Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Miaree Arrowny the Mildly Ravenous..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32317
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 29-Oct-04 05:48 PM
Member since 06th May 2024
16831 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32317, "(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Miaree Arrowny the Mildly Ravenous, Explorer of Curious Cuisine"

Fri Oct 29 17:47:10 2004

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Miaree perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:638

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Not much to say, Kohl (Guest), 31-Oct-04 06:34 PM, #24
Reply Aww., Istirith (Guest), 30-Oct-04 09:39 PM, #23
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Miaree Arrowny the Mildly Rave..., circ (Guest), 30-Oct-04 02:54 AM, #13
Reply Your pointless criticism is duly noted., Shazirah, 30-Oct-04 09:22 AM, #15
Reply News flash, Martoonie (Guest), 30-Oct-04 11:17 AM, #16
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Miaree Arrowny the Mildly Rave..., Miaree (Guest), 30-Oct-04 02:11 PM, #17
Reply Blah blah blah, moron, yadda yadda troll.., Esfergref (Guest), 30-Oct-04 02:28 PM, #19
     Reply 'Nuff said. (nt), Splntrd, 30-Oct-04 04:02 PM, #20
Reply Red Wizard is about to die! Oh wait, she just did., Miaree (Guest), 29-Oct-04 06:09 PM, #1
     Reply And she never gained a pound..., Esfergref (Guest), 29-Oct-04 06:20 PM, #2
     Reply I blame fast metabolism, Miaree (Guest), 29-Oct-04 08:35 PM, #4
     Reply Wow, Liurnya (Guest), 29-Oct-04 07:56 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Wow, Miaree (Guest), 29-Oct-04 08:45 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Red Wizard is about to die! Oh wait, she just did., Martoonie (Guest), 29-Oct-04 10:20 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Red Wizard is about to die! Oh wait, she just did., Miaree (Guest), 29-Oct-04 11:46 PM, #9
          Reply Actually!!, Martoonie (Guest), 30-Oct-04 02:00 AM, #12
     Reply RE: Red Wizard is about to die! Oh wait, she just did., Splntrd, 29-Oct-04 10:36 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Red Wizard is about to die! Oh wait, she just did., Miaree (Guest), 29-Oct-04 11:56 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Red Wizard is about to die! Oh wait, she just did., Nubley (Guest), 29-Oct-04 11:33 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Red Wizard is about to die! Oh wait, she just did., Miaree (Guest), 30-Oct-04 12:05 AM, #11
     Reply Goodbye Red Wizard!, Fungor. (Guest), 30-Oct-04 04:05 AM, #14
     Reply RE: Goodbye Red Wizard!, Miaree (Guest), 30-Oct-04 02:23 PM, #18
     Reply Fuzzy!, Thalric (Guest), 30-Oct-04 04:54 PM, #21
     Reply RE: Fuzzy!, Miaree (Guest), 30-Oct-04 07:50 PM, #22
     Reply She remembered me!, Kedewyn (Guest), 11-Nov-04 03:10 PM, #25
     Reply RE: Red Wizard is about to die! Oh wait, she just did., Rixljyn (Guest), 25-Jul-06 01:25 AM, #26
          Reply Definetly do., Yhorian (Guest), 26-Jul-06 09:00 PM, #27

Kohl (Guest)Sun 31-Oct-04 06:34 PM

#32362, "Not much to say"
In response to Reply #0

Well, where to begin. Kohl had fun with Mia, exploring when he could, never really understood her too much but ya know. Anyway, sad to see she died, wondered when it would happen though. Kinda figured Fungor would go first. Oh well, was fun interacting with you, good luck with the next roll, find your fate and follow it. See ya in the fields.

Istirith (Guest)Sat 30-Oct-04 09:39 PM

#32354, "Aww."
In response to Reply #0

Such a cute character, I enjoyed the times we interacted/travelled/explored. I learnt some stuff from you and I hope you learnt some stuff from me
Congrats on the age death.
See you in the fields.

circ (Guest)Sat 30-Oct-04 02:54 AM

#32334, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Miaree Arrowny the Mildly Rave..."
In response to Reply #0

yadda yadda yadda. could we ####ing for once get some ####ing variety in a herald instead of the mushy ####ing constant #### heralds that spam smile and giggle? no? didn't think so.

