Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Alathin Dodranax the Grand Master o..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #34776
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 01-Feb-05 02:32 AM
Member since 16th May 2024
16853 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34776, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Alathin Dodranax the Grand Master of Artistry"

Tue Feb 1 01:29:28 2005

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Alathin perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:235

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I liked Alathin a lot, Drahke (Guest), 04-Feb-05 04:45 AM, #17
Reply Alathin, Arrazn (Guest), 03-Feb-05 07:51 AM, #16
Reply Doh!, Zakarius (Guest), 01-Feb-05 09:47 PM, #12
Reply Not Special?, Kastellyn, 01-Feb-05 12:45 PM, #5
Reply Now if we could just work on..., Glaurthran (Guest), 01-Feb-05 02:43 PM, #10
Reply Finally., Alathin (Guest), 01-Feb-05 11:22 AM, #3
Reply Heh, Iborenn (Guest), 01-Feb-05 11:38 AM, #4
Reply RE: Heh, Alathin (Guest), 01-Feb-05 01:17 PM, #6
     Reply Hrm, Iborenn (Guest), 01-Feb-05 01:23 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Hrm, Alathin (Guest), 01-Feb-05 02:06 PM, #9
Reply Bye!, DurNominator, 01-Feb-05 01:39 PM, #8
Reply RE: Finally., Akscereh (Guest), 01-Feb-05 05:25 PM, #11
Reply Thanks for the song., Bajula, 02-Feb-05 01:38 PM, #13
Reply What impressed me, Karrel (Guest), 02-Feb-05 02:33 PM, #14
     Reply I only thought Drahke was the sane Outlander ICly. Har ..., Alathin (Guest), 02-Feb-05 03:58 PM, #15
Reply Too bad..., Melacarfina (Guest), 01-Feb-05 08:36 AM, #2
Reply Oh man.., Kocet (Guest), 01-Feb-05 03:23 AM, #1

Drahke (Guest)Fri 04-Feb-05 04:45 AM

#34887, "I liked Alathin a lot"
In response to Reply #0

I seems you both read and even reponds to your thread after all. In that case I will merely point out that I enjoyed the times I ran with you. Both in the twenties a long time ago, and those groups near hero. I also wanted to thank you for the songs later. A bard is an amazing ally for a warrior.

I got the impression of a fleshed out human, not necessarily the same as the player, which is cool in my book. Keep up the good work.

Arrazn (Guest)Thu 03-Feb-05 07:51 AM

#34857, "Alathin"
In response to Reply #0

You were a good bard - trust me.
Bard in village - is a very hard work.
But you did it - alote of respect for this job.
Hope you will roll another and strike our enemies

Zakarius (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 09:47 PM

#34820, "Doh!"
In response to Reply #0

Always liked you. Zak did to, even though you were trying to kill him all the time.... I always liked the reaction he would get out of you when he would warn you of scions running around in an area he saw you near or if he destroyed a zombie of your corpse or something like that. Alathin came across as having alot of class. All in all the character had an impact on those around them from what I can see.

KastellynTue 01-Feb-05 12:45 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34792, "Not Special?"
In response to Reply #0

All Battle Bards are special, each in their own way. You published some things (which I have saved for my eventual Battle Library), fought well, inspired others and stuck through the hard times, which is all I ask of any Village Bard. You may not have been the most prolific of writers, or the most deathful of Villagers, but you lived up (at least in my view) to what being a Bard in Battle is all about. And you never disappointed me.

I'm glad you got to experience the cameraderie that exists within the Village. That's one of the main reasons I've stuck around as long as I have. I guess I am 'old school', but that's cool with me. As long as I'm around, I'll push to keep that family feeling in Battle. Good luck with your next!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Glaurthran (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 02:43 PM

#34803, "Now if we could just work on..."
In response to Reply #5

You stumbling around the village drunk more often, Like in Thror's history...heh.

But, Alathin, I thought you did a great job. I'm always impressed when people make battle bards, and you were know exception. A good, solid friend.

Well done,
Treebeard

Alathin (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 11:22 AM

#34788, "Finally."
In response to Reply #0

I have alot of things to say. Mostly about my opponents and mostly negative. I've chosen not to say very much or hold any discussions on this thread. Lariya's thread is a circus because of it. She's not even here and this one will likely be drummed out because of replies to that thread anyway.

Kastellyn, this was my first Villager. I want to give you a heartfelt thanks for inducting me and letting me try the cabal. There's an incredible camraderie that exists only in that cabal that does not and will not exist in any of the others, it's even for the most part completely died in Herald. And there's alot of the CF populace that has either forgotten that or will never understand it, it's incredible that it still exists despite the general treatment that they have to put up with from the rest of the playerbase. There was alot of times when I would die to a no-win situation thinking, 'I can't believe I'm putting myself through this because an old-school imm asked me not to delete.' I learned alot, didn't accomplish much, wasn't anything special. That's okay. I didn't expect to get that much done as my first Villager.

If you have something to say to me and want a reply, I'm not going to reply on this board. Feel free to contact me and say it to my face.

ICQ 136652587
AIM: Scrimbul

I'm out. That's all, folks.

