Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Huntres..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26280
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 13-Apr-04 03:32 AM
Member since 17th May 2024
16855 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26280, "(DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Huntress, Daughter of the Harvest Moon"

Tue Apr 13 03:31:57 2004

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Nimuweh perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:195

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Hun..., Nimuweh (Guest), 13-Apr-04 10:22 PM, #9
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Hun..., Minya (Guest), 14-Apr-04 07:33 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Hun..., Sherman (Guest), 14-Apr-04 08:37 AM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Hun..., fheynd, 14-Apr-04 09:29 AM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Hun..., Nhiala (Guest), 13-Apr-04 06:56 PM, #8
Reply Sorry about all the snares -Lerrik. :), Bajula, 13-Apr-04 06:09 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Hun..., Amaranthe, 13-Apr-04 04:57 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Hun..., Nimuweh (Guest), 13-Apr-04 05:46 PM, #6
Reply Just a great character, Catastrophic, 13-Apr-04 01:09 PM, #2
Reply RE: Just a great character, Nimuweh (Guest), 13-Apr-04 02:59 PM, #4
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Hun..., Corvus (Guest), 13-Apr-04 01:03 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Hun..., Nimuweh (Guest), 13-Apr-04 01:41 PM, #3

Nimuweh (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 10:22 PM

#26329, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Hun..."
In response to Reply #0

I was talking with someone about what characters to play, and I was trying to think of a goodie to play that I haven't tried yet. Ranger was the only thing left that I had any interest in, and from this was born Nimuweh. The character concept was pretty simple, Nimuweh was William Wallace from Braveheart mixed with his wife Murran(sp). A freedom fighter (Maran) and a nature-lover (which won her over in the end) Her name was just a misspelling of Nimue from Arthurian tale. I really enjoyed her and the depth that lots of other people helped me be involved with.

I didn't write a role until I was level 51, and I believe that I was made Maran without a role. Nimuweh's character concept was very general and it was easy to identify and didn't really need many notes to the immortals in order to pick out why she did things. I can't stress it enough to newer players: a basic character concept it great if you can try to roleplay in a way to make it believable. It helps people around you to be better, and it makes your character more fun to play.

I didn't make it even to 200 hours this time. I used to be able to play a character to 500 hours or so, no problem. Nowadays, I can't play all that much and it seems like the world passes me by. C'est la vie.

Rangers: I didn't like this class. I was bored to tears at times. This boredom got me killed a in pk situations, but I didn't really mind, my role had me fighting a lot in situations where it was clear I was either going to lose, or die. I killed a few people, and scared a lot with snares at the Fortress. Rangers are too limited(tm). I agree with this. I like to explore, and being pretty darn useless outside of a forest wasn't helpful to the longevity of this character. I think that improvements should be made if the Immortals would like more hero rangers in the game, but if they like the current hero outlook: more power to them. On a side note, THANK YOU to the Immortals that added fashion spear and charge. It made me happy to wield a spear instead of a staff for some reason :p

Amaranthe: You are the best. Anyone wishing the best roleplaying session of their CF career NEEDS to make either an Amaranthe follower, or find some reason to talk to her. You are the best at using great emotes, and echoes, to make mundane situations seem realistic and magical. This is my third Amaranthe follower, second tattooed, and I have nothing but great things to say about you.

Vynmylak: You are a great Maran Imm. Thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to be a Maran and see what it was like to be a Maran in the new age of the Fortress. You were Nimuweh's patron God of the Light, and thank you for uninducting me with such a nice send-off. I hope you stick around for a long time, things can only be better with you around.

Shokai: I know you're around big guy. Thanks for that one short time we interacted, you are a CF legend

Andrlos: You were an absolute blast to be around. I gravitate towards the characters that have roleplaying turned 'on' at all times, and that's why I hung around you a lot. Ever since I met you in the shadow grove when I was level 20 or so. I am so happy you're an imm, very deserving. I hope you last a long time.

I knew so many mortals during my time that made my time a lot of fun. So many that I can only post small comments about all of you.

Travanth - Ranking partner most of my years. Wish you didn't disappear.

Lariya - Really strong. Wish our times coincided more.

Andrlos - My favorite player as a mortal. You were immersive and believable.

Malkhar - I really liked our understanding and differences.

Ghroth - You helped me to develop my Amaranthe-style roleplay with your interest.

Sastine - It's enjoyable to see the level of RP that you bring.

Sherman - You were an over the top trouble maker. You should have let me kill Deohrel.

Deohrel - My source of inner conflict, you were a coward and should have taken your medicine.

Therisa - I looked for you every time I was on, I wanted to develop our relationship.

Alynana - Same as you with Therisa. Good luck with Sunwarden.

Fheynd - Fiend?!!? What a bad name. But what a great character

Nhiala - Definition of an elf paladin. Great job.

Ecthael - Loved your willingness to fight and try something different.

