Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Renner the Elemental Hierophant" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64704
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 01-Jan-08 05:27 PM
Member since 05th Jun 2024
16902 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64704, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Renner the Elemental Hierophant"

Sat Dec 29 14:36:42 2007

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Renner perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:druid
Level:47
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:153

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Good., Pro (Guest), 30-Dec-07 01:04 AM, #3
Reply Got tired of waiting for full empowerment and needed to..., Renner (Guest), 29-Dec-07 05:17 PM, #2
Reply That sucks, Kynaian (Guest), 30-Dec-07 01:52 AM, #4
Reply RE: That sucks, Renner (Guest), 31-Dec-07 12:30 PM, #9
Reply RE: Got tired of waiting for full empowerment and neede..., Werzidian (Guest), 30-Dec-07 05:04 PM, #5
Reply I was trying to *not* be a murder-druid.., Renner (Guest), 31-Dec-07 12:27 PM, #8
Reply Bye bye, Loryinj (Guest), 30-Dec-07 09:20 PM, #6
Reply RE: Bye bye, Renner (Guest), 31-Dec-07 12:25 PM, #7
Reply Imp empowerment, Lyristeon, 31-Dec-07 12:41 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Imp empowerment, Renner (Guest), 31-Dec-07 01:05 PM, #12
          Reply RE: Imp empowerment, Lyristeon, 31-Dec-07 04:40 PM, #13
               Reply So what does that mean to you?, Pro (Guest), 31-Dec-07 06:36 PM, #14
                    Reply RE: So what does that mean to you?, Lyristeon, 01-Jan-08 11:16 AM, #15
                    Reply I mean as the Imp. Not as an Imm., Pro (Guest), 01-Jan-08 05:03 PM, #16
                         Reply RE: I mean as the Imp. Not as an Imm., Lyristeon, 01-Jan-08 05:49 PM, #20
                    Reply Never met Ritur, huh?, Yhorian (Guest), 01-Jan-08 05:10 PM, #17
                    Reply Ritur rocked the religion., Lyristeon, 01-Jan-08 05:46 PM, #19
                         Reply It's jut that your Druid Ranger followers are especiall..., Pro (Guest), 01-Jan-08 06:17 PM, #21
                              Reply RE: It's jut that your Druid Ranger followers are espec..., Lyristeon, 02-Jan-08 09:48 AM, #22
                                   Reply Touche', Pro (Guest), 02-Jan-08 10:30 AM, #23
                    Reply RE: So what does that mean to you?, Valguarnera, 01-Jan-08 11:28 AM, #18
Reply This is a surprise. Good luck with your next. nt, Folsa (Guest), 29-Dec-07 04:34 PM, #1
     Reply Thanks for the induction. Good luck with all the interv..., Renner (Guest), 31-Dec-07 12:31 PM, #10

Pro (Guest)Sun 30-Dec-07 01:04 AM

#64710, "Good."
In response to Reply #0

Nothing against you personally. But druids are indestructable to me and I hate them.

Renner (Guest)Sat 29-Dec-07 05:17 PM

#64707, "Got tired of waiting for full empowerment and needed to..."
In response to Reply #0

I had a lot of fun with this character but I just got a little tired waiting for full empowerment. If I'd been able to use the hunt and bearform I might have stayed around longer but without them....bleh. Plus, there are a few too many druids running around at the moment and I didn't feel like being lumped in with the rest.

I kept waiting for more druid edges but apparently didn't explore/pk/something enough to get to them. The deny flesh would have really come in handy; the one time I tried to raid Empire I got owned and badly by the the Warmaster/Assassin mobs there.

There's a mostly good bunch of folks that I interacted with and good luck to all of you in the game. Most of the Outlanders seemed solid with one or two exceptions and the poor Tribunals are really in the dumper at the moment. Props to Loryin for at least giving it a good try.

Time to stop procrastinating get back to work; no CF for me for the foreseeable future.

Have fun out there.

