Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Drezulok the Spectre" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26239
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 12-Apr-04 11:28 AM
Member since 17th May 2024
16855 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26239, "(DELETED) [None] Drezulok the Spectre"

Mon Apr 12 11:24:38 2004

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Drezulok perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:252

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Question...., Agarah (Guest), 12-Apr-04 10:15 PM, #8
Reply You replacements. nt, Drezulok (Guest), 12-Apr-04 11:10 PM, #12
     Reply Ah cool. From what I heard about you. I thought you wou..., Agarah (Guest), 12-Apr-04 11:21 PM, #13
Reply Another one down..., Drezulok (Guest), 12-Apr-04 07:52 PM, #2
Reply RE: Another one down..., Lochzan, 12-Apr-04 08:17 PM, #3
Reply RE: Another one down..., Drezulok (Guest), 12-Apr-04 08:38 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Another one down..., Lochzan, 12-Apr-04 08:41 PM, #7
Reply We had a few good brawls..., Lathan (Guest), 12-Apr-04 08:30 PM, #4
Reply I hated..., Drezulok (Guest), 12-Apr-04 08:39 PM, #6
Reply RE: Another one down..., Baaleesha (Guest), 12-Apr-04 10:33 PM, #9
Reply Well..., Odrirg (Guest), 12-Apr-04 10:53 PM, #10
Reply A brief response..., Drezulok (Guest), 12-Apr-04 11:24 PM, #15
     Reply Now I understand, A former SMUG (Guest), 13-Apr-04 12:15 AM, #16
          Reply RE: Now I understand, Isildur, 13-Apr-04 12:45 AM, #17
          Reply You made me laugh. Thanks, I needed that. nt, Drezulok (Guest), 13-Apr-04 01:11 AM, #18
Reply RE: Another one down..., Velkurah, 12-Apr-04 10:54 PM, #11
Reply seconded, Baendraa (Guest), 13-Apr-04 04:13 AM, #20
Reply Sorry I missed you..., Drezulok (Guest), 13-Apr-04 10:13 AM, #24
Reply Or..., Drezulok (Guest), 13-Apr-04 03:49 PM, #29
     Reply RE: Or..., Straklaw, 13-Apr-04 04:15 PM, #31
     Reply Hey, close the window or you might lose the point., Drezulok (Guest), 13-Apr-04 05:22 PM, #32
     Reply There are always consequences for you actions., General_Malaise, 14-Apr-04 01:36 PM, #34
          Reply Your argument..., Drezulok (Guest), 14-Apr-04 05:58 PM, #36
Reply RE: Another one down..., Janakt (Guest), 12-Apr-04 11:23 PM, #14
Reply RE: Another one down..., Sostun (Guest), 13-Apr-04 01:17 AM, #19
Reply I know what you mean about Gradaelus, Baendraa (Guest), 13-Apr-04 04:17 AM, #21
Reply The more I think about it..., Drezulok (Guest), 13-Apr-04 10:17 AM, #25
     Reply I think you are right, Baendraa (Guest), 13-Apr-04 10:55 AM, #28
Reply RE: Another one down..., Paktoouf (Guest), 13-Apr-04 08:05 AM, #22
Reply Heh, Baldar (Guest), 13-Apr-04 08:41 AM, #23
Reply Oddly enough..., Drezulok (Guest), 13-Apr-04 10:20 AM, #26
Reply RE: Another one down..., Grurk Muouk, 13-Apr-04 10:48 AM, #27
Reply RE: Grurk, Drezulok (Guest), 13-Apr-04 03:59 PM, #30
Reply RE: Another one down..., Pombe (Guest), 14-Apr-04 12:13 PM, #33
     Reply Didn't know if I wanted you as an ally or a potential....., Drezulok (Guest), 14-Apr-04 05:54 PM, #35
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Drezulok the Spectre, Tulvaluthian (Guest), 12-Apr-04 01:49 PM, #1

Agarah (Guest)Mon 12-Apr-04 10:15 PM

#26265, "Question...."
In response to Reply #0

"I rolled the character when Agarah and Kelrizza were a part of the spire, thinking I was entering a cabal with competent leadership. I was wrong."

