Subject: "(DELETED) [HERALD] Raikorsai Jarvoski the Prolific Poet..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #33584
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 28-Dec-04 10:56 AM
Member since 16th May 2024
16853 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33584, "(DELETED) [HERALD] Raikorsai Jarvoski the Prolific Poet, Outlander Lackey"

Tue Dec 28 09:56:00 2004

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Raikorsai perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:421

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Raikorsai Jarvoski the Prolific ..., velin (Guest), 29-Dec-04 04:30 PM, #13
Reply Farewell, Raikorsai (Guest), 29-Dec-04 05:13 AM, #2
Reply Goodbyes!, DurNominator, 29-Dec-04 09:14 AM, #3
Reply RE: Goodbyes!, Raikorsai (Guest), 29-Dec-04 10:04 AM, #4
Reply RE: Farewell, Ginharq (Guest), 29-Dec-04 10:24 AM, #5
Reply Please take this constructively., Odrirg, 29-Dec-04 12:17 PM, #6
Reply RE: Please take this constructively., Shazirah, 29-Dec-04 12:31 PM, #7
Reply Some responses to the Shazirah..., Nightwiggler (Guest), 13-Jan-05 11:46 PM, #22
Reply RE: Please take this constructively., Raikorsai (Guest), 29-Dec-04 12:44 PM, #8
     Reply To be fair.., Shazirah, 29-Dec-04 12:54 PM, #9
          Reply RE: To be fair.., Raikorsai (Guest), 29-Dec-04 01:12 PM, #10
               Reply Not really., Shazirah, 29-Dec-04 02:53 PM, #12
                    Reply damn that was harsh, hahahaha :P nt, EB (Guest), 13-Jan-05 05:37 PM, #20
Reply RE: Raikorsai, Splntrd, 29-Dec-04 02:18 PM, #11
Reply RE: Farewell, Eshval, 29-Dec-04 09:41 PM, #14
Reply RE: Farewell, Splntrd, 29-Dec-04 11:46 PM, #15
Reply RE: Farewell, Hipsin (Guest), 31-Dec-04 11:21 PM, #16
Reply Heh!, Els (Guest), 01-Jan-05 09:38 AM, #17
Reply RE: Farewell, Martoonie (Guest), 13-Jan-05 01:25 PM, #19
Reply RE: Farewell, Raja (Guest), 13-Jan-05 07:41 PM, #21
Reply Ohh my gosh, Tiriundrun (Guest), 29-Dec-04 02:51 AM, #1
     Reply Saddening indeed, Aira (Guest), 01-Jan-05 06:23 PM, #18

velin (Guest)Wed 29-Dec-04 04:30 PM

#33640, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Raikorsai Jarvoski the Prolific ..."
In response to Reply #0

man i swear you were trying to kill me with drinks.
I just wish i was around longer befor you left,being drunk is much more fun with you around.

Raikorsai (Guest)Wed 29-Dec-04 05:13 AM

#33622, "Farewell"
In response to Reply #0

First of all, thanks to everyone making this character fun. But I had to
delete this character simply 'cos I just couldn't get into him anymore.

Immortals:

Eshval : You have a great religion. I intended this character for Arvam,
but up to now, I've still no idea why I went to you instead.
A big thank you to you, for being around. Hope you like all the
works.

Shazirah : A big thank you to you as well, for the Lackey(s) title. Those
gave me things to work on. Hope you like the works too.

Herald:

Not much to mention really, even though part of the cabal, Raikorsai was
pretty much a stranger to it. Had aimed to make this character stand out
by its individuality but guess it didn't work out well.

Ioniyeh : Thanks for the induction and helping Raikorsai hero.

Ansrtril : You were everything to Raikorsai, when you con-die, 99% of
Raikorsai died with you. Thanks for the fun, travel and
everything.

Outlander:

Cathoria : Great travels, could always count on you for excitements.

Tjok : I'm really surprised you lasted this long. Good job.

Others:

Raja : Goodness, you outlived Raikorsai. I guess thats nothing new.

I guess thats pretty much about it. If folks wish to comment / reply,
I'll respond.

Signing,

Raikorsai, Massie, Starlnyrn

DurNominatorWed 29-Dec-04 09:14 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33623, "Goodbyes!"
In response to Reply #2

You seemed to know your ways about Thera, with always a barrier in your back pocket and such. I recall seeing from a log(strangely, I didn't notice the deformed description of Raikorsai earlier) of you with a seemingly one-armed description and stuff in both hands(a little something to consider in future). However, you were a Herald and Fungor liked having someone to mark after Cadothu passed away . Good luck with your next!

Fungor

Raikorsai (Guest)Wed 29-Dec-04 10:04 AM

#33624, "RE: Goodbyes!"
In response to Reply #3

I considered that actually, but figured that one hand is small the other is big, but that doesn't mean both hands can't hold things at the same time. But one big thing I stuck out is that, he remained shoes-less all the time.

