Subject: "Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #46205
Show all folders

GinGaWed 01-Mar-06 07:55 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46205, "Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle."
Edited on Wed 01-Mar-06 07:59 AM

I got impatient waiting for the battlefield post

Always a great game to play, sorry I couldn't hold out till an age death or con death. Just lost my interest as time went on and shorter hours playing made it harder to commit. I gave myself a promised amount of time to try changing/expanding things. I ended up just using that time to close things down and retreat from the character. Loved every moment, none-the-less, and I want to thank everyone involved.

Kaisse was my attempt to make a religious bid involving Fate. It was an interesting way to go, and you could always raise some interesting philosophical points about it all. I think the best part was choosing my specs at random. I got Brastal to choose two numbers, then went and listed what the warrior bar sold. A dagger and a flail. Didn't regret a moment of it.

There's going to be a lot of goodbye's missing, just hit me with a 'howdy' and I'll reply.

Imms: Where to start?

Battle imms: Always felt a bit shakey on the old Ordasen front (pincer scares me), but Kastellyn kicks ass. Thanks for organising our Rites and putting effort into keeping the village rolling. Hope you both continue to enjoy the experience. No doubt, one day, I'll be back. The village is a great place for unique RP.

Guerric: He he, I'm glad my devotion wasn't entirely unnoticed. I was hoping to learn more about the whole faith but I guess it was more fun making it up as I rolled along. My understanding of it definetly increased the more I shaped my roleplay around it. My final words, were roughly dedicated to the ways you taught. Thanks for the awesome lion, really made my day.

Others: I believed you were all long-dead ghosts (albeit with scary power) and so I had to approach things with any 'god' slowly. I didn't want to insult but I couldn't treat you normally either. Hope I didn't step on any toes too hard or something.

Battle: Ah, the love. The hate. The passion! Battleragers, the movie.

Where do I start with you guys? I think I might have to wait for replies and do it. You were the colourful pop-up book that made Kaisse into a full character. Most of you were awesome, some of you I didn't like, but all of you made my playing more interesting in some way. Thanks for it all.

Empire: Bleh. A couple of bad eggs that showed up, mostly because I was asking for bad reactions with the way I'd get frustrated and bitch. Some of you were actually pretty cool though. As for the rampant ganking - Gah! Talk about frustrating to the maximum. Sometimes there would literally be no way out, but then again thats the way it goes for battle. All part of the fun filled package I liked killing Merlah purely so I could make a poncho out of cowhide. Snazzy.

Scions: Surprisingly scarce sometimes. Which is a shame when you were our main foe. Can't remember who/what too clearly, my head gets real foggy trying to think of goodbyes.

Tribunal: Falun was a real bastard, but that was cool. Just wished it had made more sense in my head. The rest of you didn't stick out too much. I guess we just had no reason to cross paths that often.

Outlanders: Even with the Maelstrom working for me, I couldn't get any of your mages to hold still. Except for the sharkskin boots I made out of Morasfamiwhatsits corpse. Ah, the winds of fashion.

Some random stick-out Characters from assorted cabals!

Therethine: Hee hee, I slapped your tush and you gave me such a bollocking I was very nearly mimicking Kaisse's reaction. I sat there, stared at my monitor and very slowly felt like I should be blushing. Great play all round. Sorry for crashing more than a few of your parties.

Sharwyn: We didn't get to mess about as much after I got banned from the inn, but you were the relief when I was getting hammered hard. Always nice to know the Inn is still doing what it does best - provide a mild refuge for those who are looking to roleplay first, pk second. In retrospect, if I'd had someone like you for relief, I might have played on longer. Just hard to do the same repetative thing without a decent RP break.

Brastal: Just noticed your delete here, you were key to helping Kaisse develop in his early days. Thanks a lot for being there and interacting so readily/well. Hard to believe I actually chose all that stuff at random and it still worked out!!! Makes you wonder which it proved more - That Fate existed, and the choices were already made. Or that you make your own life, and Kaisse just turned the randomness to his advantage.

Having trouble thinking of more, I'll come back to this later.

I need a new system for making goodbye's, these are never easy to type out...

Yhorian.

