Subject: "[NEXUS] Yrillbink BarkSong, the Half-Mistress of Marplo..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64874
Show all folders

Todger-man (Guest)Sat 05-Jan-08 09:49 AM

#64874, "[NEXUS] Yrillbink BarkSong, the Half-Mistress of Marplots."

Well, I couldn't wait for the death thread to pop up so I'm gonna throw up some Good Byes with utmost impatience.

Yrillbink was rolled when I was playing Frajalar as a throw away character (but me and throw away chars are just not on the same page). It was only a matter of time before I became really interested in a concept/a role/a speech pattern/a madness and whence I rolled with the punches, I rolled and rolled and rolled. I must admit to being rude/impolite/brash/irresponsible towards my groupmates and enemies and thereof I apologise, all if good fun, Oi?

I rolled him to be the Epitome of Chaos. A Lyristeon follow. A NEXUN??? Lyristeon??? CHAOS??? Yes, you might not get it, but I'm sure Lyristeon didn't either. My only regret and complaint against Lyristeon is that he did not give me half a chance to even speak out my 'ism/philosophy' and I, in that, thought him to be a bad IMM to follow. The Idea was simple, I was an Absurdist. An existential bard who lived a paradox.

Paradox = A Bard who didn't believe in the weight of the spoken word.

Which is also why I did not write a lot and when I did, I did not bother to write anything more than pretensive crap.

Without digressing, I (Bink) saw nexus as the home to Marplots.

*** mar·plot (märplt) noun: An officious meddler whose interference compromises the success of an undertaking

Which again ironically made us all Chaos mongers and disrupters of domination. Based on Marpot from The Busy Body, a play by Susannah Centlivre I picked up an idea and tried my level best to rp it out. At times it made me annoying, at times endearing, at times throttle-worthy and at times glad. Thus in itself keeping me free-spirited with the sole hamartia of being a slave to the balance (being a wood-elf who draws the importance of balance from his inclination to Nature which is in someway a distant cousin of balance).

Conch Rats had never a real story, just a fabled hope of someday getting an imm instrument 'Horn made from the shell of a conch rat' and something to signal various emotions.

Bink was also structured around my idea + Daevyrn's description of a Nexus who commands enough fear for people he kills to not want to come running after him. I never even let Ravon dictate to me or bully me, knowing he is not one to piss off unless the balance was dominated by dark, but I didn't bother to stay in the good books of people. There were two approaches to being a Nexus + leader + good. One would be to be a diplomat and somewhat like Zesam, stay in the good books of people and attack them when balance demands and make good when all is balance. Or you could just be the tyrant that I tried to potray who did as he pleased to please the balance, not fearin' the consequences - ready to die/ready to kill/ ready to defend. I've probably faltered in my roleplay from time to time so do bear that in mind. (I'm only human after all ). I tried to be unpredictable, unfriendly, unfathomable and hard to get, keeping my distance from everyone but those of the cabal. It was a big leap in the learning curve being independant and rarely having people to group/gank. I loved runnin' around and fightin' alone and I was pegging for highest rager kills by a Nexus and I'm sure as far as highest solo killin' of rager comes I might have made it to the top five if not all the way. Bards are great and everyone keeps sayin they ought to be toned down but I think they'r flawed and fine and could use some tonin' up in some aspects. :{

Three or Four terms as Rhyme was very flattered and if given a choice I will play the Nexus again. Though not in the immediate future.

500 hundred hours down the line I'm finding it difficult to write good byes to individuals and I will in later posts try do justice to it, but overall I want to thank everyone for the fun this game provides. I did fight five man imperial ganks, four man village ganks and five man outlander bash bash bash ganks and my only regret was being stripped naked so often (most of it by lowbies).

Santa Zulg should consider a demarcation for looting from corpses. Maybe level 25 and below cannot loot from hero range corpses or something along the same lines. I realise i've give too little criticism to the mud or inputs on forums to really bitch/crib about the way it is, so I shall abstain (and thus inturn begin giving my two cents now forth ).

