Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Tumarellen Margellan the Elder Elem..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #59843
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 15-Jul-07 08:56 PM
Member since 06th May 2024
16831 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59843, "(AGE DEATH) [NEXUS] Tumarellen Margellan the Elder Elementalist of the Balance"

Sun Jul 15 20:54:46 2007

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Tumarellen perished, never to return.

Race:gnome
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:546

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply It's over now..., Trestar (Guest), 15-Jul-07 10:12 PM, #2
Reply RE: It's over now..., Isildur, 15-Jul-07 10:29 PM, #3
Reply RE: It's over now..., Zesam, 15-Jul-07 10:55 PM, #4
Reply RE: It's over now..., Mutsu (Guest), 15-Jul-07 11:27 PM, #5
Reply RE: It's over now..., KK (Guest), 16-Jul-07 03:48 AM, #6
Reply You were always buckets of gnome-sized fun., Nano (Guest), 16-Jul-07 07:09 AM, #7
Reply Tumaguy, Hunsobo (Guest), 16-Jul-07 10:30 AM, #8
Reply Nice Character, Kastellyn, 16-Jul-07 11:17 AM, #9
Reply RE: Nice Character, Trestar (Guest), 16-Jul-07 09:41 PM, #13
Reply Ohhh how I hate you ;), Vhloughvang (Guest), 16-Jul-07 01:49 PM, #10
Reply RE: Ohhh how I hate you ;), Trestar (Guest), 16-Jul-07 09:33 PM, #12
     Reply :) well some times the fun stick, Commander (Guest), 17-Jul-07 12:57 AM, #14
Reply RE: It's over now..., Verakh (Guest), 16-Jul-07 03:25 PM, #11
Reply RE: It's over now..., Igsoeh, 18-Jul-07 04:15 AM, #15
Reply Great work, Tehbigc (Guest), 19-Jul-07 06:15 AM, #16
Reply Well Played yet Subdued Character, Tsyda (Guest), 19-Jul-07 03:18 PM, #17
Reply RE: Well Played yet Subdued Character, Trestar (Guest), 19-Jul-07 09:46 PM, #18
     Reply About the Clam Bake, Tsyda (Guest), 20-Jul-07 01:15 AM, #19
Reply Thanks!, Aodh, 23-Jul-07 12:25 PM, #20
Reply Good job, Iukulli (Guest), 15-Jul-07 10:05 PM, #1

Trestar (Guest)Sun 15-Jul-07 10:12 PM

#59845, "It's over now..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, it could have been worse, and it certainly was a fun character!

Tumarellen was my first try at getting back into a “combat” character and the cabal scene after my initial half-hearted comeback with Fezzo (uncabaled city ties thief). He was also my first invoker since I hero-immed a Sylvan named Segyll long, long ago – I’m talking pre-ooze path, chucking iceneedles at Emperor Zulghinlour, who immed at about the same time. I hadn’t had a cabaled player or a combat-based player, for that matter in a couple years and felt the itch. Needless to say, it got ugly!

I chose a gnome invoker because I wanted to try out the new Nexus, having never taken a shot with the old Nexus, and because I thought that the class / race combo would be a good balance for relearning how to stay alive and how to win in PK scenarios again. By-and-large, I was fairly successful in learning about both, though not necessarily succeeding in either. The player base nowadays is more skilled and experienced than it was with my early invoker, and the class is probably more balanced relative to the other classes now than it was 7 or 8 years ago when it was easy to be an ubervoker. Plus, I didn’t realize that EVERYTHING in the game seems to have a blunt attack when you have a gnome. Never really noticed the impact until I got my hands on a certain armor and practically doubled my potency.