Random Past Chars: Ritur, Optomkiptum, Yhorian, Srinlete, Huroomhaur, Kaerdil, Jaeiin, Anduin, Yurrike, stuff, people... yeah.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Since this was just brought to my attention, THROTSIE (Guest), 14-Mar-06 12:23 PM, #68
Reply Seems sketchy, but that happens., Doobage (Guest), 14-Mar-06 01:44 PM, #69
Reply Daggan was a #### hot scout..., Kaisse (Guest), 14-Mar-06 02:25 PM, #71
Reply Here's the run-down., Kaisse (Guest), 14-Mar-06 02:23 PM, #70
Reply RE: Here's the run-down., throtsie (Guest), 15-Mar-06 12:14 PM, #74
     Reply There was a huge difference., Kaisse (Guest), 15-Mar-06 12:54 PM, #75
Reply Not to be disrespectful, but have you ever had a job wi..., RustanvielGuest (Guest), 14-Mar-06 03:07 PM, #72
     Reply That's supposed to say 'job with a boss.' in the subjec..., Me again (Guest), 14-Mar-06 03:07 PM, #73
Reply Was good! Sad to see you go, you make for great compnay, gorrnar (Guest), 04-Mar-06 04:04 PM, #65
Reply Tally ho., Kaisse (Guest), 04-Mar-06 04:38 PM, #66
     Reply RE: Tally ho., Gorrnar (Guest), 05-Mar-06 04:03 PM, #67
Reply adios mi amigo, flunruk (Guest), 02-Mar-06 06:42 PM, #56
Reply No probs, mate., Kaisse (Guest), 03-Mar-06 12:30 PM, #58
Reply RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle., dulmisa (Guest), 02-Mar-06 04:10 PM, #55
Reply Dulmisa... wow., Kaisse (Guest), 03-Mar-06 12:42 PM, #62
Reply RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle., Rongar (Guest), 02-Mar-06 08:55 AM, #53
Reply No worries, glad it was good., Kaisse (Guest), 03-Mar-06 12:39 PM, #61
Reply RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle., Grunlath (Guest), 02-Mar-06 03:34 AM, #52
Reply RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle., nepenthe, 02-Mar-06 08:58 AM, #54
     Reply Gankity gank, Kaisse (Guest), 03-Mar-06 12:47 PM, #63
Reply Props! txt, shamanman, 01-Mar-06 10:27 PM, #51
Reply RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle., Karel, 01-Mar-06 09:48 PM, #50
Reply My looting policy..., Kaisse (Guest), 03-Mar-06 12:28 PM, #57
Reply RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle., Ulthinius (Guest), 01-Mar-06 06:46 PM, #48
Reply My Ulthini-comments, Kaisse (Guest), 03-Mar-06 12:38 PM, #60
Reply Sorry to see you go. Ill miss chasing you around the po..., Suarvina (Guest), 01-Mar-06 06:07 PM, #46
Reply A class act., Ilimya (Guest), 01-Mar-06 03:41 PM, #41
Reply Damn Impressive, Lerimos (Guest), 01-Mar-06 02:45 PM, #40
Reply He he he..., Kaisse (Guest), 03-Mar-06 12:33 PM, #59
Reply Whoa!, Drifelda (Guest), 01-Mar-06 01:54 PM, #36
Reply Great Character, Iasolar (Guest), 01-Mar-06 01:47 PM, #35
Reply Hey there!!, Kaisse (Guest), 01-Mar-06 02:16 PM, #39
     Reply Hey!!!!!!!!! Do me a favor!! (text), Iasolar (Guest), 01-Mar-06 06:16 PM, #47
Reply RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle., Daeoine (Guest), 01-Mar-06 01:30 PM, #33
Reply Two thumbs way down!, Gryshilniar, 01-Mar-06 01:20 PM, #32
Reply Ha ha, talk about frustrating, Kaisse (Guest), 01-Mar-06 02:14 PM, #38
Reply Its a shame to see you go old friend., Kragathian (Guest), 01-Mar-06 12:19 PM, #25
Reply Krag, ye thick stump., Kaisse (Guest), 01-Mar-06 12:34 PM, #28
     Reply haha hey I got something fer yah Kaisse "hurl leg Kaiss..., Kragathian (Guest), 01-Mar-06 01:46 PM, #34
Reply Think I said most in Bund's post.., Marcus_, 01-Mar-06 12:08 PM, #22
Reply You better believe it!, Kaisse (Guest), 01-Mar-06 12:18 PM, #24
     Reply On a side note, Marcus_, 01-Mar-06 12:22 PM, #26
Reply Ya fargin bastid!, Ysaloerye (Guest), 01-Mar-06 12:00 PM, #19
Reply muhahahaha, Kaisse (Guest), 01-Mar-06 12:08 PM, #21
Reply Well Played!, Kastellyn, 01-Mar-06 11:52 AM, #17
Reply Thanks, mate., Kaisse (Guest), 01-Mar-06 12:25 PM, #27
Reply RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle., Muriont (Guest), 01-Mar-06 11:02 AM, #16
Reply Ah, Muriont..., Kaisse (Guest), 01-Mar-06 12:14 PM, #23
Reply RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle., Artageia (Guest), 01-Mar-06 10:56 AM, #15
Reply Don't think I didn't consider..., Kaisse (Guest), 01-Mar-06 11:57 AM, #18
Reply And I'll send your goodbyes to Sweet Nancy!, Aodh, 01-Mar-06 10:35 AM, #12
Reply Ha! An alibi!, Kaisse (Guest), 01-Mar-06 12:03 PM, #20
Reply RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle., Aarn, 01-Mar-06 09:21 AM, #10
Reply It happens, Kaisse (Guest), 01-Mar-06 12:37 PM, #29
Reply RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle., ordasen, 01-Mar-06 08:58 AM, #7
Reply he he..., GinGa, 01-Mar-06 09:05 AM, #9
Reply Why now!!!, Friarr (Guest), 01-Mar-06 10:44 AM, #13
     Reply Woops, meant to be under main post. (nt), Friarr (Guest), 01-Mar-06 10:45 AM, #14
     Reply Sorry, fuzzy., Kaisse (Guest), 03-Mar-06 12:50 PM, #64
Reply later man, throtsie (Guest), 01-Mar-06 08:45 AM, #6
Reply Comments., GinGa, 01-Mar-06 09:03 AM, #8
     Reply Ah, should likely add., GinGa, 01-Mar-06 09:44 AM, #11
          Reply I suppose, throtsie (Guest), 01-Mar-06 03:57 PM, #42
               Reply RE: I suppose, nepenthe, 01-Mar-06 04:07 PM, #43
               Reply RE: I suppose, silencedstatic (Guest), 01-Mar-06 05:03 PM, #44
               Reply RE: I suppose, Valguarnera, 01-Mar-06 07:37 PM, #49
               Reply About dagger/spear spec gearing (txt), Nightwiggler (Guest), 01-Mar-06 05:46 PM, #45
Reply Two thumbs up!, nepenthe, 01-Mar-06 08:25 AM, #4
Reply I can't beat Gerylanst..., Kaisse (Guest), 01-Mar-06 12:37 PM, #30
     Reply Don't sell yourself short., nepenthe, 01-Mar-06 02:11 PM, #37
Reply RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle., Varthas1 (Guest), 01-Mar-06 08:24 AM, #3
Reply I learned a good few things from you., Kaisse (Guest), 01-Mar-06 12:39 PM, #31
Reply Remember me? :), Greddarh, 01-Mar-06 08:20 AM, #2
Reply My god, you hurt., GinGa, 01-Mar-06 08:32 AM, #5
Reply Serious loss for Battle, WhiteRaven, 01-Mar-06 08:05 AM, #1

THROTSIE (Guest)Tue 14-Mar-06 12:23 PM

#46751, "Since this was just brought to my attention"
In response to Reply #0

After posting this log.

http://www.qhcf.net/cforum/logs/vpost.pl?64023

What exactly was your justification for getting mad at me for hitting a maran for interfering in a raid?

I am just curious. I know you were also in a bad mood at the time but seriously if you want to claim taking the high road about not attacking non mages and your going to ruin my character and quote the plaque at me perhaps you should learn to follow it. Yes you hit him by accident the first time but the comment about bleeding him is what caught my eye, and why would it be ok for you to play out rage and not another villager?

If your wondering why I bring this up I don't like being told I am crazy for acting the way I did.

Doobage (Guest)Tue 14-Mar-06 01:44 PM

#46752, "Seems sketchy, but that happens."
In response to Reply #68

He was the commander. You were not. While from the looks of things I don't think you should have been booted, my opinion means #### all. Had it been me, I may have taken your ass to the circle, shut you up, and went about my business, warning you not to do it again.

However, it does seem that characters like Daggan can run around pissing on the tablet's principles, but if you piss off the King of Cool, you are booted from the village by him.

That said. Accept that even if you are/were right, its over, and decided already. Do you really need the imms to say "Hey you were right, lets bring Kaisse back from death and flog him mercilessly"?

Kaisse (Guest)Tue 14-Mar-06 02:25 PM

#46754, "Daggan was a #### hot scout..."
In response to Reply #69

But yes, he was pissing all over the Plaque (scouts are NOT held to the Tablet)

Daggan was near getting caught as well, but he was obviously much smarter than Throt. In fact, he was one of the ones that dobbed him in Well played on Daggan's part.

Kaisse Tait.

Kaisse (Guest)Tue 14-Mar-06 02:23 PM

#46753, "Here's the run-down."
In response to Reply #68

You were being insubordinate most of the time and Kaisse was getting very tired of it.

It started at day one, where you mentioned you were a young svirf raised by dwarves. Fancy them being called the Hammersong clan!! That would make your full name... Throt Hammersong. Ingenius. This was very much ooc, so I just teased you about it and continued down induction lane. I lost my link in that one, so I didn't get to finish the job. But you were pretty much in once Ysal and Darus were done being disgusted at the circumstances.

From then on, it was a thin line you were walking. Offence include being insubordinate, insulting me behind my back (those who heard these insults, immediately reported them as well), being on the offensive when I'd ordered you to take Defender duties and generally pissing Kaisse off (Like, hellfire flasking him and thinking it was hilarious). The village is more than just killing mages. I had you talked to, tried to pull you over to show you what RP I was looking for, pulled you to the circle (see my imm comments for timelining it) then just got tired of it all and uninducted you when you broke the plaque.

