Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Isabaeux Shadestone the Shade of..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #57638
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 24-Apr-07 03:25 PM
Member since 03rd May 2024
16828 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57638, "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Isabaeux Shadestone the Shade of Death, Provincial Magistrate"

Tue Apr 24 10:41:56 2007

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Isabaeux perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:366

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Solid Character., Umejin (Guest), 25-Apr-07 11:07 PM, #28
Reply I liked this character quite a lot., Neikulous, 24-Apr-07 08:57 PM, #20
Reply RE: I liked this character quite a lot., Isa (Guest), 24-Apr-07 09:24 PM, #21
Reply Liked this character., Tallanalas (Guest), 24-Apr-07 08:19 PM, #19
Reply That was me., Vessit (Guest), 24-Apr-07 10:22 PM, #23
     Reply Doh! That's right., Tallanalas (Guest), 24-Apr-07 11:03 PM, #24
Reply Every time a Trib dies I get reminded just how badly I ..., Lucury (Guest), 24-Apr-07 06:06 PM, #17
Reply Bye bye, and I hope-, Chesa (Guest), 24-Apr-07 11:09 AM, #13
Reply RE: Bye bye, and I hope-, Isa (Guest), 24-Apr-07 11:21 AM, #5
Reply Side note:, Twist, 24-Apr-07 02:14 PM, #9
Reply RE: Bye bye, and I hope-, Mek (Guest), 24-Apr-07 02:51 PM, #12
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Isabaeux Shadestone the Shad..., Lyristeon, 24-Apr-07 02:18 PM, #10
Reply I'll keep it relatively short, Isa (Guest), 24-Apr-07 11:17 AM, #4
Reply RE: I'll keep it relatively short, Daevryn, 24-Apr-07 11:45 AM, #6
Reply RE: I'll keep it relatively short, N b M (Guest), 24-Apr-07 05:27 PM, #14
Reply RE: I'll keep it relatively short, Daevryn, 24-Apr-07 05:32 PM, #15
Reply RE: I'll keep it relatively short, Isa (Guest), 24-Apr-07 06:38 PM, #18
     Reply RE: I'll keep it relatively short, Oroxazrian (Guest), 25-Apr-07 11:33 AM, #26
     Reply RE: I'll keep it relatively short, ORB, 25-Apr-07 05:12 PM, #27
Reply Case # 10042., Odrirg, 24-Apr-07 09:35 PM, #22
Reply How Vlad sees this., Pro-Man (Guest), 15-Aug-07 12:20 PM, #31
Reply Crack-Kills. This was supposed to be funny and attacked..., Pro-Man (Guest), 15-Aug-07 12:21 PM, #32
Reply feh, Odrirg, 15-Aug-07 07:16 PM, #33
Reply RE: I'll keep it relatively short, Eshval, 24-Apr-07 12:19 PM, #7
Reply NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Vessit (Guest), 24-Apr-07 01:25 PM, #8
Reply From right field here, Mek (Guest), 24-Apr-07 02:44 PM, #11
Reply Mummys, Palmer (Guest), 24-Apr-07 05:45 PM, #16
Reply You always got the better of me., Martanis (Guest), 25-Apr-07 09:55 AM, #25
Reply RE: I'll keep it relatively short, Reeze (Guest), 27-Apr-07 09:06 PM, #29
     Reply Because he knew that the ranger was lurking in there., DurNominator, 28-Apr-07 04:36 AM, #30
Reply how regrettable., Thekzor (Guest), 24-Apr-07 11:06 AM, #3
Reply F*ck, NO!, Trib Assassin (Guest), 24-Apr-07 10:51 AM, #2
Reply Man, that really sucks. n/t, CraftedD (Guest), 24-Apr-07 10:50 AM, #1

Umejin (Guest)Wed 25-Apr-07 11:07 PM

#57710, "Solid Character."
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed learning with you in the early days. You were a solid character and a boon for the Tribunal. Nice job and hopefully if you play another necro your lichquest will come about easier. you certainly deserved it.

NeikulousTue 24-Apr-07 08:57 PM
Member since 28th Jan 2007
21 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57673, "I liked this character quite a lot."
In response to Reply #0

We were enemies, and when you have mage on mage fighting where one deals primarily physical damage (pets) and one spell damage, it's always an interesting dynamic. I totally screwed the pooch that last fight we had at the Refuge, or I would have had you. I'm just really still not used to invokers, or fighting mages as one. You were a class act all the way.