Kynaian (Guest)Sun 30-Dec-07 01:52 AM

#64712, "That sucks"
In response to Reply #2

You were the toughest druid out of the lump *I* thought. I understand the whole no empowerment deal though, it's kind of demoralizing. But great character man, I enjoyed you on all sides... very tough with good roleplay and you didn't annoy the crap out of me unlike some others that will stay unmentioned =P

Good luck with everything

-Kynaian

Renner (Guest)Mon 31-Dec-07 12:30 PM

#64740, "RE: That sucks"
In response to Reply #4

Thanks...and it was mainly the demoralizing effect of not getting full empowerment when the other druids seemed to. I mean, how bad must I have sucked when (you know who) gets empowered and I couldn't manage full empowerment.

You played a good bard...keep up the good fight.

Werzidian (Guest)Sun 30-Dec-07 05:04 PM

#64729, "RE: Got tired of waiting for full empowerment and neede..."
In response to Reply #2

You where a good ally to have around. But nowadays we are to much in power to really see the potential of single character. But from what I saw you did a really good job doing what a druid do. I felt you where more of a healerish druid than a killer though.

Good luck onwards.

Renner (Guest)Mon 31-Dec-07 12:27 PM

#64739, "I was trying to *not* be a murder-druid.."
In response to Reply #5

I could see where it would be really easy to go into that mode and all due respect to those who choose to..it's just not me.

Werzidian seemed like a good strong warrior with a nice combination of specs. Good luck with being Impetuous

Loryinj (Guest)Sun 30-Dec-07 09:20 PM

#64733, "Bye bye"
In response to Reply #2

Renner is cool, like him as a player, hate him as the character. He is really tough, or generally druids are at this moment, pity you deleted. Being perm lagged by you at underwater ruins ain't fun, its ilke nearly 8 - 10 rounds of perm lag. Anyway, bye bye.

Renner (Guest)Mon 31-Dec-07 12:25 PM

#64738, "RE: Bye bye"
In response to Reply #6

It's even then; I really hated A-P's in all my ranger incarnations because they so easily pwn'd my sorry ass.

Like I said, props to Loryin for at least trying to hold up the Tribunal end, it's not easy without any support.

LyristeonMon 31-Dec-07 12:41 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64742, "Imp empowerment"
In response to Reply #2

Renner was a prime example of a decent druid, but, only a so-so Imp follower. The empowerment process is pretty much opposite of what you might typically expect. It is very easy to get the first empowerment. But, I require gaping maws to get more. The more maw inducing actions you do, the more power you get. Mind you, I said actions, not words. When I gave you your second empowerment, I hinted that you needed to do more to get more. The second empowerment was almost a borderline pity empowerment where I really had to reach for a reason to do it. But, for a druid of mine to get the hunt and bearform, you really have to step it up.

This isn't meant to be mean or anything. You were a decent outlander druid. Just not an Imp druid.

Renner (Guest)Mon 31-Dec-07 01:05 PM

#64743, "RE: Imp empowerment"
In response to Reply #11

I actually thought I had some maw moments, like when I lured Eoria and Loryin into a trap and sent them both recalling away without me getting hurt or having my pets even get involved. (without the hunt there was no way to keep them from escaping and recalling) Early on I was working on just making a group nervous and when the ranger called lightning on me for a hit to try and scare me off, I went after them and killed the ranger and assassin and sent the invoker recalling with spores. Even the assassin sent me a tell afterwards saying that it was awesome. And several times I set traps on the Eastern Road copse to lure folks in and had people think they were getting an easy mark when I ended up either killing them or sending them running. Those were what I thought were what the Imp would look for.

I just assumed they just didn't get noticed. And since you said you didn't want words I never bothered to talk about it or write about it.

But it is by all means, your religion and your choice, I simply made mine to end it. It might have been better from my perspective for you to simply tell me that I wasn't what you were looking for. When the Imp said I needed to keep amusing him and I got 1k exp, my assumption was to keep on what I was doing. We all I have our ideas of what works and what doesn't. If you really meant to say I needed to be a murder-druid then I would've at least known. *shrug*

LyristeonMon 31-Dec-07 04:40 PM
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#64746, "RE: Imp empowerment"
In response to Reply #12

It isn't about being a murder druid. Heck, I have empowered guys with worse pk records than you. But, they died with a style that cracked me up. The religion is really about not letting up no matter what is going on and from the times that our paths were crossing, I saw a lot more latent than active. It may have just been bad timing.

I do get my share of murder druids. Don't get me wrong. But, they are almost always on the move and it does fit my religion fairly well. But, when you take a look at some of my really successful druids, such as Linaeren, they can tell you that they got beaten down just as much as they have given. But, they do it a lot. Remember, in the first talks, I always say, "Live each day as if it were your last." That's the key.

