Subject: "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Tromish the Student of the Macal..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #60011
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 24-Jul-07 06:52 AM
Member since 01st Jun 2024
16893 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60011, "(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Tromish the Student of the Macalla"

Tue Jul 24 06:50:00 2007

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Tromish perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:95

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Another rough go of it., Minyar, 24-Jul-07 09:26 AM, #1
     Reply Damn dwarfie., Pissudin (Guest), 24-Jul-07 10:00 AM, #2
     Reply Huh., Hunsobo (Guest), 24-Jul-07 11:42 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Huh., Tromish (Guest), 24-Jul-07 12:05 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Huh., ORB, 24-Jul-07 12:18 PM, #6
          Reply You miss the point entirely, Tromish (Guest), 24-Jul-07 12:48 PM, #9
               Reply Fish don't have the ability. . ., Lhydia, 24-Jul-07 01:05 PM, #11
               Reply either does any villager on huns, at all. text, Commander (Guest), 24-Jul-07 03:08 PM, #14
               Reply RE: You miss the point entirely, ORB, 24-Jul-07 02:26 PM, #13
     Reply Don't Worry, ORB, 24-Jul-07 12:15 PM, #5
     Reply Seconded. nt, Hargrumm (Guest), 24-Jul-07 12:41 PM, #8
     Reply Hard rule to keep, A2, 24-Jul-07 04:13 PM, #15
          Reply I agree with this., Tromish (Guest), 24-Jul-07 08:51 PM, #18
     Reply Tromish, Izuhlzin (Guest), 24-Jul-07 12:38 PM, #7
     Reply eastern road, Tromish (Guest), 24-Jul-07 12:50 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Another rough go of it., Merinan (Guest), 24-Jul-07 01:31 PM, #12
     Reply The log of the healer:, Jichii (Guest), 24-Jul-07 05:12 PM, #16
     Reply I hope you die many horrible deaths! :) nt, Tromish (Guest), 24-Jul-07 09:01 PM, #19
     Reply RE: Another rough go of it., Daevryn, 24-Jul-07 05:51 PM, #17
     Reply In regards to what nep said, Oriax (Guest), 25-Jul-07 02:59 AM, #20
     Reply Sorry., ExPal, 25-Jul-07 05:04 AM, #21
     Reply I do remember that time, Tromish (Guest), 25-Jul-07 08:32 AM, #22
          Reply I did not bring this up to.., Oriax (Guest), 25-Jul-07 04:51 PM, #23
          Reply But to all you full looters out there.. container sac h..., Oriax (Guest), 25-Jul-07 04:55 PM, #24
          Reply Um wtf?, Guy (Guest), 25-Jul-07 07:34 PM, #25
     Reply RE: Another rough go of it., Jun (Guest), 30-Jul-07 09:38 PM, #26
          Reply Jun, Tromish (Guest), 31-Jul-07 07:06 PM, #27

MinyarTue 24-Jul-07 09:26 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#60013, "Another rough go of it."
In response to Reply #0

For the first forty levels of this chars life I was having a splendid time and beating people up fairly well. I couldn't seem to seal a kill after that though, and I got beaten around like a red-headed step child by most everyone. The thing that made me delete was a fight between Izuhzlin (sp?) and Smuelk on the eastern road. THey attacked me, which I was prepared for and had bloodthirsted for before it even started. The crazy thing is, I don't think I hit the mage...a mage...with maces...bloodthirsted...once. I figured he would get torn up a bit and flee, like he always did, and then I'd focus on the orc. I realize he had just used the orc to get his staff back, but I died and they took all my weapons.

I then bust my balls and am fighting the mage all over galadon with him and his guards, and I chase him into the spire. I die inside at the executioner and he decides its time to full loot me. I just sat there and was like. Wow, I just made your ooc life interesting for awhile instead of being bored to tears, and showed guts coming after you in here and you basically flick me the bird. That is how it felt.

Anyway, this char wasn't what I wanted, and so it was time to remake. Dwarf con is great, but maybe my legacy and spec choices were a bit off.

Goodbyes:
Vhlo - Great guy, just wish we saw you more.

Brink - Same as Vhlo basically, though our times seemed to match more. You were both tanks and could really dish it out. I wish I was as successful.