I REALLY enjoyed forcing you into flagging Palmer that one time I was fighting the two of you, even though it eventually resulted in my gruesome demise (Sadly, that death was equally preventable. I need to start really paying more attention. Forget had worn off and I could have recalled or teleported). I was impressed that you actually laid down the flag. I wasn't sure if you would flag an ally or not, but you stuck to your guns and did what you had to. I give you major props for that.

If your PBF hasn't been paid for yet, let me know and I'll get it.

Isa (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-07 09:24 PM

#57674, "RE: I liked this character quite a lot."
In response to Reply #20

I've hooked up the PBF, but thanks anyway.

I warned Palmer not to attack you in Galadon and I kinda knew he wouldn't listen to me. Flagging him caused me no end of grief. Palmer kept asking me to turn myself into him (which was hilarious and kinda scary at the same time).

Tallanalas (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-07 08:19 PM

#57670, "Liked this character."
In response to Reply #0

Never had a bad experience even when you got me on the North road. Heh. That was a wierd kill. I could not find the down exit though I had to be standing on it.

I hate Necromancers as a class, but you were classy.

Vessit (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-07 10:22 PM

#57676, "That was me."
In response to Reply #19

Unless she bagged you on the north road too and you got turned around in the mountains also.

Tallanalas (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-07 11:03 PM

#57677, "Doh! That's right."
In response to Reply #23

Well you were classy too.

I supprised her on the eastern near HMT. And we had a neat little interaction that stuck with me afterward.

Lucury (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-07 06:06 PM

#57667, "Every time a Trib dies I get reminded just how badly I ..."
In response to Reply #0

...but that's an entirely different thing altogether.

Never got to know you much, but man did you make monster armies. I remember that one time we raided Outlanders together, and your army got the whole thing over quick (of course, that was also the time when I didn't realize I landed the killing blow and was taking my own sweet time back to Galadon...).

Chesa (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-07 03:25 PM

#57642, "Bye bye, and I hope-"
In response to Reply #0

You never roll a city hunting trib again...

Spam hunting Nalto and I was at the same time rude, underhanded, and cheap. SUmmoning inside the Galadon graveyard which is I'm almost positive counts as INSIDE the city SHOULD have gotten you out of the tribs.

The way you play makes it hard to keep people in the game if all you do is kill them repeatedly and just wait for them to cross paths with you to do it again. As it stands, I have 0 respect IC or OOC for this character because of that.

Isa (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-07 11:21 AM

#57644, "RE: Bye bye, and I hope-"
In response to Reply #13

I think I only killed you twice and they were spread apart. It was obvious you were new. When I was new I REALLY got spam killed by people like Nelaf/Savane and Maelfestus. You can get pissed off by it, or you can get inspired by it. I am not going to apologise for enjoying the PK aspects that CF has to offer though.

TwistTue 24-Apr-07 02:14 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#57654, "Side note:"
In response to Reply #13

"SUmmoning inside the Galadon graveyard which is I'm almost positive counts as INSIDE the city SHOULD have gotten you out of the tribs."

This is 100% not the case.

Mek (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-07 02:51 PM

#57659, "RE: Bye bye, and I hope-"
In response to Reply #13

You can do a quick check to see if a city or area is protected by typing "where protector". The graveyard is fair game.

To survive in CF, Chesa, you just need to alter your perspective a bit. Where you looked at Isabaeux as "a character who will kill me every chance she gets," change it to "Isabaeux is a character who I can try to kill every chance I get, because she got me that one time in the graveyard."

Feed the hate, baby!

LyristeonTue 24-Apr-07 02:18 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57655, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Isabaeux Shadestone the Shad..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, now I feel bad as well. This was a quality character. I wish I would have had the time to do the lich quest for you, but, between the kids and their sports during this time of the year, times are not enough for me to really do the whole lich quest thing. When you feel the itch, you should definitely give it another shot.

Isa (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-07 11:17 AM

#57643, "I'll keep it relatively short"
In response to Reply #0

Yes, I love Tribunal and I love Marmaanth.

The 5 days in incubation actually makes me really forgetful about Isa. I remember that there were a bunch of top class Tribunals that I enjoyed hanging with, and there were the 'others'. I can honestly say that since Isa never managed to get a lich quest that me as a player will never get one. Isa was something that I decided to go all out for on a lich quest. I only decided to go mummy because I was on the verge of deleting through boredom. My playing times suck (player numbers wise) and the final week consisted of logging in, getting an army, raiding Outlander for the fetish, praying for the quest then twiddling my thumbs. By no means am I complaining, because Isa was a lot of fun and I was surprised when I was bumped to Provincial considering all three positions were taken. I live by the "expect nothing and be surprised" philosophy. But Isa was not meant to end this way and had a lot of unlife left dagnamit. I think a lot of it boiled down to the fact that most people just don't have the same playing time as me.