So, coming in fresh, I spent a lot of time relearning a lot of the combat mechanics, cabal nuances and a lot of the areas and gear. Due to some sort of sadistic steak buried deep in my psyche, I also decided to go for 7-path mastery and as such spend an absolute TON of time spamming (it didn’t help that it took me until after I had learned most of my shields that I started to pick up some of tricks to make learning less painful). I did a fair amount of exploring with this character and even hit a lot of things that I never experienced even back when I was hot and heavy on the game years ago. Starting off only knowing one source of ABS (an aura wand not even useable by invokers), I was able to discover through exploration or IC conversation literally dozens of ABS sources that I could obtain solo as well as several others that I would have needed help with. To those who are relatively new to the game and hesitant to play mages because they don’t know ABS, go for it – there are lots of them out there and they’re pretty easy to discover if you work on it a bit.

Sometimes it felt like Tum just had bad karma, sometimes I was just dumb. I always had a good time, at any rate. Anyway, it’s time for me to re-enter retirement. Life for me has been work, gym, CF and sleep for the last couple months and I need to cut back on the CF bit of it. Thank you all for making it a great experience and wasting away a couple hundred more hours of my life! Here are a couple notable goodbyes below:

Immortals

Tumarellen didn’t really got much immteraction (or else I just didn’t notice it) throughout the early course of his life, but I appreciate the increased involvement as I neared the end. I didn’t push the edge on roleplay, but didn’t feel that I ever really broke character, either. Tumarellen was meant to be blasé. An average gnome with a pleasant disposition who loved his magic and stayed out of religion. What better a tool for balance than an unremarkable soul like him? Unfortunately, I think this kept him under the radar for most of you and I never really earned your attention. Great job by all of you by reinvigorating the game constantly. I’m always impressed by the dedication and work you put into Thera, and that is what I think makes CF special.

Daevryn, Rayihvn and Twist: I really do like Nexus, and you did a good job working through the old Nexus and start-up Nexus flaws. Your active presence was a crucial element in getting the cabal going and continues to keep it rolling.

Nexus

Nexus strikes me as a cabal still trying to find itself a little bit. Throughout my time in the cabal, there were a lot of inexperience players in it, and the cabal has its ups and downs as it is taking its lumps. Luckily, there was a lot of strong leadership early on that got the cabal off on the right foot. The premise of the group is good, and I think better thought-out than the original. One issue that has been brought up by others that I also question is the regulation of the Veil. Right now, the side in power will continue to build momentum as they strengthen or weaken magic. Initially I spent a lot of time artifact gathering when the status of the Veil made it very difficult to take out Villagers, but the impact never seemed to be very significant. Once I began to learn which objects seemed to impact it more I was able to become pretty efficient at changing the Veil and in retrospect I think that the artifact piece of the Veil regulation is spot on. For game balance, though, I always questioned how the Veil works. When you’re going one-on-five, it just doesn’t seem right that when you do get a chance to isolate an enemy that every area spell I cast is spellbaned if the Veil is thick or that I can two-round a fire giant warrior in the hero range with iceshards if the Veil is weak. Something to think about is all.

Nanorab: Your quick wit, quirky character, knowledge, skill and fearless approach quickly made you one of my favorite characters of all time. You inducted me, and from that point there was never a down day when you were around.

Dravon: You really impressed me with the role this character took in Nexus. I haven’t seen anyone even try to duplicate your approach, though I think the cabal would really benefit if they had someone like you. Too bad the Immorting didn’t work out.

Tsyda: You really understood your capabilities and shaped your role to fit them perfectly. I wasn’t sure what to think about you initially, as I met you about the time that you married Tiatan and I’m always a little skeptical on the flakiness of “Eternal Star” characters even though I’ve played one or two in the past. But you ended up providing great leadership as the Meter and kept the cabal strong with your inductions and visibility. Plus, I loved having that armadillo standing in front of me while trying to nuke groups of ‘ragers!

Zesam: Shooloo – it certainly was a very nice thing to have a healer with lots of online availability on your side! You really did a nice job establishing a unique role and personality that stood out and pushed Nexus along a little bit. I felt that you were the foundation of Nexus after Tsyda passed on and I just wanted to support what you were unable to. You were always there for me and it’s too bad that we didn’t get even more time for your “education” before you immorted… you ended up probably being my favorite companion.