Ginharq (Guest)Wed 29-Dec-04 10:24 AM

#33625, "RE: Farewell"
In response to Reply #2

Hey I really liked Rai's char. Very helpful and such. Too bad you're gone, it was fun hanging out, and the Elriel thing. Take care and hope to meet your new char!

OdrirgWed 29-Dec-04 12:17 PM
Member since 16th Oct 2004
431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33627, "Please take this constructively."
In response to Reply #2

And I would love to see your role, if it explains why....

But if I were to ever play an outlander again, I definately would put members of the Inn closely behind tribunal and empire as people I wouldn't like.

The whole thing about the inn being out there in the middle of the wild, a cancerous outgrowth of coddling civilization.

And if I were to play a Herald again, I would naturally be extremely wary of anyone who, philosophically, would like to dance upon the ashes of the Inn.

I understand that many of the herald players like to choose the chaotic ethos, but I submit that should not automatically mean "anti-tribunal". And it should definately not mean grouping up with people who would like to see the Inn levelled, so often it earns a Lackey title, *ESPECIALLY* If I chose the "orderly" ethos upon char creation, like you did.

I admit, in the past, I have caught myself with neut/chaotic/uncaballed characters who were inordinatly partial to tribunal/empire because of my past history of Lawful/orderly characters. I knew what to expect from those people, I was comfortable with their range of rp, etc.

I honestly had a suspicion, that such might be the case with an orderly-good transmuter of the Inn who liked to help rampaging neutral outlanders take death and destruction into the City....and seeing that you were Massie...?

What helped me get over this, was playing the other side.

Might I be close to the mark? Again, I'd love to see your role to see what motivated you.

ShazirahWed 29-Dec-04 12:31 PM
Member since 26th Aug 2003
71 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33628, "RE: Please take this constructively."
In response to Reply #6

But if I were to ever play an outlander again, I definately
would put members of the Inn closely behind tribunal and
empire as people I wouldn't like.

The whole thing about the inn being out there in the middle of
the wild, a cancerous outgrowth of coddling civilization.

You could then argue that every cabal should be closely behind Tribunal and Empire in this category. Most cabal structures are "cancerous outgrowths".

What makes Heralds more horrible than Scions or Ragers that they deserve to be put in that order? Sure they promote socialization but I don't know that you'd say they promote civilization.

I think the common misconception here is that Herald=the Inn, which it doesn't. The Inn is just a base, like the Chasm or the Village. These people are still going to do what they do whether or not the Inn/Chasm/Village/Fortress is there and in tact.

I personally don't see Herald as a major threat on the wilderness, but I suppose I can see how others might. It just seems trivial in the grand scheme of things.

Shaz!

Nightwiggler (Guest)Thu 13-Jan-05 11:46 PM

#34134, "Some responses to the Shazirah..."
In response to Reply #7

Ummm Outlanders should hate the Inn for one very very simple reason. It doesn't let WANTED people in.

Moreover

** I personally don't see Herald as a major threat on the wilderness,**

Outlander != Sylvan. The Inn is in some ways the Jewel of civilization in Thera. Think of it as the Library of Alexandria and the Globe Theatre mixed into one. Pretty damned civilized. Lets burn it down!

Raikorsai (Guest)Wed 29-Dec-04 12:44 PM

#33629, "RE: Please take this constructively."
In response to Reply #6

As what Shazirah has explained about the Inn merely as a location. Raikorsai helps nearly everyone. He's a character whos always on the fence, ready to hop onto any side. It just happened that Tribunal had never asked Raikorsai for help before and if there is, it happened to be a wrong timing. If Imms taken notice, Raikorsai had helped Scions before, but once or twice I think. It isn't part of the role, but anyone who can provide Raikorsai(audience) with a good fight, he'll be more than willing to stack the person up with spells.

ShazirahWed 29-Dec-04 12:54 PM
71 posts
#33631, "To be fair.."
In response to Reply #8

You really seemed more like an uncaballed character to me than a Herald. Yes, you wrote lots (I mean lots) of poetry, but talent alone doesn't make a person a Herald. It seemed to me like a nice convenient place for you to be based at while you played an uncaballed pocket tranny for a bunch of cabals (regardless of align, a huge no-no for a goodie).

While I don't agree with what Odrirg has said, I don't necessarily agree with your way either. I think there's a medium in there somewhere that can be reached.

Shaz!

Raikorsai (Guest)Wed 29-Dec-04 01:12 PM

#33632, "RE: To be fair.."
In response to Reply #9

You're infact right about that part. I didn't plan him for Herald, it just came and I just entered, thats about it, really. By the way, any comments from your side about the works?

ShazirahWed 29-Dec-04 02:53 PM
71 posts
#33638, "Not really."
In response to Reply #10

I might've read one or two at first, but when you started sending them daily (sometimes twice a day) I didn't bother. Remember, moderation=good.

