Subject: "Deletion of Bwate, Jisjis and Yargus" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #40674
Show all folders

Arolin- (Guest)Sun 21-Aug-05 08:39 AM

#40674, "Deletion of Bwate, Jisjis and Yargus"

Okay, that's it for me (again!).

I came back for a bit of fun but the lack of player base during the off peak which happens to be on peak for .au is kind of annoying.

I guess to me CF has never been the same since Masters was taken down.

If there was a enemy on I was way too reckless with Bwate, he should have had much less deaths at low levels and also at 47. Ohwell, it would not have been fun for me if I was more less aggressive.

Wands really bugs me, the fact that all three of my mages had constant supply of a/b/s sounds great. Except the fact that I had to waste so much time getting them. My air shifter wasnt too bad since he could fly there and my conjurer had the raven. But getting wands with Bwate was seriously boring.

To the CF imms, thanks for letting me play, I am assuming you knew I was playing? I was thinking that guerric might have shut me down earlier on. Then it occurred to me that the player base is so small you dont really want to shut people down unless you have to.

I don't want to hear that you had just finished writing the vampire code and was just about to give me a quest, I never expected to vampire, I simply roleplayed for it because thats what necro's do. Hypothetically, if i could have traded any chance to become a vampire to be a level 51 human I would have I stil miss level 51 human necros

Scions,

Yagig, I should have slept you, I am allowed to say thank you for shields, I am allowed to say the word 'good'. Man I hate how people think evil should be roleplayed a certain way. You also gave me grief for asking you what you were doing on cb, even saying that the archmage does not want to hear our trivial matters. WTF dude.

Maztriel, Sorry to leave you pal. You go on and do what you want to do, forget about the scion imms wanting to stop people being friendly. There is nothing more powerful than evil cabal members that are friendly to each other. One might think this is coming from playing good aligns, however, if anyone knows me I only play evils with the odd gnome that usually gets turned evil anyway
There is no rule to say evil's must backstab each other. If you combine real team work with skilled players and the ability to kill anyone you wish you have a force to be feared.

Gondrak, Man i hate minotaurs, could never understand you, good char tho.

Dreaa, thanks for inducting me, I havent been inducted by an imm since guerric inducted kophur with a quest that would make a lichquest look tiny.

As for Jisjis, taking my wisdom away for attacking good aligns. I only want to say this one time. STOP ENFORCING MAINSTREAM ROLEPLAY DIRECTIONS. Show me the passage in the helpfiles where it says that neutrals cant consider themselves a third team against light and dark.

I intend to uninstall zmud, my fiance' does not like me spending so much time on the computer

I wonder what people will think to hear that the 'hated Arolin' was playing. Probably happy that I have now quit again.

It is funny looking at the time wastage when you delete 3 chars in a row, did I really spend all that time?? wow. not to mention the other 50 heros in the last 9 years. This game is soooo addictive.

Peace out.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Deletion of Bwate, Jisjis and Yargus, nepenthe, 23-Aug-05 09:21 AM, #18
Reply RE: Deletion of Bwate, Jisjis and Yargus, Arolin- (Guest), 24-Aug-05 03:16 AM, #19
Reply I was almost positive it had to be you., Arminas (Guest), 23-Aug-05 08:22 AM, #17
Reply RE: Deletion of Bwate, Jisjis and Yargus, Exitguest (Guest), 22-Aug-05 11:59 AM, #13
Reply Next time you do a character like Jisjis..., DurNominator, 22-Aug-05 12:38 AM, #9
Reply But but... then how would he kill Paladins?!?!, Scion (Guest), 22-Aug-05 01:43 AM, #10
Reply There is a simple answer for that, DurNominator, 22-Aug-05 03:35 AM, #11
     Reply He was being sarcastic and agreeing with you. heh. n/t, DC_Guest (Guest), 22-Aug-05 03:51 PM, #14
          Reply I know, DurNominator, 23-Aug-05 01:57 AM, #16
Reply It isn't exactly a rare role, Daurwyn (Guest), 22-Aug-05 03:36 AM, #12
Reply RE: Neutral Killers, Tharena, 24-Aug-05 08:03 AM, #20
     Reply RE: Neutral Killers, DurNominator, 24-Aug-05 01:12 PM, #21
          Reply Not defending Jisjis persay, but...., Laearrist, 24-Aug-05 01:32 PM, #22
               Reply Some good thoughts there., DurNominator, 24-Aug-05 02:25 PM, #23
Reply Sorry bro.., Yagig (Guest), 21-Aug-05 07:56 PM, #8
Reply Neutral bloodthirstyness, Lhydia, 21-Aug-05 11:29 AM, #2
Reply RE: Neutral bloodthirstyness, Arolin- (Guest), 21-Aug-05 05:18 PM, #5
Reply RE: Neutral bloodthirstyness, DC_Guest (Guest), 22-Aug-05 03:54 PM, #15
Reply RE: Neutral bloodthirstyness, Isildur, 21-Aug-05 06:52 PM, #6
     Reply Alls I's was saying, Lhydia, 21-Aug-05 07:54 PM, #7
Reply RE: Deletion of Bwate, Jisjis and Yargus, Koai (Guest), 21-Aug-05 09:16 AM, #1
     Reply Good one answer., Arrazzn (Guest), 21-Aug-05 01:01 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Good one answer., Arolin- (Guest), 21-Aug-05 05:14 PM, #4

