Subject: "(DELETED) [SCION] Malniek Thaelnore the Student of Owaz..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47898
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 02-May-06 07:56 PM
Member since 07th May 2024
16833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47898, "(DELETED) [SCION] Malniek Thaelnore the Student of Owaza"

Tue May 2 19:52:16 2006

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Malniek perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:42
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:164

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Sorry Guys, yakfod, 03-May-06 09:26 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Sorry Guys, Tiz (Guest), 03-May-06 09:33 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Sorry Guys, Eshval, 03-May-06 10:11 AM, #3
     Reply Tiger claw, Fjal (Guest), 03-May-06 11:18 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Tiger claw - continued, Fjal (Guest), 03-May-06 11:20 AM, #5
          Reply Oops, .yakfod. (Guest), 04-May-06 06:33 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Sorry Guys, bryntor, 03-May-06 08:26 PM, #6
     Reply Oww., Torrth (Guest), 03-May-06 11:06 PM, #7

yakfodWed 03-May-06 09:26 AM
Member since 04th Sep 2004
19 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47912, "Sorry Guys"
In response to Reply #0

I think that I need to take a break. I have a somewhat addictive personality, and when I play a character I really PLAY the character. I'm getting my degree in a week, and then I will be starting medical school in the fall, so this is my last free summer ever. I really want to do more than just mud my summer away. (I did it once. Don't laugh.)

Malniek was a break from my usual goodie fest. I really wanted to develop his role more, but he really just turned into a PK character with a little scion action on the side. All in all, he was fun to play, and my first successful assassin. I only got one assassinate, but I think I figured out the system rather well. I could have had more if I was patient.

Goodbyes go out to Ahrenz, Krundig, and Nately. Nately, stop dying damnit. Yutoza, I want to say goodbye, but I honestly found you rather annoying...you need to be more evil with your evil characters. I found myself sitting hidden stalking you sometimes, just thinking about hitting the assassinate button. Cabdru, you kick ass.

Eshval, you were cool, and as I said, I really wanted to develop my role a lot more, but it didn't happen. If I would have, it would have involved you to a large degree. Thanks for induction/other goodness.

And as always, thanks to all the imms. Best game I've ever played. If you ask me, perhaps a little too good. I look at logs where I played seven hours straight and sigh.

On a side note, I prayed with this character about tigerclaw and shield of flames. The imm said that there was in fact a chance to land the tigerclaw through the shield, but I would like to respectfully disagree. On a character without shield of flames, I would say it landed perhaps one out of three times on average. I had to have tigerclawed an invoker shield of flames up at least twenty times, and it never landed. I always took the scorch damage, and then I 'missed' the tigerclaw. As a question to somebody in the know, perhaps Neppy, am I right? Can you never land a tigerclaw through shield of flames? Or is the chance to land it drastically reduced? If you have no chance, perhaps you could change the message, as I was thoroughly confused and kept trying it.

Well that about does it. If you want to say something, I will reply.

yakfod

Tiz (Guest)Wed 03-May-06 09:33 AM

#47913, "RE: Sorry Guys"
In response to Reply #1

Well, we did have a rather long history. From the first time in Barovia till now. I got a laugh while you were trying to trick me into thinking you weren't evil. Always had some good fights. Always waking up rubbing the back of my head to find you and ahrenz. Hehe. Good show.

EshvalWed 03-May-06 10:11 AM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47914, "RE: Sorry Guys"
In response to Reply #1

I like that you got a better handle on your deaths. Typically, Scion inductions lead to more character deaths, and in your case, your were getting a run of luck and skill. Good character overall, and I would have enjoyed you expanding on your rp. Have fun with your summer, and med school.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

Fjal (Guest)Wed 03-May-06 11:18 AM

#47916, "Tiger claw"
In response to Reply #1

Searched a log from a few days ago and came up with:

Velos is seared as he reaches through your shield of flames!
Your shield of flames EVISCERATES Velos!
Striking with his thumb and forefinger, Velos hits you in the throat!
Velos's tiger claw injures you.
Your throat constricts too painfully.

I know Velos != you, but at least you know it is possible.

Fjal (Guest)Wed 03-May-06 11:20 AM

#47917, "RE: Tiger claw - continued"
In response to Reply #4

4-28-06

735/735hp 966/978m 520/536mv> flee

Malniek is seared as he reaches through your shield of flames!
Your shield of flames injures Malniek.
Striking with his thumb and forefinger, Malniek hits you in the throat!
Malniek's tiger claw hits you.
Yutoza is in perfect health.

.yakfod. (Guest)Thu 04-May-06 06:33 PM

#47942, "Oops"
In response to Reply #5

I guess I missed that. I was probably running for my life. If your spells landed, you could usually kill me with about two. SOF must severely reduce the chance of landing TC then. Thanks for the log. You were quite a worthy opponent.

yakfod

bryntorWed 03-May-06 08:26 PM
Member since 28th Mar 2006
7 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#47922, "RE: Sorry Guys"
In response to Reply #1

Hey, well it was fun with you and nately hunting me al time time, but i got anoyed. Your name was the first i looked for every time i logged on. I just wanten to say thanks for the fun and good luck with your life.

Torrth (Guest)Wed 03-May-06 11:06 PM

#47923, "Oww."
In response to Reply #1

Lost quite a bit of con to you, from what I hear a lot of other people did too. I always had to watch myself when you showed up on my who list (And usually you found me anyway). Nice job, good luck with medical school and such.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47898 Previous topic | Next topic