Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Lora Sterling the Wretched Betrayer, A..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #34469
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 23-Jan-05 09:57 PM
Member since 19th May 2024
16858 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34469, "(DELETED) [None] Lora Sterling the Wretched Betrayer, Apostate of the Spire"

Sat Jan 22 22:19:08 2005

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Lora perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:221

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Didn't really think this character constituted a goodby..., Lora (Guest), 25-Jan-05 09:00 AM, #4
Reply Heh, Iborenn (Guest), 25-Jan-05 09:04 AM, #5
Reply RE: Didn't really think this character constituted a go..., Leg (Guest), 25-Jan-05 09:53 AM, #6
Reply I thought it was amusing..., Restraal (Guest), 25-Jan-05 11:27 AM, #7
Reply RE: Didn't really think this character constituted a go..., Meronir (Guest), 25-Jan-05 11:34 AM, #8
Reply Thanks, Lora (Guest), 25-Jan-05 12:11 PM, #9
Reply Nope, no bs., Tjok. (Guest), 25-Jan-05 12:46 PM, #10
Reply Yup, Onirakoth (Guest), 25-Jan-05 01:01 PM, #11
Reply Trying to be careful here..., Heas (Guest), 25-Jan-05 02:55 PM, #12
Reply You looked into it way too much, Heas, which is why, Lora (Guest), 25-Jan-05 04:04 PM, #13
Reply Okay..., Heas (Guest), 25-Jan-05 04:47 PM, #14
Reply This is comming from Heas, the king of trash talking (n..., Klendalstak (Guest), 26-Jan-05 02:59 AM, #18
Reply Lora Lora Lora, Calorwyn (Guest), 25-Jan-05 05:14 PM, #15
Reply So long..., Klendalstak (Guest), 26-Jan-05 02:56 AM, #17
Reply I remeber when there was a sitting still-situation near..., DurNominator, 26-Jan-05 11:57 AM, #19
Reply I remember that. Very good times!, Lora (Guest), 27-Jan-05 08:32 AM, #20
Reply RE: Hehe, Rual (Guest), 27-Jan-05 12:42 PM, #21
     Reply Surprising, Lora (Guest), 27-Jan-05 02:30 PM, #22
Reply No goodbyes? (n/t), Onirakoth (Guest), 24-Jan-05 08:38 PM, #3
Reply crazy mob beatings, velin (Guest), 24-Jan-05 06:43 PM, #2
Reply *sigh*, Melacarfina (Guest), 23-Jan-05 03:53 PM, #1
     Reply Yes!, Melacarfina (Guest), 25-Jan-05 05:20 PM, #16

Lora (Guest)Tue 25-Jan-05 09:00 AM

#34555, "Didn't really think this character constituted a goodby..."
In response to Reply #0

Everything with Lora was so sporadic. I talked to Grurk at I think level 27 or so. Told him that Lora felt some sort of connection with him, but didn't know why. She thought it had something to do with flekard. Then Grurk comes and says he destroyed flekard. So Lora said she would sacrafise 100 chaotic orcs in the name of her father. After that, I decided to join Tribunal. Didn't really make the character with the intention to join tribunal. I just figured I'd end up being a lone wolf--this was my first cloud giant. Well, I decided to go with the whole "vengeance, anger and justice" path after I went into Tribunal. Had some good moments for a while. Then got kicked out of Tribunal for fighting Rheiseth(you dirty dog you, lol). Lora apologised to Marmaanth for acting out-of-line. Got reinducted and kept Galadon as the protected city. So I didn't think they were too upset about the situation. Next thing I know, I am a Provincial magistrate. Wow, where did that come from? Here I thought I was doing a crummy job. Mostly because EVERYONE hates Tribunals, and always talks bad about them. So, I got sort of self-conscious about the whole thing(IC), and Lora started second guessing herself and her place in the Tribunal. But thanks to positive reinforcement from the other Tribunals, Lora kept on keeping on. Then Iborenn started talking heavy to Lora, saying she was a coward and this and that. Basically told Iborenn to come find out for himself. He did. He died. Marmaanth was pleased and Lora was promoted to Vindicator right afterwards. I logged a few Vindicator fights. About Vindicator's, they are extremely potent. I had gotten my share of wins. Most everyone in the Tribunal knew this, and Lora was always congradulated when a criminal was brought to "justice". Then one day, four Marans came and killed Lora on the streets of Galadon. Vindicator's cannot warrant anyone, and Lora was the only Tribunal around. Naturally, I, and Lora, were sort of like, gee, that was no good. So Lora sought out revenge. Everything was going well. Ended up getting a couple of them. Then I messed up and brought guards to the Fortress, thinking Maikra was going to be there--who was wanted at the time. Well, Maikra wasn't. So I ended up getting the boot for bringing guards to the Fortress with no criminals being there. Oops. Marmaanth said Lora was done. So, basically went on a rampage to "defy" Marmaanth, and show him what he had lost. Took down a couple tribunals, took the scales with Tjok. Then Melacarfina ended the "pain of anger". And that's all she wrote.