Special mention goes out to Vessit. And I should apologise to Marmaanth for taking things into my own hands too much but that is what boredom and frustration does. Hope you didn't mind too much.

PK-wise I guess spectres aren't as bad as I had originally thought. They certainly match up poorly against some race/classes but that is to be expected. Spectres are playable and can do well but I was a little bit too impatient for that.

I had some shocking/laughable PK losses. Lashing myself to death against a conjurer was just plain dumb. Duelling an elf paladin when I had seen Dyneli lurking nearby was dumb. Dying to a ranger is just plain stupid in general. My final death was to Kanaev and Victoria - it seemed like my -75+ svs did nothing in that fight.

The whole mummification process is cool though. Even the description of failure is awesome. I'd love to post it, but that would spoil it for all you no0bs.

Ooooooooh, APs have edges....

DaevrynTue 24-Apr-07 11:45 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#57645, "RE: I'll keep it relatively short"
In response to Reply #4

I feel like I owe you an apology, because I really liked this character and it shouldn't have taken as long as it did to get a lich quest together for you. There are some reasons why they're a bit more of an effort today than they were 5-10 years ago, but still.

I sort of assumed someone would jump on it, and when that wasn't happening, Rayihn and I finally sat down together for a couple hours and got it set. It was only when I went to put a comment on you that "Hey, we've got it, this is in the bag" that I realized that you'd started mummy incubation earlier that day.

I can't blame you for giving up on waiting and deciding to roll the mummy dice. I probably would've done the same thing a week earlier.

N b M (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-07 05:27 PM

#57663, "RE: I'll keep it relatively short"
In response to Reply #6

Don't take this as if I am saying it in an offensive manner, I am not, merely constructive critisms.
But wouldn't giving a necro a small echo (or something along those lines) before you guys start writting/making the lich quest be something to think about? If it does indeed take as much time and effort how is said necro supposed to know that you are still working on it and just got a bit burned out for a day or two?

DaevrynTue 24-Apr-07 05:32 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#57664, "RE: I'll keep it relatively short"
In response to Reply #14

In fact, I did that very thing a few weeks earlier because I was pretty sure someone would write one. I was wrong.

Isa (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-07 06:38 PM

#57668, "RE: I'll keep it relatively short"
In response to Reply #14

Yeah an Immortal did give me hope:

"You have a feeling that, even though it seems to be going nowhere right now, your quest for immortality is not ultimately doomed to be fruitless."

Which at the time kept my hopes up, but 80 or so character hours later and I took things into my own hands. I did study the PBFs of all the liches and I figured that I had exceeded the time taken for all of them to get given their quests so I gave up. It's all good though because if I can't even complete a mummy quest, I had no chance of completing the lich quest I just KNOW they would have given me that damn frosty potion again! I am still haunted by it and the fact that it exists somewhere out there.

Oroxazrian (Guest)Wed 25-Apr-07 11:33 AM

#57691, "RE: I'll keep it relatively short"
In response to Reply #18

Damn you frosty potion! Damn you to hell!

I wouldn't have found it myself if some imm hadn't pointed me in the right direction. After six months of fruitless searching.

ORBWed 25-Apr-07 05:12 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
993 posts
#57703, "RE: I'll keep it relatively short"
In response to Reply #18

Don't feel bad. I remember back in the day with Vizzagoth another Master had a Lich quest, I forget who. Anyway they had the Crown of the Akan King(Forget the real name). You could locate it, but I found out years later that Holtz never finished the quest so there was no way you could actually get the item and so no way he could have ever finished his Lich quest.

A shame they can't pregenerate like 10 Lich Quests, or at least make them easier for them to create them.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

OdrirgTue 24-Apr-07 09:35 PM
Member since 16th Oct 2004
431 posts
#57675, "Case # 10042."
In response to Reply #6

Wherein the imms say to someone, on their graveyard "Oops, sorry, we had JUST finished coding up something ubber cool for you, but you didn't know it was coming and deleted/stopped trying for the reward because of weeks of boredom."

Heh, I get a kick out of these posts. More than a few necros have gotten these posts.

I remember at least one shifter who got the "We just finished your questform, oh well" post.

I get the giggles reading these.

Pro-Man (Guest)Wed 15-Aug-07 12:20 PM

#60673, "How Vlad sees this."
In response to Reply #6

I love you Vlad but you know it's true!

