Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thays Greenpaw the Dweller of the..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #33353
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 13-Dec-04 10:40 AM
Member since 16th May 2024
16853 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33353, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thays Greenpaw the Dweller of the Wilds"

Mon Dec 13 09:38:52 2004

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Thays perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:255

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thays Greenpaw the Dweller of..., Yisoras (Guest), 14-Dec-04 08:25 PM, #10
Reply Alright then., Thays (Guest), 13-Dec-04 05:33 PM, #3
Reply note to self: Be more memorable to own cabal, Karrel (Guest), 13-Dec-04 07:42 PM, #4
Reply Well...., Thays (Guest), 13-Dec-04 07:52 PM, #5
Reply Oh. And sorry. some txt., Thays. (Guest), 13-Dec-04 07:54 PM, #6
Reply Heh. Don't worry, Karrel is definately a memorable pow..., Tjok. (Guest), 13-Dec-04 08:37 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Heh. Don't worry, Karrel is definately a memorable..., Amaranthe, 18-Dec-04 09:41 PM, #14
          Reply Ah well., Thays. (Guest), 19-Dec-04 04:34 AM, #16
Reply RE: Alright then., Norkie (Guest), 13-Dec-04 10:16 PM, #8
Reply Sometimes, I wish I was tall enough to ruffle your hair..., Jaeiin (Guest), 14-Dec-04 11:57 PM, #11
Reply Nice work Thays....., Viviarong (Guest), 14-Dec-04 04:36 AM, #9
Reply Outlander is WAY better than Sylvan RP wise, Jaeiin (Guest), 15-Dec-04 12:03 AM, #12
Reply Heh, Klendalstak (Guest), 17-Dec-04 04:00 AM, #13
Reply Ummm.., Thays. (Guest), 19-Dec-04 04:20 AM, #15
     Reply RE: Ummm.., Klendalstak (Guest), 21-Dec-04 03:54 AM, #17
          Reply I'm not sure this is the case~, Enbuergo1 (Guest), 21-Dec-04 08:35 AM, #18
               Reply I was warned by an immortal not a few months ago that *..., Klendalstak (Guest), 22-Dec-04 01:49 AM, #19
                    Reply This..., Grurk Muouk, 22-Dec-04 06:08 AM, #20
                         Reply Following on from your post Grurk., Hmm. (Guest), 23-Dec-04 10:20 AM, #21
Reply I really wanted to interact with you more, Kinkara (Guest), 27-Dec-04 03:00 AM, #22
Reply RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thays Greenpaw the Dweller of..., Tiriundrun (Guest), 13-Dec-04 04:57 PM, #2
Reply Oops. What happened?, Restraal (Guest), 13-Dec-04 12:55 PM, #1

Yisoras (Guest)Tue 14-Dec-04 08:25 PM

#33385, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thays Greenpaw the Dweller of..."
In response to Reply #0

Hum. I was hoping you would get Sunwarden, I thought you and Tjok would be an awesome team as far as leadership goes. And as far as I could tell you roleplayed well even without a role. Too bad we didn't get to hunt together more. See you around the fields.

Thays (Guest)Mon 13-Dec-04 05:33 PM

#33364, "Alright then."
In response to Reply #0

Ok well. Thays was my first go at a ranger, and Outlander. I had previously only ever gone Fortress Three times and Herald once. I really enjoyed playing rangers, they aren't really so bad fighting in the city, though once I was manacled I was dead so I quickly had to run.

Oh and I was the same as Arisnus, I didn't have any role, and I didn't really think I was going to get Sunwarden just because I was there. I just played a goodie because I always play goodies heh.

Outlander: Well I really enjoyed the cabal, its the most fun I've had yet. It really has good opportunity's for people to develop their role around the various outlander ideas. (Thanks Jaeiin). Well I guess the only down side was that I have the totally opposite playing hours of Amaranthe, 1a.m - 6a.m my time. And with school and things didn't really have much of a chance to catch her. Though you have done a great job with the cabal thus far!