Drovis - I called you a prickly bastard all the time, because if that was your roleplay you did it well. Jerk of a drow, if not, then maybe there is more going on there. Your last deaths in galadon, I really wish you hadn't told me about the fight, but didn't mention you were doing it to con-die. There was a flaming ship I didn't want to be aboard. Once you told me though, I felt obligated to be in the thick of it. You had style, and you worked hard, great job.

Duruzkin - I can't believe you deleted, you had it going for you.

Merinan - I like you, keep it up.

Jichii - Fun roleplay you had, that thing with the healer was funny.

Other little ones - Kick some butt and have fun.

Enemies:

Xilia - You escaped me so many times, it wasn't funny.

Ihuz - We had some fun ones, but that last full loot I couldn't believe. You should be thankful I didn't do a get 1. on that staff and take it to Tahren. The way the mud stays up now, it would have been a long long time before that staff was back in play.

Drezen - Man did you beat me around too easily, good job.

Invokers - Never really feared many of you because I knew my thirst and hps could outlast any of you solo.

Ravon - Man did you tool me the one time we fought, scary char.

Hunsobo - Hate to say it, but you continue to lose respect from me as this char continues in life. You are a powerhouse, yet you hide behind others too often. Take a lesson from Niheriva, and fight alone in hard fights more often.

Anyway thanks folks, write if you want to.

Aaron

Pissudin (Guest)Tue 24-Jul-07 10:00 AM

#60014, "Damn dwarfie."
In response to Reply #1

Shame to see you go Tromish, you were one that was always up to a fight. I felt your pain as soon as you reached people in hero range and i have seen you fall a lot in one day. What i admire is that you grabbed your things back and was trying to kick some butts again.

A well player villager and a shame the combination you choosed did not work as you wished. Good luck on your next.

Hunsobo (Guest)Tue 24-Jul-07 11:42 AM

#60015, "Huh."
In response to Reply #1

"Hunsobo - Hate to say it, but you continue to lose respect from me as this char continues in life. You are a powerhouse, yet you hide behind others too often. Take a lesson from Niheriva, and fight alone in hard fights more often."

At first I had decided to blow off this post - I know it's generally a good idea to only post char-specific stuff once a char is dead, so I've tried to only post positive goodbyes to people (see the Draktel thread, for instance).

But this one bothered me. With all due respect, I just don't think you get to take a potshot at me like that without some form of response. I ganged down Tromish the one time we even had a chance to fight, yeah. And I didn't really like it, and in fact we talked about it a bit afterward and I tried to convey that. But the fact of the matter is I logged on, ragers had the head, and I headed straight there despite seeing 3 in range. I show up and see half the damn world there so I decided to jump in and mix it up. You got hit because you were the first enemy I saw. I could have held back, asked Tumarellen to meet me somewhere a ways away and shield me up, and then "test the waters" but I jumped in, as I figured Draktel would have. You have every right to be upset that I chose to bash you, but what you didn't see is me getting hit after that by Rettis, Tumarellen (accidentally), and so on, and me deciding that ganging ragers wasn't what I needed to do, and instead retrieving the Codex.

You also made some crack with your Martanis farewell about me "hiding behind Zesam" and some other guy. Dude, you came to Kiadana and attacked us. Yeah, I'm gonna bash you after that.

The irony is that you post something like this after a night like last night, when I continually attempted to retrieve the Codex (alone)against:

Niheriva (who logged off not long after I logged on, so doesn't REALLY count)
Soayel
Niela
Cormick
Mesashian
Hargrumm
Rin
Dehksomething (armadillo)

With guest appearances by:
Xinrithil
Zekaris
Linaeren

Now, did I run up to the gates of the Fort ant start hitting the Tara'bal with that kind of range? No, I played hit-and-run as best I could. I tried to wear them down, fight one or two at a time, then get out.

"Sure" you may say, "that's one time." But geez, I've been doing this thing for over 800 hours. You know damn good and well that I login no matter what the odds are, stay logged in a good amount of time, and generally try to scrap when I can. Going at three ragers with Zarilia may seem like I'm "hiding behind others" but you can't tell me you wouldn't have done the same damn thing in my place.

Ok so there, I've now broken my own rule and defended Hunsobo's IC actions on an OOC forum. Bleh. I almost didn't even post and closed the window. I'll probably get torn apart by others who feel the same way as you. *shrug* I'll live, I guess.

