Subject: "Thestune is dead" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48034
Show all folders

A2Mon 08-May-06 12:41 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
371 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48034, "Thestune is dead"

Where to begin. What a completely "blah" character. One I thought started with some promise. Healer was the only empowerment class I hadn't played, and I hadn't had an imperial in a while, so right after coming off of couple hundred hours in Outlander, I thought that'd be the way to go. Also, I always *hated* imperial healers, so I figured I'd see what it was like from the other side of things. I have to say, I have nothing but praise for the players that can pull off a Khaso healer in empire, because I couldn't. That was easily the hardest role I've ever personally tried to play. On one hand, I have this urge to be good at my class, be a good healer and keep everyone standing and beat ass. On the other hand, I'm supposed to be an *evil* healer and make everyone my bitch. The only problem with that, is that I need them more than they need me (with exception to defending raiders). So, I found myself in this sort of rp limbo where I was waiting to get the edge over the people around me to play that part and to add to it, everyone happily hooked me up and made it worth my while not giving me any reason to impose that rp on them. Bottom line, I just didn't pull it off, at least in my own mind, and the character was less fun because of that. There were other things that detracted from the fun of the character, namely that RotD log that got out. The last month has sucked bad, I tried to stick it out because I don't mind being the underdog. It was fun as Laenelis, whereas it was just completely frustrating as a healer. Add to that, I left for a week for vacation in new orleans and I couldn't find a connection I could play from, I come back to all new people in empire and only have 500k donations instead of 7million.

Khaso: Thanks for the empowerment, I think you're a badass imm/mortal/player, really disappointed in myself to come to you with a character like this that I never really was able to get into. Also, I don't begrudge you for the demotion from high priest, but I stand by the fact that waiting for them to hit the throne room was suicide.

Grurk: Fun as usual. I loved when you'd talk to me over the sect channel. Toeing the line with you always put a smile on my face. I almost slipped up at one point and called you "Angry Father" though.

Grunlath: I thought you rocked. Empire would be a gibbering cluster#### to rival the fort, you'd log in, and we turned into a steamroller. The fact that you would also go out solo and take it to them (and I know you did since I saw it from the other side previously) made it that much better.

Lotruk: I almost cried when you got denied. And I still never saw anything that made me think you perma'd, not when I was on anyway. I missed my pet-monster.

Blades: It was insane that with just one of you, we could do so much damage.

Cabdru: I didn't deal with you much, but from the little talking we did, lot of style points.

Enemies: Most of you were solid. Some of you were not.

In the end, the character just never really came out, it always felt so forced. Evil healer is not a class/align combination I'm going to jump on again anytime soon.

Later

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Liked our few battles., Ythoros (Guest), 09-May-06 10:56 AM, #21
Reply Fighting people like you and Kavan, A2, 09-May-06 01:31 PM, #22
Reply Thanks for all the owaza practice., Kavan (Guest), 08-May-06 04:32 PM, #16
Reply RE: Thanks for all the owaza practice., A2, 09-May-06 09:14 AM, #20
Reply I kept trying and trying to run in to you again, Tyrelyn (Guest), 08-May-06 11:59 AM, #11
Reply RE: I kept trying and trying to run in to you again, A2, 08-May-06 02:43 PM, #12
Reply RE: Thestune is dead, Adhelard. (Guest), 08-May-06 11:17 AM, #9
Reply We never talked, A2, 08-May-06 11:49 AM, #10
Reply Well Thats a pity!, Ysaloerye, 08-May-06 09:46 AM, #7
Reply However, not a pity that you imm'd, A2, 08-May-06 03:45 PM, #15
Reply RE: Thestune is dead, nepenthe, 08-May-06 07:56 AM, #6
Reply RE: Thestune is dead, A2, 08-May-06 02:47 PM, #13
Reply This is good news!, Valguarnera, 08-May-06 03:11 PM, #14
Reply RE: Thestune is dead, nepenthe, 08-May-06 05:49 PM, #17
     Reply Alright., A2, 09-May-06 08:58 AM, #19
          Reply RE: Alright., nepenthe, 09-May-06 05:43 PM, #23
Reply Healers strike for the seas!, Dwoggurd, 08-May-06 06:11 PM, #18
Reply Blah!, Khasotholas, 08-May-06 06:22 AM, #4
Reply That first line pretty much sums everything up, A2, 08-May-06 10:59 AM, #8
Reply RE: Thestune is dead, Grunlath (Guest), 08-May-06 01:56 AM, #3
Reply a4, Khasotholas, 08-May-06 07:09 AM, #5
Reply I may have doubted your word on issues on that other fo..., AA (Guest), 08-May-06 12:49 AM, #1
     Reply Thanks, A2, 08-May-06 12:53 AM, #2

Ythoros (Guest)Tue 09-May-06 10:56 AM

#48074, "Liked our few battles."
In response to Reply #0

Was looking forward to more.