For future reference, don't open the can if you don't like worms.

Kaisse Tait.

throtsie (Guest)Wed 15-Mar-06 12:14 PM

#46767, "RE: Here's the run-down."
In response to Reply #70

You were being insubordinate most of the time and Kaisse was getting very tired of it.

It started at day one, where you mentioned you were a young svirf raised by dwarves. Fancy them being called the Hammersong clan!! That would make your full name... Throt Hammersong. Ingenius. This was very much ooc, so I just teased you about it and continued down induction lane.

First off the throt being close to thror was by coincidence. second off I picked hammersong because I wanted to reflect the fact that he was raised by dwarves and not by svirfs. We call this a dynamic role in which I tried to incorporate some of the rich tradition of the village and the game into my role instead of just making everything up from thin air. Teasing and poking fun of a name should be considered very ooc but well whatever we can't expect anyone to be perfect can we.

I lost my link in that one, so I didn't get to finish the job. But you were pretty much in once Ysal and Darus were done being disgusted at the circumstances.

From then on, it was a thin line you were walking. Offence include being insubordinate, insulting me behind my back (those who heard these insults, immediately reported them as well), being on the offensive when I'd ordered you to take Defender duties and generally pissing Kaisse off (Like, hellfire flasking him and thinking it was hilarious).

You sought me the #### out and tried to tell me how to do my job when I was doing it better then you could do. You kept bringing me down a notch and it was simply irritating. The insults I should have said to your face in hindsight. Personally I see nothing wrong with this if you wanted me to shut up thats when you either step up and show me something impressive or call me to the circle. The hellfire was done for 2 reasons. 1 i felt you for somereason thought I needed a guiding hand and I didn't so it was to show you that I knew what I was doing. Second it was to show you something nifty that you might incorporate into your bag of tricks as a warrior.

Throt was content to do his own thing but you forced the interactions. Giving orders about how to raid 3 against 1, a 1 that any 3 of us could man handle with total ease is kind of stupid don't you think? And as far as defending duties go... No I am not a bitch healer. No I am not a bitch healer. No I am not a bitch healer. If someone was ####ed up yeah i came to help them and I did so in bad situations. I left in the middle of fights I was winning to run and bandage people.

The village is more than just killing mages. I had you talked to, tried to pull you over to show you what RP I was looking for, pulled you to the circle (see my imm comments for timelining it) then just got tired of it all and uninducted you when you broke the plaque.

You never called me to the circle. I said lets have a duel and we did. Whatever imm added that to your comments made a mistake.

and your still a ####ing hypocrit for booting me for something you yourself did. Even with the other things thats what you ####ing booted me for and that makes you a weak person in my book despite your obvious ability to RP.

Kaisse (Guest)Wed 15-Mar-06 12:54 PM

#46770, "There was a huge difference."
In response to Reply #74

You attacked someone of the Fortress - for raiding our foe. Bad.

I attacked someone who was with a mage. Very much within the Plaque. Good.

Kaisse Tait.

RustanvielGuest (Guest)Tue 14-Mar-06 03:07 PM

#46755, "Not to be disrespectful, but have you ever had a job wi..."
In response to Reply #68

*Sure, you might not like what they do.
Sure, they might not be perfect.
Sure, they might in fact be terrible.
Sure, you might have a different view on your job than they do.
Sure, they may be bad for the company.

But, try to call them on it, you had better prepare to be fired.

In this case, you had a different "view" of the company than the boss. You tried to treat him as an equal, or even be disrespectful of him.
The issue for which you were being disrespectful is not an issue, you were being disrespectful to your "boss", and as thus, either deserved to be fired for stupidity, or for the action you committed. Bosses in real life often have control/ego/disrespect issues. There is absolutely no reason the leader of a roving band of the greatest warrior's in Thera would have less of an ego than your typical office boss. Think about it for a second. Oh, and above all, when the boss is pissed and is coming down on you, never, ever, ever tell him he's wrong, unless you are prepared to be fired. At best, tell him why you did what you did unless you are indeed prepared to be fired.

*I am not saying Kaisse was any of these things.

Me again (Guest)Tue 14-Mar-06 03:07 PM

#46756, "That's supposed to say 'job with a boss.' in the subjec..."
In response to Reply #72

n/t

gorrnar (Guest)Sat 04-Mar-06 04:04 PM

#46412, "Was good! Sad to see you go, you make for great compnay"
In response to Reply #0

and a jollly good commander.

Kaisse (Guest)Sat 04-Mar-06 04:38 PM

#46415, "Tally ho."
In response to Reply #65

Ra-ther good, you say? Ho, ho. Pip pip.

Glad it was a laugh and a half. (a giggle and a pint, a chuckle and a lager, guffaw and beer, whatever your flavour is )

And if this character doesn't get all things blatently british out of my rping then I don't know what will. You might find me back as a young, spry man with a chimney brush and a cockney accent.

Shine ye shoes thur, guvna! Phaw, got to be farthin' letha tha, eh? *spit* *rub, rub, rub*

Enjoyed Gorrnar a lot too - this was my first warrior in donkeys years and there was a very sharp learning curve when it came to fighting. Especially since the main advantages of a warrior (hefty melee combined with lagging and 'always ready' preperation state) aren't that strong with a dagger/whip balance spec. I got the feeling you were testing the water a bit towards the fourties when there was a string of apparent defeats with few victories. I certainly hope thats well over and done with - especially after I proudly led you into that gank not so long ago (completely my fault, mind). You're a solid character, just keep with it and I see you going very far indeed. More than likely kicking arses from one end of Thera to the other now I'm not there to steal the glory

Kaisse Tait.

Gorrnar (Guest)Sun 05-Mar-06 04:03 PM

#46446, "RE: Tally ho."
In response to Reply #66

early 40s was HELL.
there was no one to rank, range full of heros all imperials or mages.
few not in above category were evil.
took my sweet time to graduate to hero but its good fun now.
all the best with your next. hope to see your next with gorrnar.

flunruk (Guest)Thu 02-Mar-06 06:42 PM

#46306, "adios mi amigo"
In response to Reply #0

I don't know why i just responded in spanish but then again around your character I don't know why I ended up doing a lot of things. It was interesting to see you progress from where you began to what you became. I still clearly remember you ordering us all into the jaws of certain death a couple of times with all of us smiling from your crazy antics.

Good luck with your next and I remember opto from back when i was playing a tribby voker. You showed me my first shield wand and thanks for that.

Kaisse (Guest)Fri 03-Mar-06 12:30 PM

#46337, "No probs, mate."
In response to Reply #56

Wow, that far back? Wish I could remember who but my memory is really crap.

And yes, there was indeed a sharp learning curve as this was my first real leader. I know it showed badly, but hopefully so did the end results I tried my best to at least ease the pain of defeat after those times. See you in the fields.

Kaisse.

dulmisa (Guest)Thu 02-Mar-06 04:10 PM

#46302, "RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle."
In response to Reply #0

What to say, we didn't fight much I think, but this was one of atleast three chars that you played and interacted in one way or another with Dulmisa. You seem to pull off cool chars all the time, I'm envious and very impressed! Good luck with your next, I'm trying to start playing again, but lowbie hood is breaking my spirit, I want to be hero, but somehow I can't get myself to get there.