Tromish (Guest)Tue 24-Jul-07 12:05 PM

#60016, "RE: Huh."
In response to Reply #3

Here is where I see the problem, and see what you think.

"I could have held back, asked Tumarellen to meet me somewhere a ways away and shield me up, and then "test the waters" but I jumped in, as I figured Draktel would have."

My point is this...Hunsobo is strong enough to not need help, and would I have jumped in a fight as Draktel where there was obviously my advantage...Grurk would have kicked me in the nuts. Yes, I give you major props for logging in when the odds are stacked against you. This is something you consistently do. However, I only speak from my own experiences with my last three characters since Draktel.

You are a kick butt char, who does very well. However, I don't think you play it that way personaly...at least, not if you don't have to. I'd call you a powergamer in that sense, not a risk taker.

Just my opinion.

Aaron

ORBTue 24-Jul-07 12:18 PM
993 posts
#60018, "RE: Huh."
In response to Reply #4

Saying someone should handicap themselves just because they are really good is stupid. That's like saying Zorszaul should not have used protection wands because he was so tough already.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

Tromish (Guest)Tue 24-Jul-07 12:48 PM

#60021, "You miss the point entirely"
In response to Reply #6

I like a lot of things about Hunsobo. When I say he doesn't need the help, thats a frickin compliment. The guy can tool people and groups with ease. I'm not asking him not to use his schools and things like preps available to him. I'm saying getting shields and such from someone and asking for their aide is not challenging. That is the point.

Like a friend said...it is like a professional fisherman using dynamite to catch fish, when he has all the knowledge and tools necessary to do it without.

LhydiaTue 24-Jul-07 01:05 PM
2387 posts
#60024, "Fish don't have the ability. . ."
In response to Reply #9

. . to kill you in three hits while you try to catch them and cut off your engine so you can't get away from them and go home.

Commander (Guest)Tue 24-Jul-07 03:08 PM

#60028, "either does any villager on huns, at all. text"
In response to Reply #11

Huns in his current state is a god damn animal.
and he can quaff out as he see's fit.
I dont think any rager face up has much of a shot unless its me in the right situation and even then... he is too well built for it now. Even thirsted he is perma hasted and has preps up the wazoo and healing amulets and some nasty gear but besides that he can stun, and he can quaff out at anytime he also has imperial tatics and mini soften and so on. A one on one fight is going to be rare with him comming out on bottom.

I used to be able to take him, but now I am old and I dont know unless things went my way.

But I will say I kinda know what he is saying because I used to catch hun's one on one quite a bit, and they were ALWAYS the best fights ever... and I won a few times and he won here and there but they were prob some of the best fights in my chars lifetime.

That being said I dont think I have caught him one on one in the last two months.

I differ however because I dont think thats hunso's fault i think thats part of being emperor people all cling to you and its not like your calling out zerkers one on one to prove a point... His RP is he doesnt even like to fight ragers for the most part, but he is going to kill who he has to to get what he wants and needs. He is not guna play by the honor system here, he is going to be a Tyrant.

I Also wish to face him one on one some more... but Its not like I am guna hold it against him, because its not really his way anymore. but not because he is a gank happy bastard, more because circumstance

*shrug*

ORBTue 24-Jul-07 02:26 PM
993 posts
#60027, "RE: You miss the point entirely"
In response to Reply #9

A raid on the village with 3 villagers in range with only 2 people is never shooting fish in a barrel unless they are Liches and even then it shouldn't be a cake walk.

makes us stronger.

ORBTue 24-Jul-07 12:15 PM
993 posts
#60017, "Don't Worry"
In response to Reply #3

Don't sweat the Haters man, you are definitely NO gank only guy. You always log on no matter what the odds are and fight it out. No worries, I still love you.

makes us stronger.

Hargrumm (Guest)Tue 24-Jul-07 12:41 PM

#60020, "Seconded. nt"
In response to Reply #5

nt

A2Tue 24-Jul-07 04:13 PM
371 posts
#60029, "Hard rule to keep"
In response to Reply #3

You're a fun enemy in the sense of there is an obviousness that Hunsobo's player is not a cockbag that just wants to grief the #### out of everyone. Ignore the haters.

Tromish (Guest)Tue 24-Jul-07 08:51 PM

#60035, "I agree with this."
In response to Reply #15

I'm not a hunsobo "hater" but I'm just trying to make a point. People can see it how they want.