nepentheTue 23-Aug-05 09:21 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40796, "RE: Deletion of Bwate, Jisjis and Yargus"
In response to Reply #0

>To the CF imms, thanks for letting me play, I am assuming you
>knew I was playing?

I was pretty sure Yargus and Jisjis were you. Bwate was a surprise to me.

I was favorably impressed with Bwate. Nice job there.

Arolin- (Guest)Wed 24-Aug-05 03:16 AM

#40830, "RE: Deletion of Bwate, Jisjis and Yargus"
In response to Reply #18

Yargus would have been on the par of Bwate if i got him in to scion, but he did not get in.
Primarily because I did not like the previous chancellor and have far too much ego to kiss his ass.

Jisjis was really just to find out which wands were still in the game.

I think all my characters had many interesting conversations. But the main difference was that Bwate wouldnt attack everyone he saw

Nepenthe, you didnt say anything about my chars desire to be a vampire, was it ever coded?

Arminas (Guest)Tue 23-Aug-05 08:22 AM

#40792, "I was almost positive it had to be you."
In response to Reply #0

Been a long time since you and I went toe to toe and I have to admit I enjoyed our few fights. All I can say is thank the gods for healing sleep. Necromancers have always been my bane and I got lucky VERY lucky that everytime you happened upon me I was in healing sleep or I would have easily been fodder for you. Well played necromancer, and from my perspective, you were less talk than those I dealt with in the past and more action. I'll miss our skirmishes.

Arminas

Exitguest (Guest)Mon 22-Aug-05 11:59 AM

#40724, "RE: Deletion of Bwate, Jisjis and Yargus"
In response to Reply #0

Funny stuff, man. Email, note, pray. But role? That's hilarious.

Role
Chapter 1

wisdom loss
Added Fri Jun 10 17:58:06 2005 at level 51:
Just because I dont have a role, does not mean I dont roleplay.
It simply means I wish to roleplay with mortals only.
If I was snooped more than just for 20 minutes the immortal
would have seen that I do have purpose in who I attack.
I can not see how a gnome attacking an elf maran in the name
of balance is bad roleplay. Why should gnomes sway to the light?
Isn't that bad roleplay for gnomes to sway to the light, they should
be balanced. Consquently it was unfair for one of your immortals
to reduce my wisdom by seven.

Thanks for the laugh.

-Exit

DurNominatorMon 22-Aug-05 12:38 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40711, "Next time you do a character like Jisjis..."
In response to Reply #0

Jisjis seemed to PK the random bystander(like my cloud Muug), just because he could. I'm okay with getting PK:ed, but neutrals aren't serial killers that kill everything that moves. So, next time you play a character like that, be evil. Because that's what Jisjis basically was. Neutral isn't the third team and isn't supposed to be a third extreme end to fight. A role like you had as Jisjis, believing that neutral is third team, is perfectly viable, but it is not a neutral role. It is a role for evil character who considers himself as neutral.

Scion (Guest)Mon 22-Aug-05 01:43 AM

#40713, "But but... then how would he kill Paladins?!?!"
In response to Reply #9

They'll be able to wrath him for god's sake. Can't have that!

DurNominatorMon 22-Aug-05 03:35 AM
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40716, "There is a simple answer for that"
In response to Reply #10

If you are not skilled enough to kill paladins as evil shapeshifter, leave them be. It's that simple.

DC_Guest (Guest)Mon 22-Aug-05 03:51 PM

#40746, "He was being sarcastic and agreeing with you. heh. n/t"
In response to Reply #11

n/t

DurNominatorTue 23-Aug-05 01:57 AM
2018 posts
#40784, "I know"
In response to Reply #14

But I haven't given up hopes for people being able to listen and improve their RP yet. Not even in the case of this Arolin fellow. People do grow up. That was the reason for ignoring(I have a tendency to deliberately ignore sarcasm and play along with the story at times, a bit too often, actually) the sarcasm and posting the reply, so that this Arolin fellow could listen to the advice and know that at least someone has hopes for him improving and being able to choose the most suitable alignment RP-wise.