Marastron: Amazing how we both had 500+ hour invokers in the same cabal at the same time and NEVER saw each other. When I was playing a lot of hours, we bumped into each other as you ranked up, but after you got to hero we were never online together. Too bad.

Biendach, Geranim, Ebiwen, Deedom, Verakh, Jenjo, Etc…: Wow, there were a lot of you shifters! Was great having you around, though you gave me fits trying to shield an ever-changing menagerie…

Kartorum: Coming up through the Nexus from level 19, there simply were no non-mages. Tum’s first bonding was around level 33, with you, and damn was that nice. He hardly ever got another warrior bonding, probably never with someone as skilled as you were. It really is too bad you deleted right off because I really saw you as the perfect bondmate for Tumarellen. Once we had hero’d I think we could have been as effective as any bonding combo around.

Xilia: My last good friend – you were a welcome change to the Nexus crowd. Great attitude and a kind soul. Good luck in carrying on!

Eqishukr, Jenno, Tokonwa, Tariens: The few hero-level warriors Nexus had, especially hours 1-450 for me. Thanks for the Bonds – it always made good times for me.

Geren, Mutsu, Icaehed, etc…: Some of you made my later days interesting. Thanks.

There were many others – I apologize for not addressing all of you.

Battle

With my first invoker, I could devour ‘ragers. Nowadays, not so easy. Berserkers’ area spellbanes and deathblows, scouts’ evasions and critical hits, and defenders’ abilities to flee for a moment and come back at nearly full strength coupled with the normal spellbane and magical resistance / dam reduction made my life miserable! Couple that with the fact that those of you who weren’t proficient in some sort of blunt attack made a point of finding ways to nail my throat and you have one invoker who didn’t match up well against ‘ragers. Initially, it pissed me off that I could spend 250 hours practicing spells, hero’ing, finding and using ABS and honing my strategies and could still get beaten by a 75 hour ‘rager whelp who I out-thought and caught unawares because of evasion, a series of spellbaned area spells or pillars that only go for DISEMBOWELings followed by 2 rounds of lag. But, you have to figure that these poor bastards are working under so many constraints and potentially poor odds that making them very strong against that which they are designed to destroy (a mage) is probably the right thing to do. Overall, I was very impressed with all the Battle characters I met and, while some were a bit annoying, I thought just about all of them were respectable and showed a lot of class & sportsmanship.

Nuekar: You were eating us before I got into your range. I was getting ready to have to face you on a regular basis when you up and disappeared… a good thing for me, maybe?

Taelina: Damned battle bards. Is there anything more impossible than fighting one of you? I can’t say that I recall resisting many of your songs. You gave me two of the absolute nastiest frightful fiends I’ve ever seen – imagine one tearing 1000 hp away from a fully ABS + shielded invoker as I tried to kill it (is this even possible, or am I THAT inept?). You were very good, and caused me to research a lot of resist mental sources and even consider taking an edge or two just to deal with you. It wasn’t even just that you could mess me up easily enough – with the battle powers and resisting, etc… I could simply not damage you.

Drakgrak: Very solid character. Gritty and seems to be a good leader. One of my most frustrating moments was when I had you and Vhloughvang on me in some quicksand at the Island. You were convulsing, and THREE times I coned you. DISEMBOWEL, DISEMBOWEL, DISMEMBER – dwarf is still standing, and you have one dead gnome.

Eulinda: Met you in the mid-30’s at the Island. You berserked and had me in 2 rounds. Tumarellen struggled with you as much as anyone for the rest of his career due to your specs and legacies. Between you and Vhloughvang, you guys know how to dress to save vs. spells. Annoying as hell, nothing got the Island going as much as when you would die.

Vhloughvang: Our first meeting was you tripping me at my altar around level 30 as recalled convulsing from a battle - dead gnome. Our second one you tried to get at me in my Galadon guild. I nearly pebbled you to death as you escaped to the Shrine. After that we ranked, your skills sharpened and I had a tough time with you solo. Great character with a ton of class and you developed into a great leader for Battle.