Iborenn (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 11:38 AM

#34789, "Heh"
In response to Reply #3

Spunky works as a way to describe you.
You were trying to cause trouble for me long before I got leader =P
Heh, and I appreciated it! Hopefully you learned ALOT about bards and playing a rager as well as regearing a rager *I noticed the few times I did see you, you had gotten ALOT better at it*
I really didn't see to much of you after a certain point I assume its because as I've played my times have wandered around from earily morning to midday to afternoon to nighttime and all the way around again...
I would say I hope to see you again in the fields, but I suspect you've already rolled another char and have started hating on me already =D

Alathin (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 01:17 PM

#34797, "RE: Heh"
In response to Reply #4

I'm sorry. The 'cause trouble for me' comment flew completely over my head. I never hated you, I still think you're a good leader who I never would have had a chance against if we duelled, I just never felt the need to discount people's opinion of you, both in and out of the Village.

I would have liked to make it to the next Rites but at one point before I even got low con I got so drained as far as enthusiasm for the character went. But you were gunning for me as much as Kas, I got so many extra reccommendations. Heh. No, I never intentionally tried to cause trouble for you.

Iborenn (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 01:23 PM

#34798, "Hrm"
In response to Reply #6

I was almost certain that was you at low levels precommander period
I believe it involved that whole Krodren thing that when down?
You kept stirring Krodren up just when we'd get him settled down.
*I could be mistaken it has been a long while =P*
Heh, and no if you where gunning for me I certainly wouldn't be upset it livens the game up a bit.

Alathin (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 02:06 PM

#34800, "RE: Hrm"
In response to Reply #7

Wasn't me.

I forget who Krodren was.

DurNominatorTue 01-Feb-05 01:39 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34799, "Bye!"
In response to Reply #3

While Alathin and Agantas got off wrong foot with their interaction, I did see that you weren't an asshole, even though Agantas somewhat treated you like one to provoke you to duel him. Alathin had told other tribs to "send the filthy mage home", which hurt Agantas's fierce pride, so Agantas wanted to show Alathin that he was no coward and attacked Alathin on sight after that incident, except for the times you were raiding Scion or Scions were raiding Battle and you were defending.

After all, Acksereh had defeated Agantas in the sky with a help of a nightwalker and Agantas had nearly died after Restraal et al had attacked him in Galadon and Agantas was saved barely, despite the fact that he had shielded himself with magical barrier. So, he saw Scion as dishonorable scum. After all, their gank was a real gank of the group vs person kind of the way, unlike that of you and Bggarr vs Agantas (the one I posted in Dio's), which was simply him coming to help, even though Agantas implied that you had cried for help in order to provoke you and tell Bggarr not to assist next time.

Anyway, I think it would have been interesting to see if you can outdamage Agantas by spamming fire and ice instead of those failing malediction songs in that fight before you ran to Ruins of Ostalagiah. After all, All I got through that heavy dam redux of Battle bard was one EVISCERATE at round and I didn't have any dam redux preps when I fought you.

I agree with you on the Herald issue. All the OOC mocking of the Cabal and its members ruin fun from those who play Heralds and causes less people to roll Heralds. Knowing from experience, the when other Heralds aren't about, being Herald doesn't differ much from being uncaballed, as what I saw as the greatest asset of Herald was the camradery, everyone being of one great family and coming to Inn was like coming home after the long journey. It is rather annoying that if I mention my Herald, someone starts to talk about mudsexxoring, even though Fungor didn't mudsexxor at all, while he might have complimented the looks of two or three female arials. They mention it because a Herald is mentioned, even though Herald is not about mudsex.

Anyway, good luck with your next.

Fungor & Agantas

Akscereh (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 05:25 PM

#34810, "RE: Finally."
In response to Reply #3

Always thought you had class. All in all, impressed me for a battle bard

BajulaWed 02-Feb-05 01:38 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
#34831, "Thanks for the song."
In response to Reply #3

Too bad Drem was tone-deaf, but he liked you anyway.

Karrel (Guest)Wed 02-Feb-05 02:33 PM

#34832, "What impressed me"
In response to Reply #3

Was that even after all the Dralkoz stuff was sorta in the past, because he wasn't around as much. You made nice i na sense, but kept sticking to your guns about not aiding any of us. I think you did a good job of that, and you showed that you really did care about the comraderie of the village. Great Job.

From One "Old Schooler" to another, good luck with your next.
Minyar

Alathin (Guest)Wed 02-Feb-05 03:58 PM

#34834, "I only thought Drahke was the sane Outlander ICly. Har ..."
In response to Reply #14

Melacarfina (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 08:36 AM

#34783, "Too bad..."
In response to Reply #0

I loved it when you'd get upset with me and call me Woman that was great. I'd like to know if you were a scout or defender and how that worked out as a bard? See you in the fields.

Mela

Kocet (Guest)Tue 01-Feb-05 03:23 AM

#34777, "Oh man.."
In response to Reply #0

I liked you alot, I hope after Italk you had some hope. Thats the only way for a villager to go out. Good job, and good luck with the next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #34776 Previous topic | Next topic