Good luck with the next and all that yada yada yada.

A2Tue 09-May-06 01:31 PM
371 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48077, "Fighting people like you and Kavan"
In response to Reply #21

Was way more entertaining than fighting a rager. Seeing as we had time to talk during, that always amuses me.

Kavan (Guest)Mon 08-May-06 04:32 PM

#48058, "Thanks for all the owaza practice."
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed our little fight/debates we had. They definitely brought a bit of excitement into otherwise dull logins. Too bad you didn't stick around a little longer. You were #1 on my assassinate list. Come back with something just as strong, I enjoyed Thestune and wanted to say well done.

Kavan.

A2Tue 09-May-06 09:14 AM
371 posts
#48073, "RE: Thanks for all the owaza practice."
In response to Reply #16

Not surprised you got captain, solid maran and solid assassin. Always nice to have quality enemies, and I agree about the dull log ins. Our log ins were equally boring for the same reason. I was getting sloppy at the end, the fact that I actually got assassinated is testament to that. I did think about you when I deleted, and smiled because I knew you never got me, heh.

Tyrelyn (Guest)Mon 08-May-06 11:59 AM

#48052, "I kept trying and trying to run in to you again"
In response to Reply #0

Bah! I really would have enjoyed creeping around the hero range full of goodies with you, but our times never meshed I guess. I kept running around with cool stuff to bribe the healer with to do some ass kicking, only to eventually die and lose them.

You were part of my inspiration to write a role for my character. Good roleplay really does breed good roleplay.

The Palace will be an even more lonely place than it already is without you. Good luck with your next!

A2Mon 08-May-06 02:43 PM
371 posts
#48053, "RE: I kept trying and trying to run in to you again"
In response to Reply #11

I don't think there is a better compliment than that. I'm glad you enjoyed being around me and I'm sorry to leave you high and dry, hopefully you can keep the momentum going.

Adhelard. (Guest)Mon 08-May-06 11:17 AM

#48049, "RE: Thestune is dead"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I was one of your cabal enemies, and I thought you did a good job. In fact, I can't believe you weren't High Priest over Merlah. There must be a story there.

A2Mon 08-May-06 11:49 AM
371 posts
#48050, "We never talked"
In response to Reply #9

But you could certainly complicate my survival in a hurry. When I came into the cabal, Merlah and a healer that hadn't been showing up I think? had the two elite spots. So there were none available for me to move up into and consequently high priest. As far as I know, Khaso just didn't answer the requests by Grunlath to bump me into it, he needed a high priest and not only was Merlah around, but he had stuck it out with Grunlath when things weren't so smooth. Not super in-sect conspiracy. Just #### luck on my part.

YsaloeryeMon 08-May-06 09:46 AM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#48047, "Well Thats a pity!"
In response to Reply #0

When the new healer powers went through, I have to admit you were the first person I thought of out of the current healer crop, that might really enjoy what they bring to the class (from a selfish bastid point of healer RP). Pity it wasn't enough to rekindle a spark there.
Thestune was always one of the better played Imperials of the time from my point of view. It was tough when that whole RotD thing hamstrung a some of the better, players. (the few spoiling it for others I guess)
Anyway props from me, what I saw of Thest was good, that makes two back to back....time for the tri-fecta

A2Mon 08-May-06 03:45 PM
371 posts
#48057, "However, not a pity that you imm'd"
In response to Reply #7

One less rager spamming lash at me is never a bad thing.

Seriously though, thanks for the compliment. We didn't get to interact much outside of me running which is a shame. And I'll see what I can come up with next. Now just delete your imm and make another mortal.

nepentheMon 08-May-06 07:56 AM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48044, "RE: Thestune is dead"
In response to Reply #0

I can't believe you deleted a healer with a damage spell.

I saw bits of Thestune at many stages of his life, and everything that I can remember seeing was solid.

A2Mon 08-May-06 02:47 PM
371 posts
#48055, "RE: Thestune is dead"
In response to Reply #6

That was one of the things that staved off deletion, the odds of ever having another healer with a damage sup again, are probably worse than slim and none. The other major reason you probably wouldn't believe me if I told you.