Tjok: Well what can I say. You taught me a lot about rangers, all I can say is being logged on, and then when you got on, we were going to kill someone. I enjoyed your character. I was going to try and outlive you, but that just didn't happen did it. Keep on living. I sometimes wonder if you can even die?

Cathoria: Tank tank tank. You tank as good as rangers do in the wilderness. You deal out a lot of damage, and you know your way around. I was very impressed. Keep on killing!'

Jaeiin: I liked you from the start. You ranked pretty quick! You were like lv 30, then the next day 42. You are always there to lighten up the mood and things, good to have around. Good luck and keep trucking.

Yisoras: Sunwarden! Now your a shoe in, and at least you appear to have a role. Anyway, rank to hero! Good luck fighting half of Thera now. You'll do great! Good warrior good character.

Hrm, memory is getting sketchy here. Just write a post and i'll reply.

Scion: Restraal: I liked sort of helping you kill Spire, but you were helping me as well. We were half friendly. But yeah ah well. It was good things we had going. Good luck with Restraal.

The shifter..I forget your name sorry. Panther and Owl. I disliked that owl. You got me in a gang once, other times when we fought in the wilds it was fun. I hate that owl.

The rest of you. Some I didn't fight, the others I did I fought only in gangs but yeah, we all gang sometime dont we.

Spire: Klendalstak: You might have a good character, but dude, really quit some of the taunting you do. Sure taunt all you can but just tone it down a bit, your letting to much of your OOC feelings go IC. Never really fought you a whole lot. When I did you either ran or I did. the times when you got me was with another one or two people there.

Sals: I hated your name heh. I ended up just calling you Sals, it took too long to type without spelling mistakes. But well, we had some good fights anyway. You were one of the few people that would come and fight me in the wilds. That mark sure does come in handy. Good fights though.

Umm, memories sketchy again. I can't think of any Imperials I really fought either.

Well post something and I'll reply. Thanks to whomever gave me my lastname. Not sure what I did for it, but thanks! Well yeah, until next time.

Karrel (Guest)Mon 13-Dec-04 07:42 PM

#33365, "note to self: Be more memorable to own cabal"
In response to Reply #3

hmm, not sure why all of you choose to forget me but its getting kind frustrating! It's making me angry!

Just kidding, I know plenty remember me, maybe "karrel" just isn't one that sticks in memory well. I liked Thays, tho, I will say this, you seemed to be really "slow." I'm not sure if its because you are easily distracted and you are busy downloading "things" on the internet while you play or you like to go to the bathroom a lot or what, but sometimes I didn't feel like I could count on you to be "on the ball." That being said, lets get to the good things about Thays.

You always showed up, you didn't lose heart too badly, and you really did your best to give it your all. Those are endearing traits that can make characters well liked, and your's is one of those.

Thanks for making the experience better,
Aaron

Thays (Guest)Mon 13-Dec-04 07:52 PM

#33366, "Well...."
In response to Reply #4

Well its my free time when I play, and im usually on a chat program speaking with my girlfriend and stuff...Or im on CF when I should be doing an assignment. Though you could count on me. My connection sometimes goes bad. Or I might be having some troubles OOC. But yeah. Usually when something big was happening I was here and ready. Sorry if I did some bad things. Well, I tried. And I guess being a 16 year old some things do get in the way of CF.

Thays. (Guest)Mon 13-Dec-04 07:54 PM

#33367, "Oh. And sorry. some txt."
In response to Reply #4

You were one of Thays' best friends. Your a strong druid. And definatley know a lot. If Thays was half as strong as you were, I would be happy. Well done with the tatt, and Karrel. Good luck with the rest.

Tjok. (Guest)Mon 13-Dec-04 08:37 PM

#33368, "Heh. Don't worry, Karrel is definately a memorable pow..."
In response to Reply #4

Thays:

I think Karrel put it perfectly:

"You always showed up, you didn't lose heart too badly, and you really did your best to give it your all. Those are endearing traits that can make characters well liked, and your's is one of those."

I'll just add something that's applicable to Tjok and not Karrel, which is that you injected some enthusiasm into Tjok with the whole raid-retrieval thing. I'll leave it at that until Tjok's gone.