Good luck with the next.

Pro (Guest)Mon 31-Dec-07 06:36 PM

#64748, "So what does that mean to you?"
In response to Reply #13

Live each day as if it were your last.

Because your followers are notoriously annoying in that they disrupt ranking groups and tend to be hated Icly and OOCly at large and are nearly always rewarded.

Especially it seems to me, if they are from a different time zone than the US at large.

LyristeonTue 01-Jan-08 11:12 AM
1282 posts
#64757, "RE: So what does that mean to you?"
In response to Reply #14
Edited on Tue 01-Jan-08 11:16 AM

That's the religion. The Imp is supposed to be hated. His followers are supposed to be a pain in the ass. The Imp is evil in that particular way. Of course, I don't think I am evil. Just misunderstood.

Edited part:

I reward a lot of people outside of my religion. Case in point was Pissudin. A lot of the rewards he received were after Marcatis came around and he was completely anti-imp.

Pro (Guest)Tue 01-Jan-08 05:03 PM

#64767, "I mean as the Imp. Not as an Imm."
In response to Reply #15

Pissudin seemed to have earned what he got and more.

LyristeonTue 01-Jan-08 05:49 PM
1282 posts
#64773, "RE: I mean as the Imp. Not as an Imm."
In response to Reply #16

I don't pay attention to who plays from where. Imp followers are more likely than not to be hated just for how they have to play to get the Imp love. As far as that carrying over to OOC, I am not part of any circle outside of CF to pay attention to it and that just makes it that much more fair when someone gets the recognition.

Yhorian (Guest)Tue 01-Jan-08 05:10 PM

#64769, "Never met Ritur, huh?"
In response to Reply #14

My cabalmates uniformily hated the fact they could never guarantee what weapons they were going to have.

But Ritur himself seemed to only garner both ic and ooc love.

Yhorian

LyristeonTue 01-Jan-08 05:46 PM
1282 posts
#64772, "Ritur rocked the religion."
In response to Reply #17

There have been very few who rocked it like Ritur.

Pro (Guest)Tue 01-Jan-08 06:17 PM

#64774, "It's jut that your Druid Ranger followers are especiall..."
In response to Reply #19

Since they can run the length of the realm and back witrhout rest and #### with people. So I've little love for them and go out of my way to end them when I find them.

LyristeonWed 02-Jan-08 09:48 AM
1282 posts
#64789, "RE: It's jut that your Druid Ranger followers are espec..."
In response to Reply #21

>Since they can run the length of the realm and back witrhout
>rest and #### with people. So I've little love for them and go
>out of my way to end them when I find them.

Two things I can say about the above statement.

1. I don't pay attention to who is playing who so you can be hunting them with every character that you play and I wouldn't notice it unless you were doing it in an ooc manner. That being said, if you just play your characters to hunt my followers, who is being ooc now?

2. The above being said, I really don't think my followers have much to worry about if you are really doing that.

Pro (Guest)Wed 02-Jan-08 10:30 AM

#64790, "Touche'"
In response to Reply #22

Just saying turn about is fair play. When One of your guys starts spouting off about the maw. I just assume they are going to do something to mess me over sooner or later so I try to do my best to ruin it for them first.

Seems a pretty fair trade.

ValguarneraTue 01-Jan-08 05:27 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
#64758, "RE: So what does that mean to you?"
In response to Reply #14

Because your followers are notoriously annoying in that they disrupt ranking groups and tend to be hated Icly and OOCly at large and are nearly always rewarded. Especially it seems to me, if they are from a different time zone than the US at large.

Please keep your xenophobia off our forums, instead of taking thinly veiled potshots at our non-US players. There's zero evidence that Lyristeon rewards non-US players preferentially, or whatever other retarded conspiracy theory you have here.

Last warning. I wouldn't push your luck further.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Folsa (Guest)Sat 29-Dec-07 04:34 PM

#64705, "This is a surprise. Good luck with your next. nt"
In response to Reply #0

Renner (Guest)Mon 31-Dec-07 12:31 PM

#64741, "Thanks for the induction. Good luck with all the interv..."
In response to Reply #1

n/t

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64704 Previous topic | Next topic