Subject: "First evil, first assassin to hero range, first scout." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #66396
Show all folders

Bapkruk deleted (Guest)Wed 13-Feb-08 01:10 AM

#66396, "First evil, first assassin to hero range, first scout."

Thus ends a long, painful experiment. I was completely outclassed by everyone I fought, and most of you were good opponents in victory or the rare defeat.

I found it very difficult to play an evil scout assassin. I was quite put off by losing kote and kans against all but one shapeshifter I fought, and I lacked the experience to fight straight up against the many enemies who could see me.

Thanks for the fights, and thanks for the education.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Atrinycyn (Guest)Wed 13-Feb-08 02:36 AM

#66403, "Nice job, enjoyed everything about you, Gl with next -n..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

Angaarn (Guest)Wed 13-Feb-08 01:41 AM

#66399, "RE: First evil, first assassin to hero range, first sco..."
In response to Reply #0

Was fun for those last few fights there. Good times. See you in the fields.

Grecken (Guest)Wed 13-Feb-08 01:31 AM

#66398, "Sorry for that last one there."
In response to Reply #0

If I had known how wounded you were, I wouldn't have gotten in the way. Just bad timing. Grecken just really hates villagers because of all the trash talk. I believe you on your first assassin. You missed eight assassination attempts on me, once while I was chasing down an orc. Gotta be patient with those assassinations. Can't change targets just because you can't find 'em for a bit. If you stay hidden you got a longer time than you think to stalk them again. Anyhow, have fun with your next.

Bapkruk (Guest)Wed 13-Feb-08 02:26 AM

#66401, "Don't worry about it."
In response to Reply #1

I could have been at full health and had the head rather than be writhing and unprotected, and I wouldn't have stood a chance against a bashing giant and a druid. You just showed sick timing getting me while I fought Ramora and then again later while I was fighting Angaarn.

I had assassinated people with fewer stalks than on my attempts upon you. I usually tried my luck with you at the 5-10 mark, but it was difficult to get more than that when there were so many duergar, assassins, and thieves who counted me as an enemy and rangers who would jump me if I stepped off a road.

In hindsight being an evil village scout was about the worst build I could have made for having successful pk with my lack of experience. Being unable to kote and kans tigers and cheetahs struck me as ridiculous since I couldn't outmelee them or run away, and although critical strike is fantastic I wouldn't take it again any time soon on a character that was malediction dependent. Someone with more experience can pull it off, but for my skills I would have been better off as a berserker or a defender.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #66396 Previous topic | Next topic