Is that a crack at Kelrizza and myself, or our replacements?

Drezulok (Guest)Mon 12-Apr-04 11:10 PM

#26269, "You replacements. nt"
In response to Reply #8

Agarah (Guest)Mon 12-Apr-04 11:21 PM

#26270, "Ah cool. From what I heard about you. I thought you wou..."
In response to Reply #12

Then I did. until I heard about the whole tat. I mean come on orderly with a tat of a god that would destory everything. Did seem right to me. I was hoping to hear how you rped it. but oh well. Best of luck

Drezulok (Guest)Mon 12-Apr-04 07:52 PM

#26259, "Another one down..."
In response to Reply #0

Hadn't played a necromancer in about 5 or so years, so I decided to try my luck with another. For the most part, I enjoyed playing the character, despite numerous occaisions when it became readily apparent that most of the playerbase lives with the impression that the mud revolves around them and their perspective. My biggest problem was the conflicting suggestions I received from various Imms/Mobs concerning how I should go about finishing what I started, and I don't think any of them coincided beyond the location I was supposed to seek for the becoming.

Players:

First and foremost, Janakt. Very well played, and an absolute thrill to fight, simply because you were one of the only players that offered me a significant challenge one on one. I didn't even bother logging the time I collected on your warrant, simply because I handled it as a matter of necessity and not something, I as a player, particularly enjoyed taking advantage of.

Kaplanov: Great character. Why you remain a magistrate when you are a significant part of Tribunal, I don't know. The Immortal involvement with the cabal is quite a bit more than lacking in regard to providing the cabal with competent, skilled leadership. I give you credit for remaining a part of it despite the weak leadership and even weaker "eldership."

Nynncynno: Always an enjoyment having you around. Most people that managed to irritate us ended up dead. I don't know if you knew that i had little respect for imperials, but your character was one of the few that I offered my respect to out of principal, and not merely recognition of the value of having allies.

Odrirg/Daemar: The former...should never have been a vindicator. You need to be competent to hunt, and as far as I saw, in a couple hundred hours in the Spire...you only left the city to hunt out of range criminals that you allowed your guards to slaughter. The latter...weak, on all fronts. I was tempted to kill you the moment I got into your range, but held off when some Imm or another called me to the Spire to promote me. After you booted me, I looked for you as often as I could, but never once saw you outside of the cities, and wasn't foolish enough to allow myself to get wanted and manacled..

Nilki: Keep on keepin on. A deserving vindicator, much more so than the few fools who were elected to positions above your own current one. Hopefully some Tribunal Imms come to their senses and stop promoting clueless fools. I rolled the character when Agarah and Kelrizza were a part of the spire, thinking I was entering a cabal with competent leadership. I was wrong.

Mulshinay: Consider yourself fortunate.

Lochzan: An impressive character, but you lost all of my character's respect by whining to Daemar like a petulant child. As I stated above, the game extends far beyond the limited perspective of your character.

Grurk: I was pissed when you Immorted, simply because it marked the end of competent abitlity within the spire, in the hero ranges.

Empire: Talabrina, kudos. Drudental, you need to learn patience.

Gulthruck: Thanks.

Yanacek: Thanks.

Others: Tulvaluthian, post the log of that gank against me? So much for anti-magic shield preventing magical attacks, though I was prepared for the iceneedles. Had I had a clue that my preps were insufficient, I probably would have used the 3 gazillion rods you looted from me. I think I tried near 8-9 different preps, items, etc, to avoid neuro, but as you bore witness, none of them worked. None. Also, landing spells against a well geared invoker with a 4 rank advantage was a bitch, and might have factored in my inability to resist the neuro's thrown at me by Gradaelus and a few others.