ShazirahSat 30-Oct-04 09:22 AM
Member since 26th Aug 2003
71 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32336, "Your pointless criticism is duly noted."
In response to Reply #13

And which non-mushy Herald are you playing now? God forbid you quit bitching about it and roll one. I hate to break it to you but most of the people who want variety in Herald don't want to play Herald. So unless you want to take one for the team, your little rant doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Shaz!

Martoonie (Guest)Sat 30-Oct-04 11:17 AM

#32337, "News flash"
In response to Reply #13

Just to add a bit to what Shazirah already said, Miaree, if you had taken anytime to know her, was probably the least sterotypical what some people complain the Heralds are like. She was definately a personality unto her own minus all the cuddly, giggly goings on. Don't rant if you you weren't there to experience it, it just serves to make you look foolish and adolescent.

Martoonie

Miaree (Guest)Sat 30-Oct-04 02:11 PM

#32342, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Miaree Arrowny the Mildly Rave..."
In response to Reply #13

I'm sorry I spammed smile and giggle. Clearly, "using them when approrpriate once now and then" is spam. I just hope I didn't ruin teh zomg amazing roleplaying experience which I'm sure you're contributing a lot to.

Take care.

Esfergref (Guest)Sat 30-Oct-04 02:28 PM

#32345, "Blah blah blah, moron, yadda yadda troll.."
In response to Reply #13

Now, I spent a helluva lot more time around Miaree than you did, whoever the #### you are mister anon, and I don't think I heard her giggle once. AND OH NOES PEOPLE SMILE THATS BAD RP, IT NEVAH HAPPENS IRL! NOPE.

So, you have fun with your baseless claims that you have no first hand knowledge of but you "heard from someone who heard" or some other ####. When was YOUR last age death titled/tatted character with an extra shapeshifting form? Huh? Thought as much.

SplntrdSat 30-Oct-04 04:02 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32348, "'Nuff said. (nt)"
In response to Reply #19

Splntrd

Miaree (Guest)Fri 29-Oct-04 06:09 PM

#32319, "Red Wizard is about to die! Oh wait, she just did."
In response to Reply #0

Well, damn, that's the way the cookie crumbles. But it sure was pumped full of artificial additives and preservatives since it took so long, huh?

I'll go by the Gauntlet theory here: eating a lot of food and not getting repeatedly charbroiled by dragons increases your life expectancy significantly. That, and inserting coins.

I rarely can play characters over 200 hours, so Miaree was really quite an exception for me, and I just can't figure out people who manage to agedie 2 characters in the time I play one for 100 hours.

One reason contributing to Mia's longevity was the fact that for a good part of the summer I didn't have much internet connectivity at all, and various other things going on limited my ability/desire to play somewhat... or maybe they were just good things, preventing me from burning out too fast. Maybe the 2 hours every 2 days is just the perfect pace for me.

I'm not even sure what exactly I had in mind when I rolled Miaree. I think I just wanted a change from my previous more violent characters and wanted to explore places by myself a bit, and I wanted, for once, to try to get a tat. I guess I achieved everything I was going for, then, even though Arvam blackmailed me into joining Herald so I could get my tattoo, pfft. It wasn't a part of the original plan. That, actually, is one reason why I was always determined *not* to arrange mine any events and only take part in other peoples' if they happened when I was going to be playing, Mia was a Herald for her own sake, not others'.

About the class:
Personally, I think people are needlessly critical about felar shifters, sure they're more limited in some ways, but any mage that has 739 natural HP at hero without a zillion trains is a-ok in my book, not to mention felar are just so much cooler as a race than gnomes, and have awesome inherents too... especially so for a shifter. And thanks to no shapeshift spell spamming, the 17 int is no longer much of an issue.

I was pretty well off as far as my forms went, though what was a bit of a bummer that they overlapped a lot. My focuses were utility/defense, and my first def form was the hare. It's a nice form and all, but I never had any use for it, due to utility's spider doing everything the hare did and better (except damage reduction, but the hare isn't exactly hot on that account either). The spider, of course, was pretty awesome and I used it often even with my major forms for various reasons. Coyote, skunk, meh. Not bad forms, but their utility was rather limited at least for me. My major forms, though, were pretty damn handy for what I liked doing best: solo exploring. Wildcat let me sneak around some places with frightening ease and was able to dish out a bit of damage when needed, and run just plain owns. Lemur... ahh, the lemur. I'm going to miss my lemur, it's just so great.

