasn't particularly light, wasn't nodisarm, wasn't cursed, and...I think it had a physical attack. Can't remember. But I know I ended up using Amathylar or the Whitecloak Captain's sword more often, not to mention Defiance and Bal'talon (which I never got my hands on).

I guess this would probably be overpowered, but I'd like to see a leaderweapon that's:

1. Nodisarm (this sort of goes along with the "it's bonded to you" angle),
2. Made of energy (doesn't make sense for "divine" weapons to be made of common terrestrial materials),
3. Strikes with a "Light" attack,
4. Can be invoked by the leader to morph into any weapon type his class learns,
5. "Good but not fantastic" weapon average (av26 or av27).

For maran weapons, you might throw on a prog that renders any good-aligned target completely immune to the weapon's attacks.

The goal being that a leader's weapon should be his weapon-of-choice in the vast majority of situations, even when weighed against other highly-limited goodie weapons.

BeerWed 05-Mar-08 08:30 PM
322 posts
#67010, "You could transform your leader weapon into what you wa..."
In response to Reply #14

I used it as a dagger and dual wielded it with a sword of my liking.

IsildurThu 06-Mar-08 02:28 AM
5969 posts
#67022, "RE: You could transform your leader weapon into what yo..."
In response to Reply #15

I don't think this existed when I had mine. If it did, then boy do I feel dumb. (Though, realistically, I probably would have left it as a sword 90% of the time.)

LhydiaWed 05-Mar-08 08:53 PM
2382 posts
#67011, "They already do that, but..."
In response to Reply #14

I'd rather have a ####ty low average weapon that's personalized to my character with a cool title than the no effort stock leader weapon they have now, where'd the love go?

CerunnirWed 05-Mar-08 09:20 PM
Member since 21st Oct 2003
294 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#67015, "I agree."
In response to Reply #16

One of the most fun things "back then" was getting leader, with the superb added reward of a customized weapon that was named depening on role or title.

I think they could easily do this nowadays, by adding some methods to the class that is linked to the command that grant leadership. Where you essentially get questions on weapon type, weapon name and weapon title, resulting in a .

Firata (Guest)Wed 05-Mar-08 11:32 PM

#67019, "Not all Leaders...."
In response to Reply #14

Not all leaders get a Leader Weapon. So it seems an stretch asking for so much. If all leaders got Leader Weapon, then this should be valid.

IsildurThu 06-Mar-08 02:31 AM
5969 posts
#67023, "RE: Not all Leaders...."
In response to Reply #19

The leaders of most cabals get something extra for being leader. I can't speak to the situation in Scion or Battle, but clearly the Imperial Council gets a boost when they become leaders. Afaik the leaderweapon is pretty much all the Marshal/Captain get.

CraftedD (Guest)Fri 07-Mar-08 11:30 AM

#67047, "Battle gets leader weapons"
In response to Reply #22

Scions get a boast in nightwalker and stuff I believe. Fort does get leader weapon but perhaps not that good. Outlander gets insects AND leader weapons. Empire gets most of the OP'd Power :-p and a hint at enhanced power. So its seems fort is at a disadvantage next to nexus which seems to get nothing that is known.

ORBThu 06-Mar-08 12:49 AM
993 posts
#67021, "I concur"
In response to Reply #14

From what I've seen leader weapons could be better. Leaders have a huge target on them and have tons of BS to deal with. Least they could get a kick ass weapon.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

BeerThu 06-Mar-08 08:35 PM
322 posts
#67038, "By the way"
In response to Reply #10

I'd like to know what you thought of me! I assume though I got Captain because of my playtimes though.

RayihnFri 07-Mar-08 07:24 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#67044, "RE: By the way"
In response to Reply #23

I liked Daichyl a lot in general. I wouldn't call you a stand out exactly, but when I took a look at you for leader, I liked your playing times, I liked that you never said anything stupid on cabal channel, I liked that you picked smart enemies, that you weren't afraid to mix it up, that you took your deaths well, etc etc. You would raid when you could, you'd retrieve when you could, you'd RP when the opportunity came up. You hit all the bases of what I look for in a good Fortie/Captain. No, not the best PK'er, and not the loudest RP'er, but generally all around solid. I was genuinely dissappointed to see you delete, and I hope you come back to the Fortress and my religion (either) again soon. I was planning on sitting down with you and talking possible tattoo, but our times didn't quite mesh up and also I was waiting a bit to see what you did with being leader.

BeerFri 07-Mar-08 05:45 PM
322 posts
#67050, "That means a lot"
In response to Reply #25

I felt like I was more of a burden in the end and not seeing you in a while wasn't helping but yeah, we all have lives though so I understand. I will surely give it another try with something more deadlier someday. Oh yeah.

Sovusk (Guest)Wed 05-Mar-08 01:14 PM

#66976, "Down goes Fraiser"
In response to Reply #0

What a shame, just after I gave you those nice things! Oh well thems the breaks sometimes, I liked Daichyl as much as someone with my role could, good luck in the fields.

Vyborny (Guest)Wed 05-Mar-08 01:04 PM

#66975, "RE: Daichyl Ti Beraam the Deft Shadow of the Mist, Capt..."
In response to Reply #0

Thanks for giving me a chance Captain! I was on at the time you said lets go get the Codex. I was thinking about saying "what?" But you corrected yourself quickly. I thought it was humorous and not embarassing at all. You had a ton of courage, and the ability to fight against bad odds. You were a difference maker on the battlefield, and I'm sure our enemies can testify to this.

Good luck with your next, and see you in the fields.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #66974 Previous topic | Next topic