Jyslin: A good allie, and a fun enemy. Summoning you was more a matter of making a preemptive defensive strike (having just fought the fortress) than an attempt to betray your trust. I tried to reinforce that later, when I had Pombe to myself, but at that point, I don't think you had any interest in what predicated the previous circumstances. Much the same as my comments to Tulvaluthian, landing spells against a well geared healer with 4 ranks was just a bitch. Well done, and luck in the future.

I'm sure there are others who I killed/mouthed off to/travelled with, but I don't feel like sitting here typing anything else, so thanks for the interactions.

Drezulok/Cartherlen

LochzanMon 12-Apr-04 08:17 PM
Member since 24th Mar 2004
58 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26260, "RE: Another one down..."
In response to Reply #2

Whining to Daemar? Since you weren't there I don't think you know what happened. Odrirg and Daemar had been talking about you for a while. I was asked there and told to talk about you. So I told them about our conversation. I was never asked wether you should be kicked or not, nor did I recomend it.

On the other hand it was pretty apperant to me that your char was goina be kicked, which I told Khas before hand. That little RP you got at the Inn with Sastine was likely thanks to me. I fugured if you werent goina be in the spire you may as well still be useful to me.

So round and round we go back to the original question. What whining are you refering to? Curiosity will kill me one of these days.

Drezulok (Guest)Mon 12-Apr-04 08:38 PM

#26262, "RE: Another one down..."
In response to Reply #3

On the other hand it was pretty apperant to me that your char was goina be kicked, which I told Khas before hand. That little RP you got at the Inn with Sastine was likely thanks to me. I fugured if you werent goina be in the spire you may as well still be useful to me.

Thanks to you? *shrug* Perhaps, perhaps not. That RP occurred well before I ever had any interaction with you, whatsoever. That you were completely unaware of the fact that I had spoken with him at all was indicitive of this, as well as the added fact that my interactions with you did not begin until some time after I had spent any significant amount of time in your presence. If you took an interest in my character that early, then maybe, though I cannot fathom what interest you would have had in my character previous to any interactions we had. I would appreciate Khaso's input concerning that. As for our "conversations..."

None of them were ever conversations that revealed anything beyond was was readily apparent by sight and game knowledge. I never provided anyone other than one young character that sought me out, with any information pertaining to anything concerning my characters views. If you disagree with this, feel free to post what logs you have. Looking through mine, I see only your input based on a lot of assumption and very little else. Rest assured, I'll post them to see what others think, though I'll tell you now it is readily apparent that my thoughts concerning our "conversations" are quite accurate.

LochzanMon 12-Apr-04 08:41 PM
Member since 24th Mar 2004
58 posts
#26264, "RE: Another one down..."
In response to Reply #5

Our conversations werent the main focus of my post. Nor was the thing with Khaso, was just mentioning it. Would prefer posting conversations waited till after I deleted but hardly matters.

Anyways, was a good character, luck with your next.

Lathan (Guest)Mon 12-Apr-04 08:30 PM

#26261, "We had a few good brawls..."
In response to Reply #2

Enjoyed every bit of it. Not much for talking between us, but there's nothing I hate more than a spectre who knows whats going on. You definitly knew what was what. Well done, and good luck on the next.

Lathan

Drezulok (Guest)Mon 12-Apr-04 08:39 PM

#26263, "I hated..."
In response to Reply #4

one particular brawl I had against you on the eastern road. My groupmates waited until the last minute to focus on you, leaving me to handle you alone for the most part of the fight, and I was getting spanked, soundly. Well done, and I certainly enjoyed our fights.

Baaleesha (Guest)Mon 12-Apr-04 10:33 PM

#26266, "RE: Another one down..."
In response to Reply #2

Enjoyed watching you pre-spectre. You whooped some butt. I am going to try a necro some time. I wish I could have interacted more with you.

