Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Brulig the Weaponsmaster" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25525
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 19-Mar-04 03:08 PM
Member since 05th May 2024
16829 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25525, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Brulig the Weaponsmaster"

Fri Mar 19 14:05:34 2004

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Brulig perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:211

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Goodbyes, Brulig (Guest), 19-Mar-04 05:51 PM, #2
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Qirinor (Guest), 19-Mar-04 06:05 PM, #4
Reply heh, Lets just say I had a long conversation with an im..., Dryzzel, 19-Mar-04 06:50 PM, #5
Reply Just one small note., Brulig (Guest), 19-Mar-04 07:37 PM, #6
     Reply perhaps, but Searing cut is a maran weapon type. so..., Dryzzel, 19-Mar-04 07:46 PM, #7
          Reply RE: perhaps, but Searing cut is a maran weapon type. so..., Lazy (Guest), 22-Mar-04 08:52 PM, #18
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Dindon, 19-Mar-04 10:50 PM, #8
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Sherman (Guest), 19-Mar-04 11:59 PM, #9
Reply Speaking russian IS ooc., LazyDrekten (Guest), 20-Mar-04 12:48 AM, #10
Reply Valg, Master of the Obvious, says:, Valguarnera, 20-Mar-04 02:08 AM, #12
Reply RE: Valg, Master of the Obvious, says:, Sherman (Guest), 21-Mar-04 02:24 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Valg, Master of the Obvious, says:, Valguarnera, 21-Mar-04 02:30 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Valg, Master of the Obvious, says:, Sandello, 22-Mar-04 07:08 PM, #17
Reply so how did you know who to speak Russian to?, incognito, 22-Mar-04 04:23 PM, #16
Reply I am glad that you enjoyed the character, DrokkNimrod (Guest), 20-Mar-04 01:07 AM, #11
Reply You were fun to fight., Keiigrahv (Guest), 21-Mar-04 06:08 PM, #15
Reply Phew, Lochzan (Guest), 19-Mar-04 05:26 PM, #1
     Reply Yep., Brulig (Guest), 19-Mar-04 05:53 PM, #3

Brulig (Guest)Fri 19-Mar-04 05:51 PM

#25532, "Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Had a blast, thanks for the induction, a shame my characters usually burn out ~ 200 hours. Why mute.. I honestly can't remember anymore. I remember one reason was that my past characters tended to talk a lot, so I thought I'd shut myself up for a change. Kinda funny running into a drow rager mute, I thought I was so unique (Though I'm sure other, more memorable mutes spring to mind). About 50 hours into the Fortress I realized I could CB, but a stern echo quickly ended that, though I could still use the Fortress channel (Usually a string of .'s when important things happened). Being a mute isn't the barrel of laughs you'd think, from getting blackjacked a room away from some big raid and having to tossturn my communiques to poking, nudging and pointing incessantly to my cabalmates when there were 50 imperials a stone's throw away. A big regret is not developing my character past 'Ok, I'm a mute, so what' and I had little lasting personality past shrugs nods and shakes and armfolds. Lots of little things here or there that you probably don't care about, so let's get to the real reason you're here: hardcore nudi-err, the goodbyes. If you're not mentioned, you're not important enough to my character to remember, I don't like you, or I forgot, so reply and take your chances.

Imms:

Obaznuk: You're a great bird, thanks for the talks.

Scarabaeus: Thanks for the chance but after some talks, I figured it wasn't such a great idea to, um, hang out with demons and devils as a Maran.

FortressInductor: Thanks for the chance.

"Friends":

Lariya, Jaegrudai: Thanks for the talks, advice, induction. Lariya, sorry for burning your clothing. I ran around with your pendant for a day before I died, and we left that place with a little parting gift at least.

Sevelius/Kalidan/ElfInvokerLongName: Go team? Keep on trucking.

Hykroln/Jaella: You two were my brother/sister-types when you were around, it was always fun travelling with both of you. Hykroln, from your goodbye you said you weren't too sure of your actions but from what I remember you fought like a champ.

Sherman: I normally wouldn't mention someone like you, but your obvious OOC comments to your 'friends' in russian did not go unnoticed. Hopefully I'm not the only one.

Corvus/SomeOtherDwarves: You've got the heritage down, nice roleplaying.

Vorondel: You're a calm, collective and logical character, and were a great boon to the Fortress for 900 hours. Next character I role will try to make it past the Trothon gates.

Various Inn folk, Ghroth, Quirinor, Verv: You all interacted with Brulig at one point or another and made it memorable, thanks for the experiences.

Dohni: I never did understand why you were so happy to see me all the time, but you helped me out every now and then so thanks.

