Subject: "(DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #57035
Show all folders

Alarith (Guest)Wed 04-Apr-07 03:57 PM

#57035, "(DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood"

I deleted and I'm too lazy to wait for the 3-day potential reactivation period, so I figured I'd post something now when I've still got something on my mind.

Why? Because I lost the spark, more or less. I wanted to take a break from the character for a week or so, but after that week, I wasn't feeling any more sparkly and spent another one not playing him... and then finally realized when it's gone, it's gone. A pity, because AlucardAlarith was fun to play.

Yeah, that's right, Alarith was inspired by the story of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and its hero, Alucard, the half-vampire son of Dracula. I realized I wanted to roll one of those brooding, dark heroes, though I twisted it around to more of an anti-hero who was well aware of how much evil he's doing, but from his POV everything was allowed to achieve his greater goal, even selling his own soul in exchange of power to reach said purpose.

Other than for the matching first two letters of the name, an aura of nobility (I hoped to get that across) and a curiously similar appearance, Alarith was improvised mostly on the run. Especially the strict honesty and disgust of turncoats and betrayers; he never ever lied to anyone, so if I said something, it was true. Sure, it may not have been the whole truth, though.

Well, enh. I'll quit rambling now.

Assorted farewells:
Eshval - I'll admit that I'm not exactly an Eshval fan but your religion lent itself so perfectly for the role that I decided to give it a go.
I was never quite sure if I was doing okay, but since I didn't get horribly mutilated, only slightly so, I figure I could've done worse. Thanks.

Kastellyn et al. - I killed quite a few people with that dagger. It might not have been as awesome as a quest skill or whatever, but it sure was memorable and fitting. Thanks to you (and all the other imms who returned the dagger to me when it got stuck somewhere) too.

Nep - I hate your goddamn tower. Luckily it started hating me back so I had no reason to go instakill myself there anymore. What was that Alarith-Nanorab thing you mentioned earlier?

Tribunals, Empire, Scions, Battle: I mostly got along with you apart from a few trigger-happy duergar shamans and deliciously prominent victims. I didn't really have any "friends" among you, but exchanged a few words here and there. Hunsobo, keep on trucking. Pesh, very helpful of you.

Outlanders: sure, I was killing Outlanders if given any excuse already, but trying to gank me outside the inn was the straw that broke the camel's back and I stopped pretending not to care. Heh. Good times.

Marans: it was fun terrorizing you guys. Zephon, Aithirmeis, other maran assassins... I couldn't terrorize you so I just had to go with the ruthless assault approach.

Nexus: backstabbing scum that I always meant to kill more than I did, but it was hard with you always having someone watching your back.

Heralds: even though I can't bring myself to play one anymore, I still have somewhat of a soft spot for people who do... well, at least the non-crazy ones. Siladhiele, Sokde, it was nice brooding with you around. Zaphoedrine, unfortunately you were crazy AND a ranger.

All the other rangers I killed: sorry. Alarith's point just was that you were all untrustworthy and sneaky savages that had to be put down ASAP.

Yeah, that was short, if you have something to add, please do.

P.S. nice work on the edges, imms. Some of my choices were a bit, shall we say, limited, but for free bonuses... not bad.

P.P.S. Did I mention I'm lazy? I also have no credit card, nor any reason to get one, so if someone can pick up the PBF, cheers.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply You sir are a ####er X2, Tallanalas (Guest), 07-Apr-07 09:34 PM, #14
Reply RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood, Bahiel (Guest), 07-Apr-07 05:07 PM, #13
Reply RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood, Eshval, 06-Apr-07 08:25 PM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood, Alarith (Guest), 08-Apr-07 03:33 PM, #17
Reply Alarith., Sokde (Guest), 05-Apr-07 05:24 PM, #10
Reply RE: Alarith., Alarith (Guest), 08-Apr-07 11:17 AM, #15
Reply RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood, Daevryn, 05-Apr-07 12:18 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood, Eulinda (Guest), 05-Apr-07 02:02 PM, #4
Reply I've got lost, Dwoggurd, 05-Apr-07 03:47 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood, Alarith (Guest), 05-Apr-07 03:56 PM, #6
Reply Its safe to use 'ass-hole', Nano (Guest), 08-Apr-07 02:52 PM, #16
Reply By the gods, man!, bugboy, 05-Apr-07 09:03 AM, #2
Reply RE: By the gods, man!, Alarith (Guest), 05-Apr-07 04:07 PM, #7
     Reply RE: By the gods, man!, Meora (Guest), 06-Apr-07 04:41 PM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood, Siladhiele (Guest), 05-Apr-07 08:14 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood, Alarith (Guest), 05-Apr-07 04:21 PM, #8
          Reply RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood, Siladhiele (Guest), 05-Apr-07 04:51 PM, #9

Tallanalas (Guest)Sat 07-Apr-07 09:34 PM

#57200, "You sir are a ####er X2"
In response to Reply #0

I;ve only been succesfully assassinated 5 times with all my characters and you got me twice. =)

Pretty good showing!