Odrirg (Guest)Mon 12-Apr-04 10:53 PM

#26267, "Well..."
In response to Reply #2

The former...should never have been a vindicator. You need to be competent to hunt, and as far as I saw, in a couple hundred hours in the Spire...you only left the city to hunt out of range criminals that you allowed your guards to slaughter.

All I can say is that I believe that your view of my time as Vindicator might, just perhaps, be slightly skewed by your pre-concieved notions of my worth or personality as a character...or even a player. I'm sorry you felt that way, and I don't believe it is entirely accurate of how I conducted myself as a Vindicator.

It was blatantly obvious that you as a player knew what you were doing technically in your class and in your rp.

But I will stand by Odrirg the character's decision to react as he did to you as consistent with Odrirg's history, his personality, his role within the Spire, and Drezulok's apparent personality, character, and goals.

I apologize for the tone of my next statement, and I've tried to stay out of any of these forum-schoolyard "I don't like you...no I don't like you" threads... but I've found that I just want to say this....

I, the player(opposed to Odrirg the character), am not entirely surprised at the acid tone and self-important feeling of your posts recently. Unfortunately, I find similar "sounding" posts recently from many players who have a hard time seperating ooc and ic opinions of others and their worths as human beings/characters in a mud. All I can say is to offer up some genuine advice to "let go" and just play the game as a game. You might find more enjoyment from the experience.

Drezulok (Guest)Mon 12-Apr-04 11:24 PM

#26272, "A brief response..."
In response to Reply #10

my posted opinions were a reflection not of you, as a player, but your character and the standards by which they are 'supposedly' judged concerning the position to attained. Simply put, I, as a character and a player, found your character lacking, severely. The rp was certainly exquisite, and I immensely enjoyed the conversation we had at one point, concerning my becoming. However, as it is not simply an RP-only mud, my opinion extends beyond that. If I come across as tooting my own horn, then so be it. That's not going to stop me from posting my opinion, and I truly hope my post was devoid of any particularly inflamatory insult.

A former SMUG (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 12:15 AM

#26274, "Now I understand"
In response to Reply #15

Having read through most of your posts I realise that it is basically a copy of what SMUG were writing years ago. Your delusion of grandeur makes bile rise up into my throat. I understand why we were so unpopular, I just hope you understand why you are too. I guess one of the main differences between you and me is that I was happy to admit when I was wrong, you just go off your trolley. The sooner you realise that everything you do and say is not gospel the better.

Don't bother responding to this unless you do so with a clear head and solid argument (which I unfortunately think is beyond you).

IsildurTue 13-Apr-04 12:45 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#26276, "RE: Now I understand"
In response to Reply #16

For all that Cartherlen and/or his characters usually end up irritating me and/or my characters, he seems capable of basic logic.

Ergo, if he says Odrirg can't PK his way out of a wet paper bag, maybe he really can't. Personally I don't think that's a huge deal. Maybe he's new. Maybe that's not what he gets his jollies doing.

Drezulok (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 01:11 AM

#26277, "You made me laugh. Thanks, I needed that. nt"
In response to Reply #16

/

VelkurahMon 12-Apr-04 10:54 PM
Member since 29th Jan 2004
119 posts
#26268, "RE: Another one down..."
In response to Reply #2

You seemed like a good Trib in the times I watched you. It was fairly obvious from a ways out though that you were building up to being uninducted, especially when you got the tattoo of the god of annihilation.

I'm not sure why you were surprised that you got uninducted when you took every opportunity to argue, fight and disagree with the leadership. There are no Equal Opportunity Employment Laws in Thera, and no ACLU to protect workers rights from bosses that don't like them. I could have seen making hating the Spire and the leaders an intentional part of your roleplay, but you seem to have taken it personally instead, which is unfortunate.

I'm not going to go into any of your accusations, aside from saying that you're making snap judgements based only on what you saw from your limited perspective. To quote someone (you), "As I stated above, the game extends far beyond the limited perspective of your character."