Izuhlzin (Guest)Tue 24-Jul-07 12:38 PM

#60019, "Tromish"
In response to Reply #1

Im sorry you felt that way. But after so many raids on the spire Izuhlzin just wasnt going to arm you to come straight back in. While you thought you were 'mixing' my ooc life up.. i'm sure thats what every other villager says considering during the daytime thats all i face, over and over. So while it might be refreshing to you, I actually do not get any downtime usually. But thats how it works. As for the eastern, you were warranted. Per regulations, weapons were taken. Then you just ran back and committed another crime. I didnt get much interaction from Tromish but he just blended in with all the others for me.

Tromish (Guest)Tue 24-Jul-07 12:50 PM

#60022, "eastern road"
In response to Reply #7

The complaint really was aimed more at the fact that I didn't touch you at all in that fight. How is beyond me, but it was disheartening.

Merinan (Guest)Tue 24-Jul-07 01:31 PM

#60025, "RE: Another rough go of it."
In response to Reply #1

I like the way you went at people 100% balls to the wall. I wish i could do that as Merinan but i have found my little fuzzy ass just cant take fire ap's with barrier like a dwarf zerker can. You were fun to rank up with, sucks i cant play as often as you guys do. Hope you are reborn as a char that you enjoy more next time. Good luck man

Jichii (Guest)Tue 24-Jul-07 05:12 PM

#60030, "The log of the healer:"
In response to Reply #1

You follow Tromish east.

Djirhh is here, incapacitated.

Tromish's hit DISMEMBERS Djirhh.
Djirhh is DEAD!!

*** Then while looting some very interesting looking things...

You yell 'Die, Twist, you Sorcerous dog!'
Twist closes his eyes and nods at you.
Twist's lightning bolt *** DEVESTATES *** you!
Twist is in perfect health.

You yell 'GAH! OUCH!'

You tell the group 'Lesh get under a roof, geshin' a hangover.'

*** Snip, going to the Village. Duck and cover.
*** Tromish is looking for help from the Gods over something we looted.

*** I make an few unpleasant references to Twist, then...

The healer says 'If you want help...'

The healer says 'Kiss me quick.'

----------------------------------------
This treasure, a ring embossed with the four elements, can be referred to as 'ring swirling elements swirl flicker'.
A magical aura surrounds it.
Only an invoker could put it to use.
It is worth 0 copper, and is of the 40th level of power.
When worn, it affects your ability to resist spells by -10 points and your ability to resist breath spells by -10 points.

You are carrying:
a silver necklace with a blue dragon pendant
(Magical) (Glowing) a black hammer pendant
(Magical) a sledge hammer
a spiked buckler
(Magical) a ring embossed with the four elements
(Magical) (Glowing) a halo of clarity
(Magical) Khardrath's Theories of Conjuration
(Magical) Khardrath's Theories of Planar Travel
a dark blue bottle of spiced wine
some bone lock picks
a crude water skin made from the burnt corpse of a Basilica guard
a lightweight whitesteel shortsword
a cured hide sack made from the burnt corpse of a Basilica guard
a shield from the hide of a snow worm

<810/810 220/569 551mv 14929tnl(6.46%)(tipsy)(civilized)(4 PM)> exam swirl
The four elements create a rainbow as they swirl about this delicate ring.
The ring glows with a powerful magical aura that can be seen with the
naked eye. It is hard to decide whether the rapidly swirling elements and
colors are pleasing to the eye or not.

A ring embossed with the four elements is a treasure, made of metal, and weighs 0 pounds 8 ounces.

Tromish looks at the healer.

Jichii sniggers drunkenly to himsef.

Tromish says 'ah ain much fer kissin'

Tromish says 'less yer a bearded woman yar'

Tromish tells the group 'tho, Jichii, if we do be given em ter tahren, ah'd like ter'

The healer says 'Fine. Then expect nothing, you loveless bastard.'

Tromish tells the group 'since ah did tha killin'

Tromish grumbles and growls. You wonder what's wrong...

Tromish looks at the healer.

The healer closes his eyes for a moment and nods at you.

Tromish stands up.

*** Snip reading tomes

Tromish says 'Ah ain much fer kissin males yar'

You say 'Theesh long books'

The healer closes his eyes for a moment and nods at the Destructor.