People!
Now, playing a char for 600+ hours makes you kind of not remember everyone you happened to meet so I'm just going to list some names in no particular order which are on top of my mind. If you think you should be there but aren't, sorry, I blame dementia. Feel free to complain.

Imms:
Arvam - you kick ass. A shame my playing times didn't match better with yours, though, it was a bit hard to get a hold of you, but hey, good times anyway. Thanks for all the talks and hometown moving and other stuff, and that hidden Nethack reference cracked me up. It was one, wasn't it?
Shazirah - you, too, kick ass. Despite what it might have seemed, it was fun to have you sneak up on me at random times.
Everyone else - good job.

Herald:
Ahh, my Team. Mental note, though, never try to go and PK people with Heralds from now on, it just doesn't work that well.
Rixljyn!, Sastine, Soucivi, Thigodus, Verv, Naloueme, Esfergref, Dworlin, Fungor, Kikiani, Qirinor, Ghroth, Raikorsai, Ioniyeh, Istirith, Ansrtril, Kohl and so on. One mention in particular, thanks to Rix for making Mia's last few years much more fun.

Fortress:
Thalric and... uh, that's about it. Never knew a lot of you guys more than by passing. Of course, Thalric was cool enough to make up for it. Thanks, you're great.

Tribunal:
I just can't think of any of you guys, even if I'm sure I knew a few. I just wasn't around cities that often. And the one time I broke the law, I managed to lie my way out of it, heh heh. Lemath, funny how we got so similar forms.

Scion:
D-something dark-elf transmuter from a while back, Aytak, and whoever else I happened to deal with, I always got along fine with most of you. You're definitely the Good Evil cabal of CF, if you catch my drift.

Empire:
My interactions with you were limited to "Take the oath;bash". I'm sure (at least some of) you've got interesting roles and so on, but it hardly shows to the outside. And declaring war on Heralds is just enh, in my humble opinion. Evil oppressors, sure, but that's a bit too schoolyard bully for my taste.

Battle:
See Empire, replace "take the oath" with "die mage". At least it was fun hating you.

Outlander:
Never knew any of you either. That was to be expected, though, you with your forest-sitting and me with my... well, not-forest-sitting.

Noncaballed:
Silmareen, Arthakar, Kedewyn are the ones I can remember right now, though I'm pretty sure many others could go in here.

I'm pretty bad with farewell posts of any kind so I really can't think of much else to say, and thus, I will end it here by quoting an arbitrary song.

Wonderboy,
what is the secret of your power?
Wonderboy,
won't you take me far away
from the mucky-muck man?

--Tenacious D, Wonderboy

- Miaree, Calisha, Zaelfar, Jodrec, Melfordin et al. signing off for now

20 bonus points to anyone who recognized "Arrowny"

Esfergref (Guest)Fri 29-Oct-04 06:20 PM

#32320, "And she never gained a pound..."
In response to Reply #1

Ah, my mentor, cook and confidant! Whenever I logged on almost the first thing I'd do was type "whois m" and pout when I didn't see your name, especially during that summer haitus. I probably wouldn't of joined herald if it wasn't for you and that jerk that age died, what was his name..? Oh, right, Istirith. You were great, and uh..fluffy, and..uh, not ugly.. anddd...you didn't smell badly, and Esfergef would know..man, he had a big honker.

In conclusion, you're amazing, and I hereby claim the 20 bonus points.. Relm Arrowny is of course the spunky little artist from Final Fantasy 3/6.
I also claim the next cookie you make,
Uncle Ultros can't have it.

Miaree (Guest)Fri 29-Oct-04 08:35 PM

#32324, "I blame fast metabolism"
In response to Reply #2

Esfergref was a blast to hang out and go get horribly mauled by rampaging duergars with. "I'm pretty sure they won't come this way"... heh, that was hilarious. A lemur+tough little svirf made a pretty nice exploration team, though, and I didn't mind bringing you along even if usually I preferred going alone, you were just that cool. Thanks for the good times.

Also, you get 20 points and 5 extra for Uncle Ulty. Muscle-heads? Hate'em!