Thanks y'all.

More coming up.

Gorrnar, Ajourigi, Dwiyang, Trurkrag, Jargurakht, Yrillbink.

P.S - Have you seen my Todger?

P.S.S. - It was so great to be titled Todgerless by some Imm specially since I coined the term in my last hero and got titled by it in the next. Awesome stuff.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Hehe, Patick, 12-Jan-08 04:35 PM, #25
Reply I didn't hate you..., Twist, 07-Jan-08 09:21 AM, #14
Reply This is more or less where I'm at., Daevryn, 07-Jan-08 11:29 AM, #15
     Reply Nexus seems like te new Entropy., Pro (Guest), 07-Jan-08 04:42 PM, #18
          Reply Yeah, totally chaos!, BerakBatu (Guest), 07-Jan-08 05:30 PM, #19
          Reply Which are your long-lived Nexus characters?, Daevryn, 07-Jan-08 06:50 PM, #20
          Reply Whois Bashing?, Pro (Guest), 07-Jan-08 08:14 PM, #22
               Reply He said basing, not bashing. NT, Lyristeon, 07-Jan-08 09:06 PM, #23
                    Reply Oh..., Pro (Guest), 07-Jan-08 10:29 PM, #24
                         Reply Do you ever give an example to back up your points?, lurker, 13-Jan-08 12:31 PM, #26
                              Reply Sure... Observe How they act., Pro (Guest), 13-Jan-08 08:59 PM, #27
          Reply As of late, I'd agree with this statement., _Magus_Guest_ (Guest), 07-Jan-08 08:06 PM, #21
Reply Loved and hated Yrillbink!, BerakBatu (Guest), 06-Jan-08 07:23 PM, #9
Reply RE: Loved and hated Yrillbink!, Todger-man (Guest), 07-Jan-08 08:46 AM, #10
     Reply Well, quite new yes., BerakBatu (Guest), 07-Jan-08 11:34 AM, #16
Reply RE: [NEXUS] Yrillbink BarkSong, the Half-Mistress of Ma..., Lyristeon, 06-Jan-08 07:41 AM, #4
Reply You need to explain sexual harrassment for everyone, CraftedD (Guest), 06-Jan-08 02:58 PM, #5
Reply RE: You need to explain sexual harrassment for everyone, Lyristeon, 06-Jan-08 04:44 PM, #6
     Reply No, you need to write a helpfile., CraftedD (Guest), 06-Jan-08 05:02 PM, #7
          Reply Nvm. I found it. nt, CraftedD (Guest), 06-Jan-08 05:05 PM, #8
Reply RE: [NEXUS] Yrillbink BarkSong, the Half-Mistress of Ma..., Todger-man (Guest), 07-Jan-08 08:50 AM, #11
     Reply Don't take this the wrong way., Lyristeon, 07-Jan-08 04:15 PM, #17
Reply Well, well, well., Throkk (Guest), 06-Jan-08 07:15 AM, #3
Reply RE: Well, well, well., Todger-man (Guest), 07-Jan-08 08:54 AM, #13
Reply Gah, Kiraan (Guest), 06-Jan-08 05:56 AM, #2
Reply RE: Gah, Todger-man (Guest), 07-Jan-08 08:53 AM, #12
Reply RE: [NEXUS] Yrillbink BarkSong, the Half-Mistress of Ma..., Maxwell (Guest), 05-Jan-08 02:22 PM, #1

PatickSat 12-Jan-08 04:35 PM
Member since 17th Oct 2007
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#65215, "Hehe"
In response to Reply #0

I remember hiding from you in the inn and stuff. where you would tell me you wanted me to come fight you. I thought you were really fun. and even though im sure you would have tried to kill me a few times. I figured you wouldn't. we did have a few good travels. sorry the trip to hell didn't work out. im sure we would of gotten farther if you were there.