The healer says 'Nor am I. But I wouldn't ask unless it was necessary.'

Tromish says 'ok'

You no longer resist blows.
You feel less pugilistic.

Tromish says 'jichii'

Tromish says 'Shut yer eyes'

Jichii looks up from the tome.

The healer closes his eyes for a moment and nods at Tromish.

Jichii puts a hand over his eyes.

Tromish cloes his eyes and grimaces.

Tromish kisses the healer gently.
The healer kisses Tromish gently.

Jichii peeks through his fingers.

Autosaving.

Looking relieved, Tromish wipes the sweat from his brow.

Tromish sits down and rests.

Tromish says 'ah, there yer go'

The healer says 'Call that a kiss?!?! WHERE'S THE PASSION?'

Tromish says 'ah'

The healer says 'Nevermind. It was enough.'

Tromish tells the group 'this be scary'

Tromish stands up.

Tromish fills the air with his hatred of magic.

Tromish sits down and rests.

You snigger maliciously.

The healer says 'If you think this is bad, wait until the next step.'

Tromish says 'ah, farg'

The healer says 'Hold me.'

Tromish stands up.

You laugh heartily.

You say 'Cuddlesh tight.'

You raise your glass and propose a toast.

the Destructor: Merken has joined us in the fray of battle.

You drink wine from a dark blue bottle of spiced wine.
You feel tipsy.

You feel tipsy.

Tromish reaches his arms around the healer and hugs him tightly.

Jichii: Hail!

Merken tells you 'Hail'

Tromish: ah, don come ter tha Destructor righ now, k

The healer says 'Don't hold back now, that wasn't bad.'

Tromish says 'yar well, huggin be different than kissin'

The healer says 'Now tell me, how much do you hate magic?'

People near you:
(PK) Jichii The Shrine of the BattleRagers
(PK) Tromish The Shrine of the BattleRagers

Tromish says 'Ter ma soul'

You no longer feel such bravado.

Tromish looks more enlightened.

The healer says 'Hmmm. I better have your soul put into this one then.'

The healer says 'Pray to the Gods, and give yourself to their Wisdom. Prostrate yourself that we might be exhaulted!'

Tromish pauses, a thoughtful look on his face.

The healer says 'Love them, and they will love you.'

Tromish kneels in reverance to the Lords he follows, and for his ancient kin.

The healer says 'All Gods deserve respect Jichii. You should know this.'

You grumble distractedly to yourself.

Tromish tells the group 'If yer doin this, ah'm gonna be hittin yer upside tha head'

You feel fully refreshed!

Tromish tells the group 'cause ah know yer bards kin throw yer voices an crap'

You say to the healer 'I reshpect him'

You say 'I jush wantsh him to die.'

Tromish winces in agony.

The healer closes his eyes for a moment and nods at the Destructor.

You feel a divine presence guide you to new found experiences!
You have learned 2% of your second attack ability.

Tromish gets a small black skeleton key.
Tromish gets a glowing key.

Tromish puts a glowing key in A deep pit.

Tromish puts a small black skeleton key in A deep pit.

Jichii peeks out the shrine, looking worried.

Tromish gets a glowing key.

Tromish gets a worn key.

Tromish puts a worn key in A deep pit.

Tromish puts a glowing key in A deep pit.

The malevolent gods of dark comedy snicker in quiet corners at your antics.

Tromish humbly kneels.

The healer says 'Good. Then don't forget it. Tromish has made up for it.'

You are affected by:
Commune: 'bless' modifies save vs spell by -14 for 52 hours.
Commune: 'bless' modifies hit roll by 7 for 52 hours.
Skill: 'sneak' for 37 hours.
Song: 'chant of resilience' modifies save vs mental by -9 for 23 hours.
Song: 'chant of resilience' modifies armor class by -15 for 23 hours.
Commune: 'armor' modifies armor class by -20 for 19 hours.
Song: 'requiem' for 18 hours.
Song: 'battaglia' modifies damage roll by 9 for 11 hours.
Song: 'battaglia' modifies hit roll by 9 for 11 hours.
Song: 'canticle of the gods' modifies save vs spell by -14 for 3 hours.
Song: 'canticle of the gods' modifies hit roll by 6 for 3 hours.

Your music seems to fall on deaf ears.

Your music seems to fall on deaf ears.

ou sing 'Settle all your sorrows deep
And speak your final prayers to keep
Our silken banner waves on high
For we will fight and win or die.'