Thrakazaar: Need to apologize to you because twice I pulled #### moves on you. First was in the Weald when you were stunned bordering on death from a mob that I had ended up killing – you likely would have survived. You were a ghost and I thought you still out of my range. Not sure why, but I dropped a snowstorm right there and you reformed, to my surprise, in range. Bam – snowstorm hits you and kills you. The second one was when I set quicksand and killed you again on the eastern road shortly after you had died during a raid. I shouldn’t have done it, but was afraid you’d be joining with Taelina on a raid. You had a nice reputation as a tough fighter and a couple specs that could have given me trouble…unfortunately your racial vuln and inability to get to hero quickly led to a couple con points at my hands.

Fhaen: A couple good tussles between us, but never felt we really had the opportunity to brawl it out. Your spec combo was the only one I really feared because of the immobilization / no casting potential, and when things were rolling I would really struggle to get past your banes. Nice work with this character.

Nharrpos & Brinkmun: Some great fights with you guys. Hate maces and big pummeling giants, I do.

Golanth, Desila and Arctyrillion: Got lot of practice incendiary cloud and am personally responsible for the destruction of millions of acres of Theran forest through fireballs trying to find / neutralize you guys! Golanth, if it wasn’t for you I never would have learned the merits of vitriolic stream.

Eled, Gharral, Maldovar, Drovis, Istilion, Faienia, Gohlyrr, Jun, etc…: Fun fights.

Scion

Kanaev: In my mid-40’s you gaunted me to the shadow grove and I escaped. For months that, we began to interact on good terms for the most part – both of us hated ‘ragers and darkness rarely held sway. Shortly before you died we were at odds again, though I tried to temper our interactions based on my cabal dictates. You were a monster and I looked forward to hitting the Village or retrieving from the Fort / Refuge with you.

Edimus: Interesting character. Sorry about setting you up for Nanorab’s assassination.

Veressis: Ok, didn’t end up a Scion, but you were once. Man, did you piss me off once or twice. Hanging around the Island that one time for 45 minutes just summoning me and trying to rot me while I was recovering and trying to get out after the ‘ragers. I couldn’t do anything to you because light was strong. Finally, I decided that when I saw you I was going to come hard at you if the balance allowed it and things seemed to tame out over time. Well-played character, though Tumarellen really didn’t understand you.

Zentril: With the exception of the time you and Kanaev wiped me up, I was able to get the upper hand on you a lot through some good luck, I guess. Had things gone a bit differently we would have been strong allies. My unsmooth moment – logging in and killing you immediately as you fought a Villager I didn’t recognize in the Island. Felt guilty about that but in the heat of logging into the middle of a battle I just struck at the one character I knew as an enemy.

Rettis: My apologies on killing you that time at the Island. Drovis was the main goal, but darkness was strong and once he was down I had to finish you off. I felt a little guilty about it, at least. =P

Victoria: You seemed tough and competent. Good job bringing Scion back to power.

Empire

Early on I would have said that it seems like you can’t get people to consistently play Empire anymore. It’s a pity because at the top you have some of the best players in the game – just no one behind them. Kharghurln’s philosophy towards Nexus made for a very close working relationship with them, especially because light held sway often during the early-mid Tumarellen’s life. When it fell back to neutral Empire was still looking to use Tumarellen’s benefits and I never really saw much aggression from Empire towards Nexus even after I had to attack and/or kill them – something I couldn’t say of the Outlanders or Fortress. This changed toward the end as Hunsobo, Kharg and Waserax brought some consistency and strength to the Empire, and Tum was against them more often than not.

Kharghurln: Another of my favorites. You can be beastly, but you aren’t perfect. Kharg had a long history before Tumarellen and was great to work with (and even against on rare occasions).