Liurnya (Guest)Fri 29-Oct-04 07:56 PM

#32322, "Wow"
In response to Reply #1

Geez you lasted long. You were the one character that really got me hooked on this game with Silmareen (I still remember you bringing me to Arvams mansion). I interacted with you with a few other characters after that in small stints, and then I rolled up a rager (Liurnya) and saw you sitting peacefully doing your thing at the inn with another shifter. OOC I wanted to go and strike up a conversation, but I knew to do so in my roleplay it would have to involve impaling all of you. Next thing I knew you were both dead (got lucky impaling your wildcat) and you put a bounty on my head for taking your bracelet of longevities. The irony of it all had me laughing for some time.
Anyway just wanted to say I really enjoyed your character, and good luck with everything.

Miaree (Guest)Fri 29-Oct-04 08:45 PM

#32325, "RE: Wow"
In response to Reply #3

I really liked Silmareen, you had a lot of spirit even if it was obvious you were pretty new back then. And naturally, I hated Liurnya as much as every other rager, nothing personal of course. I was pretty miffed at myself for dying to you that time though, I should've known better than to start fighting with 0-1 ticks left on stoneskin, impaled, and of course right after it went down you hit me and got in a parting blow... talk about a painful reminder not to push it. Boy were your bandages annoying, too, considering my forms were more suited for wearing people down and that just doesn't work when the people in question heal faster than you can do damage.

And I put bounties on a lot of people, too bad no one ever seemed to collect them! They could've gotten rich...

Was fun all in all, see you around.

Martoonie (Guest)Fri 29-Oct-04 10:20 PM

#32326, "RE: Red Wizard is about to die! Oh wait, she just did."
In response to Reply #1

I really cannot believe you're gone. I knew when you started 'feeling unwell' as of late that it meant the end was near. I got the pleasure of knowing you as Ghroth, Ansrtril.. and yes.. I even have another nigh-hero in Heralds now that adored you. I know I said I wouldn't come back, but you were a huge factor in it. Exploration and interaction with you was pure pleasure. I hope I gave half the reciprocity of enjoyment you gave me in our dealings. As Ghroth I wrote a story with you as the central figure to share with everyone and your cookies.. well I am sure you know how I feel about them. I know you'd probably deny it, but the Inn has a huge hole where your furry paws stood. I'll miss Miaree with all my heart. Well, well done.

Martoonie

Miaree (Guest)Fri 29-Oct-04 11:46 PM

#32329, "RE: Red Wizard is about to die! Oh wait, she just did."
In response to Reply #6

I'm having a hard time believing Miaree kicked the bucket, too. I mean, according to what I can find out, I rolled her sometime mid-December last year, it was a long run. And yeah, around when I hit 100 years/600 hours I was starting to suspect that I really can't last much longer, even if felar mages seem pretty vigorous, so I figured it might be time to let Mia feel old instead of fighting the power.

And naturally, you were fun to do stuff with, else I wouldn't have done it, would I? Thanks for the company.

Keep on truckin' and gang an Imperial for me or something.

Martoonie (Guest)Sat 30-Oct-04 02:00 AM

#32333, "Actually!!"
In response to Reply #9

I did! Tonight! And yesterday - twice! Tonight's however is all for you my fuzzy friend. An ode from me to my sweet chef. Steak a la namesless imperial. (The vanquisher ones were good too. Good job to you.)

Martoonie

SplntrdFri 29-Oct-04 10:36 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#32327, "RE: Red Wizard is about to die! Oh wait, she just did."
In response to Reply #1

Played a couple Heralds around you now, and I guess all I can say is that Miaree was a great fuzzy goof to have around. Good run fuzzy, sleep well and I hope to see you around again sometime.

Splntrd

Miaree (Guest)Fri 29-Oct-04 11:56 PM

#32330, "RE: Red Wizard is about to die! Oh wait, she just did."
In response to Reply #7

I think I have a faint suspicion who... so if I'm right, treasure that titanium foil now, it's the last thing I dropped off.

I hope I didn't come off as *that* goofy though, I was more going for the lighthearted and single-minded approach... I needed a change.

I'll be back... someday, in some form, somewhere.