Good luck on your next!
###############################

You are suddenly confronted by someone as it steps in front of you.
Before you can speak, it drops to the ground and strikes the inside of your
knee.
Jumping back in pain, you barely manage to avoid the killing strike as someone
slashes at your inner thigh.
You feel the warmth as your wound bleeds, but you realize it is not fatal.
Alarith steps out of the shadows.
Alarith's assassination attempt MANGLES you!
You yell 'Help! Someone tried to assassinate me!'
Alarith is in perfect health.

<90%hp 100%m 49%mv 12447tnl>
Alarith deflects your stab with his shield.
Alarith deflects your cut with his shield.
You dodge Alarith's defilement and close in for a concealed attack!
Your stab MUTILATES Alarith!
Alarith's defilement *** DEMOLISHES *** you!
Alarith has a few scratches.

<79%hp 100%m 49%mv 12447tnl> No way! You are still fighting!

<79%hp 100%m 49%mv 12447tnl> hl
You hurl a throwing dagger at Alarith striking him
in the leg!
Your hurled dagger decimates Alarith!

<79%hp 100%m 49%mv 12447tnl>
Your stab DISMEMBERS Alarith!
Alarith dodges your cut.
Alarith parries your stab.
You knock Alarith's defilement aside before it comes near you.
Alarith has some small but disgusting cuts.

<79%hp 100%m 49%mv 12447tnl> flee

Alarith dodges your cut.
Your cut MUTILATES Alarith!
You dodge Alarith's defilement.
You dodge Alarith's defilement.
Alarith has some small but disgusting cuts.

<79%hp 100%m 49%mv 12447tnl> West Sumner's Road

A huge wild bird pecks at the ground looking for seeds.
A huge wild bird pecks at the ground looking for seeds.
You flee from combat!

<79%hp 100%m 49%mv 12447tnl>
The rain ceases.
The pain goes away.
You continue to bleed from your wounds.
Your bleeding MANGLES you!

Bahiel (Guest)Sat 07-Apr-07 05:07 PM

#57189, "RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood"
In response to Reply #0

You seemed really cool, I was hoping to pick your brain more about Ktengs but then there was the post on Dio's about the quest getting changes so I gave that up.

Anyway, thanks for the help, and congrats on a great character.

EshvalFri 06-Apr-07 08:25 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57152, "RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood"
In response to Reply #0

Actually, you worked the religion aspect quite well. I have to admit you had me a kind of a loss at times with your rp line, very complex. Your variances on your 'lost love' were interesting to watch/lister to as you spoke to yourself, wish 'she' was alive so you could 'kill her yourself' was kind of fun.

Good luck on what wanders by next!

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

Alarith (Guest)Sun 08-Apr-07 03:33 PM

#57217, "RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood"
In response to Reply #12

I didn't really know what to do about Eshval and the religion too well (just the whole "rawr, I'm a vampire" thing got me intrigued), so I just tried to wing it. Good to hear it worked. And I sure fumbled around good on the first time I came to see you, I half expected you to kill me on the spot, but miraculously I lived through it, heheh.

Sokde (Guest)Thu 05-Apr-07 05:24 PM

#57085, "Alarith."
In response to Reply #0

I loved roleplaying with you as Sokde. She was extremely curious with assassins as it was about the time we met, and Alarith at least had the sense of humor (sort of, lol) to keep her occupied. Anyone with a title like yours was worth of respect from the eyes of another shadow, at least.

I can't even recount how many times I'd gotten tells saying "Is Alarath awake, I saw him?" when you were sitting around chatting with me in the Inn, and sometimes I said yes, and sometimes I said no. Usually, when I said yes, it was something along the lines of "yes, but he's busy with sokde. he'll get around to your corpse later, I'm sure". Highly amusing.

I liked the rp where we touched against eachothers sensitivities just a little bit, but it wasn't in my character to keep up the conversation all too much, and obviously not in yours, so I was pleased with the outcome.

Thank you, too, for telling Sokde about the Golden Duck. It's become a little bit of an obsession at this point, and I have you to blame. Thanks.

Loved the character. Interacted with Alarith with a previous character as well, but until Sokde's dead, I won't say who. Impressive results all around from two of my extremely different characters who both adored you.

Good luck in the fields!

Alarith (Guest)Sun 08-Apr-07 11:17 AM

#57211, "RE: Alarith."
In response to Reply #10

Sokde had a kind of "aggressiveness" many heralds lack, which is what got me interested. It was fun to chat around instead of being on the prowl all the time, even when we ended up pissing each other off for a while, heh. What you got was as close to a proper apology you would get from Alarith, too!

Keep on truckin'.