Your morale is boosted for the upcoming battles.

You feel tipsy.

You tell your group 'Hmmm'

Tromish tells the group 'yar, hmm be right'

You tell your group 'I thinksh I wash meant to do that.'

Jichii sniggers drunkenly to himself.

Tromish fills the air with his hatred of magic.

Tromish tells the group 'eh, wha?'

You smirk at his saying.

You tell your group 'The lovingsh'

Tromish tells the group 'yar, probably'

Tromish pokes you in the ribs.

You tell your group 'Wash funnier you doing it. Thinksh I haven't felt my sorrow so far in a while.'

Tromish chuckles politely.

You say 'Think ish safe to go out?'

the Destructor: Merken has left the fray of battle.

Tromish says 'yar well, tha be between us yer hear'

You stare at the sky.

You say 'Ish very cloudy. Twisht never sleeps.'

Tromish says 'ah, ah thought wisdom would be comin yar'

You are affected by:
Commune: 'bless' modifies save vs spell by -14 for 48 hours.
Commune: 'bless' modifies hit roll by 7 for 48 hours.
Skill: 'sneak' for 33 hours.
Song: 'chant of resilience' modifies save vs mental by -9 for 19 hours.
Song: 'chant of resilience' modifies armor class by -15 for 19 hours.
Commune: 'armor' modifies armor class by -20 for 15 hours.
Song: 'requiem' for 14 hours.
Song: 'anthem of resistance' for 11 hours.
Song: 'bagatelle of bravado' modifies morale by 13 for 8 hours.
Song: 'bagatelle of bravado' modifies hp by 114 for 8 hours.
Song: 'bagatelle of bravado' modifies save vs breath by -13 for 8 hours.
Song: 'bagatelle of bravado' modifies save vs paralysis by -13 for 8 hours.
Song: 'battaglia' modifies damage roll by 9 for 7 hours.
Song: 'battaglia' modifies hit roll by 9 for 7 hours.

You poke him in the ribs.

You look around sharply!

You say 'I shink that wash it.'

You grumble distractedly to yourself.

Jichii slumps into a heap on the floor.

Tromish says 'Tha don answer nothin tho'

Tromish gets a side of deer venison from a large saddle bag.

Tromish finishes eating a side of deer venison.

Tromish says 'let mer see them books'

Tromish says 'an lets go ter Tahren'

You say 'I finished with the firsh'

the Destructor: Ijion has joined us in the fray of battle.

Jichii: Hail!

Tromish looks at himself.

*** Snip reading tomes.

You say 'Heesh talking about hish apparatus'

The healer closes his eyes for a moment and nods at someone.

You feel tipsy.

You feel tipsy.

Ijion steps out of the shadows.
The Destructor says 'The village throne contains the bloody head of a magician.'

*** Some quest related comments

You tip a captain's hat gallantly.

You are carrying:
a silver necklace with a blue dragon pendant
(Magical) (Glowing) a black hammer pendant
(Magical) a sledge hammer
a spiked buckler
(Magical) a ring embossed with the four elements
(Magical) (Glowing) a halo of clarity
(Magical) Khardrath's Theories of Planar Travel
a dark blue bottle of spiced wine
some bone lock picks
a crude water skin made from the burnt corpse of a Basilica guard
a lightweight whitesteel shortsword
a cured hide sack made from the burnt corpse of a Basilica guard
a shield from the hide of a snow worm

----------------------------------------
This weapon, a sledge hammer, can be referred to as 'hammer sledge'.
A magical aura surrounds it.
It is worth 85 copper, and is of the 10th level of power.
It can cause 8d3 points of damage, at average 16.

Someone nods.

Tromish says 'yar.'

Tromish says 'greetins'

Tromish says 'ah killed Djirh'

You say 'Thish looks to be only used by an invoker'

Tromish says 'he had some books from Khardrath'

You hold up a ring embossed with the four elements and nod.

Ijion steps out of the shadows.
Ijion says 'Aye.'

You say 'Thash not all Tromishish been up to'

You nudge the healer.
The healer nudges you.

Someone raises an eyebrow.