Good luck with your next.

Velk

Baendraa (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 04:13 AM

#26281, "seconded"
In response to Reply #11

As a player, I respected the way you handled Drezulok. As a character, I was not keen on him being in the Spire, and I did work to impede your progress where I could. There were two reasons. Mainly, I didn't want the resources of the Spire being divided between two necromancers trying to lich. (You didn't seem like the kind of guy who would help me after you'd liched, if you liched before I did. Disclaimer: don't read this as me saying I will.)

Your abrasive attitude gave me the opening I needed with many of the tribs. (This is probably partly because, as someone said, some can't separate ooc and ic issues and likely took personal offense in rl at you riding roughshod over them.) Whether this actually had any part to play in you getting booted from the spire, I don't know. ooc, I thought at first that getting booted for a lack of respect is overkill, but then I thought about the other reasons people might want you out and it seemed to make sense. However, every time you slapped someone down on the cabal channel I was rubbing my hands in glee over it.

You might be asking yourself why I did this when you'd tried to save my life in the past? I figured that you probably only tried to help because you stood to gain (you wanted to be a trib) from me at that stage. When you got tatted by Zurcon, I decided that our objectives probably were not very complementary and thus that you probably wouldn't be as helpful in the future. Had you been in danger from a criminal, I'd have done what I could to save you, and I was happy to help you regear when it tied in with what I wanted done. However, I was always aware that you were, in many senses, a rival, and one I didn't really trust.

When it comes down to it, characters will have their enemies and their friends. If you talk down to them, they are more likely to become your enemies. I felt you always treated me well enough, but I also felt that it was only to get what you wanted from me. That's fine, but even as an evil character I'm still more likely to like those who help me out of friendship than those who do it just to use me.

All said, I figured you would probably lich in time.

Who are the new leaders by the way? I can't log on for a week and have been away for nearly a week too.

Drezulok (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 10:13 AM

#26291, "Sorry I missed you..."
In response to Reply #20

in my farewell. You pretty much hit the nail on the head, concerning my approach towards you, and I had assumed yours towards me. That is to be expected. Drezulok didn't have any friends, and of course only bothered to save you because he knew it would bode well for him becoming a part of the spire. I understand perfectly well the stance you took concerning him, and really don't have any argument against it. When I roll a character, and fashion out a role for it before I ever begin playing, I tend to stick to what it is that the role predicates. In this instance, it wasn't compatible with what a lot of other people wanted, and it showed. Best of luck to you, in your endeavors with your character.

Drezulok (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 03:49 PM

#26309, "Or..."
In response to Reply #11

my conclusions were drawn up by more than merely my own perspective. As I have no desire to reveal names, you've the choice of taking my word for it, or not. Rest assured, however, that my stated opinions do not reflect just my own limited perspective, but the limited perspective of a number of people I interacted with during the characters duration.

As for 'building up to being uninducted'

I don't necessarily think that's the case, though I won't say it wasn't, either. I was encouraged to express myself (either by you, or whichever Imm represented the executioner at the time of my promotion) and maintain the diversity of the cabal. As there were no evils in leadership, my views tended to be heavily frowned upon, if not seen as outright insults/insubordination. Maybe that's the result of how I chose to word what I had to say, though I think the circumstances provided within the log I posted on Dioxide's forum truly spoke for itself.

As for having a tattoo of a god of annihilation... I have always taken the word of the Immortals, concerning the freedom of roleplay, so long as the idea was not so farfetched as to extend into the realm of impossibility. I capitalized on what I saw as an oppertunity, and found that the supposedly unbiased Imm-staff (not any specific Imm, visible, representing their respective religion/cabal) frowned(s) upon my attempt to incorporate diversity into my cabal and my character. I've always been told not to fight the current, but go with it. I suppose I will refrain from making any further attempts to create diverse characters, and instead roll up a bunch more of my absent-minded PK only characters to ensure I end up generating the appropriate pleasure for the Immortals*.

