Subject: "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Norkibjorden the Student of the ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #33646
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 29-Dec-04 08:44 PM
Member since 15th May 2024
16851 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33646, "(CON LOSS) [OUTLANDER] Norkibjorden the Student of the Macalla"

Wed Dec 29 19:43:51 2004

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Norkibjorden perished, never to return.

Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:132

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Frecking hell, Nardyka (Guest), 03-Jan-05 02:00 PM, #21
Reply RE: Frecking hell, Norkie (Guest), 04-Jan-05 03:51 PM, #22
Reply You were so cute..., Melacarfina (Guest), 31-Dec-04 07:17 PM, #17
Reply RE: You were so cute..., Norkie (Guest), 01-Jan-05 02:51 PM, #18
Reply Norkie!, Norkibjorden (Guest), 29-Dec-04 09:18 PM, #1
     Reply AIM, Norkie (Guest), 29-Dec-04 09:21 PM, #2
     Reply Its not that your PK skill wasn't at least average..., Jaeiin (Guest), 29-Dec-04 10:23 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Its not that your PK skill wasn't at least average...., Norkie (Guest), 29-Dec-04 10:33 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Norkie!, Dralgarth (Guest), 30-Dec-04 01:11 AM, #5
     Reply It was YOU!, Norkie (Guest), 30-Dec-04 04:22 AM, #7
     Reply Fun char! Thanks for the laughs. Good luck with your ne..., Drahke (Guest), 30-Dec-04 03:55 AM, #6
     Reply Drahke!, Norkie (Guest), 30-Dec-04 04:24 AM, #8
     Reply Liked Norkie a lot, Karrel (Guest), 30-Dec-04 08:01 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Liked Norkie a lot, Norkie (Guest), 30-Dec-04 02:31 PM, #12
     Reply Big Bear!, Aesrira (Guest), 30-Dec-04 09:10 AM, #10
     Reply Shifter thing!, Norkie (Guest), 30-Dec-04 02:36 PM, #13
     Reply This make me sad in pants., Karashin (Guest), 30-Dec-04 10:41 AM, #11
     Reply RE: This make me sad in pants., Norkie (Guest), 30-Dec-04 08:20 PM, #14
     Reply Woo!, Yisoras (Guest), 30-Dec-04 08:37 PM, #15
     Reply Norkie drunk! Woo!, Norkie (Guest), 31-Dec-04 03:42 AM, #16
     Reply Hmph, Iborenn (Guest), 03-Jan-05 11:42 AM, #19
     Reply "Fights Unseens? Norkie scared of.", Norkie (Guest), 03-Jan-05 01:52 PM, #20
     Reply Don't know who your other characters were, Tjok. (Guest), 06-Jan-05 07:10 PM, #23
          Reply Tjok!, Norkie (Guest), 07-Jan-05 04:11 AM, #24

Nardyka (Guest)Mon 03-Jan-05 02:00 PM

#33782, "Frecking hell"
In response to Reply #0

I wish I had time to play as often. I had alot of fun playing with you, group and such. I dont have much time, tooooooo much work. I am letting all my other chars auto-delete cause I cant get to them. Anyways, you were awesome. I had alot of fun kill those duergars with you.

later

Norkie (Guest)Tue 04-Jan-05 03:51 PM

#33826, "RE: Frecking hell"
In response to Reply #21

I wish you would have kept pace with me ranking wise. I think we would have made a fun pair. Good luck with Nardyka! I liked our early grouping together.

Melacarfina (Guest)Fri 31-Dec-04 07:17 PM

#33734, "You were so cute..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm seriously sad I made a trib and not an Outlander at times. I'm definatly into rp and it just seems it would be a lot of fun. There's so many Outlanders that seem fun. Good luck with your next.

Norkie (Guest)Sat 01-Jan-05 02:51 PM

#33750, "RE: You were so cute..."
In response to Reply #17

I felt so bad for bashing you so many times. I think you were the one character I could PK regularly. But then, you did get me a few times with fiend. I liked Mel as a character, but Norkie hated all tribs and constantly went to the Spire just to shout in a good "Norkie!" whether or not he was actually taking the Scales. It was fun.