Grurk - I hated you in character. You took every advantange you could. I guess that's how you wanted it.

Minya - I wanted so much to talk with you, but you either didn't seem to like me, or were just busy all the time. I know our ethos' were very different.

Gahlerikath - You were... um.. I guess scary? But lucky, too. I have a feeling that you knew some of your companions out of character.

Njaal - Not particularly scary per say, but a very persistant character. Well done.
Chasetrins - I wished you would have stuck it out!

Mairra - I loved your roleplay. Wish you would have stuck around

Corvus - My sweet little dwarf. You never had a chance with a proud highlander like Nimuweh :p

Alvariohn - Whirlpool man, you were fun.

Thanks to everyone, players and Immortals, for making CF fun.

Nimuweh, Nicolette, Arehanah, Rhowyn, etc.
Lerrik - Thanks for messing up all my snares!

Minya (Guest)Wed 14-Apr-04 07:33 AM

#26335, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Hun..."
In response to Reply #9

We only got that one chance to talk and it didn't get very far, unfortunately. I was always hoping you'd come back around so we could finish it, but I suppose neither of us was logged on much and it just never happened. Poo. Maybe next time. From what I did see in those few short minutes, very well done. I liked the camo/cower act when Velkurah popped in to make you all nervous, it was pretty much what I'd have expected one of the chaotic ethos to act around the big K and very funny to watch.

Sherman (Guest)Wed 14-Apr-04 08:37 AM

#26337, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Hun..."
In response to Reply #9

>Sherman - You were an over the top trouble maker. You should have let me kill Deohrel.

Heh thats what chaotic good should be IMHO trouble maker in most of the eyes And how you think I would feel IC if i would let you kill paladin, friend, fellow lightwalker and my teammate? Good luck with your next. Was fun

fheyndWed 14-Apr-04 09:29 AM
Member since 22nd Feb 2004
6 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26340, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Hun..."
In response to Reply #9

Heh, I actually never thought of that. Fheynd -> Fiend. Takes a deviant mind, I guess.

I'm waiting to see if the itch to play an elf bard returns before my character autodeletes (I really seem to suck), but I'm sorry that means I don't get to spend time with the cool characters I got to know with Fheynd. You were one of them, I liked hanging out with you for the brief time we were both heroes.

Nhiala (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 06:56 PM

#26323, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Hun..."
In response to Reply #0

I enjoyed being around Nimuweh, even though it wasn't very often.

BajulaTue 13-Apr-04 06:09 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
#26320, "Sorry about all the snares -Lerrik. :)"
In response to Reply #0

Very cool character all around.

AmarantheTue 13-Apr-04 04:57 PM
Member since 17th Mar 2003
536 posts
#26315, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Hun..."
In response to Reply #0

Aww, my favorite ranger. I was sorry to see you go inactive. It was a pleasure having you as a follower, and interacting with you in general. Hope to see you again in the 'fields.

Nimuweh (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 05:46 PM

#26318, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Hun..."
In response to Reply #5

Thank you so much Amaranthe, for all the interactions, the tattoo, and the title. You make my CF experience that much better, and I still consider you the most deciding factor (with Nicolette) in turning me from a decent roleplayer into a good one. I feel awfully guilty for going inactive after all that time you put into interacting with me. It was worth it, to me, and thank you again.

I'm an Amaranthe lifer, for certain. I'll go into why I went inactive in my goodbye note once I finish with it.

Nimuweh / Nicolette

CatastrophicTue 13-Apr-04 01:09 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
145 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#26300, "Just a great character"
In response to Reply #0

I'm suprised you only(only!?!?) had 195 hours, it seemed like a lot more.

You were very well roleplayed and seemed to know what you were doing in all aspects of the game. It was fun running around with you while I played Alvariohn and I hope our characters meet up again one day.

Much luck with the next.

==
You get 269938 gold coins from the corpse of Valguarnera.
==

Nimuweh (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 02:59 PM

#26306, "RE: Just a great character"
In response to Reply #2

Thanks very much, Whirlpool man. I liked Alvariohn too. One of the people that wouldn't mind travelling with a 'Ranger'. I'm sure we'll meet up again. I'm real sure of it.

Nimuweh

Corvus (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 01:03 PM

#26299, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Hun..."
In response to Reply #0

I think you did an amazing job with this character, and I am sorry to see it didn't work out as planned. I hope that you are busy with something else right now, because you definitely add a lot to CF as a whole. Well done!

Corvus

Nimuweh (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 01:41 PM

#26304, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Nimuweh Briarleaf the Highland Hun..."
In response to Reply #1

Thank you so much Corvus. You were really great, and the very reason why I decided not to go Outlander, even if I left the Fortress. There was no way I was going to give up my close friendships, even if you were a smelly crazy dwarf

Thanks again. I hope to see you again soon in another incarnation.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26280 Previous topic | Next topic