Melacarfina: A great friend. I hope to be able to contact you after Mela is finished with. Have a few questions of my own.

Onirakoth: I think a healer as a provost is a great idea. Plus, you're kind of an evil bastard! Lora kinda liked that. At first, I didn't think you liked Lora. Tried asking for some help with some things a couple times, only to be rejected. But later on, the two just sort of grew together.

Klendalstak: Those big shoes? Yeah, those were never filled. Sorry. Wish I could have seen the dance Melacarfina was so amped about. Maybe you have some logs???

Karatija(sp?): Lora liked you a lot. You had a great sense of duty, which Lora stressed a lot. A lot of courage in you too. I hope your specializations work out for you in the long run. You are going to make it places.

Vargblot: Cocky son-of-a-b****. Didn't know you at all really. From what I saw, I didn't like. I don't know why either. A bad first impression I think.

Calorwyn: Hey, if you keep on strong, and continue to log in the hours and whatnot that you do, I would not be surprised if you get something out of it. While you seemed to have a holierthanthou attitude towards Lora a little bit, I think it was sort of expected. Especially coming from an elf. Personally, I think most elves would think they are better than anyone else. You know, being the most intelligent races on the face of Thera. Most of them live to almost a centuary or longer. I think you have some good roleplay, if my opinions amounts to anything.

Others:
Tjok: Tough as nails. Always got me at the worst times possible. But I couldn't complain, not even a little bit. The times you got me, I just though, how more perfect could it have gone for him? Clever too. We had a couple decent "talks" so to speak. Glad I gave myself the opportunity to fight next to you, even if just once. To be honest, I thought you were just bs'ing when you said some of the things you did towards the end there(after we raided the Tribunal). Maybe I could have kept going, I dont know.

Iborenn: I remember offering to fight you once outside of Hamsah. You gave Lora a solid beating(or wrathing?). Yes, vulnerabilities will always be exploited. But then you came and started a ruckus in Galadon, and I had killed you there. We exchanged a few words afterwards, and gave you the majority of your armor back. I wasn't sure if you despised Lora for beating you the way it happened. Or if you had gained at least a shred of respect for Lora. I know I pissed off all sorts of battle ragers. And you heard a lot about it(from what you said). Most of them were about their deaths I'd imagine, since most of them were criminals. So I figured you had to do what a leader had to do. Then fell in the process. Great courage, and great fun. I hope you enjoyed it also.

Restraal: You sore thumb you. Lora did NOT have the legacies or specializations to take down a healer. Fend one off? Sure. But kill one? No way. You were a real pain in the butt. Hope you continue and enjoy being a pain in the Tribunal's butt. With the knowledge of the game you have, I don't think that will be much problem at all. Good luck as advisor.

This is sort of getting longer than I anticipated. So, I'll cut it short now by saying if anyone has any thoughts(good or bad...mostly bad I'd assume), please reply. Or if I forgot you, which I am sure I did(blames bad short term memory), please just write something and I'll write something back.

Lora

Iborenn (Guest)Tue 25-Jan-05 09:04 AM

#34556, "Heh"
In response to Reply #4

I love causing a ruckus what can I say?
I don't mind loosing gear it comes it goes and it comes again, I was mainly upset cause I was stupid enough to think I could take a fully spelled up cloud sword spec with Mithril swords =P
I didn't get much positive RP from Lora but eh, you seemed to be doing well enough.