Kaisse (Guest)Fri 03-Mar-06 12:42 PM

#46341, "Dulmisa... wow."
In response to Reply #55

You just never bloody died

I feel Nivult's pain of waiting for you to disappear - and those death echo's you got were soooo deserved. I was one of those breathing a sigh of relief because even though I could defeat most of the playerbase one-on-one with all Kaisse's strengths I could just not imagine defeating you. Ever. Even with luck. That was a scary thought.

Glad you had fun with Dulmisa, and I'm sure you'll get back to hero soon. I know how hard it is to try ranking up a character you enjoy when there never seems anyone to bloody rank with. Just stick it out - and when in doubt, roleplay away the time.

See you in the fields, I'm sure.

Kaisse Tait.

Rongar (Guest)Thu 02-Mar-06 08:55 AM

#46294, "RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle."
In response to Reply #0

Well.. I was kinda waiting for this to happen.
I always enjoy your company.
I always had fun when you were around.
thanks for the good times...

Kaisse (Guest)Fri 03-Mar-06 12:39 PM

#46340, "No worries, glad it was good."
In response to Reply #53

I liked Rongar mainly for the advantages a berserker giant brings

Thanks for playing around, too. I like people who can dish out the humour without breaking the roleplay. I always have to make a comprimise and go for a semi-articulate character just to compensate!

Enjoy.

Kaisse Tait.

Grunlath (Guest)Thu 02-Mar-06 03:34 AM

#46292, "RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle."
In response to Reply #0

I will speak for the imperial army.

In the beginning i liked Kaisse a lot. The duel in Aldevari was very cool.
In the end you started to complain a lot after each death, so much that it was annoying. It could be that you were just killing time before reghosting, but it rubbed me the wrong way.
I also disliked the time when you and Mhardat were trying the summon, lash,curse, entwine trick on me. Working so close with a summoner is bad form for a villager in my book. I got out after the second or third attempt.

You obviously knew what you were doing, and the solo fights were good.
I think many of the blades are glad that you are gone.

Good luck with your next.

nepentheThu 02-Mar-06 08:58 AM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46295, "RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle."
In response to Reply #52

>In the beginning i liked Kaisse a lot. The duel in Aldevari
>was very cool.
>In the end you started to complain a lot after each death, so
>much that it was annoying.

To be fair, I'd probably bitch at you too if you kept 5 and 6 on 1'ing me every time I unghosted.

I've seen some damn cool solo #### from Grunlath, but where Kaisse was concerned, I mostly just saw massive, massive gangs and looting of outfit gear.

Kaisse (Guest)Fri 03-Mar-06 12:47 PM

#46342, "Gankity gank"
In response to Reply #54

The Empire was a constant source of frustration, and a serious dampener on the character. I don't mind fighting 2 on 1. Or even three at a push. But it was consistantly 'report where Kaisse is, and bring every ####ing imperial we have to make sure he dies.

I was surprised I stayed in role for most of it. I am not surprised I resorted to bitching for most. As I said, I did get what I deserved for mouthing off a lot - that two round kill was evil.

Rot.

Damnation saps constitution.

Dead.

Cheap as hell, but I couldn't complain because for once you showed up to fight alone. I'm surprised you never did more than rot/word because shamans have a lot more they can do to try and mess up a villager. Possibly, they are the best class for fighting them. You just have to take *gasp* a risk. And not camp for half an hour so that you can summon people away for a 6 on 1 gank, that could have been a 3 on 6 straight fight.

Enjoy.

Kaisse Tait.

shamanmanWed 01-Mar-06 10:27 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2004
244 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#46279, "Props! txt"
In response to Reply #0

We interacted a bit as tarseti when I was rank 5, and a few more times throughout my short life. I'd heard good things from you and really wanted to see for myself, you didn't let me down good job yhor, see you in the fields.

KarelWed 01-Mar-06 09:48 PM
569 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46269, "RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle."
In response to Reply #0

I knew you as three characters that I can remember. With the elf fortie I had whose name I can't remember, I loved your conviction, hated that you had to keep pushing and eventually had to fight you. As Omeran, still loved the conviction, hated how you tried to press him into a defender/scout mold. I recall a conversation, somewhat, when we were doing something and I don't even recall what it was about except it was something I didn't think a berserker should be doing and said so. Your response as a semi-quote was "If you don't like it you can leave the village". I didn't really care for that, and as a character I probably should have done a little chop chop on you, but didn't for some reason I don't even know. As Nethlin I only saw you once, when I got the hurl/entwine treatment and came back to an empty corpse and that was the last time we fought. As all three I didn't care for your looting policy, note I didn't like it even when on your side, but that is just one of my things. I didn't like Aeria's either when I was with her. All in all I'd say I liked your character through all my characters, moreso when I was neither direct ally or enemy. Think I covered this all in my other goodbyes already though.

P.S. Advice from the memory deficient on a goodbye system. The real important/stand out characters you'll know, toss them a goodbye, reply to replies for everyone else, or just do the reply to replies only, so much easier than trying to actually remember stuff.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Kaisse (Guest)Fri 03-Mar-06 12:28 PM

#46336, "My looting policy..."
In response to Reply #50

Was never to order full loots.

I just got pissed off with ragers picking up gear, then actually putting it into the mages hands. Sometimes, even magical stuff slipped by in their gear spamming. Thats just bad roleplay. So I threatened to kick anyone who was doing exactly that, they could still leave it in the corpses (and even corpseguard).

Not sure what you're on about with Omeran, but I had a policy for handling paths. You either roleplayed your path to earn your powers, or got a hard time until you made some vague effort. Berserkers had to have a certain deathfullness and/or couragous disregard that brought them victories. Defenders had to be mindful of injuries more to others than themselves. Not sure how an evil would have handled that, but I say Grezarn doing a damn good job. Scouts had to report. It really was -that- simple.

Other than that, anything went! I put on the tiniest restrictions and people seem to have blown it way out of proportion. Especially Niazuruzain with the looting... he seemed to just not want to listen.

Enjoy!

Kaisse.

Ulthinius (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 06:46 PM

#46264, "RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle."
In response to Reply #0

Good job man. Pretty big Kaisse fan, enjoyed the old man RP. Never got to fight with you much as I finally just made the hero ranks. Anyway, good one and come back the village. I'll say a bit more about what Ulthinius thought about you after I delete. Good luck on the next.

Kaisse (Guest)Fri 03-Mar-06 12:38 PM

#46339, "My Ulthini-comments"
In response to Reply #48

I know it doesn't stand out a lot, but I consider you one of the best roleplayers in the village right know.

Maybe you don't play out the dark-elf aspect as much as some might expect for a 'great' roleplayer, but you play out everything else perfectly. Simple phrasing and timing seemed to leave in my mind a very sneaky, vaguely friendly yet quietly manipulating person. You scout well, fight bravely (and as a dark-elf, you should likely expect to get whooped ) and thats all you really need for a solid character. The consistancy of the things you roleplayed in politics and so on was what really stuck out in my mind. It made me laugh whenever you'd try to twist me into Warring with the fort. Yet you never lied, never disrespected me. Just patient, quiet, pushing. With the occasional comment I'd say

'hang on... git! We are NOT going to WAR! Gah...'