Norkibjorden (Guest)Wed 29-Dec-04 09:18 PM

#33647, "Norkie!"
In response to Reply #0

Doh! My last death was really dumb. I stepped a step too far up after having died to Meorian at the Executioner. My plan was to taunt with a good solid "Norkie!"

So, yeah... Norkie was a fun releasing of frustration after having been Krystia for so long. It was the first time I've ever been able to do Unspeakables. But... I died. A lot. He was very fearless and gung-ho, selfish but self-sacraficing, childlike, dumb, innocent, funny-looking, and a bunch of other things I tried to put into the character. The role failed somewhat because I really wanted him to be a death follower of Amaranthe, but never got around to praying when I should have. Mostly, I just ran around, smashed things, poked things, died, and tried to keep in good spirits about it all. Consequently, I am a horrible PKer (I've been pointed out to that this is common with the girls who play CF), so I tried to put what I couldn't accomplish on the "so mean, you'll wet your pants" side into the roleplay aspect. Also, the entire time I played, I don't think I ever said my full name once. It was "Norkie!" from the git-go.

A few goodbyes:

Outlanders:

Tjok - This is the third character I've hunted with you with. I still absolutely love Tjok. I had fun smashing things with you this time around. Its nice to be able to contribute damage-wise.

Jaeiin - Songer! I think I got to interact with you more than any other Outlander with Norkie. We had a lot of fun. I enjoyed improvving a great bit. Everything from "What be grass juice?" to "One time, Norkie like this giantess sow..." to "Give Norkie hug!", all the while, wiggling his ears like a mad fool. I had a lot of fun with our interactions. I think I also made a better drunk than you did : )

Yisoras - Bird! It was usually myself, you, and Jaeiin all together learning on the mount. We had a blast! I loved roleplaying more favor to you than Jaeiin. Gave me an excuse to pick on him more.

Karrel - I tried to be likeable, but I don't know if you were ever entertained. You have good roleplay and play the Outlander loner quite well. I hope you weren't too bothered by Norkie's antics. He can grate on the nerves sometimes.

Farniby - We had a few fun times in Organia. Then I shot past you in rank, and then you shot past me. Its nice to have a transmuter in Outlanders.

Cathoria - We got to hunt together a few times. It was fun. You're a beast and when Norkie got up to your ranks, it was fun traveling with you and getting to watch you work.

Other Outlanders - There were plenty of others I got to interact with. I always have fun in Outlanders. If you'd like to say goodbye, feel free and I'll post back.

Enemies -

I made lots of enemies just because I liked to stick to the Outlander philosophy. Lots of people killed me, and I didn't do so well PKing on my own. I know, I know. So, yeah. I traveled in groups a lot and ganked others sometimes two or three on one. I still would face people alone when it was convenient for me, but usually I'd be sent running. For my enemies, if you post a goodbye, I'll respond.

Immortals -

I don't know if anyone was watching, but I tried to always be "on" with the roleplaying. I hope it was enjoyable to watch.

Norkie (Guest)Wed 29-Dec-04 09:21 PM

#33648, "AIM"
In response to Reply #1

My AIM name is The Tao of Jane. Feel free to message me, and I don't mind discussing game semantics so long as its not along the lines of cheating, trying to buddy group, or hitting on me. Lots of love to everyone in CF!

Jaeiin (Guest)Wed 29-Dec-04 10:23 PM

#33652, "Its not that your PK skill wasn't at least average..."
In response to Reply #1

It was, its the fact you played a brute, heavy-handed giant like a berserker with none of the perks

Great job, I really enjoy finding people who RP brilliantly and stick to them like glue. Sad you did die so often, I'd considered praying to Shazirah for your Spirit but I guess I was too slow on the uptake. When you said your life was dwindling (however you put it in that lovable 'Norkie!' speak) I thought I'd have a bit more time than a day!