* This is not a rant against all of the Imm-staff. It is, however, a rant directed towards the Imms that say one thing, and do another. Please inform me if evidence concerning this is needed, and I will do my best to oblige.

StraklawTue 13-Apr-04 04:15 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#26311, "RE: Or..."
In response to Reply #29

>As for having a tattoo of a god of annihilation... I have
>always taken the word of the Immortals, concerning the freedom
>of roleplay, so long as the idea was not so farfetched as to
>extend into the realm of impossibility. I capitalized on what
>I saw as an oppertunity, and found that the supposedly
>unbiased Imm-staff (not any specific Imm, visible,
>representing their respective religion/cabal) frowned(s) upon
>my attempt to incorporate diversity into my cabal and my
>character. I've always been told not to fight the current,
>but go with it. I suppose I will refrain from making any
>further attempts to create diverse characters, and instead
>roll up a bunch more of my absent-minded PK only characters to
>ensure I end up generating the appropriate pleasure for the
>Immortals*.
>
>* This is not a rant against all of the Imm-staff. It is,
>however, a rant directed towards the Imms that say one thing,
>and do another. Please inform me if evidence concerning this
>is needed, and I will do my best to oblige.

Not to be too harsh against you, Drezulok, but something I think alot of people still don't always catch is that good roleplaying is not all rewards and goodies. It's like RL. Some of the best traits show themselves through adversity. I doubt any Immortal will ever work to detriment a character because your character is being different, but they still have THEIR characters to play, and they have to act their parts as well. Look on the boards, at how many people always read about someone deleting and say "Wow, shame you gave up once you hit some hard spot. Would have been cool if you'd stuck with it."

Anyways, just my 2 cents.

Drezulok (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 05:22 PM

#26317, "Hey, close the window or you might lose the point."
In response to Reply #31

I'm more than familiar with the concept of 'playing your way through adversity,' and this wasn't one of those instances. The character was out and out rejected for the character, not because of tattooes/religions/imm-applied restrictions/titles. Also, the character wasn't deleted because I 'hit a hard spot' that I could have surmounted 'had I stuck with it.' I deleted for my own reasons.

General_MalaiseWed 14-Apr-04 01:36 PM
Member since 26th Mar 2004
63 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26346, "There are always consequences for you actions."
In response to Reply #29

>As for having a tattoo of a god of annihilation... I have
>always taken the word of the Immortals, concerning the freedom
>of roleplay, so long as the idea was not so farfetched as to
>extend into the realm of impossibility. I capitalized on what
>I saw as an oppertunity, and found that the supposedly
>unbiased Imm-staff (not any specific Imm, visible,
>representing their respective religion/cabal) frowned(s) upon
>my attempt to incorporate diversity into my cabal and my
>character. I've always been told not to fight the current,
>but go with it. I suppose I will refrain from making any
>further attempts to create diverse characters, and instead
>roll up a bunch more of my absent-minded PK only characters to
>ensure I end up generating the appropriate pleasure for the
>Immortal.

I'm amazed at how casually you take being tattooed by the god of ****ANNIHILATION****.

Think about it.

You've associated yourself with a force that represents something worse than what the Outlanders represent to Tribunal, was intentionally disrespectful to your superiors, and you didn't expect any negative reprecussions from this???

That's like someone joining the police force, becomming a member of an anarchist death-cult, carving a pentagram on their forehead, being a jerk to their superiors, and then wondering why the heck they got fired.

You seem to be intelligent, though just a *tad* curt. I can't believe you never made the connection.

Freedom of action/rp doesn't mean freedom from consequences, negative as well as positive.

(Yes, I know anarchists are considered chaotic, but historically the actual anarchist movement was quite orderly and organized in their plans for destruction and it was the best RL example I could think of quickly.)