On top of that, when you didn't get what you wanted (for me to death-mark half the Maran!) you stuck to the plaque hardcore. Respect.

Kaisse Tait.

Suarvina (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 06:07 PM

#46257, "Sorry to see you go. Ill miss chasing you around the po..."
In response to Reply #0

You know. Its sad to say but on land you owned me. And in the water, I owned you. We had some good arguements, which I wanted more from you. Your roleplay got intriguing at the pond when you mentioned Azuremain and Veran. Sad to see you go, even though you were my enemy.
I still can't believe I almost 1 rounded you! LOL

Ilimya (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 03:41 PM

#46251, "A class act."
In response to Reply #0

Awesome character and it is obvious from your farewell thread that I
only scratched the surface of the coolness that was Kaisse. I kick
myself for not interacting more with you.

It was fun to raid tribunal with some mages and then have
Kaisse's lads show up to cause havoc.

I enjoyed the few raid/retrievals at imperial lands we had
together. Ilimya respected Kaisse's strength, but wasn't above trying to
use him for her own ends (i.e. retrieving together, then leaving him to
die when defenders arrived).

A shame when we raided Empire, chased off Strouth and was waiting for
the other imperials to arrive, that I lost link, got it back 15 minutes
later to discover we were both ghosts.

Have fun with your next. If it half as good as Kaisse, it will be a boon
for the mud.

Lerimos (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 02:45 PM

#46250, "Damn Impressive"
In response to Reply #0

You always made me laugh, a few times i tried to make Lerimos bitter towards you but hell, it was hard. I really enjoyed you from the beginning to the end. Been around for a few Commanders and Kaisse really stuck out in my mind. I see the list of characters and I understand why you were awesome. Good luck with the next hopefully Ill interact with them in some manifestation. By the way I wanted another duel damnit!

Kaisse (Guest)Fri 03-Mar-06 12:33 PM

#46338, "He he he..."
In response to Reply #40

As a 3-legacy commander vs someone who hasn't practiced duelling a lot, did you expect to win?

I wanted you guys to get some practice in because I know it soooo would have helped the Rites when I was in them. I made many painful mistakes against villagers, although I did win the duelling round flawlessly. A little luck (which kaisse didn't believe in, but I sure as hell did!) and a bit of skill scraped me through that one. Lets hope the next is more interesting for you guys. And if it doesn't come? Hell, you had some duelling fun!

Thanks loads for the compliments, see you around.

Kaisse.

Drifelda (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 01:54 PM

#46246, "Whoa!"
In response to Reply #0

Never really talked with Kaisse with any of my characters, but I was talking to someone about Jaeiin the other day. I was a big Optomkiptum fan too.

Send me an e-mail?

llylandria@yahoo.com

Iasolar (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 01:47 PM

#46245, "Great Character"
In response to Reply #0

Hey there! Well what can I say, well r-played all around as usual. I remember you as Ritur with both Rawnie and Ledifel and I always enjoy your company when around one your characters. Was a ton of fun, and I can't wait to see the logs. Luck on the next and I'm sure it will be a more fun to come.
Later

Kaisse (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 02:16 PM

#46249, "Hey there!!"
In response to Reply #35

Rawnie, eh? Wow thats a flash-back! Glad we crossed paths again, I missed you after you deleted. Just like I said below in a reply to someone elses post, you were the best drillmaster I've ever known. Patient, careful and wise beyond your years!

I hope we meet again, don't know where, don't know when. But I'm sure'll we'll meet again on carrionfields!

Kaisse Tait.

Iasolar (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 06:16 PM

#46258, "Hey!!!!!!!!! Do me a favor!! (text)"
In response to Reply #39

Send me an email: I still have some questions for you about Ritur/Rawnie. ccmerritt@gmail.com

later Yhorian and once again Great, great characters!
Iasolar

Daeoine (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 01:30 PM

#46242, "RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle."
In response to Reply #0

Damn .... I liked you...
Sorry to see you go dear..

GryshilniarWed 01-Mar-06 01:20 PM
Member since 31st Jan 2006
85 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46241, "Two thumbs way down!"
In response to Reply #0

For forgetting about me in your goodbye! Bastard. Time for me to go sit at the giant and yell subtle insults in your direction. Or lose link so you can finally kill me :p

I really got a kick out of seeing you log on and I usually sent you a tell just to let you know I was glad to see you (in fewer and different words). I enjoyed my interactions with Kaisse immensely, and we certainly saw different sides of our characters. I specifically remember you and me fighting to get back our items in imperials lands several times against an imperial horde. You died but we managed to take a few of them down with you...while I pussed out and lived .
Then when we became leaders it evolved into pride stuff, and we ended up becoming twisted enemies in an odd and playful sort of way.
Anyway it's all a mess now but just wanted to say good job and good luck on your next!

I remember being on Ritur's side of things as well, another solid character.
Nice going champ.

Kaisse (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 02:14 PM

#46248, "Ha ha, talk about frustrating"
In response to Reply #32

There's me rushing at you... I actually score the hamstring for once. Throw off my entwine and eyejab you.... then suddenly realise you aren't moving. I look at you. You're near naked and regearing with your happy spear. ####.

I'm glad I at least got one victory so I could put our proud crap asside and get on with the old rough back-and-forth I enjoyed before I felt the respect too, it almost makes you understand how these old war heroes can get together and share stories like best friends even still. You can take everything away, even leave in our differences, but we still shared the war. Was good fighting by you, mate. Congratz and good luck.

Kaisse Tait.

Kragathian (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 12:19 PM

#46234, "Its a shame to see you go old friend."
In response to Reply #0

wow It was a good ride for you man. I was there when you got inducted and we ranked. I was there for the first rights with "lash" haha you got commander and our whole generation kept dying out. We lost the "legs" of the village and the beasts started dying off. Needless to say you have done a great job as commander, we have had some seriously cool RP sessions too amoung the crazy adventures we would head out on. Thanks for giving me the bid on Drillmaster, I know you wanted me to spend more time drilling the bastards (and I do here and there) but Krag trys to lead by example more. We did do things differently, but they complimented eachother well I think. I hope you had alot of fun with the char, and it sounds like you did till the end. Was always happy to see you logged in cus when you were around there would always be some crazy #### going on. The Fate thing was cool and I did enjoy kicking around ideas about it, all in all I hope to see you again in the fields

Kaisse (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 12:34 PM

#46237, "Krag, ye thick stump."
In response to Reply #25

He he, I got so abusive when I turned 'old'. Added my grey hair, starting getting really grumpy and somehow no matter how hard I tried to be angry and abusive at you, we still laughed it off.

All the way through, we did stick it out. You were like a childhood friend to the finish - its why I put you first for drillmaster. I think the best part was how passionate you got about your little 'project'. The way you led me around, showing me things... I was gob smacked. You rp awesomely when you've actually got some passion burning behind it. It pretty much got you set and might have even made up for you being AFK 90% of the time Krag the stumpy statue.

Not as if I can comment though, I have an abismal connection right now... I lost it only the other day fighting the War master in balator and I still don't know how I lived through it! I should have been minced!