Personally, I thought you'd make a good Sunwarden - and I wouldn't let a lack of a written role stop you. I can say from experience that it's not an absolute bar. Thays definately had "presence" in the sense of a solid and consistent personality - and when we discussed how to respond to the scion aggression, I thought you were great in representing the "goodie" angle on things. Since you're dead, I can tell you I basically said the same thing to the IMMs (only it was in Tjok's monosyllabic style). Bummer that you deleted because I think things would have gotten more interesting for you.

Hope you had fun, see you around.

AmarantheSat 18-Dec-04 09:41 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33452, "RE: Heh. Don't worry, Karrel is definately a memorable..."
In response to Reply #7

Basically Tjok is referring to being approached by the Ancients regarding his assessment of you. You were in the running for Sunwarden, though I was finding you difficult to read rp-wise, or just snooping you at bad times, or something.

Tjok's right in that a role is really not necessary.. but it definately can make it easier and speed up the process for an imm trying to assess consistency and accuracy of RP, etc. I.e., if an imm knows what you're supposed to be about in a nutshell, the imm can get on to the business of verifying that your character is true to himself, wheras if you don't have a role, the imm has to first glean what you're about and THEN verify it.

Actually this can sometimes be harder to do from the imm perspective than from the mortal perspective, because a mortal can approach you and prod you and feel you out, whereas if an imm does that, it's not uncommon for the mort to put on a 'show' they otherwise would never do for fellow mortals in a million years. That's why I might occasionally ask another mortal what he thinks.

So it's mostly random snooping, and a lot of that falls on luck unless you're one of the rare morts that is always actively 'on' rp-wise. If a character tends to be more quiet or has fewer obvious quirks or characteristics, it can be a tough call.

So, you were definately in the running for Sunwarden, role or no, it was just a slower process. I can't say for sure, but it probably would have gone in that direction fairly soon based on what I did see and what I got out of Tjok.

Thays. (Guest)Sun 19-Dec-04 04:34 AM

#33457, "Ah well."
In response to Reply #14

Well maybe in a reincarnation one day. I never had a clue you were even around when I was. I actually wanted to talk to you a bit and stuff. About my sphere creation. I had a role thought up, just didnt write it out. I'm not the best at writing those things. Well thanks for taking the time out and snooping me. And thanks Tjok for the mention to the Ancients. Well im sure you'll find a Sunwarden soon enough! Thanks a lot Amaranthe, good cabal and all those good things.

Norkie (Guest)Mon 13-Dec-04 10:16 PM

#33369, "RE: Alright then."
In response to Reply #3

Only got to hunt with you a little bit. Norkie liked your playing style. You're a strong kitty.

Jaeiin (Guest)Tue 14-Dec-04 11:57 PM

#33387, "Sometimes, I wish I was tall enough to ruffle your hair..."
In response to Reply #8

nt

Viviarong (Guest)Tue 14-Dec-04 04:36 AM

#33376, "Nice work Thays....."
In response to Reply #3

I know I hardly ever had the same login times as you had (but that goes for the rest aswell). But what I saw of you I liked. I am sorry you deleted now, since I was hoping to get to know bouth you and the others better as soon as work permits it, currently I have a lot to do at work and at the same time I have started stuff in the outlander now that I wish to follow through... I was hoping the old guys in the cabal would be able to join in on it when time comes and my last note had something to do with it.

We never got to group together but I did help you a little once in a while when hunting on eastern

I enjoyed to have you around, and it supprise me you're only 16. The character was was played well and I hope I will meet you in the refuge in a new incarnation soon I have the same feeling as you that its a solid cabal that gives you more than the PK perspective... Its so many possibilities there, bouth RP wise and "quest" wise... Its all up to the player(s) who play there.

Good luck with your next, and I loved seeing a goodie ranger in outlander , its far between them.

If you like aim:tigern901

Jaeiin (Guest)Wed 15-Dec-04 12:03 AM

#33388, "Outlander is WAY better than Sylvan RP wise"
In response to Reply #3

The RP angles are nearly endless, I was just hoping to poke you into some kind of role because I think it was obvious to us all that you were only the tiniest bit away from Sunwarden.