"Enemies":

Dryzzel: You must have felt somewhat cheated or upset at Balator, but you should know it was a pure stroke of luck. I was having bad connection problems on the way to the Palace, and ducked into the Temple in case I had to quit out and re-connect. Well I did, and when I came back, you popped in. Thank my 112 wpm for that. Otherwise, you scared the crap out of me, so good job.

Yanacek: Your character is simply the top tier of players that I've had the 'pleasure' of interacting with. Awesome character.

Baendra: I hope you realized that what you walked in on was Brulig expressing his thoughts to an omniscient being, and that you as a mortal should not be privvy to them.

Jinroh: You get the award for longest adrenaline rush from that little jog we took from Balator to Blidgenstone. Good character, good job.

Drokk: You're up there for adrenaline rushes and scaring the crap out of me.

Kwalin, Etarekoth: You're both fearsome enemies to have, nice job. Etarekoth, it's as if you were raised in that Tower from all the junk you carried. You might enjoy knowing I was about to board ST airlines courtesy of Scion right before we, um, bumped into each other 15 minutes later.

I can't really think of any others, so reply and I'll respond. As always, thanks to the entire Immstaff for their hard work and time.

Qirinor (Guest)Fri 19-Mar-04 06:05 PM

#25534, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

I always enjoyed running in to you. It was quite a challenge. I kept tying to find you while I was still ranking, but without being able to ask you where you were...well, it's a big world. Wish I could've interacted a bit more. Sorry to see you go.

Good luck with the next, etc, etc.

DryzzelFri 19-Mar-04 06:50 PM
Member since 04th Nov 2003
68 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25538, "heh, Lets just say I had a long conversation with an im..."
In response to Reply #2

I was very pissed. Because number one, wether or not you had a bad connection, you doing that allowed you to keep your fire axes which is what did me in so fast. I was "beyond" pissed. now, did I do everything I could have, no, but I did feel very cheated to have that happen. All i knew was one of hte imperials saw you in balator, reported hwere, so I knew what you were up to. THen they find me in the past, attack me for a bit, and all run. Then you guys start to raid, I do a who, your not there, then I recall, and bam, guess who is at the altar. Needless to say, I thought it was pretty poor. I understand your excuse, but in the same sense, I still feel like its crap, because you went there for that express purpose, to get me, and you left, bad connection or not. Sorry man, just my feelings. I like Brulig for awhile, but that put a very sour note on my feelings toward you.

Dryzzel

Brulig (Guest)Fri 19-Mar-04 07:37 PM

#25544, "Just one small note."
In response to Reply #5

..I'll avoid your general complaints because, to me, they are completely unfounded. The point I'd like to make is that my weapons were NOT Maran weapons, which I'm sure you could have noticed, since you posted a log of it to an unofficial forum. I really don't feel there's anything else to discuss, so I'll just wish you luck with your next character and move on.

DryzzelFri 19-Mar-04 07:46 PM
Member since 04th Nov 2003
68 posts
#25545, "perhaps, but Searing cut is a maran weapon type. so..."
In response to Reply #6

You could see why I would think this.

Lazy (Guest)Mon 22-Mar-04 08:52 PM

#25665, "RE: perhaps, but Searing cut is a maran weapon type. so..."
In response to Reply #7

Searing cut is fire damage, searing light is maran weapon damamge type.

DindonFri 19-Mar-04 10:50 PM
Member since 01st Dec 2003
45 posts
#25556, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

I knew you as Hykroln and you were my idol, in character and ooc too. I heard some people bitch about you ganging, and surely you and most other fort players have, Hykroln included but I don't think I ever saw you shy away from a fight. You ate some mean deaths just like Hyk and you dealt out some nice ones too. My funnest times were running around at like 5 in the morning (my time) when I had class in like 4 hours and I hadn't slept yet, but the empire had the orb so we weren't about to quit out. It was great fun. You hinted that your roleplay was drab or boring, but I thought it was pretty good, I had a good sense of what you were trying to say at most times...
Anyway, I wish I knew what happened with you and Scarabaeus...that would've made for some messed up roleplay I think.
Well good luck with your next, it's players like you that keep things fun. I rolled up a pally to run with you but i'll have to go at it alone.

Sherman (Guest)Fri 19-Mar-04 11:59 PM

#25558, "RE: Goodbyes"
In response to Reply #2

>Sherman: I normally wouldn't mention someone like you, but
>your obvious OOC comments to your 'friends' in russian did not
>go unnoticed. Hopefully I'm not the only one.

If you know Russian then you know that I never ever made any OOC comments in it. Whatever I said was IC even if in Russian. And make sure if you claim something in a future you have facts to back it.