The sup worked out well since I ended up solo the last half there, and was really only effective in running down the wounded. In group vs. group fights I was still way more effective being a healer.

Thanks for the compliment.

ValguarneraMon 08-May-06 03:11 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48056, "This is good news!"
In response to Reply #13

The sup worked out well since I ended up solo the last half there, and was really only effective in running down the wounded. In group vs. group fights I was still way more effective being a healer.

As an aside, this is what we're aiming for on a quest ability these days. Something you get mileage out of, but not the "Duh" button. You still played like a healer for the most part, but you had one extra angle.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

nepentheMon 08-May-06 05:49 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48062, "RE: Thestune is dead"
In response to Reply #13

>The other major reason you
>probably wouldn't believe me if I told you.

Try me!

A2Tue 09-May-06 08:58 AM
371 posts
#48072, "Alright."
In response to Reply #17

My fiance wouldn't let me.

nepentheTue 09-May-06 05:43 PM
3430 posts
#48079, "RE: Alright."
In response to Reply #19

I'd believe that.

DwoggurdMon 08-May-06 06:11 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2004
668 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48063, "Healers strike for the seas!"
In response to Reply #6

They don't really need a damage spell

KhasotholasMon 08-May-06 06:22 AM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48042, "Blah!"
In response to Reply #0

I really thought you had more in you. I saw glimpses of really good things, but it seems you have trouble putting it all together and keeping it together. Which happens sometimes, it's happened to me. I really hope you come back sometime to my religion, you're a fairly interesting player to watch.

As far as the throne room incident goes... I really don't think it was suicide. I think you had pretty much zero chance of totally winning, but I think you had some chance of picking one of them off, and a slight chance, very slight of driving them off. I didn't expect you to win, but I did expect a little effort.

Anyway, good luck with your next and all that, overall pretty decent.

A2Mon 08-May-06 10:59 AM
371 posts
#48048, "That first line pretty much sums everything up"
In response to Reply #4

I appreciated the nudge after the demotion, but that first line of your post encapsulates my feelings on this character. I like your religion, I like the cabal, I'm not sure the healer class is for me though. Playing a healer is kind of like paying to fill up the gas tank on a ferrari but never getting to drive.

Deleting this character gave me the same sensation of breaking up with a girlfriend I liked as a person but hated being with and stayed with longer than I should have. A sense of relief. I will definately be back to your religion though.

Grunlath (Guest)Mon 08-May-06 01:56 AM

#48040, "RE: Thestune is dead"
In response to Reply #0

I thought your char was good. You even got rewarded in the rolecontest to underline that.

I had two imperial priests(i think Rowan and Merlah) and a free high priest spot. I asked Khas in a note to promote you beyond the two imperial priests, but he did not do it. And i did not wish to demote a priest (#### up for a player)just to open it up for you.

To me it seems the imms have made up this a4 rolemodel for evil imperial healers that one should follow. I think there should be other paths to achieve greatness as a healer than to become an asshole priest that bothers his allies. Remaron comes to my mind here. He roleplayed the healerversion the imms prefer very well. And i would have been in my best right to anathema him just for a few of the phrases he uttered in Grunlaths presence. My point is that the a4 priest you did not play is not necessary the best even though the imms think it at this point. Empire wont conquer the world if the healers start pissing in the blades soupbowls.

Anyway...one day i will certainly see you in CF again. You have impressing chars all around. Good luck with your next!

KhasotholasMon 08-May-06 07:09 AM
Member since 23rd Apr 2003
341 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48043, "a4"
In response to Reply #3

- To me it seems the imms have made up this a4 rolemodel for evil imperial healers that one should follow.

Not really. You don't have to be a raging a-hole to be a successful Imperial Healer. You have to be evil. That can mean many, many things, and be played many different ways. That being said, if you want to be Divine in the Empire, know Imperial Law and know sect laws. That'll guide you just fine.

AA (Guest)Mon 08-May-06 12:49 AM

#48036, "I may have doubted your word on issues on that other fo..."
In response to Reply #0

But these last two characters, whether you like or not, were both class from what I could tell.

Well done, and I'll remember to remember that you know what the #### you are talking about.

Good luck on your next.

A2Mon 08-May-06 12:53 AM
371 posts
#48037, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #1

Despite what I play, I know I have days where I can be an inflamatory douchebag out of the game.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #48034 Previous topic | Next topic