Subject: "Ylynliun, the Hero Druid" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #44854
Show all folders

WilhathThu 19-Jan-06 09:56 PM
Member since 19th May 2003
528 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44854, "Ylynliun, the Hero Druid"

Have you ever written a role that seemed like a really fantastic story when you wrote it, but then trying to play it out never really worked out? That was Ylynliun. I just couldn't be morbid enough.

Goodbyes:

Amaranthe - Thanks for the Empowerment. Sorry I wrote the note so early in the character's life and after only maybe a dozen prays. I had read your forum and knew our playtimes probably didn't overlap much if at all so I went straight to the note method. Unless I miss my guess, I was right about our playtimes from "Go."

Outlanders - This was my first time in the cabal and I must say that I enjoyed it. I have this thing about needing to be relatively unique so there being 3 often-on wood-elf druids kinda made me sad. I wasn't even the only Amaranthe wood-elf druid...*sigh*

Aeria - We didn't spent a lot of time interacting, but what I saw of you was impressive.

Laenelis - Thanks for the induction and sorry for healing you and whatnot without your permission.

Blidern - My partner throughout most of my life. Way to powerrank me.

Other warrior who for some reason i'm blanking on the name of - Man you died a lot. Flash in the pan to be sure.

Lowbies - Rise on up. Outlander will be strong for a while with you all around.

Tribunal -

Falun - Meh.

Kasdenn - Scary.

The rest - There are others?

Empire -

Every last one of you - Ghetto. Terribly ghetto.

Fortress -

Dwarves - Most of the time I was bored. You guys fleeing and/or wording every time I attacked you didn't help. Kharnik I whipped you so often that I felt bad about it.

I'll be back to Outlander at some point. Maybe next, maybe not. We'll see.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply bye, Fielstithian (Guest), 21-Jan-06 09:08 PM, #9
Reply RE: bye, Wilhath, 21-Jan-06 09:43 PM, #10
Reply RE: Ylynliun, the Hero Druid, Amaranthe, 20-Jan-06 02:47 PM, #7
Reply Of course you did, Wilhath, 20-Jan-06 08:15 PM, #8
Reply Powerranking buddy, Blidern (Guest), 20-Jan-06 08:17 AM, #6
Reply That's a good thing, Zevsa (Guest), 20-Jan-06 05:27 AM, #5
Reply Hahaha., Kharnik (Guest), 20-Jan-06 04:47 AM, #4
Reply RE: Ylynliun, the Hero Druid, A2, 20-Jan-06 03:07 AM, #3
Reply Ah the avatar of the beginning of the end for me..., Uurakhi (Guest), 20-Jan-06 01:29 AM, #2
Reply RE: Ylynliun, the Hero Druid, Dinian (Guest), 19-Jan-06 11:09 PM, #1

Fielstithian (Guest)Sat 21-Jan-06 09:08 PM

#45022, "bye"
In response to Reply #0

I don't know if I'm the forgotten warrior you were talking about who died all the time, but the description fits Fielstithian. Back when you were playing this character I had a run where Zevsa was gating to me so to lead Imperial hordes to my location, and on more than one occasion before I had been able to regear from the last full loot. I was hardly impressive, and I blame this on my inexperience: first elf, first warrior, first Outlander. But I am learning.

From the little we interacted, your character struck me as knowledgeable, self-sufficient, and aloof, which I think fits the tenets of an Outlander wild-elf wonderfully.

WilhathSat 21-Jan-06 09:43 PM
528 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45025, "RE: bye"
In response to Reply #9

Nah, I was thinking of Lecsate. You were good people.

AmarantheFri 20-Jan-06 02:47 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44911, "RE: Ylynliun, the Hero Druid"
In response to Reply #0

I didn't mind the note. I never mind the note presuming I havn't answered a prayer.

Our playtimes were fine, though sometimes I'm not always in a position for long conversations, and the Crone tends to just be like that moreso than the Mother or Maiden.

I was kind of looking forward to getting you into the Coven. I had a little personal event planned for you that related to your role.

WilhathFri 20-Jan-06 08:15 PM
528 posts
#44944, "Of course you did"
In response to Reply #7

What imm doesn't have some grand scheme planned for me right before I delete of utter boredom. I went too complex on the role and didn't feel like I was doing it justice. Ylynliun was supposed to be a brooding morbid carrionfeeder of a druid, but seeing as how I'm a therapist and I deal with people like that all day it's just personally draining to RP it that way and I ended up being this semi-happy-go-lucky thing that wasn't anywhere near role IMO.

Blidern (Guest)Fri 20-Jan-06 08:17 AM

#44890, "Powerranking buddy"
In response to Reply #0

Yeah, I think Blidern was the fastest ranking I have ever done in my life. Though, I don't think I neglected killing people either. Blidern however has also gone the way of the Dodo bird because like many other chars I don't really get into some roles. Also, when I started him Outlander didn't have quite the presence it does now, and I seemed to always wind up fighting someone who was my Anti... ie, Kasdenn. He knows a lot of preps, and the "only" problem with an Outlander warrior is the lack of them. Now, I'm not saying there aren't "free" preps out there, because there are, but its a heck of a lot easier when you can just go buy or barter for what you need in towns. The only time I had reduce was when I was given potions from people who I, or others killed. Oh well, such is life.

Anyway, enough about me...I liked Ylyn a lot, and I could see "some" of that morbidness coming out. I did find it funny how many wood-elf druids there were. I helped rank all three of you up! Anyway, we did have some fun.

later,
Aaron aka Minyar

Zevsa (Guest)Fri 20-Jan-06 05:27 AM

#44880, "That's a good thing"
In response to Reply #0

I tried many times to show do some gutsy moves. That time it was the full moon, I was like 'Oh hell, let's get the item quicky and run like hell. Or else, it's regear time. Not bad.' and never went well.

Although some people who try to taunt you saying you are a coward when a lone healer fighting a druid isn't the kind of fight I had against you even with regear though

Other than that, seemed like a cool char

Kharnik (Guest)Fri 20-Jan-06 04:47 AM

#44879, "Hahaha."
In response to Reply #0

Because I never had any money to buy potions and can't word
The rest: remind me after I'm dead.

A2Fri 20-Jan-06 03:07 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
371 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#44872, "RE: Ylynliun, the Hero Druid"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 20-Jan-06 03:07 AM

Uurakhi (Guest)Fri 20-Jan-06 01:29 AM

#44864, "Ah the avatar of the beginning of the end for me..."
In response to Reply #0

But seriously, I really enjoyed the roleplay after your kill on me.

Was looking forward to more, but the repeated drone of get killed, regear, reprep, die stupid mob death, have lowbie loot most of the stuff you just got, have lowbie talk junk, get killed and have girlfriend bitch...etc, well, I'll be back, just not soon.

Good luck with your next, if it's as solid as this I know it will be good.

Dinian (Guest)Thu 19-Jan-06 11:09 PM

#44857, "RE: Ylynliun, the Hero Druid"
In response to Reply #0

as a Fortie thief, we didn't interact much, but when we did...

We kept getting in each other's way =P

I blackjack arial a-p, you wake him up a second later while I'm stealing his stuff and about to gag him and tie him up.

You and your friend have the other guys in azuremain under siege, I run in and get lagged by briarthorns (along with taking out half my health) and I proceed to get summoned and trip/bashed to death while I was still fumbling for my teleportation potion. Heh.

Ah well, no hard feelings, good job, best of luck with your next char.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #44854 Previous topic | Next topic