Daurwyn (Guest)Mon 22-Aug-05 03:36 AM

#40717, "It isn't exactly a rare role"
In response to Reply #9

I could name other outlanders that have been neutral and given themselves a role that means kill everything non-outlander that you can. Apart from pre-induction, when it was ok to group with tribunals instead.

TharenaWed 24-Aug-05 08:03 AM
Member since 21st Aug 2005
80 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#40836, "RE: Neutral Killers"
In response to Reply #9

>I'm okay with getting PK:ed, but neutrals aren't serial killers that
>kill everything that moves. So, next time you play a character like
>that, be evil. Because that's what Jisjis basically was. Neutral
>isn't the third team and isn't supposed to be a third extreme end to
>fight. A role like you had as Jisjis, believing that neutral is third
>team, is perfectly viable, but it is not a neutral role. It is a role
>for evil character who considers himself as neutral.

Not that I (a) agree with killing random bystanders, or (b) *like* agreeing with Arolin. But.

Isn't being a third extreme kind of what Nexus (back in the day) was about? Not necessarily being extreme, but being a strong balancing force. "Today, there seems to be a prevalance of bad bad people around. Let's even the score." is viable enough for a neutral character with a *decent* rp background. As long as there's an active judgement to it, and a positively built role around it, along with a highly tuned sphere choice. Even killing at random is viable for a *developed* CN character. _Someone_ disabuse me of this notion if I'm wrong, _please_; because I can think of role/sphere/rp choices playable in this fashion - though probably only by "elite" rp'ers (and people who can pk, so yes that rules me out. )

Now, if it's just some jerk pkilling because he can, it's a different story. And I would agree with you wholeheartedly.

- Tharena -> I can't believe I'm possibly defending Arolin

DurNominatorWed 24-Aug-05 01:12 PM
2018 posts
#40845, "RE: Neutral Killers"
In response to Reply #20

>Now, if it's just some jerk pkilling because he can, it's a
>different story. And I would agree with you wholeheartedly.

Because I can was the reason Jisjis gave my cloud giant Muug after Muug asked the reason for killing him. The PBF shows that Jisjis killed goodies(5), evils(10) and neutrals(10) alike. Think of it what you will, but I considered him as evil.

LaearristWed 24-Aug-05 01:32 PM
289 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40847, "Not defending Jisjis persay, but...."
In response to Reply #21

From the mouth (fingers?) of Shokai

Neutral - The goal is the only thing of importance, how it's accomplished does not matter, but as a general rule...the path of least harm is prefered...but if a few people must die for the cause, so be it.

Let's say, hypothecially, my character's "goal" is to exterminate both good and evil for whatever reason(*). Isn't this a viable neutral role? I think so... In Jisjis's case, killing neutrals who weren't directly opposing his goal deviates from the path of least harm, but I don't think that, as a general rule, you can't play a seemingly bloodthirsty nuetral character.

If my goal was to prevent nuclear war IRL, and I consider religion to be the most likely source of such a war, would I be an evil man for attempting to abolish/destroy/disband all organized religion? Even if the penalty for organized religion was death, but the *goal* was preservation of the human race, is it evil? That's more of a philosophical question, but in CF where murder is rampant and acceptable even by the most pious, I'd say an anti-good, anti-evil character *should* be a perfectly viable role option.

Laearrist

p.s. Obviously this particular character was more about random killing than anything else, but that doesn't mean every gnome needs to be a near pacifist.

(*)For the sake of argument I consider them a dangerous force which will likely lead to the destruction of all Therans and Thera itself

DurNominatorWed 24-Aug-05 02:25 PM
2018 posts
#40850, "Some good thoughts there."
In response to Reply #22

>Neutral - The goal is the only thing of importance, how it's
>accomplished does not matter, but as a general rule...the path
>of least harm is prefered...but if a few people must die for
>the cause, so be it.

This is worded pretty well. I have no problem with bloodthirsty neutrals running around as long as they can justify their actions somehow and give a more or less sensible reason for the attack, not just kill for the sake of killing. Creatures as wise as gnomes should especially be able to give a good reason for their actions. Gnomes are wise. People should aim for acting wisely when they play their gnomes.

