Subject: "Yrbitan the brawler has been put to bed." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #49411
Show all folders

Yrbitan (Guest)Thu 13-Jul-06 12:55 PM

#49411, "Yrbitan the brawler has been put to bed."

Firstly I would like to say that HPM is a seriously cool legacy. Flow of shadows is alright but I wished I had picked surrounding the sunrise instead as the gangs have just done me in.

Last gang was to two villagers, one of whom was a decent fighter and used decent tactics and they all worked first time of asking. The other was a gear hungry twat who hides behinf rager parity in raids rules which, if you're a zerker, should hold in raids unless your actually fighting at the inner or are outnumbered. Anyway, he would have no part in any village I led.

I loved the imperial blade skills but think that shove is night on pointless and a much too watered down version of the first one. Servitors are too bound to masters to be done, players are too smart so it left nightwalkers, woohoo!
I liked a good few of the blades I met and I joined the empire when it was not in anywhere near a strong place and I like to think I did my bit to drag a few people up to hero with me. To the imperials, good luck!

To the outlander of note Nriesshe, dont let people ride your back for victories or loot. It diminishes your abilities and sneaky-bastardness, not to mention I would have got away if Zaiton had not run in to help with the extra bearcharging.

Fort: Never had much to do with you, raiding, defending or otherwise.

Scion: Crulvane and Vens I saw a fair bit, Vens I liked our fights, they went this way and that and you only ever got me once when I let my guard down for an assassinate. Crulvane I knew was going to be made chancellor, purely because of the number of rods he had. When I got you in evermoon I was stunned.

Battle: Anhag you are a #### and if you are a thief berzerker you fight, you dont just steal and run with tail between your legs.
Jhein is a beast and I took a clawing from you in Veran, excuse me calling you a ####head, but when the imms say its going to reboot in 2 mins, dont go chasing people as it is just bad form. Better to relog back in after the reboot and surprise the #### out of them.
Kuavuk - pathetic.
Khabrash - Should have laid claim to your kill, bounced kuavuk around the village some!

Everytime I think about making a villager, some villager does something that makes my blood boil and I cant think of a reason to be in the same cabal as them.

Yrbitan was primarily an experiment for hpm and for empire. I like them both this time round and had hoped for a 3rd legacy to offset the dissappointment with flow but I guess I was still young or whatever.

Yrbitan was a tavern brawler who was forced to go to jail or join the army to try and improve himself. He joined the imperial army and found order and darkness to his liking. He only ever learned h2h as he only ever wanted to rely on what was available and not to have to go looking for a certain weapon, hence the hpm too. Picture the brawler as he grabs a chair leg and a broken glass and steams into a load of people, thats what I wanted Yrbitan to be.

Immortals, especially the one who promoted me twice, thanks.
Thanks for all the work in the game, just a shame people spoil it for others.

-----Abernyte

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Yrbitan the brawler has been put to bed., Llivpgha (Guest), 13-Jul-06 05:37 PM, #7
Reply Cant afford to at the moment with the wedding being thi..., Yrbitan (Guest), 14-Jul-06 03:48 AM, #8
Reply Oh and thanks for returning to defend that time Vs Fria..., Yrbitan (Guest), 14-Jul-06 03:50 AM, #9
Reply RE: Yrbitan the brawler has been put to bed., nepenthe, 13-Jul-06 05:13 PM, #6
Reply G'night, Khasotholas, 13-Jul-06 03:40 PM, #5
Reply Well, Ysaloerye, 13-Jul-06 03:35 PM, #4
Reply Impressive to say the least, Lerimos (Guest), 13-Jul-06 03:24 PM, #3
Reply RE: Yrbitan the brawler has been put to bed., Grurk Muouk, 13-Jul-06 02:31 PM, #2
Reply Nice one., Crulvane (Guest), 13-Jul-06 01:44 PM, #1

Llivpgha (Guest)Thu 13-Jul-06 05:37 PM

#49421, "RE: Yrbitan the brawler has been put to bed."
In response to Reply #0

There had to be some cool cat behind this char. Very powerful. You order PBF? Would like to see it.