Alpha-Q

TwistMon 07-Jan-08 09:21 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64918, "I didn't hate you..."
In response to Reply #0

...at least not as much as you probably think.

But the conversations you held/incited/prolonged over cb did make me want to scrub my eyes with steel wool at times. It's fine that you were rping a nitwit. The thing that bothered me was the folks who are still a little new to the whole RP thing and pattern their RP after someone else who they think is cool. So all of a sudden instead of one somewhat original char who was a nitwit, we had 3 or 4 of you all nit-witting back and forth.

Bleh.

I thought you did a pretty good job in leadership though. You were the only leader in a cabal that is sorta meant to have two, and for quite a while, and yet Nexus numbers didn't dip, nor were they excessively large. And overall, Nexus *did* do what it was supposed to, while you were leading.

So nice work!

PS I still can't believe you named a char that was an evil, deviant sort of individual "Dviyant". Yeesh.

DaevrynMon 07-Jan-08 11:29 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64920, "This is more or less where I'm at."
In response to Reply #14

Yrillbink was definitely one of the best Nexuns of his time, but if I was asked to name my favorite character(s) of yours, he wouldn't be it.

Not bad, just, I know you've produced better. (And, to be fair, I can and do say the same thing about nearly every character I play.)

Pro (Guest)Mon 07-Jan-08 04:42 PM

#64937, "Nexus seems like te new Entropy."
In response to Reply #15

an absolute chaotic mess that has nothing to do with balance once you leave the help files.

BerakBatu (Guest)Mon 07-Jan-08 05:30 PM

#64938, "Yeah, totally chaos!"
In response to Reply #18

80% of the Nexite chars I meet below lvl 40 is just about chaos and killing everything, even worse than most villagers at those lvls...

Just chaos...

DaevrynMon 07-Jan-08 06:50 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#64942, "Which are your long-lived Nexus characters?"
In response to Reply #18

Just curious what you're basing that on.

Pro (Guest)Mon 07-Jan-08 08:14 PM

#64947, "Whois Bashing?"
In response to Reply #20

It is what it is.

LyristeonMon 07-Jan-08 09:06 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64953, "He said basing, not bashing. NT"
In response to Reply #22

nt

Pro (Guest)Mon 07-Jan-08 10:29 PM

#64955, "Oh..."
In response to Reply #23

I'm basing it off the built in logic of the cabal and the natural affect it has on the game.

lurkerSun 13-Jan-08 12:31 PM
Member since 13th Mar 2006
249 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65234, "Do you ever give an example to back up your points?"
In response to Reply #24

No wait you just spout from your mouth like it was an uncontrollable geyser of feces. Thanks for playing.

Pro (Guest)Sun 13-Jan-08 08:59 PM

#65279, "Sure... Observe How they act."
In response to Reply #26

If you took away their rhetoric.. what would you have?

_Magus_Guest_ (Guest)Mon 07-Jan-08 08:06 PM

#64945, "As of late, I'd agree with this statement."
In response to Reply #18

Starting with Yrillbink.

BerakBatu (Guest)Sun 06-Jan-08 07:23 PM

#64905, "Loved and hated Yrillbink!"
In response to Reply #0

Sometimes it was a delight fighting you, both as Berak and as Batu. Other times it was just hellish, the PK was always equally good but the RP was REALLY annoying at times. Sometimes I just hated your guts nad wanted to go ooc on you, other times I just felt like huging Yrillbink.

Overall, liked your char.

Hope to see more of you in the future as well!

Todger-man (Guest)Mon 07-Jan-08 08:46 AM

#64914, "RE: Loved and hated Yrillbink!"
In response to Reply #9

I loved both Berak and Batu. Are you relatively new to the Mud? In which case you are just the kind of players this MUD requires to increase its happy quotient.

