Subject: "Alrokhaz has gone to Paradise?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #58952
Show all folders

AodhSun 10-Jun-07 06:11 PM
Member since 06th Jan 2005
352 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58952, "Alrokhaz has gone to Paradise?"

Don't know what to say. Dwarf shaman is a ton of fun: being built like a brick ####house and having evil maledictive power is pretty damn great. Muhadinism... I'm divided on.

Rolled him up pretty much immediately after Muhadin came on the scene, since I'd been failing to begin/get into a couple of roles that I'd written. Dashed off a role in 5 minutes, and started playing. Got empowered pretty quickly and set to work killin' those evil guys.

That was always fun. However... when I roll another Muhadinite, I'll definitely have to put a lot more thought and effort into the role, or else they'll end up as unfortunately one-dimensional as Alrokhaz. I had a lot of great ideas and was itching for people to preach at, but let's face it: being preached at is boring as hell, being the rabid zealot preacher can be fun... until you've repeated yourself for the tenth time.

My rp felt a little shallow, haven't seen Muhadin in quite a while (though I did get a bump on empowerment fairly recently, meh), and I've started a new job. I've actually been waiting to lose the omg sweet set (Hi Naitan!) I've had for a bit, since I don't want it to just poof if I get called off-district, or god-knows-what project.

Funny thing is... the worst part about Alrokhaz was that I had no friends whatsoever. I couldn't figure out how to reconcile being friendly (meeting some uncaballed goods would have helped here) and telling people that their life choices (religion, cabal) were damning them. Those are the people I ***HATE*** irl, sooo... it made things difficult. Who knew it was so lonely being righteous?

I'll post some logs sooner or later. It was lots of fun, tried to be brave and wade in there. Dwarf shaman is damn tough. I only really recall Naitan, Linaeren and Migrulos getting the best of me, and perhaps an orc or two with some levels on me. Having 900 hp at level 36 was just too damned sweet.

Have to say, I'm still curious what the perks of the religion are. I hope Muhadin will be around for me to take a second, more well-developed stab at things.

Any criticisms or observations welcome, solicited even.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Pro-man (Guest)Sun 10-Jun-07 07:08 PM

#58953, "Nothing on you."
In response to Reply #0

But I can't help see this as an Evil religion that is force fed to us as a Good one.

I'm certain that I'll be unempowered sooner or later for killing one of you guys.

Didn't really know you, but I feel your pain!

GromkonkSun 10-Jun-07 07:13 PM
Member since 25th Apr 2007
54 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58954, "Get over it already. Jesus Christ. nt"
In response to Reply #1

Magus Guest (Guest)Sun 10-Jun-07 07:24 PM

#58956, "You have a very narrow minded view on the matter."
In response to Reply #1

And that's really all that can be said about it. You'd rather believe you're right than understand there are other avenues of thought.

Islam-lite (Guest)Sun 10-Jun-07 07:30 PM

#58958, "Not true."
In response to Reply #3

But how can you think this is a Good religion when it esposes the destructions that most would consider good?

AodhSun 10-Jun-07 07:34 PM
Member since 06th Jan 2005
352 posts
#58959, "Umm, it espouses destruction of EVIL,"
In response to Reply #4

and says that harming goodies is a sin. A BIG sin. A sin that could probably mean you won't get the tattoo or go to Paradise.

What exactly are you referring to? Anyhow, I'm pretty sure that discussions like this are best kept IC. Hell, I might not have deleted if I'd had more people to talk to than Mjothvitnir (props to him, btw).

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #58952 Previous topic | Next topic