You had all the qualities we needed - not pathetic at Pk, around often, good spirit (he he, spirit) and all you needed was some general roleplay buffing. I thought the Felar thinking might have prompted you to act out a more 'felar-like' role while trying to develop in your Journey but its always up to what you feel confident doing and playing. I seriously don't think you were as far from Sunwarden as you think!

And its true, you don't -have- to have a written role, as long as you can live it every moment. I just have mine because I've got a crap memory. Seriously, I'd forget who I am without it

Loved running with you, I could tell you sat comfortably with the ranger class after a good while. Tjok seems great at teaching everything. Just one thing that frustrated me -
YOU HAVE A TAIL! USE IT!
I would if I had one They're the most awesome RP tool ever.

Jaeiin, missing having a kitty to fuzz. *whimper*

PS - Hope to see you taking advantage of those awesome outlander ideas that are available.

Klendalstak (Guest)Fri 17-Dec-04 04:00 AM

#33422, "Heh"
In response to Reply #3

I have played some of the most passive and nonconfrontational characters ever. I do not put anything ooc into my taunts. People think that there is no room for taunting in CF, meanwhile there is a SKILL taunt. It's part of some people's characters. Don't always assume people are being OOC about things just because they are being assholes. Some people's chars are suppossed to be thick headed and big talking. You all also seem to attack this char like you are angels in game and never say anything 'potty mouth'. It's rediculous and delusional. At any rate, nice char and good luck with the next.

Thays. (Guest)Sun 19-Dec-04 04:20 AM

#33456, "Ummm.."
In response to Reply #13

Well I know. I taunted often. Calling people cowards and such and thats fine. I am referring to one tell you gave me when I fought you on Kiadana. I think its a little OOC telling someone....HAHAHAHAHAHHA If you had only went down you would have got me resting on the river. Sure put in *laugh* But HAHAHA in capitals. Thats just me. That was all I meant by the RL you getting to the IC you. You got away from me and felt good as everyone does after getting away from a pk. That was all.

Klendalstak (Guest)Tue 21-Dec-04 03:54 AM

#33473, "RE: Ummm.."
In response to Reply #15

You do realize that any immortal will tell you that putting in *laugh* is against the language rules of the game. And that the only way for me to truly express a laugh over a tell is to do so.

Enbuergo1 (Guest)Tue 21-Dec-04 08:35 AM

#33474, "I'm not sure this is the case~"
In response to Reply #17

~

Klendalstak (Guest)Wed 22-Dec-04 01:49 AM

#33481, "I was warned by an immortal not a few months ago that *..."
In response to Reply #18

nt

Grurk MuoukWed 22-Dec-04 06:08 AM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#33484, "This..."
In response to Reply #19

I think either is fine, in fact I'd prefer *In a lauging tone*

Something along those lines.

Hmm. (Guest)Thu 23-Dec-04 10:20 AM

#33492, "Following on from your post Grurk."
In response to Reply #20

Would it be possible to do something similar to esay with tells? I mean that would just solve the whole issue entirely and add a lot to the roleplay in my opinion. Just a thought, thanks.

Kinkara (Guest)Mon 27-Dec-04 03:00 AM

#33564, "I really wanted to interact with you more"
In response to Reply #3

I always seemed to find you while I was wandering about aimlessly. I even thought about puttin a lot about you in my role to develop it, but things just didn't work out. Not to mention, I had an orderly character. Then I just got sick of playing Kinkara, so too bad. I really liked Thays. Good luck with your next.

Tiriundrun (Guest)Mon 13-Dec-04 04:57 PM

#33363, "RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Thays Greenpaw the Dweller of..."
In response to Reply #0

*sigh* my furry friend I love you! You were great and seemed like you were always around when I needed you. A stable point of the cabal though quit losing all the gear I would get you! Thats a bad Mr. Kitty! See you in the Fields Thays good char

Tiri

Restraal (Guest)Mon 13-Dec-04 12:55 PM

#33358, "Oops. What happened?"
In response to Reply #0

Too bad. One of the few Outlanders that's on my 'nice' list currently.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #33353 Previous topic | Next topic