Hunsobo: I think you were the favorite character I ran across with Tumarellen. You were tough as nails – I remember just the two of us taking Tiamat without a rest and in the later days I knew it was nearly impossible for me to kill you. Your character had that same kind of energy and quirkiness as Nanorab, which always made it entertaining. The person playing Hunsobo also came across as a genuinely thoughtful player and that may be what I liked the best. I recall your remorse after you delayed our retreat from the Kua Toa’s and I ended up getting ganked down by Enarn and crew. I’ve never seen anyone go so far to make amends for something that wasn’t even necessarily their fault – it may have been because you didn’t want to piss me off and lose your shielder, but I think you also really felt bad. Good luck with Hunsobo and future characters!

Thos & Waserax: A couple more characters that were tough and a lot of fun to play with.

Avilyn: Please talk to me? Har!

Valryn: Man, did you piss me off when you jacked me, robbed me blind and bound me up in the Weald as I was trying to handle a 3-‘rager raid. Somehow I escaped and teleported…onto the river in Galadon…which immediately carried me back into the Weald…where WHAM you got me again before I could react. Talk about miserable luck! No teleporting this time – dead gnome.

Ktaar: Congrats – first time I’ve ever been assassinated with any character. Logged on and never saw you. 5 minutes later, I’m dead.

Fortress

Strong for a lot of Tum’s time at hero, then weak again, I had good interactions with a lot of you.

Enarn: I really didn’t agree with your stance on attacking Nexus and working to kill me any time you saw me, but hey, it’s a valid role and you can play it as you like. The most frustrating was probably when I was working to strengthen good and you’d pop out and try to nail me – an then, of course, turn a deaf ear on my efforts. The fact that you chose to drive war with Nexus to the point where you took the Key is one thing. The fact that you left practically the rest of the Fortress to die because of it is another. That aside, you were a very strong character and I really had no good plan on how to face you alone. We did spar solo once or twice, but typically it was group-on-group or beat-up Tumarellen day when we faced, and I was never able to get you down.

Mendecirith: Perfect character for the role. Really liked playing with you.

Tribunal

Progglesnort: You poor sucker…I’ve rarely seen anyone try so hard and so often get thrown into a meat grinder like you. Good luck with your next characters.

Nuloh: Never meant to get on your bad side, but I ended up there. You were a cocky SOB sometimes and pretty effective at what you did. My goal, when I had to get flagged, was mainly to avoid you and those sleep / deafen spells that never seemed to fail! No unholy soul contributions for me!!!

Maethron: Oh how I hated knowing that you would sit at my altar for seemingly ever when I was wanted, just waiting for me to recall!

Outlander

Halistanis: Had trouble getting a read on you as well. Druids were tough for me to face, and usually when I had to go up against you or the rest of the Outlanders it was in or near the Refuge. A dangerous proposition, particularly with insect swarms, though because of you I did learn that insect swarm has build-in anti-gank coding!

Dacob: You had me a bit worried after I made a mistake and you got me in the Sea of Despair. Shortly after, you deleted.

Others:

Palmer: Glad that we seemed to get along well (neutral invokers can be very useful to a lot of people, which seems to make them less desirable as targets). You scared me a bit even after we traveled together some. You’re becoming almost iconic with your ongoing, sparse showings.

Iman: What the heck happened to you? Did I just drop off your radar screen because of improved invis?

One last thing – I’m sorry about the diminished playing time toward the end. I’m in the middle of a divorce and the summer months are bad for playing anyway. My modem has been crappy lately and I struggled to hold a link much of the time as well.

Farewell all!

Trestar

IsildurSun 15-Jul-07 10:29 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#59847, "RE: It's over now..."
In response to Reply #2

Don't suppose I could talk you into not re-entering retirement? Despite what you said about your (lack of) role-play, I considered Tumarellen a quality character. We need more Tumarellens to balance out some of the other yahoos one meets in CF.

ZesamSun 15-Jul-07 10:55 PM
Member since 04th Jun 2007
48 posts
#59848, "RE: It's over now..."
In response to Reply #2

*sigh* After I immed, I really did miss running around with you. Now, with you gone I do feel like the part of Zesam that was a mortal player is gone as well. Seeing you log on always had me pumped for action. I knew I could count on you to go into any battle no matter the odds. You really were one of the deadliest and most fearless Nexuns I was able to run around with.