Tromish (Guest)Tue 24-Jul-07 09:01 PM

#60036, "I hope you die many horrible deaths! :) nt"
In response to Reply #16

nt

DaevrynTue 24-Jul-07 05:51 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#60031, "RE: Another rough go of it."
In response to Reply #1

>I then bust my balls and am fighting the mage all over galadon
>with him and his guards, and I chase him into the spire. I
>die inside at the executioner and he decides its time to full
>loot me. I just sat there and was like. Wow, I just made
>your ooc life interesting for awhile instead of being bored to
>tears, and showed guts coming after you in here and you
>basically flick me the bird. That is how it felt.

This is sort of interesting to me because doing basically the same thing to other people a couple times would've been pretty much my only criticism of Tromish.

I don't remember the specific incidents that caused me to form that opinion, though.

Oriax (Guest)Wed 25-Jul-07 02:59 AM

#60037, "In regards to what nep said"
In response to Reply #1

I think I fought tromish more than a few times.. duruzkin you and a character still active so I wont mention them. I remember killing you a few times and taking maybe 1 or 2 pieces from your corpse and then movin on. Same went for duruzkin but the one time you guys caught me unaware unformed.. three of you one rounded me ick. Ofcourse the best part was the, hey we destroyed everything magical and everything non magical we took for ourselves, loot. Eh thats how it rolls sometimes I guess.

ExPalWed 25-Jul-07 05:04 AM
Member since 19th Jul 2007
2 posts
#60038, "Sorry."
In response to Reply #20

That wasn't one of my prouder moments to look back on. Most of the characters I killed can probably attest to the fact that I wasn't obsessed about destroying magic flagged gear except for sleek wands, but sometimes it snowballs - you see one rager take a magic flagged item and sac it (or grab it to thicken the veil), you do the same. Part of it was probably frustration in how often it would SEEM you'd be chamoed when I was trying to find you (absolutely no slight intended, you were probably chamoed way less than %5 of the time, but that 5% would often be when I was gunning for you so it felt like more to this character), the rest probably a mixture of a bad day of work, not thinking straight, and adrenaline.

Tromish (Guest)Wed 25-Jul-07 08:32 AM

#60040, "I do remember that time"
In response to Reply #20

We came upon your group in Calandaryl and you had just shifted out. Your group fought us as well, so lets not make it sound worse numbers wise than it was. As for the eq, yes I did also feel bad about the magical stuff all being destroyed. I tended to leave those things alone except for rods and maybe something powerful. I think there was more frustration there for me as we fought in Galadon one time and you won only because a druid was healing you. Also because of the time on Kiadana where you killed me linkdead.

Anyway, not long before that fight an Imm had told me basically that leaving magical gear should not be done. The other part being, that anything I took, I left what I replaced, which was probably at least descent. I think eq wise I took darkened leggings and boots or something like that. Anyway, you were a tough opponent most of the time.

Oriax (Guest)Wed 25-Jul-07 04:51 PM

#60042, "I did not bring this up to.."
In response to Reply #22

take away from your character. I thought tromish was a sound rager and I enjoyed fighting him. I just wanted you to have some perspective as far as getting looted. There are always circumstances when it comes to the other guy looting so sometimes being full looted isnt just a #### move.. then again sometimes it is. But it is pointless to cry foul over LOOT.

Oriax (Guest)Wed 25-Jul-07 04:55 PM

#60043, "But to all you full looters out there.. container sac h..."
In response to Reply #23

n/t

Guy (Guest)Wed 25-Jul-07 07:34 PM

#60044, "Um wtf?"
In response to Reply #22

Anyway, not long before that fight an Imm had told me basically that leaving magical gear should not be done.

I think its the biggest crock of crap ever if Imms are advocating saccing of magical gear for the sake of saccing magical gear.
What did Graatch somehow slip in and become a battle imm at some point, cause thats just griefing garbage.

Jun (Guest)Mon 30-Jul-07 09:38 PM

#60090, "RE: Another rough go of it."
In response to Reply #1

I always felt bad because you seemed to login right when I needed to be logging off and had to decline to help you either gather magic things to destroy or help you finish hero'ing. I hoped to get the timing better but doesn't look like it will. Good luck with next

Tromish (Guest)Tue 31-Jul-07 07:06 PM

#60095, "Jun"
In response to Reply #26

I liked Jun, but you always seemed busy and about to go. I understand though, we could have had more fun for sure, but hey, it wasn't meant to be!

Aaron

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #60011 Previous topic | Next topic