Enjoy the rest of your days, you're in the lucky position of getting another Rites if all goes well Should be just enough villager hero's to get one rolling and I can safely say the one I had with Ordasen will be in my head for a looong time. One of the best experiences CF has to offer.

Lash, virgin steaks, wrestling and sexy elven legs! Its Battleragers the Movie - Rites of WAR! Coming to all good log boards near you.

Kaisse Tait.

Kragathian (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 01:46 PM

#46244, "haha hey I got something fer yah Kaisse "hurl leg Kaiss..."
In response to Reply #28

hahaha yea I really hope the rights get kickin along soon. I knew you were plannin on ducking out kinda soon, after a few of our talks. Also you making everyone do a "pratice rights" was funny and kinda spoke for itself. yea about my connection it kinda sucks, but the in the last week I got a solid Connection cable !! go me!

I am still trying to get that project off the ground but Kastellyn's PT is down hard lately so its been a rough show. I hear what your saying about the RP, unless someone leads it on a little or unless someone asks Krag is kinda bottled up. No one reallys asks about him and his memories are painful. If you noticed I hardly ever call blood, but when I do I have flashbacks about what happened in the past.

oh and your emperial gank was 8 v. 1 mine was 9 v. 1 i win! haha

Marcus_Wed 01-Mar-06 12:08 PM
681 posts
#46231, "Think I said most in Bund's post.."
In response to Reply #0

But we had some fun times, and it almost never got rough

It's always fun playing on the same team as your chars, Jaeiin was dope and I hope you pick the right side next time as well. Question though.. Did Kaisse ever get any booty or was it all just bragging? :p

Peace

Kaisse (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 12:18 PM

#46233, "You better believe it!"
In response to Reply #22

Yeah, I didn't get crap. Hit on a lot of people for fun, it just fit with the character, and most of them didn't turn into a whole lot. They'd have been rped flings anyhow - no marriage for this nugget. Ysal's a real slut but I wasn't that desperate yet

Still jealous your characters keep out-styling mine in PK! And right under my nose! Keep rocking, mate.

Oh, and I got another log someplace a lot like the 'Jaeiin+Cathoria vs four Scions' where we got out with one of them dead and us still alive. Can't remember who we were fighting in the battle version but I'll see about posting it this weekend. And yes, I think it still looks like I play the side-kick

Kaisse Tait.

Marcus_Wed 01-Mar-06 12:22 PM
681 posts
#46235, "On a side note"
In response to Reply #24

I really wanted commander with Bundeltorf, just so I could say 'that's why you'll never make commander Kais' whenever you went on an "it's fated" spree so I was mighty bummed that I missed the rites :p

Ysaloerye (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 12:00 PM

#46228, "Ya fargin bastid!"
In response to Reply #0

Good times good times!
You will be sorely sorely missed.
Definitely a standout Battle leader.
Always fun to stomp along at your side.

More when I croak.
Going to have to make up a new curse just for you I think *wink*

Kaisse (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 12:08 PM

#46230, "muhahahaha"
In response to Reply #19

My favourite dwarven wench

Can't believe how many good/bad times we shared. Its been a pretty hefty run and even though you were only there for the last half it was awesome.

Not long before inducting you and fuzzy together, I was talking to Darus about female dwarves and how to tell the difference. There's this statue in Mortorn that made me think about it. How do you tell?

Then Ysal turns up with her funny speech. At first I thought it might get really annoying/repetative but you toned it down a little and it seemed fine. Made me smile most of the time Loved having a proper mace-spec berserker too. Tore through so many foes and as a dwarf you have permanent resist-death. As you can imagine I could be envious of your power but then again I had to try defender out. Berserker I'll save for later when I've thought up a really good berserkery role.

You were definetly one of Kaisse's closest friends. Thanks for being there.

Kaisse Tait

PS - Get some balls!

KastellynWed 01-Mar-06 11:52 AM
864 posts
#46226, "Well Played!"
In response to Reply #0

All around great Commander and very well RP'd character! I thought you did a great job holding the Village together and providing solid leadership and guidance. Fun to watch, too, and a very competent fighter.

My time has been suffering lately as well; I hope that swings around for both of us!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Kaisse (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 12:25 PM

#46236, "Thanks, mate."
In response to Reply #17

You guys seem to do all the work while we get all the fun. I can have nothing but thanks and respect for you guys doing that.

I'm sure if you had all the time in the world, you and Ordasen would have been ghosting about the Inn with me

Don't expect to score all the wenches though, no one beats my smooooth 'first aid lessons'. Even Therethine was on the floor lifting (some) clothes for that one. Plus, I was Commander. Cool dagger... big mojo... and mortal. Suck it ghosts!

Kaisse Tait.

Muriont (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 11:02 AM

#46225, "RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle."
In response to Reply #0

Man, I don't know what to say. You turned induction for me from a trial to a waiting game. One day while I was training you told me to rank up, and the next day after I ranked up, you asked why I hadn't trained enough. Well man, I got out and ranked up. I was sick of losing PKs because all someone had to do was turn invis. That took me back years to when Masters would tickle me from invis. I'll take a DEMO to see invis any day over that. I think the worst was when I got called to the village for aid, and this AP just sat there invisible probably not knowing that he could have slept me in a heartbeat.

Anyways what was weirdest was that after induction, we never had a problem (tmk). Other than the fact that I couldn't do anything to you in a duel because of our perspective specs and legacies, we were clean. I also considered just bashing you down in that duel, but I wasn't doing nearly enough damage to do so effectively. Flurrying you was meant as a joke. I'm just glad it fired. What's funny is that the most damage I did to you was from chargeset and we had already established how you could get around that. :p I knew you were ready for this at that moment. I wanted to get out and rank and you were like come here, I'm talking to everyone about the rites.

Anyways overall I think I liked your style after I got in, but the hour of lecturing before induction was sorta ... weird ... Mostly because it wasn't anything I needed to know that I didn't already.

Can't say I interacted with -too- many of your characters there, but I do recognize alot of them. Rock on, and good luck enjoying the next one.

Kaisse (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 12:14 PM

#46232, "Ah, Muriont..."
In response to Reply #16

Loved messing about with you, the 'balls' thing stuck in my head almost as badly as when I did a typo with Ritur. 'Penis mightier than sword'. He he.

And god knows why playing with balls is good for rot, but it is! Thanks for lending me yours when I needed them. They weren't much better than mine, but its the thought that counts. Not many people would trust me with their balls in the first place.

As for the induction, if I remember right you fought with someone and lost or weren't impressive or something (i could be wrong). Kaisse looked for something in his berserkers that made them either look fearless or deathful. Sorry if it meant I just messed you about, but I'm glad you got there in the end. With most, persistance is all I require. (except the elven ranger who seems to always fail to be in the right place at the right time maybe you'll have better luck now I'm gone - keep at it dude - seriously.)

Balls, balls and more balls, my friend. That is indeed the secret to being a villager.

Kaisse Tait.

Artageia (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 10:56 AM

#46224, "RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle."
In response to Reply #0

Awww, IC I loved this old chap, grouchy as he was. Was lovely
to actually have someone I could have some Guerricy religious
rp with, though some of your ideas where slightly odd =) Considered
having Arty get a crush on him, but he was far to human and crude
so bleh, was going to treat you like a slightly daft grandfather.
Shame you won't be around for it!
Great char, some of the things you did while I was repeatedly
dieing while exploring blew me away. A good egg =)

Ducktrainer.