If you can stay alive, and keep Rping like that, you'll learn to PK better over time. It never really mattered because as long as you were there, dying could never matter. You really succeeded with the 'I died, *wiggle ears*... and keep rolling. Its not only admirable but its actually rarer than most realise.

I think you complimented a fun-loving, crazy chaotic bard quite well. Thanks for all the good times. Glad you kept on truckin' to the end, because I think there is no shame in con-death as long as the ride was awesome. *waggles his finger at Yisoras*

See you in the fields, as they say. If you want my advice, play a shaman next. You can put your great RP to a religion as a zealot and the Pk ability will build up slowly over time as you learn how their powers cripple.

Jaeiin Ismaere, rhyming wizard with the spirit of a child!
(and talent of... *snicker*)

Norkie (Guest)Wed 29-Dec-04 10:33 PM

#33653, "RE: Its not that your PK skill wasn't at least average...."
In response to Reply #3

Some of the best times we had was when Norkie had a little too much "grass juice" to drink. Jaeiin was a lot of fun to be around. It was fun having Norkie try to convince you he was the better songer. I hope you stay with Outlanders for a good while. They need a good bard.

Jane
A.K.A. Norkie!

P.S. I love the English language and proper uses thereof. Am BIG time grammar queen , so it was fun coming up with ways to butcher the language in whatever way possible. Jaeiin did a lot to inspire new words, such as "songer", "strongerest", so on and so forth. Thanks for the inspiration.

Dralgarth (Guest)Thu 30-Dec-04 01:11 AM

#33660, "RE: Norkie!"
In response to Reply #1

Enjoyed scrying you with clairaudience. Was kinda funny hearing all your comments and all that. Well role-played.

Norkie (Guest)Thu 30-Dec-04 04:22 AM

#33663, "It was YOU!"
In response to Reply #5

I was wondering who was watching! I've never played a conjurer, so I'm not familiar with the spell. Love an audience!

Drahke (Guest)Thu 30-Dec-04 03:55 AM

#33662, "Fun char! Thanks for the laughs. Good luck with your ne..."
In response to Reply #1

t

Norkie (Guest)Thu 30-Dec-04 04:24 AM

#33664, "Drahke!"
In response to Reply #6

When Drahke was around, we usually ended up going to try to raid (usually unsuccessfully). It was fun, nonetheless. Keep with it. We need a Nightreaver and you're the only evil character about right now, I think.

Karrel (Guest)Thu 30-Dec-04 08:01 AM

#33666, "Liked Norkie a lot"
In response to Reply #1

Yeah, Karrel is kinda hard to tell if he likes you or not, but that is just the way I want it to be. I think there is probably only one Outlander who really knows he is Karrel's friend, but I guess we will see if thats true when it happens. Anyway, I think you did a good job, a little crazy sometimes (ie the con loss) but still fun to be around.

NORKIE!

Great Job,
Karrel

Norkie (Guest)Thu 30-Dec-04 02:31 PM

#33687, "RE: Liked Norkie a lot"
In response to Reply #9

I always liked seeing you pass through an area while I shouted "Norkie!". It was intentional not to really surprise anyone. He had the stealth abilities of mayonaise. I kept thinking to myself "He's just going to turn around and thwap me good one day." Anyway, I loved Karrel a lot.

Aesrira (Guest)Thu 30-Dec-04 09:10 AM

#33668, "Big Bear!"
In response to Reply #1

Saved you from drowning in that pool, cost you a few more deaths I'm sure, and not even a goodbye?!

Just kidding, and in all seriousness, I liked your character. You were one of the wackiest hunters around. I especially liked that picture you sent when you were trapped in Organia.

Although, I must say you gave Aesrira fits with all the dying. Where all she wants is to teach and nurture, you were one Hunting/Dying Machine! Still you always took it with grace and a smile and that is indeed both rare and a pleasure to see.

Good luck with your next! It truly was a pleasure.