Nubley (Guest)Fri 29-Oct-04 11:33 PM

#32328, "RE: Red Wizard is about to die! Oh wait, she just did."
In response to Reply #1

You really were around for a long time...always had fun with Miaree. Wish we were able to be around each other a bit more though. Thanks for all that help getting to Hero. Seems the Heralds keep dying off...don't think it will be long before Fungor goes too. He has been around quite awhile. Well, I'm gonna miss her.

Miaree (Guest)Sat 30-Oct-04 12:05 AM

#32331, "RE: Red Wizard is about to die! Oh wait, she just did."
In response to Reply #8

No, thank *you* for showing me how damn nasty felar inherents are even for shifters. It was cool tearing stuff up and just powertripping, heh heh. Never underestimate the power of a rabid hare.

Fungor. (Guest)Sat 30-Oct-04 04:05 AM

#32335, "Goodbye Red Wizard!"
In response to Reply #1

Miaree was so great I'm running out of words here. There is too much to say about the adventurous cat who sure liked a good meal! I always felt safe when I was travelling with Miaree, running after Miarees fast travelling speed. I remember many things about Miaree. You showed me Aridhol(in where I eventually ranked to Hero at later time) and Mount Calandaryl in learning(thanks for the help). We fought Ragers(killing Geenaver together and me dying in the process, Sending Liurnya and Iborenn fleeing(Iborenn sending me fleeing in the process, so I didn't actually see him run)) and Imperials(Blitzenturg hit me hard. Ouch) together. And when Miaree dropped by to the Inn, it felt like she had brought a little piece of wilderness in with her.

Fungor

Miaree (Guest)Sat 30-Oct-04 02:23 PM

#32343, "RE: Goodbye Red Wizard!"
In response to Reply #14

Heh, yeah, sorry about that gime with Geenaver. I always keep assuming people will run quicker when they're getting beaten on so badly, thanks anyway. At least you remembered to get the hell out in the fights after that. I could've used a ninja sidekick more often.

Now you're the Old Guy of the Heralds, remember that you must complain often and loudly about "the young people" and how things were better "back in your day". Get yourself a pipe and a rocking chair.

Thalric (Guest)Sat 30-Oct-04 04:54 PM

#32349, "Fuzzy!"
In response to Reply #1

Finally time to take a skip around the corner, eh? You sure have stuck it out for a long time now and that at least shows it was a fun character to play. I had a blast around Miaree. From the time you showed me to Arvam's shrine to the day I walked out on you.
I admit, I felt a bit bad when I deleted but I was feeling something akin to what you said about only being able to play 200-hour characters.

Great job, the Inn will be a little emptier with the little fuzzy not sneaking in and out.

Take care, I had fun and hope you did too.

Toots

Thalric

Miaree (Guest)Sat 30-Oct-04 07:50 PM

#32352, "RE: Fuzzy!"
In response to Reply #21

I don't think there's a lot to say that I already haven't, Thalric was great. It was a lot of fun to "hook you up" with Arvam and so on, help you around and just generally hang out. We should've gone to dangerous places more often, acolyte shamans being pretty handy for a shifter to have around, though I still don't get it how did you manage to kill yourself with altruism that much. Maybe I just had way too much hp.

Anyway, see you around, chief.

Kedewyn (Guest)Thu 11-Nov-04 03:10 PM

#32573, "She remembered me!"
In response to Reply #1

I had fun trying to find foods you have never had before, but I don't think it ever happened. You knew quite a lot more areas than you let on I think and I had fun trying to find some of them with you. I am actually getting the itch to play again, but I don't know if I will. About to move into my own apartment for the first time so I am pretty excited about that.

Rixljyn (Guest)Tue 25-Jul-06 01:25 AM

#49540, "RE: Red Wizard is about to die! Oh wait, she just did."
In response to Reply #1

You're Welcome Can't believe that was a year and a half ago. Life gets busy and time flies. I may have to try playing CF again, I haven't had a chance to since Jynx.

Miaree was probably one of the most creative and fun characters I've ever seen. The action if great in CF, but there's nothing like the interaction between characters and interaction with Miaree was the greatest.

Yhorian (Guest)Wed 26-Jul-06 09:00 PM

#49584, "Definetly do."
In response to Reply #26

I'm considering Herald, they're great fun characters.

We need more.

Yhorian.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #32317 Previous topic | Next topic