I loved every interaction we had together. If Zesam was capable of having a best friend, you were it. I understand that life doesn't always have room for CF, but when you have more room I encourage you to give it another go. No matter which cabal or even no cabal, I think a character of yours can make an impact.

I would also like to point out your awesome notes to Nexus. I was very impressed with them.

Mutsu (Guest)Sun 15-Jul-07 11:27 PM

#59849, "RE: It's over now..."
In response to Reply #2

Welldone...You made my last days very interesting...Thank you

KK (Guest)Mon 16-Jul-07 03:48 AM

#59852, "RE: It's over now..."
In response to Reply #2

"Ktaar: Congrats – first time I’ve ever been assassinated with any character. Logged on and never saw you. 5 minutes later, I’m dead."

I get that a lot I don't think most people realize what an insane skill that is. Until Ktaar, I always assumed there was like a 50% chance of it succeeding under the best circumstances. The interesting thing about assassinate, though, is that it tends to penalize the characters that are most active in PK. Meaning, if you're running around looking for PKs and taking part in that arena of CF while an assassin is logged in, you're bound to get hit once or twice. Tumarellen was definitely active. Every log in, you were involved in something. Good job and I hope you stick around.

Nano (Guest)Mon 16-Jul-07 07:09 AM

#59855, "You were always buckets of gnome-sized fun."
In response to Reply #2

Gotta echo Issy, you felt a lot more like a gnomevoker than most and were just fun to be around. What's a clown without an audience?

Reading over all your goodbyes, there's some great memories in there. You play to agedeath, and it's pretty much it's own reward. I don't think anyone will forget Tumar in a hurry because you gave it the only ingredient a character needs to be a legend - Consistency. Can't wait to see you next time, I know you'll be back.

Good luck with RL, you've got my sympathies. Look on the brightside - CF is 'the other woman' that'll never go away. And you've always got qhcf.net's OT board for venting. We're there to lovingly ridicule you whenever you need it

Enjoy.

Yhorian.

Hunsobo (Guest)Mon 16-Jul-07 10:30 AM

#59857, "Tumaguy"
In response to Reply #2

"Hunsobo: I think you were the favorite character I ran across with Tumarellen. You were tough as nails – I remember just the two of us taking Tiamat without a rest and in the later days I knew it was nearly impossible for me to kill you. Your character had that same kind of energy and quirkiness as Nanorab, which always made it entertaining. The person playing Hunsobo also came across as a genuinely thoughtful player and that may be what I liked the best. I recall your remorse after you delayed our retreat from the Kua Toa’s and I ended up getting ganked down by Enarn and crew. I’ve never seen anyone go so far to make amends for something that wasn’t even necessarily their fault – it may have been because you didn’t want to piss me off and lose your shielder, but I think you also really felt bad. Good luck with Hunsobo and future characters!"

Ah, Tumarellen - such a steady figure. Hearing you call me a favorite is high praise, to me, considering how long you've been around. You, Zesam, and I made a scary combination when the Balance would allow it - which was rare during the latter half of our lives.

The time in Kuo-Toa really did bother me as a player (Hunsobo was of course not so bothered but yes didn't want to lose a valuable (sometime) ally). That scenario always kinda bothered me because they brought I think 4 and somehow the neutral guy got killed instead of Hunsobo (I was a ghost from the mobdeath was the reason). Enarn's irrational hatred of Nexus definitely played a part there. So yeah, I felt bad, Hunsobo felt the need to keep you happy, etc. Also, if you'll recall, doing anything other than banging my head against the 5-fort-against-just-me wall was something worth doing.

It really did become disappointing that we would never get to travel together toward the end. We'd stand in the same room for 5 minutes and all of a sudden it'd be like "The Darkness has become to strong." and you'd have to go.