Drezulok (Guest)Wed 14-Apr-04 05:58 PM

#26354, "Your argument..."
In response to Reply #34

reminds me of the history of the Illuminati, also the first real 'satanic' cult, though their practices had absolutely nothing to do with what many would connect with the name. As far as your argument goes...there's a hell of a lot more involved with that tattoo, and the god behind it, than anyone seems to care to observe. I would say, at this point, that until you've researched it, and provided yourself with a solid foundation of knowledge concerning the character I played, and the information accessible concerning the god known as Zurcon, that you hold off passing judgement.

Janakt (Guest)Mon 12-Apr-04 11:23 PM

#26271, "RE: Another one down..."
In response to Reply #2

>Players:
>
>First and foremost, Janakt. Very well played, and an absolute
>thrill to fight, simply because you were one of the only
>players that offered me a significant challenge one on one. I
>didn't even bother logging the time I collected on your
>warrant, simply because I handled it as a matter of necessity
>and not something, I as a player, particularly enjoyed taking
>advantage of.

Well, I must say I always hate it when a worthy foe dies off, and it seems all my favorites are vanishing. I'm glad you enjoyed our fights, though admittedly I'm much better set up for a fight against necromancers than various others. There's also a reason as to what's causing your comments about what I do better than even Jinroh, if you remember that. If you're really interested, I'll tell you the secret about it too. And as for killing me...such happens. As a Tribunal, it's your duty and you take whatever means you have to, to get the job done. If the opportunity presents itself, there's no reason to take advantage of it. It's just those characters who ONLY fight in those situations that I don't like, which obviously you weren't. Until the next time any of our various character's meet...I look forward to it. *salute*

Sostun (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 01:17 AM

#26278, "RE: Another one down..."
In response to Reply #2

Sorry to see you go, Sostun actually looked up to you as one of the more competent tribunals. We didn't get as much time to talk as I would have liked. I apologize for hesitating when you asked me for shields, but there was no information as to why you were kicked out or how we should act towards you. So I had to ask Daemar whether you were considered an enemy, when he said no, you had already left town before I could shield. Ah well. I wish you would have stuck it out and liched, I think you would have made a fearsome lich. Good luck on your next.

Sostun Su'well

Baendraa (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 04:17 AM

#26282, "I know what you mean about Gradaelus"
In response to Reply #2

I had great saves vs spells and paralyzation and Gradaelus just froze me solid. I couldn't believe I lost to him using nothing but neuro when I was so well geared. (I actually got killed by Lariya but I think I would have died to Gradaelus even if Lariya wasn't there.)

Drezulok (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 10:17 AM

#26292, "The more I think about it..."
In response to Reply #21

the more I begin to wonder if the disadvantage isn't really more rank-based than saves. I'm certain saves are a significant factor, but when I look at tranny logs concerning heros, more often than not the disruptions don't impact the fight nearly as much as they do against a mage 4 ranks under the tranny. It's really hard to guage, as I haven't fought a tranny at hero in quite some time. My next character or two will experiment further, just to see if this may have been a factor.

Baendraa (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 10:55 AM

#26296, "I think you are right"
In response to Reply #25

Because I've fought a arcanes a number of times, and those I had ranks on weren't too dangerous (except when I was fighting their inner guardian without protections), whilst Gradaelus just ripped me a new one. Same set of gear and comparable affects in each case.

Paktoouf (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 08:05 AM

#26287, "RE: Another one down..."
In response to Reply #2

Very much enjoyed fighting you. For the most part, you sent me packing a lot, but at least I had a few moments against you.