Berak was just meat once I was hero and I could so beat hands down in pk, Batu was tough and made me use that dread word 'Tactics'.

I hope I can come back to playing soon, and equally hope to cross paths with your characters again.

Great Going, Cheers.
Bink

BerakBatu (Guest)Mon 07-Jan-08 11:34 AM

#64921, "Well, quite new yes."
In response to Reply #10

I had a hero Paladin named Amberion more than six years ago, haven't played since. Started playing again in may 2007. Since then I've had, Maynak, Cedek, Berak, Batu and Bjorn. Also a few lvl 30 chars that haven't been anything good.

Starting to get a grip of things.

LyristeonSun 06-Jan-08 07:41 AM
1282 posts
#64892, "RE: [NEXUS] Yrillbink BarkSong, the Half-Mistress of Ma..."
In response to Reply #0

>I rolled him to be the Epitome of Chaos. A Lyristeon follow. A
>NEXUN??? Lyristeon??? CHAOS??? Yes, you might not get it, but
>I'm sure Lyristeon didn't either. My only regret and complaint
>against Lyristeon is that he did not give me half a chance to
>even speak out my 'ism/philosophy' and I, in that, thought him
>to be a bad IMM to follow. The Idea was simple, I was an
>Absurdist. An existential bard who lived a paradox.

I watched and spoke about you a lot more than you realize. You were sphere LOVE, not CHAOS. You decided to change to chaos after you had your sex change mishap. Let's see what went wrong. Your prayers started off about having your sex changed back. But, then you also ran around kissing guys. That was enough for you to stay a woman unless you changed it back yourself. And you continued even when they asked you not to. You had to be pulled into the realm of the dead to have sexual harassment explained to you. You stopped, but, you left there without fully realizing that sexual harassment is breaking the rules whether YOU think it is funny or not. When you realized that praying for a fix wasn't going to work, especially after kissing guys, you decided to start praying for me to check out your man boobs. Sorry, but, your prayers were bleh in regards to that. All in all, Yrillbink would not have made a successful Imp follower. Your unpredictability was way too predictable. You may have done well with Entropy though.

CraftedD (Guest)Sun 06-Jan-08 02:58 PM

#64898, "You need to explain sexual harrassment for everyone"
In response to Reply #4

What is considered 'sexual harrassment' in regards to context of rp? I can see possible sexual harrassment on people who get pissed off and go OOC. But 'sexually harrassing' a roleplayed character in a game isnt sexually harrassing you behind the screen. So who is being sexually harrassed by kisses here?

LyristeonSun 06-Jan-08 04:44 PM
1282 posts
#64900, "RE: You need to explain sexual harrassment for everyone"
In response to Reply #5

If someone is kissing you and you don't want them too and you continue to do it after being asked not to, that is sexual harassment. By your analogy, any sexual innuendo is okay because it is behind a computer screen. You are wrong.

Now, if you choose not to agree with our rules regarding sexual harassment, that is your choice. Don't whine when you get in trouble over it.

CraftedD (Guest)Sun 06-Jan-08 05:02 PM

#64901, "No, you need to write a helpfile."
In response to Reply #6

It says no sexual harrassment in rules. That is it. Clarify better and the context used in the game.

CraftedD (Guest)Sun 06-Jan-08 05:05 PM

#64902, "Nvm. I found it. nt"
In response to Reply #7

nt

Todger-man (Guest)Mon 07-Jan-08 08:50 AM

#64915, "RE: [NEXUS] Yrillbink BarkSong, the Half-Mistress of Ma..."
In response to Reply #4

Eeeeww, Please take no offence Big Man. I am so totally all about your religion. I did not mean to take a pot shot at you or your religion. I was ( and should have been more elaborate ) trying to say that you seem to be busy (beacuse you dedicate/donate so much time to handling various different activities on the mud) and thus sometimes find it hard to give long interactions to followers. I was an unconventional character, my faith was too. I just needed 15 mins to explain my ism which I never got. I was barely sore. Getting a tattoo or Imm-teraction was never a part of my char plan.