Leg (Guest)Tue 25-Jan-05 09:53 AM

#34557, "RE: Didn't really think this character constituted a go..."
In response to Reply #4

Never liked Lora...thought you were quite slow in securing the fetish, aiding tribbies who were attacked, etc. And that you somehow got vindicator suprised me greatly. Never once saw you trying against odds when i was a criminal...did not ever see you hunt me when my char had a war with the Spire. From the decent sets you have in your logs..you are clearly no newbie, so i thought it was very weak. Perhaps it was in charachter...what do i know.
Good luck with the next.

Restraal (Guest)Tue 25-Jan-05 11:27 AM

#34560, "I thought it was amusing..."
In response to Reply #4

That an admittedly thick-headed cloud giant would try to wrap her brain around an enemy's motivations. Yet, I always got a distinct feeling that you were trying to do just that in an rp'd manner. You, like Klendalstak, had a knack for showing up at exactly the wrong time. It annoyed me so much that I went to lengths to conduct faux-raids on various cabals because I knew you would show up. But even then, you managed to slip out pretty much each time (except for maybe once?). I may have been your sore thumb, but I assure you, you were also mine.

Good luck, and sorry it turned out this way.

Resty

Meronir (Guest)Tue 25-Jan-05 11:34 AM

#34563, "RE: Didn't really think this character constituted a go..."
In response to Reply #4

Lora always seemed to get plenty of negative attention, which would puzzle me to be honest. Your roleplay was enjoyable and to the point, regardless of what sort of IC consequences it would bring you, and you were also one impressive and competent warrior from what I saw. Everything I'd expect from a titled hero cloud giant really.

I basically wanted to say that I enjoyed running around with Lora when chance would permit it, be it ranking or exploring. Especially our little underwater trip along with Melacarfina is something that still stands out to me.

In my opinion she was a worthwhile character. Hope you enjoyed her as well.

Lora (Guest)Tue 25-Jan-05 12:11 PM

#34565, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #8

I liked Meronir. Even if I couldn't figure you out...at all. The only thing I could even figure out was the fact you liked to explore, in its many forms. Not a stranger to Lora, but also not quite a friend persay. I remember trying to get a couple favors from you, but you declined in the beginning--for whatever reason, I don't think it was because you disliked Lora, just that you were busy. But then I think I remember helping you out, and giving you some things--for nothing in return. I think you appreciated that, and from then on, we seemed to be on par with eachother. There were things I wanted to explore, and things you wanted to explore. Good thing we both realised this. Transmuters and warriors make for a strong combination, always. While *I* the player know this, Lora would try to make friends anywhere. Thanks for the adventures. Hope to see Meronir around, continuing to do good things.

Tjok. (Guest)Tue 25-Jan-05 12:46 PM

#34567, "Nope, no bs."
In response to Reply #4

>Others:
>Tjok: . . . To be honest, I thought
>you were just bs'ing when you said some of the things you did
>towards the end there(after we raided the Tribunal). Maybe I
>could have kept going, I dont know.
>

Nope, no bs'ing. I spent a good 45 minutes listening to Lora's motivations and background when we talked that one night, and it could as easily shifted into an Outlander perspective as a Tribunal. Sure, it would have taken ~100 real-life hours to roleplay that kind of shift out, but it might have been a fun ~100 hours being a real lone wolf, I dunno. The IMM that I think you'd have your most mileage with, though, is dealing with the aftermath of those repeated hurricane slams into Florida (last I heard). Anyway, I saw it as an opportunity, but you would have been the one to work through it, not me

Onirakoth (Guest)Tue 25-Jan-05 01:01 PM

#34568, "Yup"
In response to Reply #4

You got it right, at first I absolutely hated you, but as you said, you grew on me and I came to really appriciate your rp. It was solid. I could tell you had reservations about getting Vindicator (even though I wrote a note to the tribby imms suggesting you get it) and I think the hardest thing about playing an evil healer is trying to encourage someone like I tried to you. I think you did a hell of a job and you certainly were a beast when it came to fighting. Well done. Just sorry that it ended the way it did, but hey, it kinda seemed fitting with how angry Lora always was.

-O-

Heas (Guest)Tue 25-Jan-05 02:55 PM

#34574, "Trying to be careful here..."
In response to Reply #4

I bear you no ill will whatsoever, and I truly am trying to be constructive with my comments here. Please do not take what I say personally.