Good luck and that.

Yrbitan (Guest)Fri 14-Jul-06 03:48 AM

#49425, "Cant afford to at the moment with the wedding being thi..."
In response to Reply #7

~

Yrbitan (Guest)Fri 14-Jul-06 03:50 AM

#49426, "Oh and thanks for returning to defend that time Vs Fria..."
In response to Reply #7

I was able to repel them but needed that extra bit to make sure I put the nails in the coffin.

-----Abernyte

P.S. Shame I never logged that one.

nepentheThu 13-Jul-06 05:13 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49420, "RE: Yrbitan the brawler has been put to bed."
In response to Reply #0

> He
>only ever learned h2h as he only ever wanted to rely on what
>was available and not to have to go looking for a certain
>weapon, hence the hpm too. Picture the brawler as he grabs a
>chair leg and a broken glass and steams into a load of people,
>thats what I wanted Yrbitan to be.

Huh. I'm sorry I largely missed this character. (I no longer have playtimes during the US day, most days, which I think is when you mostly played.) I always wanted to make a guy with that concept and I would've loved to see it in action.

KhasotholasThu 13-Jul-06 03:40 PM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49418, "G'night"
In response to Reply #0

Nice work. I found your role very interesting, and remembered noting it. Then I was confused at your legacy choices and how they could fit your role. But in a certain way, I suppose it makes sense. Watched you fight a bunch of times, very skilled, and I saw some decent roleplay out of you.

I watch villagers on occasion, and I'll say that there may be a few bad apples (I can't comment on the ones you don't like, I don't know them) but I think the good villagers outweigh the bad by a hefty margin. But bad apples are often far more memorable in some peoples mind than those who do things the right way.

Hope to see you back again with something soon, I tend to really like your characters.

YsaloeryeThu 13-Jul-06 03:35 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49417, "Well"
In response to Reply #0

Stuck in Heroimm land I didn't get any chance to see you fight. But I have to agree with Lerimos, if you see something in the village you hate/dislike, roll up a villager and layeth down the smack. Believe me, you'll get my backing for it. Lead by example. We all know you could play a kick arse villager, so get to it!

Lerimos (Guest)Thu 13-Jul-06 03:24 PM

#49415, "Impressive to say the least"
In response to Reply #0

Hour past midnight really did well from what I saw fighting you. We fought 3-5 times and you got me 3 I think? Those weapons you had were just nasty for me and you did well with them. As far as the Village goes I would say roll up a Villager and slap them around, if not hopefully we will interact somehow again. Good luck with the next.

Grurk MuoukThu 13-Jul-06 02:31 PM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#49414, "RE: Yrbitan the brawler has been put to bed."
In response to Reply #0

I didn't get to see you much in action, which is a shame because
I probably could have made something happen with the legacy/weapon
spec area.

What I did see was good stuff.

Promoted by Grurk to Echelon 4
Promoted by Khasotholas to Echelon 3

So it was one of each of us!

Good luck with your next- Go ahead and roll up the villager, I dare you!

G.

Crulvane (Guest)Thu 13-Jul-06 01:44 PM

#49413, "Nice one."
In response to Reply #0

You wouldnt believe my luck that time.

I had been plagued and was nearly drained out exploring. There were only 3 or 4 people in range. I worded to my hometown to find 2 of lightwalker enemies about 2 steps from my recall spot. I quaffed a teleport potion and practically landed on you. I stumbled around trying to get another potion out of my bag...but needed to be hasted. You could see from what I was carrying why I didnt have much room.

The tick went off, so I figured I would shift and walk out with my measily 30 mana....

The rest is history. Nice job anyhow. I tried to get revenge but only saw you a few times after that and Im not exactly a quick kill Pker. (Whittling and chasing takes some time.)

Thought you did a good job, and were one of a few that didnt run around in large groups.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #49411 Previous topic | Next topic