So I take back what I said cause it seems to have a offensive ring to it. Thumbs up, Imp Lord. Keep on rollin'

Cheers,
Bink

LyristeonMon 07-Jan-08 04:15 PM
1282 posts
#64936, "Don't take this the wrong way."
In response to Reply #11

The Imp religion is about action, not words. You earn the right to speak to me when your actions dictate that you have.

Ask any one of my empowered/tattooed followers whether or not they got the 15 minutes before they earned it. That's what I am talking about not getting my religion. My empowered followers are told to NEVER pray for me again after the first empowerment. You prayed for me more than my last 20 followers combined.

Throkk (Guest)Sun 06-Jan-08 07:15 AM

#64891, "Well, well, well."
In response to Reply #0

I never understood Bink, but hearing your intentions makes
her more understandable, if not reasonable.

>I rolled him to be the Epitome of Chaos. A Lyristeon follow. A
>NEXUN??? Lyristeon??? CHAOS??? Yes, you might not get it, but
>I'm sure Lyristeon didn't either.

I don't get it.

>Which again ironically made us all Chaos mongers and
>disrupters of domination. Based on Marpot from The Busy Body,
>a play by Susannah Centlivre I picked up an idea and tried my
>level best to rp it out. At times it made me annoying, at
>times endearing, at times throttle-worthy and at times glad.

I think you did this well. Bink was mad and unpredictable.

Well, even though I didn't get your role and hated your RP, I did
like Bink as a player.

You played a tough bard. Your feign weakness edge worked very well for you I am sure. As for killing lots of ragers. Good on you, but ragers are really bard meat. As I said, you were very tough, so this is not a slight, just toot your horn for the right things, eh?

I think we had a lot of great fights and you were extremely annoying in so far as you popped up at bad times and sang a fiend while I was busy with other things. I was so close to dying so many times. Thanks for the thrills.

That one fight where we killed each other I will remember for some time. Too bad the lowbies took all the good stuff. I could easily have survived there, but then I wouldn't have nailed you. I think we both used that as our primary strategy that fight and that makes it all the better.

So to sum up...I loved the fights, hated the RP, but since I am a fighter, I liked Bink.

Have fun with your next, throw away or not.

Todger-man (Guest)Mon 07-Jan-08 08:54 AM

#64917, "RE: Well, well, well."
In response to Reply #3

Amazing fight, I would so love to see that log from your p/o/v and I so know that was a gapin maw moment if we ever shared one. Nice fights, nice talks. Hot wind. GAS!

Cheers,
Bink

Kiraan (Guest)Sun 06-Jan-08 05:56 AM

#64889, "Gah"
In response to Reply #0

Sorry I took the leadership from you. Didn't mean to but oh well, it happens.

Had lots of fun with you being around. And joining with you.
I am sad to see you go.

G'luck with you next.

Todger-man (Guest)Mon 07-Jan-08 08:53 AM

#64916, "RE: Gah"
In response to Reply #2

Nope, I stepped down the last vote because my computer was not workin and I had no money left to repair it and soon after my band was tourin' playin for new years and Christmas and stuff. Gig after gig. I got the money but lost footing. I actually asked to be removed from Rhyme and I voted for YOU.

I liked your spirit and your cheer, you seemed new (to the Nexus cabal atleast) and I hope you can shake rattle and roll the Nexus into cabal to reckon with. G'luck

Cheers,
Bink

Maxwell (Guest)Sat 05-Jan-08 02:22 PM

#64876, "RE: [NEXUS] Yrillbink BarkSong, the Half-Mistress of Ma..."
In response to Reply #0

Not often a person peaks my interrest in the dynamic of the role they play, You did man, Good job hope to see you in the fields again.

Maxwell

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64874 Previous topic | Next topic