As for the real-life things...yep, that can happen. And it's better to be playing CF because you just can't get enough than to be playing because you feel like you have to. Hopefully you have a short time-off and bring another top-notch quality char like Tumarellen around.

KastellynMon 16-Jul-07 11:17 AM
864 posts
#59858, "Nice Character"
In response to Reply #2

Loved to interact with you as Khar, man, you were top notch. Both when we were able to run around together, and especially when you came to fight. I think I landed more deafens on you than the next three invokers combined! Your shields were a royal pain in the ass, though. I remember one fight where I said "#### it. I'm going to iceball these bastards until I run you completely out of mana." Didn't happen. Next fight, switch tactics.

Sorry RL is keeping you busy, but it is ALWAYS more important than CF. That being said, quality players like you are awesome to have around, so I hope things work out and you can come visit again.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

Trestar (Guest)Mon 16-Jul-07 09:41 PM

#59879, "RE: Nice Character"
In response to Reply #9

Heh...trust me, I noticed those deafens. I would even gear up heavy on the save vs. spell specifically for fighting against you to try and protect against them. Of course, I grab all the save vs. spell crap I can, get blessed, etc... and run up, only to have you nail me on the first try for what seemed like the 5th straight time. At that point I just figured you must have some special Emperor deafen or special spellcraft that is ten times more potent than your average AP's.

Of course, now I know as well as your everyday conspiracy theorist that you were granted a special form of the deafen spell because you were an Imm playing a mortal. ;P

(Actually, it seemed like all the APs had great success landing crap on me - Nuloh, you, etc... On the flip side, transmuters seemed to never be able to paralyze me.)

Vhloughvang (Guest)Mon 16-Jul-07 01:49 PM

#59864, "Ohhh how I hate you ;)"
In response to Reply #2

I dont think you can fathom how much I would have liked to take you down once more before you passed

That last battle was a bit insane what was it 10 on 3 ? haha
That should be a testiment to your char however as we have fought for nearly 600 hours worth of our chars lives and likely you only ever "Ganked" or what could be called a gank in my book, what three times ? heh if that ?

It was always fun chatting with you and us both trying to make eachother see the "truth" and it was always fun rushing at you and impaling and trying for the big K

with our set ups it was hard for either of us to get a real set kill on eachother but we always went at it pretty solid.

You were a great adition to Cf over the last few months and you will be missed. That much you should already know.

See you some time, hopefully soon in the fields, maybe next time we can be allies haha

Trestar (Guest)Mon 16-Jul-07 09:33 PM

#59878, "RE: Ohhh how I hate you ;)"
In response to Reply #10

Well, I would have ganked you a lot more if I had had the opportunity! ;P

Because I generally had to support the "weak" side I often didn't have enough allies to make a good and proper gank. Once and a while we'd get enough Nexus together, but I swear that because a Platinum Nexus hero was as common as an honest politician for most of Tum's life, I probably spent less than 1% of my time bonded. Oh well...

From that first match-up when spear was your only spec and I could nail you with every pebble I tossed to the end when it seems like you knew every specification, had every legacy and super versions of the 'rager powers, I grew progressively less able to do anything against you. Your backing off when you saw that I was essentially LD was a testament to your sportsmanship and why I always would look forward to playing against you.

Commander (Guest)Tue 17-Jul-07 12:57 AM

#59883, ":) well some times the fun stick"
In response to Reply #12

gets in the way of RP stick. heh

I should of wacked you but I tryed to rp it out so I didnt look like a huge puss and could still not #### up your day with some lameo #### like a LD death.

I wish I logged it, I essentially wasent doing much dammage not very well geared and you had some preps up i believe shields or something and I miss two impales and you do nothing.

"well dont just sodding stand there yer making meh feel like a sodding nancy missing yer like this when yer droolin all over your self"

heh

the one way dialog was rather funny untill I knew for sure you were LD and pulled back and came back to use some emotes to try and bully you into fighting before I just gave up and walked away.

the whole no pride in a fight like that thing, hope I didnt look too sally to the imms haha

Verakh (Guest)Mon 16-Jul-07 03:25 PM

#59871, "RE: It's over now..."
In response to Reply #2

God damn you around for a long time dude, I interacted with you with my last 4 nexuns (im an addict, what can i say?)