Lora was the type of character that gets on my nerves recently. Always doing a lot of sheettalking and generally being an A$s. While there is nothing inherantly wrong with this type of RP, this type of RP is being used by an alarming number of characters. I don't like this new, "I'm an asshole, deal with it" attitude that seems to have found its way into CF both in and out of the game.

You say you were "ganged by four Maran on the streets of Galadon" and leave it at that when there was a lot more to it, and you know that. First of all there were three (not four) of us, me, Rual and Khavorik. We had been fighting a superior imperial force for a couple hours trying to retrieve, and Wungar was wanted. You sat with the Imperials waiting for us to try to raid. It wasn't like you just happened a long, you deliberatly grouped up with Empire and were instrumental in preventing us from taking back our orb. Then once some of us managed the retrieval you came to the Fortress to raid with Empire, and not only aided in taking down the outer, stepped past the tara'bal presumably in search of Wungar who was clearly not in the Fort. Honestly I don't even think he was a criminal any longer, but since I can't back that up I won't get into it. Its also worth mentioning that you weren't just attacking Wungar, but were fighting other Maran as well.

I made the decision to kill you because 1) you had violated our cabal, 2) impeded us from getting the orb, 3) attacked fortress members with our enemies and, 4) were smug and uncaring about it. Maran don't take joy in killing, and we very closely consider our actions when we fight graywalkers - but that doesn't give a cloud giant free riegn to abuse us. I was not going to do the same with you, when you were acting far worse. So we killed you, and you know what, there was one less person to retrieve against.

That addresses the facts of your character, and while I have my own personal opinions as to how I think you conducted yourself I'll leave that out. I'd urge you to remember that CF is a game, and we play as much for our own fun as to give fun to others.

Sincerely... "Heas"

Lora (Guest)Tue 25-Jan-05 04:04 PM

#34578, "You looked into it way too much, Heas, which is why"
In response to Reply #12

I took such great pleasure and calculation in finding you and Alastair where you were. I remained IC about the whole thing. I didn't care if I got ganged. That means -nothing- to me. Apparently getting ganged and losing equipment means a lot to you, based on what I just read. I think some of these things you wrote apply to yourself, and not the misguided idea of the current CF you have in your head.

Lora was genuinly pissed about dieing in Galadon, and being able to do nothing about it but hunt you down. Lora was a Magistrate nearly all her life. And if something like that had happened, she would have delt with it be just warranting all of you, hoping you might learn a lesson. But Lora was a VINDICATOR. It is her duty to figure out ways to bring criminals(like Wungar) to justice. It wasn't just the Fortress I went after in cabals. But I think you had this distorted thought that I just went after you. Frankly, the Marans in Lora's eyes were seeming like a whole wild bunch. That hadn't been the case before all four leadership positions were filled. Marans kept to themselves mostly, and usually didn't break the law. Also, if you haven't played a vindicator before, then you obviously don't know what they are capable of doing. I had absolutely zero care because the fortress was harboring criminals. Do you know how much Lora hated criminals? No? Alright then. They were the devil. <--- And I believe I quoted that to someone. Heas, honestly, I think it was YOU who had ooc thoughts about Lora. Still, I think the marans are a "wild pack of dogs".

If this clarifies nothing, oh well. I'm leaving it at this, because your reply was very irrational imho.

Heas (Guest)Tue 25-Jan-05 04:47 PM

#34580, "Okay..."
In response to Reply #13

You ambushed a weak, unprepared Heas and a paladin with no weapon. You killed us both, if you count my death to the bleeding. You didn't loot my corpse because it was locked away.

Do I havenon-factual opinions about Lora? Yup. Did I share them? No. I addressed things that actually occured so that you wouldn't spread misinformation around.

Do I know what a vindicator can and can't do? As well as anyone, believe me. Its not that you stepped out of your bounds as a tribunal (which you inarguably did because you were booted)that I killed you. It was for specific acts against my cabal.

As I tried to make it perfectly clear, I'm not trying to insult you personally or anything. I'm trying to explain the situation in calm, rational way, and I hoped you could do the same.