Aesrira

Norkie (Guest)Thu 30-Dec-04 02:36 PM

#33688, "Shifter thing!"
In response to Reply #10

Actually, I remembered you right after I hit the post button. I was like "Doh! I forgot Aesrira..." I really liked Aesrira for your ability to hunt any dragon. You were also really fun to be around. "Norkie! Did you die again?!" "Norkie!" I never really said creative names for anyone I didn't like. "Shifter thing" was generic and I wanted you to feel like you meant more than that. So I started trying to say Aesrira, against Norkie's better judgement and speech impediment.

Karashin (Guest)Thu 30-Dec-04 10:41 AM

#33671, "This make me sad in pants."
In response to Reply #1

I miss Norkie already. Anyway, it was great fun fighting you, and it was expected, but still fun. I was really hoping you would be getting to 51 and staying for one last duel...perhaps when I loss my con, we shall try again! HAR!! Great character. See you in the fields. NORKIE!

Norkie (Guest)Thu 30-Dec-04 08:20 PM

#33698, "RE: This make me sad in pants."
In response to Reply #11

You were the one enemy I had true respect for and went out of my way to try to fight you one on one. Of course, defenders with daggers makes for true nastiness. I can't imagine a mage being able to stand long against it. Even when I had a pair of wrathing scepters, I still couldn't do very well against you. Oh well. You were quite strong and practiced. I was just Norkie.

Yisoras (Guest)Thu 30-Dec-04 08:37 PM

#33699, "Woo!"
In response to Reply #1

Hahaha, I don't think I have ever seen someone have a nickname stick as well as yours. Even our enemies, knew it and called you Norkie. Man, awesome fun, and awesome rp. I really liked our character's connections. Too bad we didn't bust a few more heads together. And, incase Jaeiin reads this, I was no where near a con death. But, that doesn't matter. Super super well done.

Norkie (Guest)Fri 31-Dec-04 03:42 AM

#33717, "Norkie drunk! Woo!"
In response to Reply #15

Ack! stupid thing. I posted a great goodbye and it got rejected and I didn't copy it before sending. We had some great times on the Mount with all the drinking and bone-deads and songer and tricking.. good times indeed. Good luck with your next one too!

Iborenn (Guest)Mon 03-Jan-05 11:42 AM

#33778, "Hmph"
In response to Reply #1

Alright then thats how it is, is it?
I enjoyed our limited interactions you could get me to laugh even when someone was raiding I believe I even spit coke out of my nose one time...
*chuckle* I heard about your corpse littering issue and wondered how long untill I saw you up here.
Hope to see you again in the fields?

Norkie (Guest)Mon 03-Jan-05 01:52 PM

#33781, ""Fights Unseens? Norkie scared of.""
In response to Reply #19

"Norkie have 'spect for." He knew the villagers were strong and was envious of them, but as strong as Norkie thought he was, he wasn't a hater of magic. I liked interacting with Iborenn and hoped that we could duel one day. Ah well. You're a good village leader from what I hear.

I'm in the fields already, silly. CF can't keep me at bay with a mere con death. Muhahahaha!

Tjok. (Guest)Thu 06-Jan-05 07:10 PM

#33890, "Don't know who your other characters were"
In response to Reply #1

But I really liked Norkie a lot. You made it real easy for me to learn a key "ingredient" I should look for in people to Induct - mainly, someone that would be really great to have around. I'm sorry I wasn't around to see the ending moments the last week or so, but .. well, actually I'm not truly sorry because I was enjoying 85-degree weather in Hawaii - but that being said it would have been fun to run around more. Anyway, I hope you keep playing CF and keep having as much fun as you seem to.

Norkie (Guest)Fri 07-Jan-05 04:11 AM

#33905, "Tjok!"
In response to Reply #23

I had so much more fun with Norkie than I did with Krystia. Perhaps if I played Krystia in the way I played Norkie, she might have been able to last longer. Though, Norkie burned con really quicky. Again, I had a great time with you Tjok. Its always interesting interacting with you with different characters and seeing how you take each one on a case-by-case basis. I hope I didn't annoy you too bad with telling you to shout your name. Was just an empowering thing. Had lots of fun. Goodness.. I hope I don't make it through another full character before you pass on.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #33646 Previous topic | Next topic