I feel like I owe you an apology, (BUT YOU'RE NOT GETTING ONE YOU WHINEY HINEY!) because I really liked this character and it shouldn't have taken as long as it did to get a lich quest together for you. There are some reasons why they're a bit more of an effort today than they were 5-10 years ago,(NOT FAULT BUT I CAN SEE WHY YOU MIGHT THINK IT IS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...............AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa................) but still.

It's true, it's true! =)

Pro-Man (Guest)Wed 15-Aug-07 12:21 PM

#60674, "Crack-Kills. This was supposed to be funny and attacked..."
In response to Reply #31

One of Neps posts.

OdrirgWed 15-Aug-07 07:15 PM
Member since 16th Oct 2004
431 posts
#60693, "feh"
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Wed 15-Aug-07 07:16 PM

Thought this was a new post. never mind.

EshvalTue 24-Apr-07 12:18 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57648, "RE: I'll keep it relatively short"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Tue 24-Apr-07 12:19 PM

I really liked watching your character, and I had a good time watching you take down your cabalmate specter while speaking to the EHP. I did want to see you get a lichquest, hence the interaction, that being said, getting one together takes a good deal of time and effort, and I had just finished/was in the process of designing another. I apologize, as I 'should' have put forth more effort.

eshval@carrionfields.com

A whole new day, a whole new set of possibilities. - MacGyver

Vessit (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-07 01:25 PM

#57652, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
In response to Reply #4

Wow. I haven't had a character/player teach me as much as you did in like...8 years? Nuloh was a huge help, but you really kept me aching to move forward. And I was really really hoping you'd get your lich quest. I was kind of sad when you went for mummy and excited at the same time I was sure you would suceed and then maybe I'd get a shot at learning about two things at once. Not to mention I enjoyed you being around a ton. Even when you killed me, I knew it was coming, I had just gotten ass raped by The Mob, got myself healed up, still had scourge and had 80 mana. Right when I realized it was time to word and get the F out of Dodge, the tick hit and sapped the mana I was going to send myself home with, and then my pathetic running began. I felt cheated in that I had no way to put up a fight, and excited all at the same time and held no grudge against you for it. There were two reasons I was moving to avoid us facing off again on more even terms outside of the city. First off, I think you would have cleaned my clock unless I got a lucky drop on you, and even then I would have had to work to pin you down. Secondly, I wanted you to get more of a shot than myself. I think you definately earned it (I'm surprised since this was something of a dropped ball in some of the staff's own eyes that your chances weren't bumped up on the sucess rate).

I'd like to actually discuss all this further, but I don't want to put my email/msn info up here with my char not being dead yet.

Badass job as far as I'm concerned. Good luck on the next.

Vessit

Mek (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-07 02:44 PM

#57658, "From right field here"
In response to Reply #4

You seemed to do well from what I am reading, and I recall the frustration I felt waiting for a lich quest. However, the immortal staff seemed to like you, so....you should try again sometime.

Good luck.

Palmer (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-07 05:45 PM

#57665, "Mummys"
In response to Reply #4

Damn, OOC I was really really hoping you would succeed, enough so that I was willing to help you a little bit. (IC Palmer has no idea now if he would like you to succeed or not at this point and is lucky to occasionally find MS with a map and a candle.) I liked Isa for the most part and was really intrigued to see you change your attitude toward me over the course of your life. While not the first time I have seen that, certainly one of the more memorable. I thought your RP with me was quite enjoyable and I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Martanis (Guest)Wed 25-Apr-07 09:55 AM

#57685, "You always got the better of me."
In response to Reply #4

It was fun to fight you though, too bad we won't get any more chances. Though of course, who knows your next might be a foe too! Anyway, I liked your char and good luck with the next.

Reeze (Guest)Fri 27-Apr-07 09:06 PM

#57747, "RE: I'll keep it relatively short"
In response to Reply #4

Why is dying to a ranger stupid?

Yeah, I'm new, just trying to learn what I can. Can you expand on this?

DurNominatorSat 28-Apr-07 04:36 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57754, "Because he knew that the ranger was lurking in there."
In response to Reply #29

And he let the ranger come and have enough advantage to kill him.

Thekzor (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-07 11:06 AM

#57641, "how regrettable."
In response to Reply #0

One of the more entertaining characters in the game. You'll be missed.

Trib Assassin (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-07 10:51 AM

#57640, "F*ck, NO!"
In response to Reply #0

I guess now we know how did your mummification go.

I can honestly say I miss you being around.
You and Nuloh.
You've added some kind of evil charm to Tribunal.

Just Bawgor, me and bunch of no-show & login/logoff guys.

Good luck with your next,

-G-

CraftedD (Guest)Tue 24-Apr-07 10:50 AM

#57639, "Man, that really sucks. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #57638 Previous topic | Next topic