DaevrynThu 05-Apr-07 12:18 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57063, "RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood"
In response to Reply #0

>What was that Alarith-Nanorab thing you mentioned earlier?

Right, thanks for reminding me.

Let me start by saying that I think evil uncaballed assassinating dude has been pretty played out in recent years, so with that disclaimer saying that I liked Alarith is a complement.

In some ways, I wish you had modeled yourself after Nanorab a bit more, and I'll be very specific as to what I mean about that.

Both characters were assassins played by reasonably veteran players and generally stood up to a pretty high standard of RP. You mentioned in Nanorab's goodbye that you found his RP annoying, and you know? He really could be. The character was more than a little bit of a jerk. Not in that "my alignment is neutral but I'm really sort of evil" way that jerk-like RP often can be, but just... a jerk, like the guy you don't invite to your birthday party. I'm not sure how to explain it better than that, sorry. So those things, I'm not suggesting you emulate, unless you want to.

But, that being said, what I really had to like a lot about Nanorab was that he was the kind of guy who put a lot of effort and energy into his RP and really raised the RP level of his cabal and groups just by being in them and doing his thing. Basically, I would hope to see more characters from you that are interactiony, probably caballed, and bring that same kind of energy. You're a great player and a great roleplayer and I feel like you could add so much more to the game with characters that have the chance to teach and inspire more people.

Eulinda (Guest)Thu 05-Apr-07 02:02 PM

#57066, "RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood"
In response to Reply #3

Like me!

I actually had some interaction with Alarith and I liked what I saw, so I'll echo Neppy here. I'm sure it would be fun to have you in a cabal with one of my chars. So do it.

DwoggurdThu 05-Apr-07 03:47 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57072, "I've got lost"
In response to Reply #3

Can you repeat it again?

Alarith (Guest)Thu 05-Apr-07 03:56 PM

#57074, "RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood"
In response to Reply #3

(ignore typos and brevity, my phone is my only net access for a few days)
I understand what you mean, yeah. You could say im a bit burned out on trying to be social which is why being aloof and eeevil kinda appeals to me... Its tricky to explain. Hearing this might inpire me a little though, heh heh. Thanks.

Nano (Guest)Sun 08-Apr-07 02:52 PM

#57215, "Its safe to use 'ass-hole'"
In response to Reply #3

Ah, the memories. Unless you were female, he was pretty much an ass-hole to you. Nice asshole, possibly, but an asshole none the less

I went to school with a guy just like him. And he never scored either.

Yhorian

bugboyThu 05-Apr-07 09:03 AM
Member since 23rd Mar 2007
95 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#57057, "By the gods, man!"
In response to Reply #0

Did you know you've outlived five of my characters? Even though they were nowhere near full length characters... You DID outlive Meora, Balim, and Sesshomarin. Gotta admit... You really put Alarith in perspective for me though. You were one of my good friends when I still had Meora, and I actually despised you because of Balim.

In all honesty, towards Meora's end, you started to scare her because she had a really deep-seated fear of Eshval, and you turned out to be a vampire Sooo.... Yea. Anyway-

Good luck with the Next.

Alarith (Guest)Thu 05-Apr-07 04:07 PM

#57076, "RE: By the gods, man!"
In response to Reply #2

I had fun trying to corrupt meora even if she refused to denounce those damn elves, and if i managed to be creepy while at it, great. That was sort of the point. And i think i had more success plotting balims demise than actually carrying it out, i got you just once, iirc.

be seeing you on the fields

Meora (Guest)Fri 06-Apr-07 04:41 PM

#57140, "RE: By the gods, man!"
In response to Reply #7

You did succeed somewhat in corrupting her. If I had been using a client, I'd show you a log of her deleting, assuming you weren't there.

Feel free to look me up on my yahoo or AIM, RP like that makes me feel like a complete noob to the game and I could use TIPS!

Siladhiele (Guest)Thu 05-Apr-07 08:14 AM

#57054, "RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood"
In response to Reply #0

I really enjoyed Alarith! There's something really appealing about the element of danger he brought to the conversations. I was always intrigued and kept wishing he'd share more of his story, but I didn't dare push him. He did assassinate my last character, way back in December maybe? So, you can imagine I was hesitant to start anything, but I'm glad we did.

Alarith (Guest)Thu 05-Apr-07 04:21 PM

#57078, "RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood"
In response to Reply #1

You werent in danger too much, you wouldve had to do something really stupid to make alarith turn on you. Like, say, run into him in a dark alley when hes been fasting for a few days, heh. I wouldve apologized for thd inconvenience later, though! You always reminded me of oldshool troupers (and thats a good thing) and our chats were fun, keep up the good work.

Siladhiele (Guest)Thu 05-Apr-07 04:51 PM

#57083, "RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood"
In response to Reply #8

Part of me wishes you had! I'm always a sucker for dark alley feedings. And I had plenty of old school troupers, eep.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #57035 Previous topic | Next topic