Yagig (Guest)Sun 21-Aug-05 07:56 PM

#40697, "Sorry bro.."
In response to Reply #0

Man, I hate I left a bad feeling about Yag as I thought nothing but highly Bwate. I thought that each person in the cabal should do all they could to help another who had some merit to them. I should never have to ask for sanc from a healer, slowing from a muter, a friendly cancellation, ect. This being the case I felt it was my duty to shield you since I thought you bore worth and to thank me ment ment you were not worth shielding.

The cabal channel thing was just me. I have always hated mundane conversation over CB unless it concerns all. If you want to ask me something do it directly via a tell. I feel odd you thinking him a prick as if anything I was getting feedback from most others saying I was a bit too nice to other evils.

In all I liked Bwate as you didn't have Rah's personality. I tried to help rank you when I could and I am pretty sure I held a few items for you for quite a time. I considered you well played and competant and was looking forward to having someone to summon people into quicksand. It's odd how someone I favored had such an ill opinion of me. I suppose that shows how little at times comes across in a text.
Regardless of how most feel about you I hate loosing a good player as long as you handled yourself as well as you did with Bwate.

Later Bro,
Bad Ivan

LhydiaSun 21-Aug-05 11:29 AM
2382 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#40677, "Neutral bloodthirstyness"
In response to Reply #0

As far as Jisjis goes, I'm glad you got some kind of negative side effects to being a pointlessly bloodthirsty killer. I think that that roleplay might have been okay if Nexus was still a cabal and you KNEW who was in power and when, as far as light and dark go. When I 'roleplayed' with you and asked why you were so bloodthirsty and attacking people outside of the fortress, you said 'because the light is in power', yet as soon as I ran somebody off, you would be attacking them. I think gnomes are neutral for a reason, because they don't care about light and dark, I mean..they're neutral. In my opinion being neutral means not caring either way about goodness or darkness, as a gnome you're more focused on your studies. You went out of the norm, you roleplayed a bloodthirsty killer, I think you roleplayed a great bloodthirsty killer, I think you roleplayed it well, and had a valid excuse to kill everyone by justifying it however you did, but I mean, expect consequences.

As far as Bwate goes, he scared me. =(

Arolin- (Guest)Sun 21-Aug-05 05:18 PM

#40691, "RE: Neutral bloodthirstyness"
In response to Reply #2

It is funny how so many people can only think in terms of cabal roleplay. I kill evil and goods and the only thing people can connect it to was Nexus. That is just said, I was not a nexite. Nexus wanted to keep balance, I wanted the complete destruction of light and dark. That is very different.
If i ever said that line to you it was probably because sometimes you need a reason to pick one or the other at that particular moment. But overall I killed both regardless of who was in strength.

DC_Guest (Guest)Mon 22-Aug-05 03:54 PM

#40748, "RE: Neutral bloodthirstyness"
In response to Reply #5

You killed 25 people in a couple hundred hours. Not exactly killing evils and goods, more just random and aimlessly attacking people. Complete destruction of light and dark is evil.

Heh. Its kinda funny when someone of your caliber rolles a 'PK char with sketchy RP' and still just fails miserably .

IsildurSun 21-Aug-05 06:52 PM
5969 posts
#40694, "RE: Neutral bloodthirstyness"
In response to Reply #2

Uhh...pot...kettle?

LhydiaSun 21-Aug-05 07:54 PM
2382 posts
#40696, "Alls I's was saying"
In response to Reply #6

Is that I didn't see in character or out of character a good reason for a neutral gnome to be going around killing everything that moves. Now that he's gone and he replied that he wanted everything un-neutral dead and I have more of an explanation then a stock nexus excuse, it makes sense.

And all my pointless bloodthirsty characters are evil gear whores, so there.

Koai (Guest)Sun 21-Aug-05 09:16 AM

#40675, "RE: Deletion of Bwate, Jisjis and Yargus"
In response to Reply #0

Sucks to have you leave...
but you usually kicked my ass so...
I know you have a little past with this mud..
but thats another story...

Arrazzn (Guest)Sun 21-Aug-05 01:01 PM

#40680, "Good one answer."
In response to Reply #1

A shame, but your air shifter was too predicable. Maybe its your first Air/off, but please, learn something from it.

It is a difference, neutral chars will never do a lot backstabs to gain more power/pk. You did, and fail.

Arolin- (Guest)Sun 21-Aug-05 05:14 PM

#40690, "RE: Good one answer."
In response to Reply #3

Am no, it was like my 3rd air shifter. I quit, I dont need to learn anything more.

Not being predictable was not a goal I was chasing.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #40674 Previous topic | Next topic