Shaz!

EB (Guest)Thu 13-Jan-05 05:37 PM

#34129, "damn that was harsh, hahahaha :P nt"
In response to Reply #12

nt

SplntrdWed 29-Dec-04 02:18 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33636, "RE: Raikorsai"
In response to Reply #2

Honestly, I felt you weren't a very good Herald. Better than some, but I have to be honest. You were distant, and didn't seem to have any interest in doing what you were inducted to do: Entertain. Recently the only interactions I've had with you are having a spot of tea shoved into my hands whether I asked for it or not. Although I do like all the work you did for Rixljyn's upcoming (I hope, still?) event. Oh, and the perma esay was... ranked somewhere between vaguely and fairly annoying. Especially since you spelled "squeaky as "squeeky". All minor things of course. You seemed to have success in other areas of Raikorsai's life; you were a good transmuter, got Eshval's tattoo, wrote lots of poetry, and it was fair roleplay, despite the perma-esay detriment. Good luck with your next.

Splntrd

EshvalWed 29-Dec-04 09:41 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33650, "RE: Farewell"
In response to Reply #2

Eshval : You have a great religion. I intended this character for Arvam...

I get so many Arvam castoffs...I should just move into his Mansion.

Plenty of room for the next bit of fuel for the Iron Furnace, bring it.

Good luck on the next

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

SplntrdWed 29-Dec-04 11:46 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
#33659, "RE: Farewell"
In response to Reply #14

>I get so many Arvam castoffs...I should just move into his
>Mansion.

I was thinking the same thing...

Splntrd

Hipsin (Guest)Fri 31-Dec-04 11:21 PM

#33740, "RE: Farewell"
In response to Reply #2

It was fun interacting with you, how come everyone always forgets the Kingpin? Anyway, good luck with the next, ciao

Els (Guest)Sat 01-Jan-05 09:38 AM

#33745, "Heh!"
In response to Reply #2

That was you then? It's been some time, but I clearly remember how thankful I was for all the hints for the wand locations. It took me days and days to find out, but in the in end I was able to solve at least two riddles . (I played Jumbijam as well - owl/ram). I interacted with you with him, Kak, Elstratuviel and Baldar; could you guess . Anyways, strong character, solid rp and very knowledgable. Keep on trucking.

Martoonie (Guest)Thu 13-Jan-05 01:25 PM

#34118, "RE: Farewell"
In response to Reply #2

Okay.. so I took my time to answer this. Mainly because I did not want to have to say goodbye and had hoped you would undelete. It didn't happen. I was at arms length with you as Starlnyrn, but as Raikorsai you were Ansrtril's match in character. Everything he was not, as if they fit together to be one perfect work. Despite the extra titles, Raikorsai was GOOD. Bend over backwards to help anyone who needed it and would take the time when he had other plans to regear (Just a small example) me when I got knocked about by those who did not understand Ansrtril/Imperials. Ansrtril was selfish, self-gratifying and covetous, but for moments, when he was around you (and much the same way with Alessa) he inspired to be better and do less harm. Raikorsai was as much to Ansrtril as you spoke about the elf being to Raik. I'm glad I died before you, Ioniyeh and Karzalynn. Watching Alessa and Esfer go was hard enough on Ansrtril and losing any of the rest of the three of you.. especially Raik, would have killed my enthusiasim in the works I produced. Raik was pure inspiration. How you wrote twenty poems to my one tapestry or painting i'll never know, and though I know I did not get to read a lot of them, I LOVED the ones I did read. I hope you get to your goal someday. Of all the players I know, and love interaction with, you deserve that chance most of all.

Martoonie - Ansrtril, Subira, Dworlin and a host of others.

Raja (Guest)Thu 13-Jan-05 07:41 PM

#34131, "RE: Farewell"
In response to Reply #2

Raja had a great time hanging out with you at the Inn. Raja is gone now and not many people hang out at the Inn anymore like some of us used to. Oh well, things change. I had fun interacting with you. Thanks for all the fun and drinks.

Tiriundrun (Guest)Wed 29-Dec-04 02:51 AM

#33621, "Ohh my gosh"
In response to Reply #0

My Changer Mage Friend what happened???? I loved you always helpful very fun you will be missed see you in the fields
Tiri

Aira (Guest)Sat 01-Jan-05 06:23 PM

#33754, "Saddening indeed"
In response to Reply #1

I'm not even going to critisize you as a Herald- I did terrible myself, so.

I loved how you never gave up on me. I never left the Inn... but then you'd come around and make me travel, and would sometimes even tag along to help. I owe you for gaining me about 10 ranks (same with Fungor, eck). Good job... except I must agree with Splntrd. The damn voice thing was annoying, but after you got use to it, you ignored it.

See you round.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #33584 Previous topic | Next topic