-Xoclibert, Verakh and two current Nexuns

IgsoehWed 18-Jul-07 04:15 AM
201 posts
#59899, "RE: It's over now..."
In response to Reply #2

Great job. I had fun fighting you with both Eled and Istilion. The two fights that stand out are one on Eastern where I got you with Eled. I was thirsting and had JUST got done killing big Alg(only one of two on him I think) and I got you with a couple of pummels. I promptly died to patrollers immediately thereafter. Then there was the fight with Istilion, I had I think 24 or 64 hp, you probably could have kicked me and killed me. But, I proceeded to evade...ten, twelve spells in a row. Finally you ran off because I was whittling you away with critical hits, I could feel your frustration through the screen. I promptly barreled back into the fray and died there as well if I remember correctly. Again, great fights, great character, come on back soon.

Tehbigc (Guest)Thu 19-Jul-07 06:15 AM

#59942, "Great work"
In response to Reply #2

I really didnt feel like you had had a bit of a break with mages or were a bit green to start with. I always thought you were a real good voker and I paid more attention if you were around raiding and stuff cos I knew you were one of those guys who would be sitting around with quicksand for me. We had tons and tons of fights and I enjoyed them all. Good work and you definitely were a presence in nexus.
Gritty? Well I enjoyed scrapping with you guys though it made me infinitely mad when people would take away my flails lol.
Too bad I am unable to even visit officials, much less be able to play, for the forseeable future. We will scrap sometime again soon!
Good luck.

Tsyda (Guest)Thu 19-Jul-07 03:18 PM

#59951, "Well Played yet Subdued Character"
In response to Reply #2

Tumarellen reminded me of Mr Miyagi. A quiet little guy just doing his thing never being over the top and yet kickass when you had to turn the heat up. It was always a pleasure to travel with you and you were definitely one of the people that Nexus needed for a strong foundation. I learned quite a bit about where to get good magical artifacts from you (and Dravon). I congratulate you on such longevity and sticking with it. Age dying a longer lived character is always an accomplishment.

--Tsyda aka Quezzumpliet

Trestar (Guest)Thu 19-Jul-07 09:46 PM

#59955, "RE: Well Played yet Subdued Character"
In response to Reply #17

I still feel guilty about hanging you out to dry when the ragers were beating themselves silly against the Clam. I was too focused on trying to kill them but really should have just gotten you out of there...forgot about your movement restrictions.

Great playing with you!!

Trestar

Tsyda (Guest)Fri 20-Jul-07 01:15 AM

#59956, "About the Clam Bake"
In response to Reply #18

You weren't really to blame for that, you said a couple times over the cabal channel that I was fighting villagers on the sea and not a single one offered to assist or even see what was going on even though two of them could have worded me at no risk to themselves. Besides, the way it worked out made for a far more interesting log. =)

AodhMon 23-Jul-07 12:25 PM
Member since 06th Jan 2005
352 posts
#59997, "Thanks!"
In response to Reply #2

I *still* feel like a butthead for helping gang you down in the Kuo-Toa as Mendecirith that time (I hope it was the only time... I know we got Zesam a few more times than that :/ ).

I'll echo Isildur and Yhorian about the rp: I think you did a great job, even if you weren't out there being flashy and ridiculous, just a quiet, steady presence. Thought you did great, and I'll be trying to help out Nexus here, I think.

Good work, and hopefully we'll see you again, though I hear you about the time constraints.

Iukulli (Guest)Sun 15-Jul-07 10:05 PM

#59844, "Good job"
In response to Reply #0

I didn't get to interact much with you, but you were solid from what I saw. Sorry we didn't manage to help you retrieve before you died, but atleast you spent your final moments fighting for what you believed in.

Hope you've got something else in the works.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #59843 Previous topic | Next topic