LazyDrekten (Guest)Sat 20-Mar-04 12:48 AM

#25561, "Speaking russian IS ooc."
In response to Reply #9

In case you hadn't noticed...theres no mother Russia in Thera.
Though I'd have to think those cool fluffy hats would give +dex to be able to do that squaty dance thingie.

In soviet russia fluffy hat wears you!

ValguarneraSat 20-Mar-04 02:08 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25563, "Valg, Master of the Obvious, says:"
In response to Reply #9

1) If several people are in your group, it doesn't make sense that some can understand what you're saying, and others cannot. IC, you all speak the same language. It's the same reason why those irritating scripts that translate speech into "dark-elf" or whatever make no sense IC.

2) If you aren't in contact with these other people OOC, how do you know who to speak Russian to?

3) You're expected to converse in English on CF if only for the simple reason that the staff needs to know if you are within our rules, and we can't tell if you're speaking Russian.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Sherman (Guest)Sun 21-Mar-04 02:24 PM

#25621, "RE: Valg, Master of the Obvious, says:"
In response to Reply #12

>1) If several people are in your group, it doesn't make sense that >some can understand what you're saying, and others cannot. IC, you >all speak the same language. It's the same reason why those >irritating scripts that translate speech into "dark-elf" or >whatever make no sense IC.

IC in Thera there is clearly more then one language ie yells from blademasters gloves so it does make perfect IC sence that you know some language someone may be dont. (just IMHO)

>2) If you aren't in contact with these other people OOC, how do you know who to speak Russian to?

if you see someone with clearly russian name or is you see warcry in russian then it would tell something to you would not it?

ValguarneraSun 21-Mar-04 02:30 PM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25622, "RE: Valg, Master of the Obvious, says:"
In response to Reply #13

it does make perfect IC sence that you know some language someone may be dont.

No, it doesn't. I'm telling you how the rules have been enforced in the past as a courtesy.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

SandelloMon 22-Mar-04 07:08 PM
175 posts
#25664, "RE: Valg, Master of the Obvious, says:"
In response to Reply #13

>IC in Thera there is clearly more then one language ie yells
>from blademasters gloves so it does make perfect IC sence that
>you know some language someone may be dont. (just IMHO)

Well, it actually does not make that much sense IC. For example, how would you explain IC that omnipotent immortals don't understand you? Second, even if it did make sense IC, it does not mean that you can do it. E.g. it can make sense IC that one of the PCs is your brother, but it is against the rules to make such roles.

BTW, I perfectly understand your desire to use Russian. In fact, I did it as well when I started playing CF. But this is against the rules, and it is easy to see why.

incognitoMon 22-Mar-04 04:23 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25662, "so how did you know who to speak Russian to?"
In response to Reply #9

You never tried speaking it to my character.

What's your ic reason for speaking it to them and not me? Your character just "happened" to bond with other characters that understood this language that no other characters did?

DrokkNimrod (Guest)Sat 20-Mar-04 01:07 AM

#25562, "I am glad that you enjoyed the character"
In response to Reply #2

You were always willing to fight, that was very cool.
I would say something like: Once I am done in ..., and
you would show up in the very place soon thereafter.
Some people have complained that you were a 'ganger'. I see
nothing wrong with this as you fought alone on your own a
lot. Good work.

Our interactions aside from fighting were rather basic.
Drokk: Piss off, moron!
Brulig smiles sadly.
Next stop, Broadway

My fondest memory was when I fought you in the fortress.
We were both quite hurt, but you more so and you were
affected by dirt kicking, so I just bashed you. Then
suddenly I was disarmed by your entrap! I was very surprised
and thought I would die to my ignorance. But I got some lucky
punches in and you died to parting blow. Thanks for the lessons
about polearm specs!

Keiigrahv (Guest)Sun 21-Mar-04 06:08 PM

#25630, "You were fun to fight."
In response to Reply #2

When I won, it was always by the tiniest, hair-thin margin, and when you won you utterly trounced me.

Regardless, much fun was had. Good luck with the next.

Lochzan (Guest)Fri 19-Mar-04 05:26 PM

#25530, "Phew"
In response to Reply #0

I knew about your little deal with the Devil, and boy was I ever a bright shining target. Almost wished you had gone through with the thing, mighta been some cool RP there.

Brulig (Guest)Fri 19-Mar-04 05:53 PM

#25533, "Yep."
In response to Reply #1

Both you and Daemar were targets. You were the prime rib, and Daemar was the salad in case things didn't pan out. First I wanted to use Ghulthruck, but trying to loophole the Father of Devils isn't the smartest of ideas.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25525 Previous topic | Next topic