Kaisse (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 11:57 AM

#46227, "Don't think I didn't consider..."
In response to Reply #15

turning you into 'another of Kaisse's wenches' (he he) because I had. Even think I talked it over with Ysal and/or Krag. Paladins are such a turn off though, especially for the pub-love club. Kaisse gave you a '2' on the wench scale, but elves normally score an automatic '5 or above'. Who knows, if you'd shown at interest your points may have shot through the roof

I'm glad to have found a priest as well, I could think of nothing that Kaisse would take pride in more than finally getting blessed by Guerric's power. I don't think I've ever loved the bless commune so much for rping than in that moment.

Thanks for the help and all, enjoy your run. I'm sure there are other closet Guerric lovers out there. Since we've just proved/promoted how awesome his religion is there might even be a flood any day now! Enjoy you character, lass.

Kaisse Tait.

AodhWed 01-Mar-06 10:35 AM
Member since 06th Jan 2005
352 posts
#46220, "And I'll send your goodbyes to Sweet Nancy!"
In response to Reply #0

Brastal's been my highest-level char @ 38, so I've never experienced the hero range, but I have to say that you're the first character I've interacted with that truly felt 3-dimensional. Instead of just jabbering religion helpfiles, it seemed you really had a philosophy behind him. That, and our jocular rambling and joking was really, really fun! I'm still kicking myself for not "converting" and joining Battle with you.

I remember when we had to choose your weapons: I was dismayed when the flail came up! For a first spec?!? But, seems they're much better now, and you dished out some major hurt with 'em. Great job, man.

~Brastal

Kaisse (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 12:03 PM

#46229, "Ha! An alibi!"
In response to Reply #12

Yeah, I chose it pre-flail rush

With sting and bludgeon I thought it wouldn't be too painful. And it wasn't! Then the flails turned into something pretty damned useful. So few people practice them, they can get a good few hits past most defenses. Although now I imagine that won't be quite the same. I was truly holding out for maces though. Dagger and maces would have been pretty cool. Maelstrom I definetly had planned for experimentation too and Balance I guess came with my random weapon choices. Since I'm dead I could mention my third legacy, which saved my ass a time or two. I got Fires of Adversity. Its not overly noticeable unless you have crap defenses like I did. Then you notice how much longer the fights get when you're losing. Perfect for a maledicting spec like me. Seriously glad I went dex focused as well, figured with high dex I could make any weapon work my way. Then I get dagger spec! Woo!

You got good humour, definetly shines well as a bard. Cheers.

Kaisse Tait.

AarnWed 01-Mar-06 09:21 AM
Member since 04th Feb 2005
566 posts
#46218, "RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle."
In response to Reply #0

I liked Kaisse too! Man, there were a few times I felt bad for you. Empire ganked you a ton, and that full looting thing was kinda silly, since that's not what you said at all. Anyway, fine job here, and nice choice of legacies too.

Nice list of characters too, by the way. Ritur and Opto were two of my favorites, so it all makes sense now!

Good luck with your next

Aarn?

Kaisse (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 12:37 PM

#46238, "It happens"
In response to Reply #10

Politics and war are what make CF interesting. When it got cheap, I always had the Eternal Star to retreat to. There are times when giggle-spamming heralds are more than welcome, and those were them alright.

Glad you liked it, lets hope my next incarnation is just as fun.

Kaisse Tait.

ordasenWed 01-Mar-06 08:58 AM
Member since 18th Feb 2004
216 posts
#46214, "RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle."
In response to Reply #0

A great leader who I loved and was funny watching him dance around the 'ancient ghost' That always made ORdasen chuckle and would do things to see how you would react. So long as you are trying you will never get pincered..maybe yelled at for doing stupid ####..but not a whack. You were great with only 1 exception and that was running around with the damn camel.

Good luck and screw those who didn't like you. You enjoyed the char.
Have fun.
Ordasen

GinGaWed 01-Mar-06 09:05 AM
996 posts
#46216, "he he..."
In response to Reply #7

It was intended as a sacrifice. Yeah, I should have thought harder about that and the plaque, but I figured I might get away with it if I ran really fast. The idea of sacrificing a camel to my God was just too much fun Call it a cheeky mistake.

Thanks for believing, glad I was some entertainment. And damn your virgin steaks!!

Kaisse

Friarr (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 10:44 AM

#46221, "Why now!!!"
In response to Reply #7

I just entered hero range to travel a bit with my Commander and you delete like that?? Anyway, you were seriously the most impressive (in an rp way) leader I've ever been under. I was never sure if you liked me or not, thats why I wanted to travel with you more. Anyhow, maybe the only thing I hated is that you were TOO calculated for me

Luck with your next, Kaisse and Ritur were a blast.

Fuzzy

Friarr (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 10:45 AM

#46222, "Woops, meant to be under main post. (nt)"
In response to Reply #13

wqrqr

Kaisse (Guest)Fri 03-Mar-06 12:50 PM

#46343, "Sorry, fuzzy."
In response to Reply #13

I have such a soft spot for felars... they're great to abuse

Thanks for being there to take it! I wish we could have gotten to know each other more. There was a huge gap between me inducting you, and you showing up consistantly and ranking. I'm glad you ironed it out in the end though, the village needs more doing your path!

Cheers.

Kaisse Tait.

throtsie (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 08:45 AM

#46212, "later man"
In response to Reply #0

well despite our little differences i liked you a lot. I interacted with Kaisse over the course of three different villagers and each one was a slightly different expeirence. I always thought you should have been a bard because you had the spirit of the village thing going.

I was looking forward to calling you to the circle though whenever I caught you and finally had lightweight no_remove weapons damn that legacy of yours I can't believe you could disarm others still while blind, took away my only tactic besides having to grab specific weapons.

and one more side note. You and ordasen for some reason have this crazy idea that flashiness wins fights. It wins some but 95% of fights are won with less then flashy tactics so um yeah just throwin that out there.

for your next villager if you learn how to gear better you will be twice as deadly. Everytime I looked at you with really only half a set I cringed, it takes a while to learn how to equip a villager I really didn't get good at it until my 15th or so.

GinGaWed 01-Mar-06 09:03 AM
996 posts
#46215, "Comments."
In response to Reply #6

I generally equipped with what I needed and it worked. Nothing wrong with my equipment. No, it wasn't that often 'elite' or 'uber-powered' but I had consistant 30-40 hit and damn, plenty of +str, +dex and +con. Which I needed. Perhaps you only look at some of that, but I generally gear for all of them so I have an all-around feel to my pluses. Focusing on any one thing too much is a lot of hassle and my weapons were more than adequate to get consistant mangles. Demolishes to devestates with a nice poncho

That comment out of the way, its not always about winning. Flashy is fun.

Kaisse Tait.

GinGaWed 01-Mar-06 09:44 AM
996 posts
#46219, "Ah, should likely add."
In response to Reply #8

You earned back some respect, that you lost by insulting Kaisse behind his back more than once, by sticking it out with the character at least. Some things about you just seemed to itch at me and I guess thats why I gave you a harder time than most. The kicking out was pretty well founded, as you were acting like a berserker and not a defender. If you'd gone that path, things might have been hunkey dory eventually.