Baldar (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 08:41 AM

#26288, "Heh"
In response to Reply #2

No goodbyes for your favorite punchbag ? I just hate it when you have necros 9 ranks higher in your pkrange

Drezulok (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 10:20 AM

#26293, "Oddly enough..."
In response to Reply #23

I enjoyed my encounters with you, not because they tended to be resolved in my favor, but because there was an underlying RP there that I never ran into with any other characters. I don't know if it was a mutual respect thing, or what, but for some reason both the player and character abhorred leaving you at a disadvantage dealing with others in your pk range, so I more often than not tried to get your items back to you. I wish there'd been a bit more RP behind our interactions, but I recognize by the hundreds of tells I received concerning your various locations that you were quite active in your hunt against imperials and other evils. Best of luck to you.

Grurk MuoukTue 13-Apr-04 10:47 AM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26295, "RE: Another one down..."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Tue 13-Apr-04 10:48 AM

Grurk: I was pissed when you Immorted, simply because it marked the end of competent abitlity within the spire, in the hero ranges.

Thanks for the kind words.

I really really really liked Drezulok. Grurk is a stuffy, officious bastard most the time, so sometimes it doesn't show like I'd like.

Favorite, and also profetic log involving Drezulok:

Empress of Modan tells me Imperials are not welcome in her palace.

Drezulok says to you 'They have been informed of their transgressions, yet they persist?'

(The other Magistrates cannot find the palace)

Drezulok whispers to you 'Should have him learn this city, better. It does not bode well to have him asking me to come lead him about, sir.'

You whisper to Drezulok 'One crisis at a time.'

Grurk: The Empress is in distress.

Delrami: What be wrong wit da Empress.

Delrami: Ye be slayen da Empress?

Drezulok rolls his eyes, disgusted.

Drezulok: No.

Grurk: Delrami, can you not see the Imperials within the Palace?

Drezulok peers at you intently.

Grurk: Why do you retreat?

Delrami: Why I be carren iffen dem be slayen da Empress?

Drezulok growls

Drezulok: I would imagine the first thing you should be doing is paying particular regard to the hierarchy of the spire.

Drezulok clamps a hand over his mouth.

Right here, I knew someday your mouth would lead you to trouble,
it just being a matter of when and how. I secretly admired the idea
of an ireverent Magistrate, and wanted to see how well you could play
it out.

But being a stuffy horse's ass

You glare icily at him.

You say 'Mind your position.'

End log.

Anyways, I was a bit dispointed how it all turned out, as I'm sure
you could tell from our conversations. You definately had some
promise.

Wish you luck on your next.

Grurk

Drezulok (Guest)Tue 13-Apr-04 03:59 PM

#26310, "RE: Grurk"
In response to Reply #27

During our last conversation, and the one where I was removed from the Spire, I wondered how much you thought back on what occurred in Seantryn that day. I kinda of figured my loud mouth was going to cause problems for me, but the role I wrote was the role I wanted to play, so I can't say I was particularly surprised by the way things turned out. I suppose my expectations of others were a bit to high? Regardless, I definitely enjoyed the interactions I had with Grurk.

Pombe (Guest)Wed 14-Apr-04 12:13 PM

#26345, "RE: Another one down..."
In response to Reply #2

I think killing you (even though you were far from prepared for it) was one of my most satisfying cf moments. After you ganged me with Imperials on eastern.. I just wanted to cut your head off OOC =) Nice game isn't it?

Anyway, you seemd to be doing a great job.. see you on the fields.

Pombe

Drezulok (Guest)Wed 14-Apr-04 05:54 PM

#26353, "Didn't know if I wanted you as an ally or a potential....."
In response to Reply #33

re-equip victim. As we never really did anything together, save for aiding Jyslin in Whistlewood, Drezulok was fairly indifferent, and capitalized on an oppertunity when it arose. I couldn't even be pissed at you when you killed me, I certainly deserved it. Luck to you on your next, as well.

Tulvaluthian (Guest)Mon 12-Apr-04 01:49 PM

#26245, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Drezulok the Spectre"
In response to Reply #0

Enjoyed our fights, think the final score was 0-0 for solo fights, and a group of us got you another time. Good luck with the next, I enjoyed our talks as well.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26239 Previous topic | Next topic