Klendalstak (Guest)Wed 26-Jan-05 02:59 AM

#34620, "This is comming from Heas, the king of trash talking (n..."
In response to Reply #12

nt

Calorwyn (Guest)Tue 25-Jan-05 05:14 PM

#34582, "Lora Lora Lora"
In response to Reply #4

Very well done. And Thanks for the compliment sorry things
turned out the way they did. I'll post more about why
I am the way I am when I delete. But good job truely.

Klendalstak (Guest)Wed 26-Jan-05 02:56 AM

#34619, "So long..."
In response to Reply #4

Toughest part about being Vindy is not screwing up. Perhaps Marmaanth told you when you were promoted to Vindy, "You are either Vindicator or out of the Spire for good." And he means that. It is the way it has to be. Good job while it lasted. I wish you would have not gone so buck wild at the end there. Really gives you a horrible title for the Spire to remember you by. Heh. Oh well. Long live your anger. By the way, Klendalstak was very happy that you finally shook his hand in our Vindy hall that one day after never letting him even put a hand on your shoulder. Made him feel like he had finally gotten through to the true Mrs. Sterling. Heh. Anyway, nice char, shame it ended in a blaze of anger, but that's how Sir Grurk likes it I imagine.

DurNominatorWed 26-Jan-05 11:57 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#34636, "I remeber when there was a sitting still-situation near..."
In response to Reply #4

Where Me, Melacarfina and you were trying to lure Varun and that A-something villager bard(that Hero bard who was others and liked to fight with help, Alathin or something like that) more than one step away from the Village entrance. Agantas charged in berserk after the bard had insulted him, ending up biting Varun, who pulled him to Massive Giant. Anyway, Lora was the one who said that if the Villagers will not dare to step out and fight, Lora will destroy the whole Village. With these words, she attacked the massive giant and Tribs broke into Village to bring Varun to Justice. Klendalstak joined the group later, and the Villagers were killed(I was not part in this, as Varun killed Agantas at the giant, a neat trick, I must say).

Well RP:ed anger with Lora. Good luck with your next.

Agantas

Lora (Guest)Thu 27-Jan-05 08:32 AM

#34665, "I remember that. Very good times!"
In response to Reply #19

As Vindicator, I always despised how people would hide behind their cabal guardian, and call Lora names. About 90% of the time I would just barge into their cabal and end up getting what I came for. It made for a lot of excitement, thats for certain. What I didn't like was that Magistrates could not "check in for duty" after raiding a non-warring cabal. But that's alright. That all changed when Lora became Vindicator.

Thanks for remembering that! I almost forgot.

Rual (Guest)Thu 27-Jan-05 12:42 PM

#34668, "RE: Hehe"
In response to Reply #4

Well, in character I hate you sooo much and that ganging of you in Galadon was just fine. But ooc I liked your style of playing, liked how much you pissed so many people off (this always makes me smiling) being actualy right about hunting criminals in the way you did. Good character and good luck with whoever comes next.

Lora (Guest)Thu 27-Jan-05 02:30 PM

#34671, "Surprising"
In response to Reply #21

Didn't expect this from you. It's easy to make people mad around here! lol. Thanks, and good luck to you also.

Onirakoth (Guest)Mon 24-Jan-05 08:38 PM

#34532, "No goodbyes? (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

velin (Guest)Mon 24-Jan-05 06:43 PM

#34529, "crazy mob beatings"
In response to Reply #0

man you were kinds scarry just sittin around not sayin a word about nothin,and then when it came to fights ouch really ouch. Its a shame i was looking forward to more crazy mob beatings.getting stuff was really easy with you helping.

Melacarfina (Guest)Sun 23-Jan-05 03:53 PM

#34491, "*sigh*"
In response to Reply #0

Melas best friend gone. I wish you hadn't deleted. You were so much fun to run around with. Thanks for everything. You taught me a lot of things about the game. I'd like to exchange e-mails or something if you want to post yours. I'd rather not until Mela is gone. I'll probably say more when I kicked to bucket. As I've already written most of my good byes.. lol.

Mela

Good luck with your next.

Melacarfina (Guest)Tue 25-Jan-05 05:20 PM

#34583, "Yes!"
In response to Reply #1

Or should I say my normal IC OH! when i want something... but yes you may contact me. I know you don't already know me... cause it's way too obvious for people that already do... so when I'm gone I'll leave an e-mail.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #34469 Previous topic | Next topic