Just don't forget, even if you disagree with the leader, I wouldn't go as far as disrespect. The two times you commented on me, I got immediate reports back. Setting me on fire pretty much sealed your doom :p

Kaisse Tait.

throtsie (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 03:57 PM

#46252, "I suppose"
In response to Reply #11

After reading through this post my respect for you as a player has been more then dramatically reduced.

You earned back some respect, that you lost by insulting Kaisse behind his back more than once, by sticking it out with the character at least.

Your right I should have insulted you to your face. You kept forcing interactions with Throt and suffice it to say you didn't know him at all what so ever. Telling a prideful warrior he isn't doing his job well (when he is doing his job and other peoples) is going to piss anyone off and since he follows the god of rage and all a little verbal battering is to be expected. I very well may be alone in thinking this but the village commander should really almost never give an Order and if they do it should only be along the lines of get back and defend or stop breaking village rules.

Some things about you just seemed to itch at me and I guess thats why I gave you a harder time than most. The kicking out was pretty well founded, as you were acting like a berserker and not a defender. If you'd gone that path, things might have been hunkey dory eventually.

First off the only time you should flat out boot a villager is if they are not acting like a villager at all. Keep in mind your idea of what makes a good scout vs a good defender might be different then other peoples. There was perhaps half a dozen times where I would leave the middle of a fight I was winning to run and bandage dieing villagers.

secondly I held myself to the berserker rules of parity even in raids many times. I did this because well frankly it was really unfair if I didn't as I outdamaged most berserkers anyways and I was a lot harder to kill then most because of bandages and poultice. You should rarely penalize someone for holding themselves to a higher standard.

Just don't forget, even if you disagree with the leader, I wouldn't go as far as disrespect.

True your right I violated this point. I expect village leaders to not get their panties in a bunch if someone talks smack on them IC. I expect them to call out that person to the circle wip their ass and show them whose boss (and given our respective combos you should have won 9 out of 10 fights in the circle). What surprised me more is a defender commander booting a villager for defending village pride and then leaving him to get ganked (thats not very defenderish in my book even if you did just boot me).

The two times you commented on me, I got immediate reports back. Setting me on fire pretty much sealed your doom :p

I am sorry I will never again try to show someone something nifty that I think might help them be a better player. I was going to show you how to get the item and the basics of the area but eh see above panties in a twist (when a villager says lets me show you something and its going to hurt and you nod said villager will expect you expect to get hurt)

now as to thinking a 40 dam roll is enough... well maybe if you were an axe spec definentally not as a whip dagger to be deadly you would need circa 60 and wtf were you gearing for str for that much when all your weapons should weigh less than 6 pounds and you can make ponchos.

don't get me wrong I will reiterate you were the spirit of the village man and you did great in that reguard I just think you were very lacking in terms of leadership skills (then again keep in mind I prefer to be a loner and hate being told what to do so obviously my opnion is a little biased)

nepentheWed 01-Mar-06 04:07 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46253, "RE: I suppose"
In response to Reply #42

You probably should keep it in your pants until Throt is deleted.

silencedstatic (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 05:03 PM

#46255, "RE: I suppose"
In response to Reply #42

I think this is really whats wrong with the village a lot, you are sitting there telling him this is how a villager should be, this is what a villager should do, this is what a villager should wear, this is how a villager should gear, etc.

With such an elitist attitude and the throwing out there that you've now play 165,876 villagers its no wonder people have such a rough time making a go of it as a villager. It just seems its you same old guys and you just roll villager after villager after villager and have decided that your way if the definative way on how they should be played. While all the while its just some delusion of grandure you have, while others with different ways of doing things move on up into the fore front much like Kaisse.

ValguarneraWed 01-Mar-06 07:37 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#46265, "RE: I suppose"
In response to Reply #44

With such an elitist attitude and the throwing out there that you've now play 165,876 villagers its no wonder people have such a rough time making a go of it as a villager. It just seems its you same old guys and you just roll villager after villager after villager and have decided that your way if the definative way on how they should be played. While all the while its just some delusion of grandure you have, while others with different ways of doing things move on up into the fore front much like Kaisse.

First up, I agree. Things are much more interesting if cabal leaders are given latitude to change things up and run their own show, within certain boundaries.

Second up, it's one thing to do it with a forum persona. It's much worse to do it as an active character.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Nightwiggler (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 05:46 PM

#46256, "About dagger/spear spec gearing (txt)"
In response to Reply #42

Jinroh was probably the most deathful dagger spec ever.

He and I talked dagger spec gear lots when I had mine in the village.

Have fun gearing for 60 dam as a dagger spec, and neglecting things like STR.

When you get hit for a poison, and your carry goes to above current max, and you dodge like a Fire AP, and die, meh.

You seem like an angry person. You should calm down.

nepentheWed 01-Mar-06 08:25 AM
3430 posts
#46210, "Two thumbs up!"
In response to Reply #0

I really, really liked this character. Great job all around.

Who'd have thought I'd like another Leader of Battle this soon?

Kaisse (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 12:37 PM

#46239, "I can't beat Gerylanst..."
In response to Reply #4

But I damn well tried

Cheers.

Kaisse Tait.

nepentheWed 01-Mar-06 02:11 PM
3430 posts
#46247, "Don't sell yourself short."
In response to Reply #30

I loved Gerylanst, but Kaisse was no less a great character in his own way.

Varthas1 (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 08:24 AM

#46209, "RE: Woe is Kaisse Tait, Commander of Battle."
In response to Reply #0

Definitely liked you, you were gutsy and were doing a great job by the time Varthas was dying off. Hope you enjoyed your time

Kaisse (Guest)Wed 01-Mar-06 12:39 PM

#46240, "I learned a good few things from you."
In response to Reply #3

Really enjoyed kicking about with you and Iasolar while I could, it was definetly a memorable time. That sword too - wow! Someone was actually wielding it!

Which reminds me - Iasolar better reply, he was a kick-ass drillmaster. Best one I've seen so far, I think.

See you in the fields.

Kaisse Tait.

GreddarhWed 01-Mar-06 08:20 AM
Member since 19th Feb 2006
85 posts
#46208, "Remember me? :)"
In response to Reply #0

bah got to go I will write goodbyes later.

GinGaWed 01-Mar-06 08:32 AM
996 posts
#46211, "My god, you hurt."
In response to Reply #2

That was a pretty bad day all-round. I think most people would have given up by the time you'd slaughtered us that much.

Just glad I picked up my brain and re-inserted it before facing you again. I could smile knowing that I at least fought you off while you were powered up to the max. I'm just going to pretend the rest never happened now

Even if your axe doesn't forget me for a long time...

Kaisse Tait.

WhiteRavenWed 01-Mar-06 08:05 AM
Member since 03rd Jan 2005
37 posts
#46207, "Serious loss for Battle"
In response to Reply #0

I said it all in Avy's good bye - but it's players like you who make the game fun and remind people that it's an RP game AND a PK game. I'm a big fan of yours.

Good luck on your next, I hope we cross paths! (And not the kind where you stick a dagger in me, though that has happened!)

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #46205 Previous topic | Next topic